Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    It is with a very heavy heart that I must now admit that Sen. McCain will not win this campaign. His slow thought-to-speech half-baked plans. Along with a reactionary scatter brained campaign strategy clearly shows that he is not the man for the job.

Let me be up front. I am one of the very few African Americans who has supported McCain. But after this debate I have come to the decision.

I will remove the often-battered MAC/Palin sign from my front yard. I will still wear the t-shirt, as it is good tool to spark a discussion. Why?

Obama cleaned McCain’s clock in the almost every areas of my interest, heck no need to list them because everything McCain threw up Obama slammed back at him in a clear and concise manner. It is clear to me that we need a quick thinking President for the next four to eight years and McCain is not that man.

Now if we can just get Pelosi, Frank, Dodd and Boxer out of there and then commit Bidden to quiet home down the road from the white house. And then add in at least 20 more true conservatives maybe things will be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    It is with a very heavy heart that I must now admit that Sen. McCain will not win this campaign. His slow thought-to-speech half-baked plans. Along with a reactionary scatter brained campaign strategy clearly shows that he is not the man for the job.

Let me be up front. I am one of the very few African Americans who has supported McCain. But after this debate I have come to the decision.

I will remove the often-battered MAC/Palin sign from my front yard. I will still wear the t-shirt, as it is good tool to spark a discussion. Why?

Obama cleaned McCain’s clock in the almost every areas of my interest, heck no need to list them because everything McCain threw up Obama slammed back at him in a clear and concise manner. It is clear to me that we need a quick thinking President for the next four to eight years and McCain is not that man.

Now if we can just get Pelosi, Frank, Dodd and Boxer out of there and then commit Bidden to quiet home down the road from the white house. And then add in at least 20 more true conservatives maybe things will be alright.
    I'm a man willing to compromise so I'll go for that. I've wanted Pelosi and Reid out for a while now anyway. And I wouldn't miss Barney even if I think he can be pretty witty at times....funny actually.

BTW - I agree about the debate but as I said in another thread, the $300 billion bailout...that he already voted for in the $700 billion bailout, is just stunning announcement from this guy...I am just flabbergasted. This guy literally will say ANYTHING to get elected....and when I say ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING at any MINUTE because he really is erratic the way he gets a brain fart and blurbs these things out.

BTW2 - for a guy that took Goldwater's seat, he certainly is no Barry Goldwater.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I'm a man willing to compromise so I'll go for that. I mean ANYTHING at any MINUTE because he really is erratic the way he gets a brain fart and blurbs these things out.

Agreed! Why would he come up with an Idea of dumping $300 Billion more, why not $700 no $800 Billion.

I will hate four years of hearing "PAYKEETAN" the way Obama says it.

And yes I also agree there are several more elected officials, which should enjoy and early retirement and become a lobbyist.

I just hope that who ever becomes “The Man” will do it in peace. Eight years of “Stopping Clinton” Then eight years of stopping Bush. This is America’s biggest problem. We need someone who can bring us together who is willing to let the other side get the credit. Someone who is not in it for themselves.

That is why I regret the McCain will loose the election.
    Last edited by g.711; 10/08/2008 at 02:14 AM. Reason: next thought
    Agreed! Why would he come up with an Idea of dumping $300 Billion more, why not $700 no $800 Billion.

I will hate four years of hearing "PAYKEETAN" the way Obama says it.

And yes I also agree there are several more elected officials, which should enjoy and early retirement and become a lobbyist.

I just hope that who ever becomes “The Man” will do it in peace. Eight years of “Stopping Clinton” Then eight years of stopping Bush. This is America’s biggest problem. We need someone who can bring us together who is willing to let the other side get the credit. Someone who is not in it for themselves.

That is why I regret the McCain will loose the election.
    Wish I was confident as all of you.

Because of the economy I have believed that Obama would win -- and as the economy has gotten worse my anxiety (about the election) has somewhat lessened.

Today I even agreed to accept tickets offered to me to an election night party by a Democratic Party friend -- on the condition that he promise me that Obama would win.

Following tonight's debate, I fear that the polls will tighten.

You all focus on facts, lies, and distortions.

I'm not smart enough for that stuff.

The little commentary though, that I've heard since the debate conforms to your view.

And in remembering the debate in my mind, I could easily argue that McShame has had another dismal night. (like I had said he had had after the first debate.)

No. Tonight I fear Obama was wounded.

Injured by his lack of specificity -- especially on the early housing question.

Hopefully BARYE is wrong (it does happen sometimes ...)

Hopefully he will cruise to an overwhelming win -- so overwhelming not even the GOP will think to try and steal it.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I worked today and am just too tired to download the debate. Anyway, those comments about getting ride of Nancy, Barney, Barbara, Chris Dodd and Joe Biden, I just gotta go with. I will also include Harry.

I also wish that Obama would make the statement that he WILL clean house (get rid of Barney and friends) and mean it - that would go a long way of breaking his tradition of NOT disagreeing with his party. McCain has broken with his party, Obama has never come close to breaking with his party.
    Heard a story this morning that goes like this. Snow White is cleaning and doing laundry when she hears a loud boom coming for the direction of the mine. She runs to the mine and finds just a very large open hole. She shouts down the hole; "Is anyone there, is anyone there?" From deep in the hole comes a very faint voice saying Vote for Obama, vote for Obama. She immediately falls to her knees and prays to God. "Oh God, thank you so much for saving Dopey!"
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Obama is not dopey and neither is Bush for that matter.
    I say again, we as a country need to get past the name-calling and focus on people who will do what ever they say they are going to do. I believed twice that Bush was that person. I still strongly believe that his good goals were derailed by the events of the world and the undoing of Democrats.
    I like the previous statement that Obama or McCain should come out and tell the country “I will get those guys and clean house.” That would be a game changer for many of us.

Vote out the incumbents do nothing politicians!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I also wish that Obama would make the statement that he WILL clean house (get rid of Barney and friends) and mean it - that would go a long way of breaking his tradition of NOT disagreeing with his party. McCain has broken with his party, Obama has never come close to breaking with his party.
    You do realize that a President can't get rid of elected Congressmen, nor does he have the authority to select who is elected as House Speaker, etc.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    We realize that; however, influence is something the President has and with enough pressure, something can be done to ride the legislative branch of proven thiefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I agree about the debate but as I said in another thread, the $300 billion bailout...that he already voted for in the $700 billion bailout, is just stunning announcement from this guy
    Indeed it was; what's worse that came on the heels of talking about reducing spending. It was absolutely insane and worse than anything, I'll bet many are merely desentitized to such speak.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Wish I was confident as all of you.

Because of the economy I have believed that Obama would win -- and as the economy has gotten worse my anxiety (about the election) has somewhat lessened.

Today I even agreed to accept tickets offered to me to an election night party by a Democratic Party friend -- on the condition that he promise me that Obama would win.

Following tonight's debate, I fear that the polls will tighten.

You all focus on facts, lies, and distortions.

I'm not smart enough for that stuff.

The little commentary though, that I've heard since the debate conforms to your view.

And in remembering the debate in my mind, I could easily argue that McShame has had another dismal night. (like I had said he had had after the first debate.)

No. Tonight I fear Obama was wounded.

Injured by his lack of specificity -- especially on the early housing question.

Hopefully BARYE is wrong (it does happen sometimes ...)

Hopefully he will cruise to an overwhelming win -- so overwhelming not even the GOP will think to try and steal it.
    You are still mad about Obama kicking Hillary in the duff....

You are struggling to accept obama... which is understandable.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    Indeed it was; what's worse that came on the heels of talking about reducing spending. It was absolutely insane and worse than anything, I'll bet many are merely desentitized to such speak.
    I thought it was funny... I laughed so hard... I'm really struggling to find anything sensible in McCain's campaign right. People are finally starting to see what I've been saying: McCain's judgment is off.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Reduced spending? How - his figures do not add up at all. Obama = some really hard years ahead.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    no matter who is the Pres. we are looking at some real hard years.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Reduced spending? How - his figures do not add up at all. Obama = some really hard years ahead.
    Data has shown that McCain's spending plans will cost a bir more than Obama's. And McCain's plan to fund it primarily through reducing earmarks won't come close to paying for it. But don't let the facts deter you.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    no matter who is the Pres. we are looking at some real hard years.
    You have that right...

It is almost like starting to exercise again after not doing it for a while...

First you go through much pain... as time goes on you start to "feel" better.

Fortunately, obama has been upfront with the challenges confronting us. He has stated it is not going to be easy.

I'm not assuming to say that mccain has not said that.. I've not heard him say that, but it does not mean he did not say it....

No one will have a "magical" pill. Pain awaits many