Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 206
  1. #161  
    Not reading the job description - not great. But you know, her gaff was no worse than those made by Joe Biden. When do you acknowledge that?

    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Ahh yes, she dumbed it all down. That's the ticket!

    She didn't know. Period. She didn't just say the VP was in charge of the Senate, she actually said she can't wait to get in there and work with the Senate like she was going to be their leader.

    Missing in the description of the VP job - the fact that she needs to be ready to be President on day one.

    Here is Palin before she was picked for VP answering the question about what a VP does (and a bunch of stuff about the firing of her ex-brother-in-law before that).
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Any worse though than Biden and his statements about the drunk that killed his wife?
    I think that, since even conservatives aren't questioning that particular statement at all, maybe that horse is well and truly dead. I think that further beating it is unnecessary.

    As for his comment being worse than Palin, I would think that having an understanding of the job you're actually applying for should be a prerequisite. You can disagree about whether his comments are an accurate reflection of the events of his wife's death (though I think it's a bit tacky, personally), but that's a far cry from not knowing what the VP does. She didn't make a "gaffe", as you put it, because she repeated similar statements in an interview and in the debate.

    Of course, based on her favorable vs. unfavorable rating, (38%-47%), I'd say that most of the country agrees by now that she's in way over her head.
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/22/2008 at 01:22 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post

    ...Here is Palin before she was picked for VP answering the question about what a VP does (and a bunch of stuff about the firing of her ex-brother-in-law before that).
    Wow --

    documented straight to the camera, bald faced lying.

    Well at least I'm now satisfied she's qualified to be President...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4. #164  
    It would be interesting if the press were unbiased, what the difference in the polls would be. Would Obama be in the lead?
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Not reading the job description - not great.
    LOL. We know its REALLY bad if Ben agrees.
  6. #166  
    Yeah, really bad. But no worse than Biden's recent statement about Obama being tested within the first 6 months if he gets the White House.
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It would be interesting if the press were unbiased, what the difference in the polls would be. Would Obama be in the lead?
    You're absolutely correct - I wonder if it would be a bigger lead if Rush, Foxnews, etc., weren't so biased.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8. #168  
    When you put Rush and Fox News together, there is still much greater coverage on Obama by the other networks and media outlets. Fox really is much more unbiased than NBC, CBS, ABC.
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    When you put Rush and Fox News together, there is still much greater coverage on Obama by the other networks and media outlets. Fox really is much more unbiased than NBC, CBS, ABC.
    What data are you basing that conclusion on? Is that just your pronouncement, or can you back it up? Or just because Sarah Palin said so?

    "Unless you have data as a backup, you're just another guy with an opinion" - Perry Gluckman
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    You're absolutely correct - I wonder if it would be a bigger lead if Rush, Foxnews, etc., weren't so biased.
    Biased is an understatement. Liars and character assassins might be more appropriate.

    And one must distinguish between Fox News and the foaming at the mouth pundits that have shows on Fox. I don't believe Hannity, O'Reilly, or Olberman for that matter, were considered when evaluating what networks report more fairly. I believe the study was on actual news reporting - like the NBC Nightly News vs. Fox News Nightly.

    If there were a study about the talking heads and what network has more partisans with more airtime that spews the most partisan bile - Fox will win hands down. MSNBC is gaining on them with Olberman and Maddow.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    What data are you basing that conclusion on? Is that just your pronouncement, or can you back it up? Or just because Sarah Palin said so?

    "Unless you have data as a backup, you're just another guy with an opinion" - Perry Gluckman
    He never has any data to backup anything...

    Then discounts others when they show data backing up their argument.

    That is ben though...

    Far as fox news and msnbc and cnn, etc... I don't know who is bigger. I guess someone could lookup readership and show the numbers.... seems it would be easy to do. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    He never has any data to backup anything...

    Then discounts others when they show data backing up their argument.

    That is ben though...
    ...or blames Biden for claiming the truck driver that killed his family was drunk.
  13. #173  
    Well, I've just been beating the drum for folks to substantiate their reasoning, as I would for students in my schools, or in debating issues with my sons. Honest disagreements can happen, but unreasoned, unsubstantiated pronouncements do nothing to add to a discussion.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  14. #174  
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...outube_1082395 - just take a look here and then do some more looking around.
  15. #175  
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    In Couric's interview, she definitely stated that her proximity gave her foreign policy experience:
    Not exactly. Couric stated it and asked her to explain it.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...outube_1082395 - just take a look here and then do some more looking around.
    All this states is that McCain is alleging bias, not that the bias actually exists.

    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    This article simply states that Obama is winning.

    I was particularly struck by this quote: "Mike Murphy, a Republican strategist who was the architect of McCain’s 2000 campaign said: “It’s McCain’s barn that’s on fire. … Thirty days out, I think McCain can win. But the fact is, [if the] election were held today, he’d lose. And I think he’s on a losing path." I'm not certain what this article substantiates.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...outube_1082395 - just take a look here and then do some more looking around.
    funny.... employees of NBC News are not permitted to appear in any type of advertisement.

    Guess I'm missing your point... They had a reason to remove it, but you don't agree?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  19. #179  
    I can see the moon from my house... I'm an astronaut.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Ahh yes, she dumbed it all down. That's the ticket!
    Not being very moderate here.
    She didn't know. Period. She didn't just say the VP was in charge of the Senate, she actually said she can't wait to get in there and work with the Senate like she was going to be their leader.
    Did you happen to read the full text at one of your links where Biden said something similar?
    Missing in the description of the VP job - the fact that she needs to be ready to be President on day one.
    Someone planning on killing McCain if he would happen to get a miracle?
    Here is Palin before she was picked for VP answering the question about what a VP does (and a bunch of stuff about the firing of her ex-brother-in-law before that).
    No, that's Palin asking what a VP does on a day to day basis. Quite a different question.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions