Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    Another possible solution to at least attempt to slow the rate of foreclosures is to fix everyone's interest rate at the number they originally signed their adjustable arm with - 5 or 6 % rather than the 8 % or higher which they pay when it adjusts.

The banks won't make the returns they expected but its a much better alternative than watching foreclosures they know with certainty will take place when interest rates are hiked higher.
    Too many hands in the jar... this might work if you were talking one bank per customer.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

You give me great pleasure... I love your posts... listening to you rant and rave. It is amusing.

Sounds like someone does not belong in "off topic." Can't handle a bit of heat when someone calls BS on your post? Oh, well... lol
    Pfft.. Fact is, you're just a troll, dude, plain and simple.
    The only BS here is you with your instigating comments. You take great pleasure in insulting people? What sort of individual are you then? YOU are the one who doesn't belong in OT,since you can't carry on a civil discussion.

Get lost troll.
    Pfft.. Fact is, you're just a troll, dude, plain and simple.
    The only BS here is you with your instigating comments. You take great pleasure in insulting people? What sort of individual are you then? YOU are the one who doesn't belong in OT,since you can't carry on a civil discussion.

Get lost troll.
    ROFL....

The only person cursing and carrying on is you... lol... I'm laughing and having a good time.

The discussion about the financial crisis so far is fairly simple... but as I've stated, this is a complicated issue. Even in the first post on page two, I had to clarify one reason (there are others) why your solution would not work. You are looking at the issue simplistically.

Sorry if you "feel" offended. You should "feel" relieved that I'd take time to communicate with you. (Again, my warped sense of humor.)
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    NO BAILOUT!

This is just ANOTHER attempt to prop up a consumption ONLY driven economy. To hell with the banks. They made the loans to people who had no excuse getting them.

I know a guy who racked up $50,000 on a credit card (making an independent movie). He ignored the credit card company for half a year then eventually called them and said, "Look at my work history. I can't pay this." (A lot of 'off the books work')

Do you know what they offered him? A $10,000 settlement! 10 of 50 with NO credit rating damage. That's ABSURD! I will not pay my tax dollars for jack a$$ business practices!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    NO BAILOUT!

This is just ANOTHER attempt to prop up a consumption ONLY driven economy. To hell with the banks. They made the loans to people who had no excuse getting them.

I know a guy who racked up $50,000 on a credit card (making an independent movie). He ignored the credit card company for half a year then eventually called them and said, "Look at my work history. I can't pay this." (A lot of 'off the books work')

Do you know what they offered him? A $10,000 settlement! 10 of 50 with NO credit rating damage. That's ABSURD! I will not pay my tax dollars for jack a$$ business practices!
    I'm with you on this one. I actually find myself eager to hear what the supposed fiscal conservatives come up with (you know the ones that spent and spent and spent away our surpluses to record deficits and debt) because right now I'm not pleased with what I am hearing from my pals Nancy, Harry, and George.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    The whole idea of the buy out is absurd. I feel the same way- let them fail. It will teach both sides a lesson IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    The whole idea of the buy out is absurd. I feel the same way- let them fail. It will teach both sides a lesson IMO.
    indeed it would. At least some of them.

And alot of us.

Almost nothing in my memory has united left and right more their opposition to this plan, this concept: its breath, its presumptuousness, its breathtakingly gargantuan size, its sheer hubrisness.

I was tempted to ask if anyone wanted to make a guess as what BARYE thought about this whole idea in general -- but my concerns for the physical dangers potentially befalling my friend Dat as he rushed headlong for his keyboard -- makes me hold back from asking that question.

I wish we hadn't had these last 8 years.

I wish we hadn't a regime that dissipated a massive surplus budget on tax giveaways to the very people responsible for much of the failed financial plumbing underneath this crisis.

A regime that spent the nation into debt with a war of arrogance, after an anticipatable terror attack.

I wish the Turd in Chief was impeached, convicted, and imprisoned -- for this and a multitude of other extraordinary crimes that he is responsible for.

I have understood for the last year especially, that behind the facade of stability and competency that this administration and its Keystone Kops (Bernake, Paulson, Cox, and junior himself) projected -- was a system structurally rotten into collapse by their very ideology and policies.

But I am also paralyzed in impotence as well -- because I know just enough to understand that behind the curtain, behind the visceral pleasure of watching the comeuppance and destruction that will justifiably befall many of those responsible -- is the inevitability that most of those most hurt will have had nothing to do with what has happened -- nor had they profited from it.

The impulsive scatological answer is one I hope we've learned with horrible pain, is what comes from an ignoramus like junior. Answers that might feel momentarily good, often have consequences and injuries that linger long afterward.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

And alot of us.

Almost nothing in my memory has united left and right more their opposition to this plan, this concept: its breath, its presumptuousness, its breathtakingly gargantuan size, its sheer hubrisness.

I was tempted to ask if anyone wanted to make a guess as what BARYE thought about this whole idea in general -- but my concerns for the physical dangers potentially befalling my friend Dat as he rushed headlong for his keyboard -- makes me hold back from asking that question.

I wish we hadn't had these last 8 years.

I wish we hadn't a regime that dissipated a massive surplus budget on tax giveaways to the very people responsible for much of the failed financial plumbing underneath this crisis.

A regime that spent the nation into debt with a war of arrogance, after an anticipatable terror attack.

I wish the Turd in Chief was impeached, convicted, and imprisoned -- for this and a multitude of other extraordinary crimes that he is responsible for.

I have understood for the last year especially, that behind the facade of stability and competency that this administration and its Keystone Kops (Bernake, Paulson, Cox, and junior himself) projected -- was a system structurally rotten into collapse by their very ideology and policies.

But I am also paralyzed in impotence as well -- because I know just enough to understand that behind the curtain, behind the visceral pleasure of watching the comeuppance and destruction that will justifiably befall many of those responsible -- is the inevitability that most of those most hurt will have had nothing to do with what has happened -- nor had they profited from it.

The impulsive scatological answer is one I hope we've learned with horrible pain, is what comes from an ignoramus like junior. Answers that might feel momentarily good, often have consequences and injuries that linger long afterward.
    Does this mean you won't be having junior over for a beer and a backyard BBQ?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    ROFL....

The only person cursing and carrying on is you... lol... I'm laughing and having a good time.

The discussion about the financial crisis so far is fairly simple... but as I've stated, this is a complicated issue. Even in the first post on page two, I had to clarify one reason (there are others) why your solution would not work. You are looking at the issue simplistically.

Sorry if you "feel" offended. You should "feel" relieved that I'd take time to communicate with you. (Again, my warped sense of humor.)
    Incredible nonsense. I'm laughing at you here because you continually demonstrate your troll tendencies with every post. You're rude and insulting throughout the thread, and taking pleasure in being so. That's a troll, and laughing at how rude you can be to someone else is just plain immaturity. Talk about simplistic. You should "feel" relieved I am even responding to you anymore.
  10.    #30  
    NO BAILOUT!

I agree 100 %. Echoing your sentiments, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay increased taxes to cover the thievery that went on within these banks.

Going through with a bailout of such companies would be a slap to all others who ran their businesses prudently and were overlooked during bad times.

These were the practices of a veritable mob, not banks. Its just amazing.
  11.    #31  
    I also think we should pass on the bailout plan. If you or I were to run our businesses into the ground through careless investments and these very banks were financing our ventures, you think they'd bail US out? Hell no. They deserve to fail in every respect.

Problem is, the consequence of no action may very well be a crisis comparable to a great depression -( hopefully not the greatest depression ), with global repercussions.
    Last edited by logmein; 09/27/2008 at 06:42 PM.
    I agree 100 %. Echoing your sentiments, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay increased taxes to cover the thievery that went on within these banks.

Going through with a bailout of such companies would be a slap to all others who ran their businesses prudently and were overlooked during bad times.

These were the practices of a veritable mob, not banks. Its just amazing.
    I haven't had time, nor have I heard enough details, but what are the House Repubs trying to pass? It sounded like something more reasonable...but again, I don't know all of the details. Does anyone else?
    NO BAILOUT!

This is just ANOTHER attempt to prop up a consumption ONLY driven economy.
    Not a truer statement was said in this thread...

I agree with you 100%.

Unfortunately, I think many dems AND reps (or you could write: reps and dems) see a way to provide favors and put in some lango that will help them in a future election. Both sides want to pass a bill... 700 billion... heck you can crap a bunch of stuff in there without anyone ever knowing.

The other issue is that some who have operated fairly may be impacted by this issue. So you have to ask yourself if you let the "bad" fall and allow them to take the "good" with them? Would be nice if only the "bad guys" fell... but in reality the "bad guys" are entwined with some "good guys."

Who in the heck came up with 700 billion anyway? That is what people should be asking as well.... why not go ahead and make it 1 trillion?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

And alot of us...

......I have understood for the last year especially, that behind the facade of stability and competency that this administration and its Keystone Kops (Bernake, Paulson, Cox, and junior himself) projected -- was a system structurally rotten into collapse by their very ideology and policies.

I will agree that bush has been one collossal disappointment. We have spent $600 billion on a war whose past, present, and future success
    is controversial at best. We now are faced with a tax bill of $700 billion to rescue a banking industry which has been left to devolve into piracy leaving our country on the brink.

I think there are politicians from both parties though who have played roles in this financial crisis we now are dealt, but on the whole, I find it hard to disagree with the idea of wishing these last 8 years never happened.

Going forward, we desperately need some severe regulation and oversight in just about every aspect of the financial industry now.
    Besides putting half the CO's in jail, I agree with this plan I got emailed to me. To bad it was a joke.

This simply illustrates how crazy our solutions (AIG bailout) can be.......gotta problem...throw more money at it!

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in
    a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000
    bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman
    and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a
    We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
    So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.
    That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.
    A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
    Pay off your mortgage housing crisis solved.
    Repay college loans what a great boost to new grads
    Put away money for college it'll be there
    Save in a bank create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
    Buy a new car create jobs
    Invest in the market capital drives growth
    Pay for your parent' s medical insurance health care improves
    Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks
    who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company
    that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out
    a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG liquidate it.
    Sell off its parts.
    Let American General go back to being American General.
    Sell off the real estate.
    Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion
    We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The Birk pla n only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned
    instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.
    Kindest personal regards,
    Birk
    T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic
    PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh
    or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I got a version of that email also. Failmath. Great concept though and could be tweaked to make a difference.
    I think someone mistakenly used the British 'billion' or really sucks at math. $85,000,000,000 divided by 200,000,000 would give each person $425, not $425,000.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    no new Bentley for BARYE -- damn...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    When Buffett speaks, I listen http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...eal/index.html

Sounds like we need to do something after all. I'm not going to second guess this guy.
    You would second guess this guy? Why not, you second guess everyone else. Go ahead, we are listening.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast