Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    What? A candidate has a connection with people who believe in separation of church & state? That's.....that's...... a good thing, actually.

Liddy Dole is yet another Republican that I've lost all respect for.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Theog, you know now that had McCain made the claims that Obama has made that YOU would be on them in a heart beat. However, we know that you do look over these facts and ignore them in a constant and consistent manner.

Take care!
    You're accusing others of having a double standard, so I'll ask you this: you just blasted Obama for a connection to Khalidi, regarding the video that the LA Times has. It turns out that Khalidi received $800,000 from an organization that McCain chairs. Will you denounce McCain's link to anti-Israeli figures, or is that criticism only for Obama?

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    yeah, shameful to also hate your country, blast its military, those people fighting to preserve the rights of the people, shame, shame, shame.
    Like McCain has? Interesting that this makes McCain "shameful."

McCain blasted the military and the Joint Chiefs during the war, when he has had zero experience himself in war planning. Hi is shameful and disloyal.

I want a list of anyone who has been in a room with McCain. They need to explain themsevles
    Sure, why would I not? Now the question, has McCain distanced himself from this person? Give him a chance to explain - betcha he will. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_138606.html.

Just remember the source though, you complain about right wing blogs, this one you need to also complain about, as its record of honesty is not a bright star in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    You're accusing others of having a double standard, so I'll ask you this: you just blasted Obama for a connection to Khalidi, regarding the video that the LA Times has. It turns out that Khalidi received $800,000 from an organization that McCain chairs. Will you denounce McCain's link to anti-Israeli figures, or is that criticism only for Obama?
    Sure, why would I not? Now the question, has McCain distanced himself from this person? Give him a chance to explain - betcha he will. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_138606.html.

Just remember the source though, you complain about right wing blogs, this one you need to also complain about, as its record of honesty is not a bright star in the world.
    It's been listed in the major news organizations....here's an article by ABC:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...alidi-gam.html

Or you can just look at FoxNews' coverage. It's referenced there. Unless Fox has a liberal bias.

It's good to know that you're denouncing McCain's terrorist ties, though.
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/29/2008 at 09:46 PM.

I have no problem with denouncing anything related to terrorists. If McCain has ties that can be substantiated, then sure he needs to take corrective action without a lot of babbling. The same with Obama, but Obama, who eventually MIGHT cut his ties, has by history taken lots and lots of time ignoring the situation, then attempts to pass over it and finally does what he should have done 20 years before.

Now, take the time to see if the same type of approach is taken with Obama and his nightmares. Let me clue you in - it does not come close.
    Going a bit further, will Obama take the time to talk openly about this relationship? The question was asked and needs to be answered, as McCain must answer the question. Be fair.
    The site has been updated with the following:

* This post has been updated after the IRI said a grant made to the CPRS in 1999 was later "de-obligated." A spokeswoman for the IRI says the organization is going over its books to get further clarification of the funds it gave the organization. The 1998 payment of $448,873 is NOT in dispute. When IRI gets back to us, we will share the information with you.

So it looks like the association has all ready been addressed by McCain; has this happened with Obama yet? My reading does not indicate it has.
    Going a bit further, .
    Instead of making 200 posts, you can simply edit one post...

Seems these days you are making three or four posts in a row for effect or something...

The mods allow you to edit your posts for days at a time for a reason... whatever that reason, the bottom line is it happens that you don't have to keep adding posts. All of your posts say the same crap, so one will do.. if you know what "edit" happens to be and where you can find it... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    We are more than aware of the ability to edit posts and we appreciate the extreme quality of your posts and words of wisdom - really impresses people. As a note, yours are almost always the same line, but I shall not term your posts as crap, though the description fits. Thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I suppose one can say there is no single thing that everyone agrees is the Monroe Doctrine, Truman Doctrine...
    Really? I've never heard of people disagreeing on what these are.

Most people in the foreign policy, including Bush's senior people, center on preemption for the Bush Doctrine, just as with the Truman Doctrine experts use "containment."
    Really?

This article from Real Clear Politics in 2005 mentions the pre-emption aspect, but goes on to explain that the Bush Doctrine has developed into the freedom agenda.

This article from July of this year also focuses on spreading democracy.

This article from the Brookings Institution in 2006 seems to indicate that the Bush Doctrine, as viewed by Bush's advisors, encompasses several elements, only one of which is pre-emption.

This article from Telegraph on Rice's confirmation hearing talks about spreading democracy.
  12.    #312  
    just started watching the Obama infomercial (but i'm playing xbox live -- so it may take me a while to write about it)

I like the beginning -- but they should have killed the music soon after he started speaking -- too much artifice, too hollywoody to me
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  13.    #313  
    oh oh -- he makes the change to: "anyone under $200,000" --- he ought have kept it at the $250K figure ...

(music is out finally at least)
  14.    #314  
    mortgage stuff, and pension discussion is very good ...
  15.    #315  
    nice touch of the music coming from the family being featured -- talking about the cost of medicine, retirement etc.
  16.    #316  
    I was never a huge fan of the big Obama -- the Obama of the mega Stadium speech -- not sure its an effective thing to remind everyone of here ...
  17.    #317  
    hate the old "pol" testimonials...
  18.    #318  
    more former General testimonials please ...
  19.    #319  
    I liked the transition at the end to the live speech --

But in the end I give the infomercial a grade of B- / B.

Too slick -- I would have wrestled the producer to the ground who put so much music in ...
    I suppose I should preface this by saying that I realize I'm not the typical voter, so this sort of infomercial doesn't appeal to me. I think it's probably going to be fairly effective with the folks that like to hear a narrative and think that someone running for President has a chance of truly understanding their circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    oh oh -- he makes the change to: "anyone under $200,000"
    This is troubling to say the least. It causes one to wonder what led to the change in language. Is it just an innocent slip, or is the tax plan changing?
    --- he ought have kept it at the $250K figure ...
    But is the $250K figure still in play? That's the question that he raises. And that if the bar is moving down to $200K now, how far down is it going to move? Even at $200K, theoretically, I'd be in good shape, but will it be $150K or even $100K by the time January or April rolls around?

Another thing that I found a little disconcerting is that he made a point of saying that he planned on giving the details of how he would make things happen. I never heard those details. I heard some stories about people. I heard some endorsements by other pols. I heard that if we elect Obama, those troubles should be addressed. I'm still fuzzy on how. I'm a structure and systems guy.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...