Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    According to Drudge we may need to bail out Calif. Iím sure New York is next.
    I don't know about the rest of you but here in Texas that dog won't hunt.

It is a good plan on second thought. Which politician is goanna say NO! to Calif. before the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    Which politician is goanna say NO! to Calif. before the election.
    I know a whole bunch of them... maybe not mccain and obama... but the rest of the politicians won't give a rats az about cali... unless their constituents are from cali.

All this money floating around... no wonder cali wants a part... and not to mention a Rep gov... wait, that explains it... lol

SchwarzenSame. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    Which politician is goanna say NO! to Calif. before the election.
    Actually I think this would be a no-brainer for McSame. He'd never carry the state anyway and what gets the base more riled up than the land of "fruits and nuts?" I'm not condoning it at all....but I can easily see the right-wingers using California as the shining star of liberalism, gay marriage, tax and spend, etc.

I'll look for McSame to be running some sleazy anti-Cali ads over the weekend. He's got a lot of ground to make up in states he should be winning right now and he loves to gamble...this bet would be a safe bet for him IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Actually I think this would be a no-brainer for McSame. He'd never carry the state anyway and what gets the base more riled up than the land of "fruits and nuts?" I'm not condoning it at all....but I can easily see the right-wingers using California as the shining star of liberalism, gay marriage, tax and spend, etc.

I'll look for McSame to be running some sleazy anti-Cali ads over the weekend. He's got a lot of ground to make up in states he should be winning right now and he loves to gamble...this bet would be a safe bet for him IMO.
    California is the canary in the coal mine.

The blood that has kept alive the american economic system for generations is flowing out.

And its not just California. Its companies like GM, MacDonalds, even GE.

Things that needed to be done last summer, problems that could have been addressed then with modest action -- for ideological reasions, were not.

Things now are breaking down. I think (and fear) it may already have gone beyond the point of no return.

Collectively we are all bleeding to death...

October 4, 2008
    California, Short of Cash, May Ask U.S. for Loan
    By RANDAL C. ARCHIBOLD NYTimes

LOS ANGELES — With the credit crisis cutting off access to short-term financing, California officials said the state may be forced to ask the United States government to lend it $7 billion, warning that the state could run out of money in a few weeks without it.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in a letter Thursday night to Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. said that with credit markets essentially frozen, the state, like a slew of others and local governments nationwide, had no access to the short-term financing that normally support day-to-day operations.

“California and other states may be unable to obtain the necessary level of financing to maintain government operations and may be forced to turn to the Federal treasury for short-term financing,” Mr. Schwarzenegger said in the letter, which was first reported by The Los Angeles Times...

As the nation’s most populous state, California’s precarious finances underscore the depths of the financial crisis. The emergency handout, the equivalent of $192 for each resident, would rival the federal government’s bailout of New York City in 1975 as it teetered on bankruptcy...

...on Wednesday ... as Congress debated the rescue plan, the state has been locked out of credit markets for the past 10 days. “The credit market is frozen because financial institutions are afraid to commit capital amid enormous uncertainty,” he said...

...the state’s cash reserves would drain completely near the end of the month, jeopardizing payment for teachers’ salaries, nursing homes, law enforcement and an array of other state-financed services. California’s 5,000 cities, counties and school districts, he added, would face the same fate...

the state gets routine short-term loans in the fall to cover its bases until state coffers refill in the spring from tax revenue and other sources. But the shuttered credit market has upended the budgeting, he said, adding that even if the credit markets loosen, it could cost more to borrow. He noted that in the weeks leading up to the crisis borrowing terms had increased substantially...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Republican governor with a democrat legislature? Incidentally, he really is more democrat in his day-to-day beliefs than republican.

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I know a whole bunch of them... maybe not mccain and obama... but the rest of the politicians won't give a rats az about cali... unless their constituents are from cali.

All this money floating around... no wonder cali wants a part... and not to mention a Rep gov... wait, that explains it... lol

SchwarzenSame. lol
    McCane is not the only one who thinks California has some strange priorities. It is a shining star in many places, just look at Nancy and how popular she is.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    McCane is not the only one who thinks California has some strange priorities. It is a shining star in many places, just look at Nancy and how popular she is.
    And your point is? Or didn't you have one...again?
    You know, just take the time to look. It is there.
    You know, just take the time to look. It is there.
    I guess I don't know what it is I'm looking for that isn't obvious? That they are a liberal state? That they advocate gay marriage? That they want $7B? What is it that you're trying to say? And what the heck does it have to do with my premise that McSame would do well politically by attacking CA since righties hate the state and all that it stands for?
    That California continues to spend, spend, spend. Bring the budget down to size, suffer? Where to cut - now they find themselves in a position of having to do so and with the size of the state budget...

Do you ever say anything not related to the word hate? Anyone who disagrees with you, anyone from the right is a hater? You and several others have really gotten the name calling thing down pat.
    Do you ever say anything not related to the word hate?
    Tough to do when you keep posting crap like Obama's 57 state quote and Islamic ties....or whatever your point was. You hate the man. Period. You're just too intellectually dishonest to admit it. Just like your neo-con friend up here.

Anyone who disagrees with you, anyone from the right is a hater? You and several others have really gotten the name calling thing down pat.
    Well you do plenty of name calling yourself Ben. You're more subtle - I'm much more brash about it (my NY ways I guess...sorry). But you call names, you lie, you twist facts, and basically troll to the extent that it does frustrate me.

Don't worry Ben - once the race is over I'll likely move on with my life and disappear. For now, I've decided to adopt you and your pal as my neo-con whipping boys because shouting at the TV is just not working for me.
    No, you hate me pointing out the errors that Barry Obama makes. I do not hate the man and do not hate his politics. I like the man and what he has accomplished, I do not like his politics. Lie, twisting facts, wow! and to think that the liberal side is pure. Goodness. Anyway, thank you for the honor of the adoption; however, there is the extremely good chance it should be the other way around (due to age - just shy of 60).

Shouting at the television? That might get you in trouble with the law...everything else we do has that possibility.

My point for posting it? None really, just to show that the Barry suffers from the Quail syndrome.

Take care and sleep well.
    No, you hate me pointing out the errors that Barry Obama makes. I do not hate the man and do not hate his politics. I like the man and what he has accomplished, I do not like his politics.
    This is really a senseless battle with you...

....you don't point out "errors", you propagate LIES. Unsubstantiated, grossly exaggerated, biased, right-wing gutter politics...LIES. So please stop making yourself out to be some hero of the people trying to save us all from "the terrorist lover". You're a neo-con and you spread LIES - not errors, not truth....just lies.
    This is really a senseless battle with you...

....you don't point out "errors", you propagate LIES. Unsubstantiated, grossly exaggerated, biased, right-wing gutter politics...LIES. So please stop making yourself out to be some hero of the people trying to save us all from "the terrorist lover". You're a neo-con and you spread LIES - not errors, not truth....just lies.
    And with this, I wonder why Ben continues to waste his time with these worthless, one sided Off Topic threads.

It's obvious to the casual Off Topc observer, is that, some individuals that live in this forum, want to kick Ben to the curb and stomp on him. It reminds me of what a cowardly individual does in a gang to an elderly victim.

It's my understanding, that T|C does not allow personal attacks. But this is all I see when Ben responds to anything that is posted in the Off Topic forum. It's also my understanding, that a debate should be allowed. But when Ben says anything about Obama, he is called a hater. I fully expect to see race card thrown at any time.

The subjects of these Off Topic threads are clearly one sided. I guess it's just not obvious to some of you, that's the reason 99% of T|C membership won't reply to any of these subjects.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    And with this, I wonder why Ben continues to waste his time with these worthless, one sided Off Topic threads.

It's obvious to the casual Off Topc observer, is that, some individuals that live in this forum, want to kick Ben to the curb and stomp on him. It reminds me of what a cowardly individual does in a gang to an elderly victim.

It's my understanding, that T|C does not allow personal attacks. But this is all I see when Ben responds to anything that is posted in the Off Topic forum. It's also my understanding, that a debate should be allowed. But when Ben says anything about Obama, he is called a hater. I fully expect to see race card thrown at any time.

The subjects of these Off Topic threads are clearly one sided. I guess it's just not obvious to some of you, that's the reason 99% of T|C membership won't reply to any of these subjects.
    Ben doesn't merely "respond" and anybody that reads his "body of work" up here it is that of a troll. He posts one rhetorical post after another - most in which he cannot support with any other than right-wing blogs and youtube videos.

So since you're so interested in fairness, perhaps you ought to read a few more threads and get back to me about "poor" Ben and his attempts to debate fairly. The guy is a troll and I'm fighting fire with fire. The mods have obviously decided to allow for this "gloves off" type of discussion in this forum and I intend on answering every one of Ben's rhetorical charges and arguments with a punch in the nose every time....until I'm told to do otherwise.

And BTW - I've left this forum months ago for the same reasons you've cited above (right-wing one-sided threads and attacks on anything slightly left of **** Cheney) but felt the need to post here again because of Ben's outrageous posts. I know that I should know better than to feed a troll...but I could not help myself.

How is calling someone a "liberal" - with all of the negative connotations the right-wing means by that - how does that differ from calling someone a "neo-con"? Me thinks there is double standard here.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    ...The subjects of these Off Topic threads are clearly one sided. I guess it's just not obvious to some of you, that's the reason 99% of T|C membership won't reply to any of these subjects.
    they only seem one sided because they are not reflecting your point of view.

Anyone can participate -- and everyone is welcome to share their own knowledge, passion, and insights...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Maybe Arnold should get a loan from his wife's family. I believe she is a part of the KENNEDY clan and I haven't seen one of them go hungry ever.

Just a thought; in jest of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
    Maybe Arnold should get a loan from his wife's family. I believe she is a part of the KENNEDY clan and I haven't seen one of them go hungry ever.

Just a thought; in jest of course.
    I think he should step down and go back to doing what he does best... weight training.

Maybe he can do some acting or something as well.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Yeah, love those videos. How about some of these:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220...googlenews_wsj

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221...googlenews_wsj

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...iref=hpmostpop

What it is: these people are unwilling to admit that Obama is nothing more than a politican that will say what he needs to say to get to where he wants to go. Obama does not answer direct and difficult questions. Read the above. We speak of the problems McCain has - and they are there. However, if McCain were to have the kind of associations Obama has had for many, many, many, many years, McCain would have been shoved to the side long ago. We speak of Keating and the scandal, well it is really bad when the investigator, a Democrat, said that McCain did nothing wrong. Really embarrassing to the committee chairman that only the Democrats are at fault there.

It is really bad when Barney Frank says there is nothing wrong and yet, he is very deep in it and what is even worse, he does not excuse himself! To think that is will exercise greater control...gosh, how is that going to happen? Look at the profits he has made. Look at the profits that Obama has made. Look at the profits that McCain has made - yes, McCain - but when you look at it closely, McCain has the least dirt on his hands and Barney and friends are covered with mud.

Ben doesn't merely "respond" and anybody that reads his "body of work" up here it is that of a troll. He posts one rhetorical post after another - most in which he cannot support with any other than right-wing blogs and youtube videos.

So since you're so interested in fairness, perhaps you ought to read a few more threads and get back to me about "poor" Ben and his attempts to debate fairly. The guy is a troll and I'm fighting fire with fire. The mods have obviously decided to allow for this "gloves off" type of discussion in this forum and I intend on answering every one of Ben's rhetorical charges and arguments with a punch in the nose every time....until I'm told to do otherwise.

And BTW - I've left this forum months ago for the same reasons you've cited above (right-wing one-sided threads and attacks on anything slightly left of **** Cheney) but felt the need to post here again because of Ben's outrageous posts. I know that I should know better than to feed a troll...but I could not help myself.

How is calling someone a "liberal" - with all of the negative connotations the right-wing means by that - how does that differ from calling someone a "neo-con"? Me thinks there is double standard here.
    Very well said indeed.
    She definitely raised some good points. I liked her telling off Begala in the related videos. That being said, I'm not clear on what it has to do with California. clinkers stuff either for that matter.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast