Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Uh...right. For some reason I see this phrase on PalmStation and other boards all over the place and I start cracking up. I've been outta the States for about four years...where the hell does it originate from? Some weird cult film? Or is it just some insane English-as-a-foreign-language bandwith muncher?

Sorta sounds like a quote from that film whose name I can't remember, but says something about "stinking badges" and how unneccessary they are...

Anyone?
    "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" is a mangled English translation from a video game that originated in Japan, "Zero Wing."
    There's piles of junk about it HERE.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    It is from a computer game put out by a Japanese company in the 80's. This was a period where many games were being produced without really good QC or a decent translation. I believe the phrase was, "All your base are belong to us." It is amazing that such junk could make it out of production and on to the streets. Oh wait, now they just issue a patch or sell an expansion pack. So much for evolution...
    The following space intentionally left blank...

RadarGreg
    Originally posted by Goyena
    Sorta sounds like a quote from that film whose name I can't remember, but says something about "stinking badges" and how unneccessary they are...

Anyone?
    Blazing Saddles I believe
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    No, it was "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" starring Humphey Bogart.
    The following space intentionally left blank...

RadarGreg
    Originally posted by RadarGreg:
    No, it was "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" starring Humphey Bogart.

Correct, and spoofed endlessly in movies since then.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Goyena
    I think that was also in "Born in East LA".
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    I think that was also in "Born in East LA".
    My personal favorite is from UHF: "Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!"
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    UHF Ruled, still waiting for it on DVD. Whats up Weird Al!!!! Give us the DVD!
    well, that went off-topic real darn fast.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    hence the forum name! Its a wicked ride.
    Originally posted by thepromoter
    UHF Ruled, still waiting for it on DVD. Whats up Weird Al!!!! Give us the DVD!
    I have a Wierd Al Live DVD, which is live in concert plus a couple music videos and other goodies. It's awsome.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    Yeah I have that one too. Its pretty good. Did you know Weird AL does commentary on the music videos on that dvd. Its not advertised as a feature on the dvd but its there. Just play the video and then switch the audio on your dvd.
    Originally posted by Yorick:
    well, that went off-topic real darn fast.

'All your badge are belong to us'?

'I don't have to show you any stinking bases'?