Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Do you hear the passion in her voice and lack of it in his? Very monotone.
    I hear the same passion one hears when I watch someone read the local nightly tv news.
    Really now, not here in Paradise.
    Did we see/hear the emotion displayed by Biden when his wife came up? I feel for the man. However, did he not at one time (2001/2007) claim that his wife was killed by a drunk driver? Well, http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...WS02/809040379.

They both messed up a bit here and there, but when it comes to credibility, let the above story be taken in to play.
    What the debate did show is that she is more than capable of handling herself with the "big guys" and no loose her cool. The same cannot be said about Biden (not considering the family thing). And goodness, I really did believe he was running a few times.
    What the debate did show is that she is more than capable of handling herself with the "big guys" and no loose her cool. The same cannot be said about Biden (not considering the family thing). And goodness, I really did believe he was running a few times.
    FWIW -- I believe he was talking about being in the hospital worrying about whether his sons would recover

755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  6.    #46  
    WTF are you talking about Ben? Almost every pundit I saw (except for the extreme ones) from the right and left of the isle said he was restrained - almost to a fault - and uncharacteristically Biden.

Honestly, just when I think there may some rational discussion on this board you drop these bombs like this that have me convinced that you and Hannity drink from the same Kool Aid trough.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    FWIW -- I believe he was talking about being in the hospital worrying about whether his sons would recover

That is EXACTLY what he was talking about and Ben knows it. He just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or forgot his pills again today and has evidently reverted back to his trolling ways. The man lost a wife, daughter, and was faced with losing another child - who the heck wouldn't get emotional thinking about that horrific memory?
    I realize he was speaking of his son; however, just putting in the other part where he says his wife and child were killed by a drunk driver, which was not the case. Nope, did not wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Strike the above.

Wow, it has been a long day - his wife was the only one who died. Anyway, his "choking" up is understandable; however, his statements regarding it being from a DWI, made twice, is unforgivable. The family of the other party is placed in a very bad light for something he was not responsible for. What about the harm and stress his unapologetic statements cause them.
    Last edited by bclinger; 10/05/2008 at 02:25 AM.
    Restraint from him, normal from other people. Regardless, she displayed her skills well and that is also echoed by the people you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    WTF are you talking about Ben? Almost every pundit I saw (except for the extreme ones) from the right and left of the isle said he was restrained - almost to a fault - and uncharacteristically Biden.

Honestly, just when I think there may some rational discussion on this board you drop these bombs like this that have me convinced that you and Hannity drink from the same Kool Aid trough.
    Biden's real strength is his ability to lie with a straight face while looking at the camera.
  11.    #51  
    Biden's real strength is his ability to lie with a straight face while looking at the camera.
    And Palin winks when she lies - which of course makes her look like she has a nervous tick since she lies so much.
  12.    #52  
    Wow, it has been a long day - his wife was the only one who died.
    It is difficult to accept your take on this as an honest attempt to analyze the situation when you don't even have a grasp on the basic facts.

Biden's 13 month old daughter was also killed Ben. His wife was not "the only one".

Anyway, his "choking" up is understandable; however, his statements regarding it being from a DWI, made twice, is unforgivable.
    People deal with the tragic death of loved ones in different ways, but more often than not, they cannot accept the reality of the situation. When they died there weren't breathalyzers and very little investigation was done if drinking were suspected in many states. So even though the investigators concluded there was no drinking involved back then, it is possible that Biden never accepted that. Perhaps its easier for him to continue to demonize the driver of the other vehicle, even though he supposedly did write them a letter and offered forgiveness.

The family of the other party is placed in a very bad light for something he was not responsible for. What about the harm and stress his unapologetic statements cause them.
    Does he call them out by name? Either way - if it is a sinister as you think and Biden is using the accident for political gain, I would agree that is a horrible thing. Does it disqualify him for being VP? Well it certainly goes in my "negative column" - but I'm guessing on the whole, the story is a speed bump in the big picture simply because I don't have all of the facts....AND NEITHER DO YOU.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 10/05/2008 at 12:04 PM.
    You just said that breathalyzers were not used back in 1972? Wrong on that you are. And I apologize for not including the daughter. You speak of little investigation of crashes? Bubba, my back ground is traffic law enforcement and you are just plain wrong there. A fatal crash or one with serious injuries involves a very detailed investigation that spans days of investigation from photography to skid measurement, to looking at the headlights, crush damage, brakes, steering, tires, lab work as needed and reference to detailed resources. The resulting report is more than just a few pages and this has been a reality well before 1970.

You do not have to call a person out by name to damage them and you know that. Once damaged like that, it takes a long time if ever for the damage to be undone.

Does it disqualify him? Well, if you are looking for a person who is hones, et cetera.

Now, please do not think that I am ignoring the other side of the world. Not at all. Just I admit that the other side of the world has a problem, you do not admit that your side of the world has a problem. And it does have a problem that is just as big, if not bigger.

It is difficult to accept your take on this as an honest attempt to analyze the situation when you don't even have a grasp on the basic facts.

Biden's 13 month old daughter was also killed Ben. His wife was not "the only one".

People deal with the tragic death of loved ones in different ways, but more often than not, they cannot accept the reality of the situation. When they died there weren't breathalyzers and very little investigation was done if drinking were suspected in many states. So even though the investigators concluded there was no drinking involved back then, it is possible that Biden never accepted that. Perhaps its easier for him to continue to demonize the driver of the other vehicle, even though he supposedly did write them a letter and offered forgiveness.

Does he call them out by name? Either way - if it is a sinister as you think and Biden is using the accident for political gain, I would agree that is a horrible thing. Does it disqualify him for being VP? Well it certainly goes in my "negative column" - but I'm guessing on the whole, the story is a speed bump in the big picture simply because I don't have all of the facts....AND NEITHER DO YOU.
    We would love to read your statement that Obama lies, Biden lies, Barney Frank lies...and you know that those of us who are of a more conservative nature know that our leaders do lie.

And Palin winks when she lies - which of course makes her look like she has a nervous tick since she lies so much.
  15.    #55  
    You just said that breathalyzers were not used back in 1972? Wrong on that you are.
    They were not widely used and that is a fact.

And I apologize for not including the daughter. You speak of little investigation of crashes? Bubba, my back ground is traffic law enforcement and you are just plain wrong there. A fatal crash or one with serious injuries involves a very detailed investigation that spans days of investigation from photography to skid measurement, to looking at the headlights, crush damage, brakes, steering, tires, lab work as needed and reference to detailed resources. The resulting report is more than just a few pages and this has been a reality well before 1970.
    I'm not questioning the accident investigation necessarily so I don't even know where you're going with this. They probably did not have breathalyzers and they may not have tested the driver for drinking - I haven't read the report so I don't know - but again, I doubt you do either.

Moreover, I've personally been involved in an accident whereby the driver of the car I was in was drunk and the cops never even questioned him about his drinking. Fortunately, other than a badly banged up car, nobody was hurt (accept for a nice scar along my eye brow that I wear today). But nobody was prosecuted either - and the guy driving the car I was in was lit because I was with him in the Texas bars drinking with him..

You do not have to call a person out by name to damage them and you know that. Once damaged like that, it takes a long time if ever for the damage to be undone.

Does it disqualify him? Well, if you are looking for a person who is hones, et cetera.
    Well if Biden did it for political gain I think I made it clear that it goes in my "negatives" column.

Now, please do not think that I am ignoring the other side of the world. Not at all. Just I admit that the other side of the world has a problem, you do not admit that your side of the world has a problem. And it does have a problem that is just as big, if not bigger.
    You sound like a broken record with this "look at your side too". Did you just skip right over my statement that I'd consider it be a bad thing if Biden did politicize his wife's and daughter's death? Or were you too busy wiping the foam off your mouth to read it?

The bottom line is - IF Biden did this to be opportunistic, I would agree it is selfish of him and too bad for the driver of the accident. BUT Biden also paid a very big price to use such rhetoric and I doubt that price has ever been met by the driver of the car that killed his wife and daughter.

The whole thing is just silly bullcrap to divert attention away from McSame and his utter lack of plans to change anything Bush has done the last 8 years. The next 30 days will be the nastiest election on record and I'm sure you and your neo-con friend up here will be helping the right-wing cause by propagating as many lies as you can to try and reverse the momentum Obama has now.
  16.    #56  
    We would love to read your statement that Obama lies, Biden lies, Barney Frank lies...and you know that those of us who are of a more conservative nature know that our leaders do lie.
    Ben, you're not a conservative. You're a neo-con. Tell the truth.

Does Obama, Biden, or Franks "lie" - probably. They are politicians.

This is why I'm big on the "lesser of evils" approach. And to me, there is no doubt who lies more and who lies about more about character than the other. The GOP is out-lying the Dems by a factor of 3-1 to date and its about to get worse. The Dems lie too, but it tends to be more half-truths about policy matters or votes. The GOP, and especially McSame/Palin, lie about character and have stooped lower than Rove did when McSame got slimmed in South Carolina by Bush.

Now I've said all of the above before yet you continue to make this stupid charge that I "refuse to look" at my side of the isle. The only ones that are too narrow minded to ackowledge their party's limitations are you and your neo-con pals.

Personal responsibility my a$$.
    As a conservative, not a neo-con, I do acknowledge that all three lie. They are politicians. And thank you very much for acknowledging that Barry Obama and Joe "The Drunk Killed My Wife" Biden lies - by the way, did Joe Biden apologize for the 2 lies to the truck driver's family?
    Last edited by bclinger; 10/06/2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Spelling error!
  18.    #58  
    As a conservative, not a neo-con, I do acknowledge that all three lie. They are politicians. And thank you very much for acknowledging that Barry Obama and Joe "The Drunk Killed My Wife" Biden lies - by the way, did Joe Biden apologize for the 2 lies to the truck driver's family?
    You're spinning again Ben. I said IF. It's called a conditional. As in IF, THEN, ELSE. I know its tough for you since you're clearly not a lateral or logical thinker, but at least make an effort.

And you're not a conservative. Being a conservative also means fiscal conservatism. You've voted for a party that is the antithesis of fiscal conservatism so you no longer get to be a conservative. That leaves us with social conservatism and foreign policy - and by any measure you are a neo-conservative in both respects. Thus, you a neo-con.

Now just like the word "liberal" has been redefined as a bad thing by the neo-cons, so too should the word neo-con. Neo-con's are hypocrites both fiscally and morally. Neo-cons put party before country every time. Neo-cons lie without remorse. Neo-cons espouse the virtues of personal responsibility yet never take responsibility for anything - instead they invent lies about their opponents to deflect attention and blame away from themselves. Neo-cons are un-American because they'll do ANYTHING they can to undermine the democratic processes and the right to vote. Neo-cons don't play fair, they play dirty - it's really all they know how to do.
    We are back to this - you are again avoiding the issue at hand. Does Joe Biden and the 2 lies he gave need to be addressed and should he apologize to the family for the 2 lies he said?

You hit McCain up when he lies but you ignore Barry and Joe when they lie. You have a very, very, very pronounced double standard.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast