Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    iPhone's don't come with anywhere even remotely close to 80GB, much less more than 200GB.
    Hence the need for ssh or a vpn.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    [...] No need to carry around your whole collection all the time. JMO.
    I have a subset of tunes in ogg vorbis on my Treo.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    i vote none of them
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  4.    #24  
    Samsung players now accept OGG. I have 2 so maybe I don't need a Nano after all, LOL!

I really do need an 8GB flash player though(4GB is the highest flash player I have now) or maybe even 16GB the way my carry around collection keeps growing. But I think I'll wait a while. I really like Sony, Samsung and Creative.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm sure Creative has an option for you. If I wanted an MP3 player, 95% chances are that I'd go with Creative.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Samsung players now accept OGG. I have 2 so maybe I don't need a Nano after all, LOL!

I really do need an 8GB flash player though(4GB is the highest flash player I have now) or maybe even 16GB the way my carry around collection keeps growing. But I think I'll wait a while. I really like Sony, Samsung and Creative.
    despite some misunderstandings relating to some things I might have been misunderstood to have said previously, BARYE would probably not turn away an ipod Touch if one were offered.

Steve...

Steve ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7.    #27  
    I have 2 4GB Creatives and they are great, but the new Zen XFi player has questionable build quality reviews though. Plus they did not include all it's features on the 8GB model so I have to jump straight to 16GB. Both of those things are making me hesitate. I could get the 16GB BUT that build quality issue(people have claimed the face plate seperates within weeks of buying) makes me not want to spend the extra money. And since they decided to not fully feature the 8GB model, the 8GB may not even be worth buying.

We'll see, I end up testing every MP3 player out there(well almost all), LOL!

P.S. I just drooled over the X-Fi player, it could definitley be my next Creative. But I still need to be sure about build quality before buying it.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 09/22/2008 at 01:02 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    despite some misunderstandings relating to some things I might have been misunderstood to have said previously, BARYE would probably not turn away an ipod Touch if one were offered.

Steve...

Steve ???
    The new ones do look nice, way better than the Nanos actually IMO. But it's said that the sound quality is still average. I may test one in the Apple store. Sometimes I can deal with iPod sound quality, sometimes not, especially after hearing Sony and Samsung. Creative has a warmer sound also. The 80GB with a good pair of headphones sounds adequate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    ...Also, I require Pocket Quicken.
    I just remembered, you could use quicken online...
    -Joshua
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    I just remembered, you could use quicken online...
    That assumes I want to trust my financial data to two different web accessible sites as opposed to just my banking institution.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    That assumes I want to trust my financial data to two different web accessible sites as opposed to just my banking institution.
    With closed source software, you're already assuming a level of trust...
    -Joshua
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    With closed source software, you're already assuming a level of trust...
    Yes, but you're not trusting it to every cracker on the internets twice over.
    Android looks real promising.

But astonishingly, Android does not have full cut & paste out of the box !! (I guess they REALLY want to emulate the iPhone).

From what I've been able to glean, it has limited capture / paste now for things like phone numbers, addresses etc -- but the SDK (whatever that is) promises potentially much more. A 3rd party application developer will almost certainly be able to write software to enable full cut and paste...

Overall, Android seems like a powerful and potentially very flexible platform -- one with far fewer limitations: (DRM, app restrictions, iTunes demands, and just general Stevistic Tyranny) -- than the iPhone.

As long as T-Mobile doesn't screw things up, I'm expecting it to capture a significant part of the smartphone market...
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/24/2008 at 04:31 AM.
  14.    #34  
    Go over to Engadget or read T-Mobile's fine print on the G1. Data cap at 1GB then they start throttling. WTH??? With all other carriers offering a 5GB data cap, that's a good way for T-Mobile to shoot itself in the foot!

Yes, but you're not trusting it to every cracker on the internets twice over.
    With an 'always connected' internet device and non-reviewable code, you could be. I do know that their online service uses SSL, at least protecting you to the point that the information is on their servers. So the question is, do you trust their software more than their servers? Their reputation is on the line either way, and that's really what you're buying (which is worth more than quite a few financial institutions).

Anyway, I was just pointing out potential options. Everyone molds their expectations to what they've become used to. There's no way I'd feel effective w/o a terminal. I run my tablet's connection through an ssh tunnel to my desktop, and the wireless for my house on a completely separate network from my home computers, so I understand your security concerns. I use a spreadsheet. :P
    -Joshua
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    As long as T-Mobile doesn't screw things up, I'm expecting it to capture a significant part of the smartphone market...
    I think Google screwed up already by choosing T-Mobile. To capture a significant portion of the smartphone market, you would have to capture a good number of business users, as they are the vast majority of the smartphone market. However, T-Mobile is not the choice of business users, and I really don't think Android will change that. Businesses go with reliable networks like Verizon or AT&T. T-Mobile isn't exactly the best as far as reliability goes.

I'm sure Apple would've raised a stink if Google and AT&T got in bed together, but they could've gone with Verizon. I think they'd have more sales with them.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    ...but they could've gone with Verizon. I think they'd have more sales with them.
    ...and a competitive wireless technology. We only have CDMA coverage, and rolling out an android phone here would have at least given them a foothold that AT&T and Apple would be hard pressed to dislodge.
    -Joshua
    Well that goes both ways. In most places, GSM is readily available, and GSM is global, so that could be one reason why they went with that first. I agree that the advantages of going with a CDMA/Verizon choice would've outweighed the GSM T-Mobile combo, though.

EDIT: How did this thread get so off-topic?
    Well that goes both ways. In most places, GSM is readily available, and GSM is global, so that could be one reason why they went with that first. I agree that the advantages of going with a CDMA/Verizon choice would've outweighed the GSM T-Mobile combo, though.

EDIT: How did this thread get so off-topic?
    Isn't this thread about cutting and pasting ???

From Google's POV, T-Mobile is in some ways the best initial partner -- better than Verizon.

T-Mobile's weakness makes it far more likely to bend to Google's overall demands than would have Verizon. And while Verizon may be an Uber player here --GSM is universal.

Google wants Android to be the most open platform possible -- that has never been in Verizon's DNA (irrespective of its pretense of openness in regards to that spectrum it bought in the Google auction ...)
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/24/2008 at 04:30 AM.
  20.    #40  
    Back on topic for a sec, I think I may just keep what I have for now. I just remembered I have a 4GB card I can use on my Creative Zen to change it into an 8GB. But I'm still in the market for an 8GB flash player, just not in a big hurry anymore.

Back to Android. They crippled the G1. That was a BAD move! No A2DP, no 3.5mm jack, stupidly low data caps. No thanks on the first version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast