Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    In a town that sized, and given that the kids were dating, do you really think there has been absolutely no relationship, and/or that they were never at a single function together? No parties / PTA meetings?
    Oh I believe it is quite possible that Palin and Johnston did things together . . . and quite possible they didn't. The fact they both live in the same small town or had children who were dating isn't indicative of any direct relationship--only increases the probability. Not sure about anyone else, but my parents didn't have much of a relationship with my wife's parents--nor any of the serious romances before my wife.

But there would need to be some logical gymnastics to argue that you can judge Palin's relationship any differently than Obamas.
    Not so much.

After all, wasn't the big question that Obama wasn't forthcoming about the depth of the relationship, and that he didn't strongly enough repudiate the actions of Wright / Ayers?
    For me, only the former, not the latter. While many republicans and conservatives wanted Obama to repudiate people he knew, I just found him to be lacking honesty about how much he knew of people.

Quote Originally Posted by BAYRE
    DL - had Obama's teenage daughter (been 17) and become pregnant by the son of a Chicago drug dealer, how do you suppose Palin would have handled that little tidbit ??
    Probably poorly, but what does it matter? Just because she does it doesn't mean you should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    So if you're saying that you don't care about the relationship between Palin and a future family member, can we at least admit to the hypocrisy that both parties promote?
    Speaking for myself here, I never said I didn't care about the relationship. I did state there simply wasn't enough information to draw any conclusion at this time. I also inquired about what exactly this says about Palin or her values (which I haven't seen an answer yet BAYRE)--since that was what initiated the talk about Sherry Johnston.

As far as hypocrisy? From both parties?

Absolutely agree.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by ----->BARYE<------

DL - had Obama's teenage daughter (been 17) and become pregnant by the son of a Chicago drug dealer, how do you suppose Palin would have handled that little tidbit ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post

...can we at least admit to the hypocrisy that both parties promote?
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post

Probably poorly, but what does it matter? Just because she does it doesn't mean you should do it.

As far as hypocrisy? From both parties?

Absolutely agree.
    I absolutely reject as nonsense this sentiment that there is some kind of symmetry, some equivalence to this hypocrisy.

This is a flat out lie. That is the underlying premise of my original posting of this tidbit.

Repugnicans have made a career out of taking the personal blemishes and pimples of democrats and by first rubbing them into festering sores, they are finally able to mutate them into infectious leprosy.

Its in the DNA of folks like Palin, Rove, Atwater, and junior.

Its the basis of their victories against Dukakis, Gore, Kerry, Cleland etc. etc.

When have we EVER seen something comparable from a major democrat ???

Quote Originally Posted by DL

Speaking for myself here, I never said I didn't care about the relationship. I did state there simply wasn't enough information to draw any conclusion at this time. I also inquired about what exactly this says about Palin or her values (which I haven't seen an answer yet BARYE)--since that was what initiated the talk about Sherry Johnston.
    What it says is that she is a phoney -- a lying deceiving self promoting hypocrite, who has more than her own share of skeletons in her own closets.

Had she not repeatedly -- and I mean REPEATEDLY -- played this card against Obama (and often times against the instructions of the McCain campaign), it would just be an unimportant embarrassment, an embarrassment that might well rise to end the prospects of their daughter being wed (and that's all).

But that's NOT how she campaigned.

Speaking for myself, whenever BARYE has dated 16 yr old human females, their parents seem to make a fetish out of trying to learn what they can about this distinguished old simian and his family.

It seems to stretch credibility that the Governor/Mayor would not be similarly interested in knowing about the family of their daughter's sperm donor.

But then maybe I'm naive.
    Last edited by BARYE; 12/21/2008 at 09:20 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    But then maybe I'm naive.
    I knew there was something you and I could agree upon.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  4.    #104  
    I knew there was something you and I could agree upon.
    All is well as long as the world ends up agreeing with BARYE ...
  5.    #105  
    ...There exists a few reports that specifically mention felonies regarding Oxycontin and that's it. Maybe she was dealing and maybe not, but what we do know is that there is so little information out right now it's pointless to even mention it as most of the talk will amount to conjecture.
    I honestly don't know about this Oxycontin stuff, or what distinguishes it from meth or whatever.

And there are, no doubt, plenty more important contemporary issues to discuss than this -- but which we aren't...

So for what its worth, here are some new details regarding Wasila's most notorious mother-in-law:

Arrest details on mom of Bristol Palin's boyfriend

WASILLA, Alaska (AP) -- Alaska authorities say the mot ther of Bristol Palin's boyfriend sent text messages to two police informants discussing drug transactions before her arrest on felony drug charges.

Palin is the daughter of Gov. Sarah Palin, the former Republican nominee for vice president.

An affidavit filed Monday says Sherry L. Johnston sent text messages referring to "coffee" as a code for the drug OxyContin, a strong prescription painkiller sometimes called "hillbilly heroin" on the street.

The 42-year-old Johnston was arrested last week after state troopers served a search warrant at her Wasilla home. She is out on bail.

Johnston is the mother of 18-year-old Levi Johnston. Sarah Palin announced in September that 18-year-old Bristol was pregnant and Johnston was the father.

According to the affidavit, Johnston sent a text message to one informant on Oct. 1 - well into Palin's campaign for the vice presidency - writing: "Hey, my phones are tapped and reporters and god knows who else is always following me and the family so no privacy. I will let u no when I can go for cof."

Authorities say the case began in the second week of September when drug investigators intercepted a package containing 179 Oxycontin pills. That led to the arrest of the suspects, who agreed to be informants.

Ten days after Johnston said there wasn't enough privacy for a drug sale, she texted again to set up a meeting at a store,
    according to the affidavit. The document says the informant received $800 to make a purchase, meeting investigators later with 10 pills of 80-milligram Oxycontin.

A second purchase was made the following day, authorities said. This time the informant wore a hidden camera and a microphone.

A third purchase occurred Nov. 26. The informant was wired for the transaction and this time police videotaped the meeting.
  6.    #106  
    sniff, sniff ...

Well I'm -- sorry -- just give me a moment...

I certainly didn't see this coming --

Bristol, the beloved daughter of future President Sarah Palin, and her betrothed: Levi -- the spawn of notorious Alaskan drug dealer Sherry Johnson -- have regrettably announced that they no longer intend to marry.

I, for one, am shocked -- shocked -- I had been lead to believe that Wasila was different, that its values were synonymous with family values...

Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Boyfriend Break Up
    by The Associated Press

The engagement is off for the teenage daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and the father of her baby.

Levi Johnston told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he and Bristol Palin mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. The 19-year-old Johnston declined to elaborate.

Eighteen-year-old Bristol Palin said in a statement to the AP that she is "devastated."

The two are the parents of a boy named Tripp, who was born Dec. 27.

Sarah Palin revealed her daughter's pregnancy days after being named John McCain's running mate on the Republican presidential ticket.

In an interview that aired on Fox News last month, Bristol Palin said her fiance saw the baby every day and described him as a "hands-on" dad.

The two had said they were considering a summer wedding.
    Last edited by BARYE; 03/12/2009 at 10:04 AM.
    Darn...I was really rooting for those crazy kids.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456