1.    #1  
    Thanks for all the help in the 64 bit thread BTW!

I can't decide between Zone Alarm Internet Security or Kaspersky's Internet Security. They both get good reviews. This is for my XP machine at this time, Vista may be different. If you use either, what was your deciding factor in choosing? I'm thinking of testing both for a few days myself, I just need some insight. I used Kaspersky anti-virus and Zone Alarm's firewall seperately, both are excellent! But I want an all-in-one now.

Then to complicate things even further, Norton 2008 IS on my Vista machine seems to work WAY better than the old versions(does not take up all the resources) and I understand they're working on a 2009 version that should be even better. The new version did get some decent reviews also. I may not use Eset since reviews don't seem to have too much confidence in the firewall. Their anti-virus is still excellent though.

Too many options!! Some advice is sorely needed!! Thanks in advance!

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I use ZoneAlarm (free) and Avast! (free) on my 2 Vista laptops. In addition, I also use PC Tools Spyware Doctor. Norton uses just too many resources.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply! Norton 2008 doesn't seem too bad on resources, YET at least. And I'm looking for an all-in-one. What you're doing is what I've done but trying to get away from. I'm a bit tired of updating 4 seperate types of software, LOL! Although I may try Spyware Doc since I heard some good things about it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    Anyone here using PC Tools Anti-Virus built in along with the Spyware Doc? TIA!

On a windows box, I use AVG's free version and trust MS's firewall and defender. I'm guessing if you're running 64 bit that you're on vista (vista's 64 bit performance is good, so why put up with the hassles of 64-bit if you're just going to run xp?). If so, vista's security is quite an improvement over xp's...reinforcing the idea that you could just get by w/a good free antivirus - if only to keep it quiet about not having one installed.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  6.    #6  
    I'm running XP Pro on one machine and Vista 32 bit on the other. Not enough support from main vendors for 64 bit YET, which is mind boggling! All I see is "Vista 32 bit only". Sometimes beta versions for 64 bit, when this should have been done at least 2 yrs. ago! GRRR!!

But back on topic, I'm now testing the Spyware Doc with anti-virus and so far the "IntelliGuard " and scan parts drag on the CPU something awful! I may have to go back to Kaspersky. They claim an update is coming out to fix this though.