Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Not to worry, Obamatians. The Obama/Clinton ticket will turn things around.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Not to worry, Obamatians. The Obama/Clinton ticket will turn things around.
    indeed Shop -- indeed...

gosh you won't believe this dream I was having -- that she's not on the ticket -- that its Biden -- Hillarious, no ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    a riot
    Obama needs to be up front with his past instead of side stepping it. At that point though it may not get him where he wants to go now, it will not hinder him in the future.
    Um, Obama has answered all of those questions about his past. Some people aren't listening.
    We have been listening and he has not answered the questions - he side steps them. The only time he has come close to answering tough questions was when he was interviewed by Bill O'Rielly.

Just a few questions not answered: how could he not be aware of the Reverend and then when forced, he became aware of it, but never provided dates or circumstances. He has never fully explained his relationship with some past and present associates, though pressed he acknowledges them. Never in depth, always working around the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    We have been listening and he has not answered the questions - he side steps them. The only time he has come close to answering tough questions was when he was interviewed by Bill O'Rielly.

Just a few questions not answered: how could he not be aware of the Reverend and then when forced, he became aware of it, but never provided dates or circumstances. He has never fully explained his relationship with some past and present associates, though pressed he acknowledges them. Never in depth, always working around the issue.
    Your obvious bias against Obama completely clouds your perception. He has discussed the Ayers, Wright, etc. manufactured political distractions ad nauseum. You only took your blinders off when Obama appeared on Papa Bear's show. That was not the rarity you make it out to be. Obama speaks like that whenever given the chance (especially when he's not ad libing).

The free pass you give to McCain/Palin is amusing.

What a guy, huh?
    Bias against Obama? PDXTreo, I am more open and less bias than you are on your beliefs. The free pass goes with both. I have yet seen you criticize Obama, I have with McCain.
    Bias against Obama? PDXTreo, I am more open and less bias than you are on your beliefs. The free pass goes with both. I have yet seen you criticize Obama, I have with McCain.
    I'm somewhat amused by the fact that the only time I've seen you back up your assertions with any documentation or links, you use Michelle Malkin founder / CEO of Hot Air, a "conservative Internet broadcast network", and creator of "Conservative YouTubers" . She works for Fox News and guest hosts O'Reilly's show.

Every once in awhile, it's good to look outside of Fox for information:

Bronwyn Lance Chester, an editorial writer at The Virginian-Pilot, stated in November 2004 when the newspaper dropped Malkin's column that Malkin "habitually mistakes shrill for thought-provoking and substitutes screaming for discussion. She's an Asian Ann Coulter. [...] She’s the worst of what's wrong with punditry today. She adds absolutely nothing to genuine political discourse." Malkin responded "I'm not Asian, I'm American, for goodness' sake. I would take the comparison to Ann Coulter as somewhat of a compliment. I have a lot of respect for Ann Coulter."

Heck, even Karl Rove thinks McCain's stretching of the truth has gone too far:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...rap/index.html
    Last edited by Bujin; 09/14/2008 at 03:40 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Backing up with links, et cetera - anyone reading can do a Google search and come up with the information. Not a secret. I often Google what I read here and frankly, you can do the same thing - it might just show you more than what you were wanting to find.
    Googling in no way tells you whether a website is reliable. And since you make somewhat outlandish claims, about issues that have frequently already been refuted, I've seen little evidence that you've actually searched any farther than the O'Reilly Factor or Michelle Malkin.

When presented with information, backed up with documentation, you seem amazingly resistant to considering other perspectives, so your post seems pretty ironic.
    Last edited by Bujin; 09/15/2008 at 05:29 AM.
    No it does not, but read what is there and look further. Outlandish claims and further refuted? Outlandish that he went looking to the political machine in Chicago for support? Really, now.
    No it does not, but read what is there and look further. Outlandish claims and further refuted? Outlandish that he went looking to the political machine in Chicago for support? Really, now.
    Can you produce anything that shows that his actions with the "Chicago political machine" were inappropriate? If I decide to run for town council in my town, I would imagine that I would need to start by talking to the members of the political party. Can you point to anything more sinister than that? I'm truly curious, as I've never seen anything other than individual postings in editorials, that can point to specifics. If you have documentation of an actual news story about inappropriateness, I would love to see it.

You seem to frequently state that others are biased, and "never criticize Obama". I'm curious as to whether you have a reaction to the various lies that McCain/Palin been promoting in his ads, such as:

- Palin's statements that she said "No, thanks" to the Bridge, when she clearly supported it.

- The claim that Obama was referring to Palin with the "lipstick" line, when his quote clearly indicates that this isn't true.

- McCain's statements that Obama wants to teach sex ed to kinders, when the bill clearly supported anti-predator education.

- That McCain repeatedly states that Obama will raise taxes, when it's clear that between 80-90% of people will have tax cuts.

- The fact that Karl Rove is even stating that McCain is stretching the truth.

If you are not biased, as you claim, then you'd have to admit that McCain is lying. My challenge to you is to admit these lies, without resorting to bashing the other side. Then perhaps you will build credibility that you are not just repeating the Republican agenda.
    Last edited by Bujin; 09/15/2008 at 11:08 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Here is what most intrigued me in the article:

Meanwhile, the Obama campaign announced Sunday that it had raised $66 million in August. ...On September 1, McCain's campaign reported raising $47 million in August.
    I begin to think of what $113 Million could do for the less fortunate among us
  15.    #35  
    Here is what most intrigued me in the article:

I begin to think of what $113 Million could do for the less fortunate among us
    Shop -- I know your observation was meant to be wry (and I'm unable to look at your link now) -- but one of the Obama's fallacies was his assumption that he could bury McCain with his fundraising prowness.

He rejected public financing based on that.

The GOP's party money is more than offsetting that advantage --

Obama additionally has had to waste energy and time pleading for money (often times from Hillary's friends) -- plus its hard to budget for a 6 week campaign when you don't know how much you will have.

Obama has also wasted what advantage he had had by putting millions into ineffective ads into red states -- all part of their delusional expectation that they would win in places like Montanta, S Dakota, etc.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Talk about money, in the world of Fannie and Mac, wasn't the Senator that received the most money in campaign donations someone by the name of Chris Dodd, the 2nd person John Kerry and the 3rd person Barack Obama? http://beltwayblips.com/story/fannie...crats_capital/ - talk about change.
    bclinger,

Anyone who looks at the site you posted can see that it's a partisan activist site. You would have more credibility if you didn't post partisan blogs as "proof". Do you have any documentation of any inappropriate activity?

I'm also curious as to why you've chosen to ignore the questions I asked a couple of posts above. I'm assuming that you're just conceding the fact that McCain is lying?

You keep throwing out accusations, yet don't respond to facts when presented against your chosen candidate. To me, that indicates that you have no interest in actually discussing topics.
    Last edited by Bujin; 09/16/2008 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Shop -- I know your observation was meant to be wry (and I'm unable to look at your link now) -- but one of the Obama's fallacies was his assumption that he could bury McCain with his fundraising prowness.

He rejected public financing based on that.

The GOP's party money is more than offsetting that advantage --

Obama additionally has had to waste energy and time pleading for money (often times from Hillary's friends) -- plus its hard to budget for a 6 week campaign when you don't know how much you will have.

Obama has also wasted what advantage he had had by putting millions into ineffective ads into red states -- all part of their delusional expectation that they would win in places like Montanta, S Dakota, etc.
    I would add that not only is the placement misguided (i.e. red states), but also the content is misguided. So much of what I've seen lately is trying to paint McCain, rather than present Obama. I suppose the message of "no more of the same" is resonating with some. But, I was under the impression that what drew people to him was moreso the vision of the future, rather than the view of the present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    bclinger,

Anyone who looks at the site you posted c an see that it's a partisan activist site.....
    The original source is OpenSecrets.org, a self-described "nonpartisan guide to money’s influence on U.S. elections and public policy."
    The original source is OpenSecrets.org, a self-described "nonpartisan guide to money’s influence on U.S. elections and public policy."
    Interesting site.

Staying on the securities & investment sector for the moment, you can see that the Repub Party has received $15,621,417 from that sector. The RNC has received $10,002,719 for a combined $25,624,136. The Dem Party has received $20,343,757 and the DNC has received $3,746,015 for a total of $24,089,772.

Truth be told - both parties are soaked with donations from Wallstreet. Of course, we all know there are some on this board that aren't interested in the truth now are they?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast