Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Liddy - did he kill anyone? Terrorist? Really? No, he did not kill anyone. Terrorist? Not at all, politics. You really are not hitting the nail at all. There is NO comparison between Liddy and Bill the now professor who states he did not do enough.
    Here is a wikipedia summary of Liddy's plans while at CRP:

At CRP, Liddy concocted several plots, some far-fetched, intended to embarrass the Democratic opposition. These included firebombing the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. (where classified documents leaked by Daniel Ellsberg were being stored), kidnapping anti-war protest organizers and transporting them to Mexico during the Republican National Convention (which at the time was planned for San Diego), and luring mid-level Democratic campaign officials to a house boat in Baltimore where they would be secretly photographed in compromising positions with call girls. Most of Liddy's ideas were rejected, but a few were given the go ahead by Nixon Administration officials, including the break-in at Daniel Ellsberg's psychiatrist's office. Ellsberg had leaked the Pentagon Papers to the New York Times. At some point, Liddy was instructed to break into the Democratic National Committee offices in the Watergate Hotel.
    As you like to say Ben...what a guy.
    Really? Read closer. I see you changed the post. What would you call Hillary's role in Billy's administration? You are doing a lousy job here.

Your original post was:
    Ummm....McCain's running mate was a member of a secessionist party?
    Jeez Ben...there's gotchya politics and now there is gotchya thread-posting. You're obviously an ardent supporter of both.

The guy edited the post as soon as he hit the submit button. But, wow! You really showed him.

Grow up and discuss the issues. Like substantiating your boring grasp at Obama's "terrorist" links. Feel free to toss a dose of rationality into your rants.
    Really? Read closer. I see you changed the post. What would you call Hillary's role in Billy's administration? You are doing a lousy job here.

Your original post was:
    Ummm....McCain's running mate was a member of a secessionist party?
    Yes, you caught me....I didn't like my wording and changed it from "a secessionist party" to "a party that advocated secession from the union" less than a minute later. Guilty as charged. Unlike our esteemed president, I believe in clarity of communication.

I'm no Hillary supporter. I can't stand her, actually. I know that you categorize everybody who disagrees with you as a liberal, but I'll repeat again: I'm an Independent who voted Republican in every presidential election until Bush 2004.

However, even if Hillary had an undue influence in Bill's administration, she never was a member of a party that advocated secession. Do you deny that Todd Palin was?

So are you stating that Obama did anything inappropriate in his "association" with terrorists? Are you saying he's a terrorist, or simply served on a committee with one? On a related note, are you one of those perpetually uninformed people who still thinks he's a Muslim? I would love to see you, for once, to post documentation to support any of your rather....unusual..... accusations, that doesn't quote Fox or another conservative blog.
    Last edited by Bujin; 09/25/2008 at 06:10 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Google it - http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08...ip-with-ayers/

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/08/27...oblem-deepens/

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/barone/2...iam-ayers.html

Really now, quit your whining and look for the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Jeez Ben...there's gotchya politics and now there is gotchya thread-posting. You're obviously an ardent supporter of both.

The guy edited the post as soon as he hit the submit button. But, wow! You really showed him.

Grow up and discuss the issues. Like substantiating your boring grasp at Obama's "terrorist" links. Feel free to toss a dose of rationality into your rants.
    Wow. You're right. He is a terrorist and a Muslim.

And using your twisted logic, McSame is a white collar criminal and condones all that Liddy stands for and the crimes he has committed.

Seriously Ben...nobody likes a broken record...especially a bad one. Now excuse me while I go take a nap...you bore me.
    Muslim? I frankly could care less what his ethic back ground may or may not be. Just his politics. Speak of broken records, you are right there, my friend. Bunches of people are equally sick of the stuff you mumble about.
    Muslim? I frankly could care less what his ethic back ground may or may not be. Just his politics. Speak of broken records, you are right there, my friend. Bunches of people are equally sick of the stuff you mumble about.

Now I'm getting verclemped...
    Laughing. Sleep well.
    Well, I'm not surprised that, after asking for him to post some facts not from Fox news or conservative blogs, he does just that.

News flash, Ben: blogs don't constitute facts, even if they're by Republicans; after all, didn't you criticize an actual news report by saying it was "an editorial" rather than news? Yet you post editorials and claim that they are facts.
    Last edited by Bujin; 09/26/2008 at 07:02 AM.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  11.    #151  
    The debate tonight is UBER important

Of the 4 debates, tonight's, and the last one, are the most critical.

The "will I show up or not", "come to DC and help me Obama" -- strategy has hurt McCain.

But he may well have advantage in causing Obama to lose the 3 days of intensive debate prep that was planned

This potentially is a very bad thing (and perhaps more than offsets the big hits McCain has taken this week
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    According to CNN, a senior political advisor to McCain "agreed that McCain seemed to be hindering the negotiating process rather than helping it."

Article can be found: HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    According to CNN, a senior political advisor to McCain "agreed that McCain seemed to be hindering the negotiating process rather than helping it."

Article can be found: HERE
    I liked the last bit....

McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, will watch the debate from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where she is preparing for her debate with Biden on October 2 with a cadre of domestic and foreign policy advisers.
    Sorry Palin, they won't help....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    The debate tonight is UBER important

Of the 4 debates, tonight's, and the last one, are the most critical.

The "will I show up or not", "come to DC and help me Obama" -- strategy has hurt McCain.

But he may well have advantage in causing Obama to lose the 3 days of intensive debate prep that was planned

This potentially is a very bad thing (and perhaps more than offsets the big hits McCain has taken this week
    I've now watched the first 3/4 of tonights debate played back from the DVR (BARYE's cave does not get live broadcasts --- and I've been watching with my attention divided between playing XBOX Live) but so far I'm very very pleased.

I'd give Obama a strong B+ -- and McCain perhaps no better than a C. (well possibly a C+, in honor of his POW experiences).

McCain is making me think more and more of Humphrey Bogart, in the movie "The Caine Mutiny". (Bogart in testifying with relish about finding the missing tins of berries...as he repeatedly juggles within his hand those creepy brass balls...)

Obama is cast as the calm defense attorney who systematically debones Bogart.

I'm getting slightly less crazed with fear about November...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I thought it was even... maybe a bit boring.

McCain took over the russian section.

McCain also did his job by repeating negative notes on obama.

But obama did handle mccain much better than romney.

Obama was also a bit more clear on explaining issues.

Both were weak on the economy... they both went into the toilet on that issue.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

McCain took over the russian section.

McCain also did his job by repeating negative notes on obama.

But obama did handle mccain much better than romney.

Obama was also a bit more clear on explaining issues.

Both were weak on the economy... they both went into the toilet on that issue.
    Obama was reasonably tough. He didn't let John get away with too many lies and distortions - albeit McSame was spewing them so fast it was hard to keep up.

Obama missed some big opportunities - especially on the economy. McSame did a good job of getting Obama pinned down and Obama did little to fight his way out of that.

I thought Lerhrer was horrible as a moderator. Even his big push for answers about the bailout was ridiculous. Basically he wanted both cadididates to predict the impact of whatever bailout gets approved on their agendas. I thought Obama answered as clearly as possibly - we'll have to see what we have to work with and yes, elements of our agenda may have to change. McSame didn't budge of course, but again, I don't blame him since the question was so open ended it was silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    This.

I thought Obama did better than he did in the Saddleback thing, but neither came up as a clear winner. I think this guy summed it up fairly well.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    This.

I thought Obama did better than he did in the Saddleback thing, but neither came up as a clear winner. I think this guy summed it up fairly well.
    I agree - neither had any knockout blows. But in a debate that should have been all McCain's, I would be very worried if I were him since this was the one he had to have.

Also interesting to note, I like checking out factcheck.org after the debates to see who was the bigger spinster - I think this sums it up pretty well:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...bate_no_1.html

I suppose we won't know the real outcome until new polls come in later in the week. I recall Bush losing every debate he was ever in, yet, days later he'd somehow come out on top.
    The press has for this entire political process presented itself many times as presenting fact when in actuality it was opinion - look at NBC's decision to move 2 of its journalists in a recent action. Blogs often present news that the main stream press ignores - that cannot be denied. Look at what the blogs have done in other recent events. What I presented had facts behind them. Blogs are now doing the work that traditional journalism did. The blogs are necessary to balance what we do not hear in the main stream press.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, I'm not surprised that, after asking for him to post some facts not from Fox news or conservative blogs, he does just that.

News flash, Ben: blogs don't constitute facts, even if they're by Republicans; after all, didn't you criticize an actual news report by saying it was "an editorial" rather than news? Yet you post editorials and claim that they are facts.
    The press has for this entire political process presented itself many times as presenting fact when in actuality it was opinion - look at NBC's decision to move 2 of its journalists in a recent action. Blogs often present news that the main stream press ignores - that cannot be denied. Look at what the blogs have done in other recent events. What I presented had facts behind them. Blogs are now doing the work that traditional journalism did. The blogs are necessary to balance what we do not hear in the main stream press.
    What does that have to do with you presenting unsubstantiated and/or biased right-wing editorials as your sources?

Next you'll be blaming Clinton for your woeful inability to back up your rhetoric and right-wing talking points.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast