Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 121
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    Karma is a BlTCH. Or is it the lord working in a mysterious way?
    though as always I hope to watch her frog marched from the courthouse with a borrowed jacket over her face -- realistically this is Alaska -- and many (and maybe most ??) of those deciding her fate are GOPers.

    whether or not its justified, I'm not holding my breath for the same capital punishment she metes out to moose -- who are doubtless more innocent...
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/09/2008 at 08:11 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. #82  
    No kidding. The fact that the Alaskan supreme court refused to dismiss the case is a little surprising dogonnit.
  3. #83  
    The same thoughts should exist for those in the House and Senate associated with the economic crisis, including those associated with Obama.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The same thoughts should exist for those in the House and Senate associated with the economic crisis, including those associated with Obama.
    OMG - you're relentless with this non-sense.

    I have a red-eye to catch...too bad...your posts are getting sooooo much more informative and substantive.
  5. #85  
    Non-sense to punish those people who caused this regardless of their political philosophy? Really, how is it non-sense?
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Non-sense to punish those people who caused this regardless of their political philosophy? Really, how is it non-sense?
    More spinning...twisting....lying.

    I'm done with you until you take your meds.
  7. #87  
    I think we'll just let the voters speak:

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ama_vs_mccain/
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8. #88  
    We understand this and it is a matter for the "undecided" to make a decision. Both candidates have to work with this group in order to sew it up. It would be fascinating if the press were to do its job in this area instead of ignoring the facts and publishing opinion as fact.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    We understand this and it is a matter for the "undecided" to make a decision. Both candidates have to work with this group in order to sew it up. It would be fascinating if the press were to do its job in this area instead of ignoring the facts and publishing opinion as fact.
    what press?

    Are you saying the "press" is going to put obama in the White House? Is that your argument on Nov 5th?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    what press?

    Are you saying the "press" is going to put obama in the White House? Is that your argument on Nov 5th?
    He doesn't have an argument. He will never accept responsibility for his candidate's laughable campaign or sins just like he thinks Palin's abuse of power should be chalked up to "just politics". The guy has become a walking contradiction - or as I call it, a hypocrite - angry at anything capable of independent thought, especially thought that falls even remotely to the left of his extreme right-wing viewpoints.
  11. #92  
    The press? Look at NBC, CBS, ABC, et cetera - until recently every one of them emphasized Obama over McCain. That is exactly what I mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    what press?

    Are you saying the "press" is going to put obama in the White House? Is that your argument on Nov 5th?
  12. #93  
    Palin's abuse of power? Read the statement a little closer, there is no abuse of power there. You are aware that Obama won his first election by having his lawyers knock all his opponents off the ballot on technicalities.

    You speak of anger - when people in the audience made statements about Obama's character, what did McCain do/say? Has Obama done that with any of his supporters? We just gotta remember that Obama states his wife is off limits - McCain has never said that about his wife.

    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    He doesn't have an argument. He will never accept responsibility for his candidate's laughable campaign or sins just like he thinks Palin's abuse of power should be chalked up to "just politics". The guy has become a walking contradiction - or as I call it, a hypocrite - angry at anything capable of independent thought, especially thought that falls even remotely to the left of his extreme right-wing viewpoints.
  13. #94  
    Does that really make sense? he started his first campaign at Ayers house. Served on boards together, there is just so much out there that shows a connection, your failure to acknowledge that shows a 1-sided position. You blast McCain for his former associations and excuse Obama - that is hypocritical to a fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
  14. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Palin's abuse of power? Read the statement a little closer, there is no abuse of power there.
    Actually, the report specifically states that she abused her power. They simply separate the firing (which was legal) from the influence exerted to fire Wooten (which violated Alaska's ethics rule about using political power for personal gain).

    The McCain campaign can say she is exonerated because the firing was legal, but they leave out the ethics violation.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  15. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    FAH, but also dead on in pointing out the parallel absurdity of palin's original claim.
    The funny (odd) thing is that Palin never seems to have made any such claim. Was reading a Time piece yesterday that pointed it out. Did a little searching and it seems that it was originally advanced by some Fox morning show guy (Doocy or something like that), and 'confirmed' by Cindy McCain.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  16.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Palin's abuse of power? Read the statement a little closer, there is no abuse of power there.
    Which one? This one:

    "Finding Number One

    For reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act."


    You are aware that Obama won his first election by having his lawyers knock all his opponents off the ballot on technicalities.
    Cite facts. Otherwise, shut up.

    You speak of anger - when people in the audience made statements about Obama's character, what did McCain do/say?
    For about 5 days he did NOTHING. Or were you asleep during that part of the debacle? He only did something once he saw that his sleazy tactics were backfiring.

    Has Obama done that with any of his supporters?
    He issued a statement refuting the notion that McCain is like Wallace with hours of it being said. And he doesn't have raging, ignorant, maniacs at his rallys who scream "terrorists", "kill him" etc. Obama's rallies are much more dignified.

    We just gotta remember that Obama states his wife is off limits - McCain has never said that about his wife.

    Exactly - what a pu$$y McShame is! He has to have two girls fight his fights for him. Now you might see the use of one's wife to do his dirty work - and the other female soul mate in his campaign - however, I think most see him for the desperate out-of-touch fool that he is that will EVEN use his wife in his campaign. And whether you'd like to admit it or not, using one's spouse to the extent that McShame has is highly unusual so Obama is hardly setting new precedent here.
  17. #98  
    Somewhat similar in words, but certainly not in meaning to the satirical 'quotes'. That being said, the point wasn't that Palin hasn't said some things that are worth criticizing, but that this particular criticism was a bit overblown.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/18/2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: remove reference to life2short clone posting
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  18. #99  
    humour requires both intelligence and detachment.

    its hard to include in intelligent discussion those who have an inability to process humour or to digest irony.

    That woman who called Obama an arab may well have heard something intended as sarcasm on some rightwing radio show -- but she understood it literally.

    People like that frighten me -- they are the ones who will blindly follow demagogic leaders, echo empty sloganeering, and proclaim their support for liberty and free expression while actually wanting to suppress it...
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/18/2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: remove reference to life2short clone posting
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  19.    #100  
    Yes, that is a stuffed monkey with an Obama sticker that he is holding. And in typical chickenhawk, cowardly fashion, he "bravely" removes the hat and gives the time bomb to an unassuming child in the audience. Nothing taking "personal responsibility" for his appalling racist actions.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...pHome;topStory
    Last edited by moderateinny; 10/12/2008 at 12:50 PM.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions