Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 119
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I don't think McCain understood the violence that Palin rallies were encouraging until now. The race bating and hate speech may go in Alaska, but her presiding over threats to other candidates went over the top to the point of the Secret Service stepping in.
    I have all along believed that there was nothing GOPers and McShame would not say or do -- literally nothing -- if it would enable them to hold onto power. For years they have shown themselves incapable of shame or ethical limitation.

    Though it animates his base, I honestly think he has begun to dial it back mostly because it frightens and alienates nearly everyone else.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. #22  
    Ethical limitations? Bayre, have you looked at which party in the past supported personal freedoms and rights? The Republican party has a better record that the Democrats historically have.

    Also, bunches of you blew the Palin saga up more than what it deserved. Nothing done wrong in the over-all picture. Politics is all it was and is.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Also, bunches of you blew the Palin saga up more than what it deserved. Nothing done wrong in the over-all picture. Politics is all it was and is.
    And you blew up the ayers and preacher stories... not to mention other non-facts you decided to throw in our faces everyday.

    Stuff that did not have an investigation behind it. That is right... stuff that DID NOT have an investigation behind it.

    There is an investigation, two guys lost their jobs, and you think it is okay? She got these two fired and you think it is fine?

    Get a grip, Ben.

    Your posts are a joke...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Ethical limitations? Bayre, have you looked at which party in the past supported personal freedoms and rights? The Republican party ...
    Ben...

    Ben -- am I to understand that you now support the freedom of americans to occaisonally light up a joint, to privately have unbiblical sex, to use the cloth that is the flag as a vehicle of political expression, to choose to not have an unwanted pregnantcy ??

    What is the phone number of the office of Hawaii's ACLU.

    I'm certain they would happily bury old grudges and welcome you enthusiastically to the fold.

    I want to be the first to tell them !!!
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/11/2008 at 03:29 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Also, bunches of you blew the Palin saga up more than what it deserved. Nothing done wrong in the over-all picture. Politics is all it was and is.
    This about the time I have to call you a liar living a lie. Like McShame, I really have no idea what you really stand for. You claim to stand for personal responsibility, yet you continually respond to charges, such as Palin's, with "its just politics" - apparently there is no personal responsibility for right-wingers because either it is "just politics", but if a Dem does it...well we can see how you act. You claim you are a fiscal conservative and yet you've voted for - and are voting again - for people that have lied to you since 1996 and told you they will reduce spending, all while spending more than even Dems. You're a mess Ben - just like your party. And your post reflect your radical, cynical, and lying ways. Keep lying to yourself Ben...we're about to take back our country from whack jobs like you.

    [Insert cut and paste Ben response here: what about obama? what about nancy? what about ovaltine - why don't the Dems call it circle-tine instead of ovaltine? why don't you admit obama is not perfect. what about waffle
    waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle hate hate hate hate hate hate blah blah blah blah]

    You've made yourself into a laughingstock yet again Ben. Congrats.
  6. #26  
    Goodness, you really are getting nasty there, aren't you. Posts like this show you in a non-flattering light. Hey, they lied, but will you ever admit that Barney Frank lied? Will you ever admit that Obama lied about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac when he said last year there was no problem?

    Just words, just speeches. A prime example of a lopsided individual.

    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    This about the time I have to call you a liar living a lie. Like McShame, I really have no idea what you really stand for. You claim to stand for personal responsibility, yet you continually respond to charges, such as Palin's, with "its just politics" - apparently there is no personal responsibility for right-wingers because either it is "just politics", but if a Dem does it...well we can see how you act. You claim you are a fiscal conservative and yet you've voted for - and are voting again - for people that have lied to you since 1996 and told you they will reduce spending, all while spending more than even Dems. You're a mess Ben - just like your party. And your post reflect your radical, cynical, and lying ways. Keep lying to yourself Ben...we're about to take back our country from whack jobs like you.

    [Insert cut and paste Ben response here: what about obama? what about nancy? what about ovaltine - why don't the Dems call it circle-tine instead of ovaltine? why don't you admit obama is not perfect. what about waffle
    waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle hate hate hate hate hate hate blah blah blah blah]

    You've made yourself into a laughingstock yet again Ben. Congrats.
  7. #27  
    Blew up the stories? Not at all. Obama avoided the mention of Ayers like the plague. He also avoided Wright until it exploded and he could not longer avoid a statement. He made a statement, changed it and changed it again. Not blown up at all. Based on Obama's own words, not a "blow up."

    Your continued avoidance of Obama's past, your insistence that he has done nothing wrong, has nothing in his past to be repentant about, Theog, it shows how one-sided you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    And you blew up the ayers and preacher stories... not to mention other non-facts you decided to throw in our faces everyday.

    Stuff that did not have an investigation behind it. That is right... stuff that DID NOT have an investigation behind it.

    There is an investigation, two guys lost their jobs, and you think it is okay? She got these two fired and you think it is fine?

    Get a grip, Ben.

    Your posts are a joke...
  8. #28  
    Ain't gonna happen no time soon. Personal responsibility, don't you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Ben...

    Ben -- am I to understand that you now support the freedom of americans to occaisonally light up a joint, to privately have unbiblical sex, to use the cloth that is the flag as a vehicle of political expression, to choose to not have an unwanted pregnantcy ??

    What is the phone number of the office of Hawaii's ACLU.

    I'm certain they would happily bury old grudges and welcome you enthusiastically to the fold.

    I want to be the first to tell them !!!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Hey, they lied,
    Yes, they did.

    but will you ever admit that Barney Frank lied?
    I'm not sure that I ever said he didn't. I probably said that Barney Franks is not solely to blame for the economic crisis as your pals Hannity and O'Reilly would want us all to believe. But you keep spinning your right-wing rhetoric...we're all so impressed with your ability to mimic a parrot.

    Will you ever admit that Obama lied about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac when he said last year there was no problem?
    Cite the quote specifically and maybe I will. But then you have to admit he also wrote a letter to Paulson about the same matter http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/785/


    Just words, just speeches. A prime example of a lopsided individual.
    Well yes...you are very lopsided. Go take your pills Ben...please...they're for your own good.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 10/12/2008 at 12:56 PM.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    it shows how one-sided you are.
    One must be one-sided with you... you are totally against obama and not until recently did we even know who you liked.

    You never say anything positive about anyone... I think you have the anti-obama side down.

    Once you get off talking about the same old stuff all the time, then maybe others will be able to expand their knowledge of the candidates.

    But when people have one or two people constantly jacking threads with anti-obama speak, what do you expect? It goes one-sided.... actually, I'm starting to think ignoring your posts like a did a while back might be the best thing to do.... then again, getting the best of you everyday is fun.... but it is getting boring.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  11. #31  
    Here's an interesting article about "What the Troopergate Report Really Says":

    http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...849399,00.html
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12. #32  
    Holy cow. No wonder the report came in against the Palins. Her former brother-in-law is Matt Parkman.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  13. #33  
    Theog, you suffer the rhetoric problem in a consistent manner and getting the best of anyone is something you rarely do. Keep trying though.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    One must be one-sided with you... you are totally against obama and not until recently did we even know who you liked.

    You never say anything positive about anyone... I think you have the anti-obama side down.

    Once you get off talking about the same old stuff all the time, then maybe others will be able to expand their knowledge of the candidates.

    But when people have one or two people constantly jacking threads with anti-obama speak, what do you expect? It goes one-sided.... actually, I'm starting to think ignoring your posts like a did a while back might be the best thing to do.... then again, getting the best of you everyday is fun.... but it is getting boring.
  14. #34  
    We thought you knew this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Holy cow. No wonder the report came in against the Palins. Her former brother-in-law is Matt Parkman.
  15. #35  
    So in the VP debate the question was posed: (forgive me Im paraphrasing) Which branch does the VP serve under and how much power do they have?

    Biden quoted the constitution directly saying that the VP was under the executive branch and the only power they have in the administrative branch is in case of a tied vote.

    Palin said that she would like the VP have more power

    So we have had 8 years of Cheney thinking hes above it all and beyond question and reproch. Palin obviously thinks she can do just about whatever she wants.

    This report just goes to show that she will intimidate and use her power however she sees fit without regard to the ethics to do what she wants.

    This woman could be President?

    Barf.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  16. #36  
    And of course never look at the errors that Biden made in the same debate. Her statement was incorrect. Now take a look at those multiple blunders made by Biden. The man is not perfect, though he is more qualified to be president than Obama.
  17. #37  
    Im not focusing on the mistake Im focusing on her attitude of power. Her statement about wishing the VP had more power and should have more power goes hand in hand with the findings of the probe. Thats all.

    Im just saying that based on the probe and based on her statement during the debate it scare ME (not making any broad statements about anyone else) that shes Cheney reincarnate.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Im not focusing on the mistake Im focusing on her attitude of power. Her statement about wishing the VP had more power and should have more power goes hand in hand with the findings of the probe. Thats all.

    Im just saying that based on the probe and based on her statement during the debate it scare ME (not making any broad statements about anyone else) that shes Cheney reincarnate.
    We understood what you meant. Ben just doesn't like to answer things directly or without mentioning Obama/Biden or Ayers, or Franks, or Nancy, etc. etc. etc. You can take that to mean that you've scored some points because he simply has no credible response so he mutters senseless things with a few buzzwords and names tossed in.

    And I agree with you - all American's should be VERY concerned that this woman appears to aspire to be Cheney on steroids.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Im not focusing on the mistake Im focusing on her attitude of power. Her statement about wishing the VP had more power and should have more power goes hand in hand with the findings of the probe.
    Not really; you are just making a leap there. There simply was nothing to substantiate the notion that she has any "attidue of power" from the probe. At best, one could say she faultered on the job and allowed herself to not coral her family members. That's not really any "attitude of power."
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    Not really; you are just making a leap there. There simply was nothing to substantiate the notion that she has any "attidue of power" from the probe. At best, one could say she faultered on the job and allowed herself to not coral her family members. That's not really any "attitude of power."
    Actually, they said that she either didn't stop it, or was an active participant. They didn't make a conclusion either way.

    However, the debate comment was supportive of Cheney's interpretation of the role of the VP, with respect to it not belonging to the executive branch. Constitutional scholars are in agreement that this is a ridiculous interpretation, and Palin supports it. To me, it doesn't speak to an "attitute of power", but a fundamental lack of understanding of the VP role.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions