1.    #1  
    Predictably, no one here is addressing the election fraud brought about by the noble acorn group.

Thousands of fraudulent registrations have been reported and there may well be much more to come.

Boy, and here I thought the left was so above the practices they've long accused the right of - ie. diebold, bush stealing the election from gore, etc.

Not only has acorn played a large role in creating this subprime mortgage mess by encouraging lending to those who can't afford mortgages, but now it is injecting fraud into the election, and obama is involved with this group.

Fascinating. But let's not turn our attention to THAT, let's keep focused on attacking republicans.

Lol. SOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    Predictably, no one here is addressing the election fraud brought about by the noble acorn group.

Thousands of fraudulent registrations have been reported and there may well be much more to come.

Boy, and here I thought the left was so above the practices they've long accused the right of - ie. diebold, bush stealing the election from gore, etc.

Not only has acorn played a large role in creating this subprime mortgage mess by encouraging lending to those who can't afford mortgages, but now it is injecting fraud into the election, and obama is involved with this group.

Fascinating. But let's not turn our attention to THAT, let's keep focused on attacking republicans.

Lol. SOS.
    OK. I'll keep attacking them. Remember New Hampshire?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Ne...amming_scandal

On a serious note - voter fraud is disgusting no matter what side of the isle you come from. It should come as no surprise to anyone that left-wing extremist are capable of such acts, just as right-wing extremist have (and may still) done in the past.

So far it sounds like 2,000 apps were fraudulent. Hopefully that is the extent of the fraud, but I suspect the 1mm+ new Dem voter registrations could very well be cut in half if this is an epidemic problem.

Lol. SOS.

I was reading about them last night... sounds like they have done tons of good (which you mysteriously fail to mention) but it seems some of their outfits are rouge. Like a rouge trooper in Alaska or something.

Seriously, I think the people who commited the acts should be penalized... but the entire organization should not be slandered by the decisions of a few.

They have registered 1.3 million new democrats. Of course republicans are pissed. If half of those show up they can tilt the election to Obama.

Out of 1.3 million they have 2000 fraudulent applications...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I was reading about them last night... sounds like they have done tons of good (which you mysteriously fail to mention) but it seems some of their outfits are rouge. Like a rouge trooper in Alaska or something.

Seriously, I think the people who commited the acts should be penalized... but the entire organization should not be slandered by the decisions of a few.

They have registered 1.3 million new democrats. Of course republicans are pissed. If half of those show up they can tilt the election to Obama.

Out of 1.3 million they have 2000 fraudulent applications...
    It could be a lot more than 2,100 - but whether it is some vast conspiracy or simply overzealous and misguided workers or elements within Acorn that have done this is yet to be revealed. They should investigate and work expeditiously to insure that all qualified registrants get to vote - but also attempt to eliminate dead people from voting as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    It could be a lot more than 2,100 - but whether it is some vast conspiracy or simply overzealous and misguided workers or elements within Acorn that have done this is yet to be revealed. They should investigate and work expeditiously to insure that all qualified registrants get to vote - but also attempt to eliminate dead people from voting as well.
    I'd guess obama zealots letting the "moment" get the best of them... it only takes a couple of idiots to bring an entire campaign down...

Really, look at McCain and Palin.... for the republicans, it starts at the top...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I'd guess obama zealots letting the "moment" get the best of them... it only takes a couple of idiots to bring an entire campaign down...

Really, look at McCain and Palin.... for the republicans, it starts at the top...
    Well there is the left-wing theory on the matter - and that is that GOP operatives actually did the phony registrations to set up ACORN for a legal challenge and hope to disqualify thousands of votes in swing states by having all ACORN registered voters disqualified.

Like I said, an investigation is warranted. Rogues should be brought to justice. But those who are qualified to vote - once - must be allowed to do so.
    ... Not only has acorn played a large role in creating this subprime mortgage mess by encouraging lending to those who can't afford mortgages...
    there's plenty of justification logmein, to be enraged at this economic meltdown.

And yes mortgages were at the heart of it.

But if you knew more about how this catastrophe came to be, you'd understand that activists like Acorn, and even shady mortgage broker- promoters -- played only a tiny part in this multi-trillion dollar scandal.

(continued in the mortgage thread)
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/10/2008 at 11:35 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Predictably, no one here is addressing the election fraud brought about by the noble group.

Thousands of fraudulent registrations have been reported and there may well be much more to come

Lol. SOS.
    I guess you are forgetting that you can replace "acorn" with "Republican Party" unless you don't know that Republican Parties on the state and local level have also submitted thousands of fraudulent registrations?
    Same Old 'Stuff', no doubt.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Obama not associated with this group? Donations, and did he not train people in this organization and did he not represent them in court? That is a very clear association.