Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm just curious, because Apple managed to cover the entire rainbow!! You could get several to match your wardrobe changes if you had the money, LOL!

I like the blue but the gold and orange look good too. Pink and red are cool too, but I really like the first three I mentioned more. I need to see them in person and get sound reviews before making a final decision though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I am not.
  3.    #3  
    I wouldn't have considered it either had the colors not been so cool and had they not returned to the 2nd gen. shape, LOL! I really couldn't warm up to the 3rd gen. Nanos, too weird looking for me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The device was interesting when it first hit the street, it just has not grown to something I have a desire to use. The youngest son was looking at one and decided against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The device was interesting when it first hit the street, it just has not grown to something I have a desire to use. The youngest son was looking at one and decided against it.
    This is out of topic so just wanted to say that i really like the McCain button you have as your avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm just curious, because Apple managed to cover the entire rainbow!! You could get several to match your wardrobe changes if you had the money, LOL!...

though I always love reading about Steve Jobs and Apple -- and I'm fascinated by the iPhone -- and lots of folks in my world use FCP and Macs, I've somehow always remained immuned.

He always does something to **** me off -- no copy and paste, no SD slot on the iPhone; no right mouse clicking (for years) on the Mac.

Steve Jobs, Jesus, Obama -- for some reason BARYE just doesn't connect with charismatic humans ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7.    #7  
    I'm with you on no copy and paste, BONEHEADED Apple move, no matter what anyone says!! No FM tuner on MP3 players after all this time, another boneheaded move IMO, especially since Zune decided to now go head to head with them on price. People who want storage and can look past iPod will jump on the Zune(same price now, bigger screen, radio, radio tagging, I think even internet radio will be available, etc.) IMO.

I saw the new Nanos in person. Dumping the yellow off my list, it looks mustard, yuck. The blue is a good shade of rich blue, pretty nice. Fuschia looks good in person too. I may still test one just to see if it's any good, but Zune is coming out with a blue flash player too.

Oh yes, blue is my favorite color in case no one noticed, LOL!

P.S. It's now between the blue and the fuschia in my case. So no one else here is getting one?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/14/2008 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm with you on no copy and paste, BONEHEADED Apple move, no matter what anyone says!! No FM tuner on MP3 players after all this time, another boneheaded move IMO,
    lest my multitude of critics say once again that I'm being churlish -- that BARYE is jealous of Steve Jobs, envious of his success, his fame, of how he is worshiped like a God -- I say nonsense.

BARYE is a big enough of a monkey to admit frankly that there's much he likes about the iPhone -- fingering its motion flow albums, contacts, and emails -- I love the screen, the natural way it flows between portrait and landscape, the way it handles and displays voicemails, the way it handles internet browsing -- the way it shows films...

But not having cut and paste ?? -- not having a way to easily bring my own DVDs and movies into it through SDs -- not having FM ?? -- not having a real keyboard ????

(Granted, I touch type with my toes, so this is a feature that's arguably more important to me than to some of you -- nevertheless -- I suspect that even some of you hunt and peck with your toe thumbs on real keyboards sometimes...)

I attended a conference this weekend -- I was invited to lecture on preserving capital when losing power; and the benefits and challenges of becoming a stateless refugee -- and there was an entire room set up with beautiful big screened Macs awaiting attendees use.

My first reaction I confess was mild alarm -- in a world where more than 90% of users use Windows -- what kind of snobbery would make the organizers put out a roomful of Macs ?? Nevertheless wanting to demonstrate my open mindedness, to show that I was not so old that I couldn't learn new tricks -- I gave it a shot. I played with it. I went and browsed.

I’ve been using computers -- Windows computers -- for nearly a month now, so I guess I could fairly be described as an expert. I’m regularly asked by colleagues and friends to explain how to both copy -- and paste.

One of the features of Windows that has enabled me to become so proficient so fast (in addition to the Windows being available in my local Corsican language -- though what’s with that pesky warning about this copy of Windows may not be legal ??) is the provision for me to right click whatever I’m doing -- and get a menu of options appropriate to the context.

Try as I might -- and I slammed that Mac mouse on the desk on its right side repeatedly -- hard -- no context menus appeared.

As I regularly show in this forum, I am not at all hesitant to share my knowledge and expertise with anyone who should ask.

So Steve -- should you be reading this -- despite our past differences, my hating Quicktime, my being befuddled by FCP -- shoot me a PM and I’d be happy to show you myself if necessary, how to both copy -- and paste.

BARYE
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/14/2008 at 12:48 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Right-click for context menus is an option easily turned on in System Preferences on the Mac. Its being off by default is probably just a hang over from the single button mouse days. Never tried any of the iPhone/iPod Touch things, though, so commenting on their copy/paste capabilities is above my pay grade.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I'll keep my n810 and cheap cell phone.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  11.    #11  
    Too many glitches in the first batch as reported on Apple's boards. No Nano for me just yet!

Why get a nano when you can use a cell phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by storm1n View Post
    Why get a nano when you can use a cell phone?
    sometimes dedicated devices are much better, depending on your lifestyle.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  14.    #14  
    Maybe if I get the Sony Ericsson W760i with an 8GB card, then I can ditch the MP3 players since that's a dedicated music phone. The N81 can be used for that too. But then I need to find GOOD earphones that let me answer the phone through the earphones because the last time I used the included Sony ones, people couldn't hear me and/or I couldn't hear them. Any suggestions?

I'm also a gadget geek so I like to test various devices.

A nano is useless to me. Until I can get something that would combine all the features of my 80GB iPod and my Treo with a >200GB hard drive, I'm probably not upgrading.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    A nano is useless to me. Until I can get something that would combine all the features of my 80GB iPod and my Treo with a >200GB hard drive, I'm probably not upgrading.
    A hacked iphone would come close, if not surpass, and you could easily ssh or vpn into your home computer to access more (what I'm doing with my n810). I'd consider going that route were service possible here. No gsm for me.

I think it's possible to buy an Apple product w/o drinking the kool-aid...
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 09/19/2008 at 10:54 PM.
    -Joshua
    Has anyone hacked an iPhone and put in a hard drive of any significant size? Also, I require Pocket Quicken.
  18.    #18  
    I have an 80GB but what flash players are good for are workouts, just doing errands, etc. Also when you want to go light, hard drive players still take up quite a bit of room even if they have a thin hard drive. No need to carry around your whole collection all the time. JMO.

Sigh...only Apple could get away with having the word "funnest" in their slogan.

As far as the Nano goes, I won't be getting one because I have no desire for a ridiculously overpriced device that seems to initiate it's buyers into some sort of cult for rich spoiled kids. However, I am glad they went back to the old shape...the square one just looked fat.

Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    A hacked iphone would come close, if not surpass, and you could easily ssh or vpn into your home computer to access more (what I'm doing with my n810). I'd consider going that route were service possible here. No gsm for me.

I think it's possible to buy an Apple product w/o drinking the kool-aid...
    iPhone's don't come with anywhere even remotely close to 80GB, much less more than 200GB.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Has anyone hacked an iPhone and put in a hard drive of any significant size? Also, I require Pocket Quicken.
    I doubt it...the interface has to be dissimilar enough between ssd and magnetic to make it unfeasible. Pocket Quicken dependence will keep you to PalmOS, Windows Mobile, or an emulator. I'm running the PalmOS emulator on my nokia, but am unable to say whether or not Pocket Quicken works.

The iPhone hack is a software hack, merely breaking out of the chroot (merely...as though I could do it :P ).
    -Joshua
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast