1.    #1  
    if anyone can tell me how to expand them.

I downloaded three .iso files from linuxiso.org for debian linux (PPC). They're very nice, sitting there on my desktop. I think I'd enjoy them more were I able to expand them and burn them onto cd's, however.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Use the file - open command in your favorite CD burner software (eaxy cd creater etc..etc..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3.    #3  
    No dice. I tried doing that with Toast and it didn't find them. So I changed the creator code and the type code and it still wouldn't open them. I can burn the files themselves, but their supposed to be bootable cd's and they aren't with just the one file. I'm getting pissed. Damn computers to hell.
    -Joshua
    sorry for the bad advice

Make sure that under the CD properties panel, that you have bootable checked as an option. You might have tto swwitch the CD burning to the other one (juliet or ISO 9960.. cna't remember) to get the boot option..

All linux cd's come with a floppy disk image file normaly in rawrite format.

use rawrite to make a floppy and than jsut use the cd normall..y

right?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    sorry for the bad advice
    You were the only one with advice.

Make sure that under the CD properties panel, that you have bootable checked as an option. You might have tto swwitch the CD burning to the other one (juliet or ISO 9960.. cna't remember) to get the boot option..
    Will do.

All linux cd's come with a floppy disk image file normaly in rawrite format.

use rawrite to make a floppy and than jsut use the cd normall..y

right?
    Nope. Macs don't have a floppy drive.
    -Joshua
    oh yeah - if you have another comp aviable, try doing a network install.... but than you need - ieiei.. floppys can be very helpful. I myself have never succesfulyl created a bootable CD.. - I jsut boot off my favorite boot floppy and launch whatever app I need to

sorry
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Sorry I missed this. Haven't been keeping up with the threads recently.

Anyway, if you didn't already know, .iso's are files that are an ISO9660 disk image in a file. The only thing you should need to do is write a raw image to the CD. (I've done this a number of times under Linux. Never used Toast before).

Hope this helps.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    What version of Toast are you running? Who produces Toast? Do they have a FAQ?

edit: OK, Toast is a Roxio (Adaptec's software division) product. They do have FAQs and whatnot. Also, depending on which version of Toast you have, I may have found your problem: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=bu...r1.al.home.com
    Last edited by Toby; 07/23/2001 at 10:17 AM.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Good job Toby...that sounds like exactly what he needs.
  10.    #10  
    Damn fine work, Toby!

There appears to be a way around the OEM limitations, however.
    http://www.linuxiso.org/README.burning-CD-with-Toast
    to mount an iso and be able to use it properly you must

1. download the plugin at http://www.tempel.org/joliet/ this fixes the
    filenames on the iso.
    2. download the iso and click and drag on the link and choose save link
    as.
    3. open it in diskcopy
    4. then make a copy of the image by dragging it into toast under either
    disk copy or files and folders.
    5. burn away
    I'll give it a try when I get home.
    -Joshua
    Good luck. BTW, this is evidently the file problem the Joliet plugin fixes.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...