Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    men: what's the longest you've ever had your hair?
    women: what's the shortest you've ever had your hair (not counting birth or when you were little)?

my hair now is almost down to the bottom of my ears. if i pull it straight in the front, it touches the upper lips. it was slightly longer in high school, when i could chew on my hair. i plan on growing it out for another year.

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Close to skin on the sides and back; about 1/2" on top. Any longer than that bugs the crap out of me. Speaking of which, I think I'll go get a haircut right now.
    Last edited by icthus; 07/17/2001 at 07:32 AM.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    When I went to college I didn't get a haircut for a year (excluding trims every few months so I didn't look like a maniac). I'd already had it somewhat long. It was down onto my shoulders, and I needed to have it in a ponytail when I was at work (dishwasher at that time).
    bit more sedate nowadays, mostly 'cause I don't want the upkeep.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Well call me a throwback to better times (late 60s-early 70s) but mine is still long. It is currently about 18-20 inches long. It would be much longer if I hadn't gotten 4-6 inches trimmed off about twice a year. I am thinking about cutting about 15 inches off and sending it to this place (I forget the name/web page my wife has the info though) that takes donated human hair and makes wigs for children with cancer that loose their hair from the treatments. If I remember correctly, they give the wigs to the kids. I'll probably make the decision to cut it in the next couple of weeks.

Of course after I cut it, I will probably grow it back unless I get to liking it shorter.
    What the Heck! It's what I want!
    I go to a camp where we make a feature length movie (really cool), and when I act in it, my hair gets pretty long. Not long long, just very curly. It bugs me, but I don't have much of a choice.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by namja:
    men: what's the longest you've ever had your hair?

Down to about my shoulder blades. Cut it my final semester of college and have kept it relatively short since then.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by visor empowered
    I am thinking about cutting about 15 inches off and sending it to this place (I forget the name/web page my wife has the info though) that takes donated human hair and makes wigs for children with cancer that loose their hair from the treatments. If I remember correctly, they give the wigs to the kids.
    www.locksoflove.org ?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    My hair has never been longer than 6 inches. You guys are a bunch of hippies.

Actually, I'd love to grow it out, but I can't stand the in-between 80's look. So I keep the sides and back shaved fairly close with the top about 1.5" longer.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I had my hair down to just below my shoulder blades through high school and up until about 6 years ago. I wound up getting it cut short just before my wedding. No, my wife didn't make me cut it off. I went to get a hair cut before the wedding, and the hair dresser/barber cut it just enough, that it got a Mary Tyler Moore curl at the ends. There was no way I was going to get married looking like that, so I went to a different barber and got it all cut off. Kind of funny looking at pictures of me with long hair now. (Hmmm. I think I have an idea for a new avatar. )

As for the locks of Love, my wife does that regularly. She will get her hair cut shorter (still shoulder length), and then grow it out so it can be cut again.
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    You guys are a bunch of hippies.
    Damn straight!!!! Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll!!! Although now that I'm over 40 it's more like: Rock n' Roll (will NEVER die), ocassional sex and anti-cholesterol medicine for the drugs!!

Hey, ****-Richardson, you aren't perpetually stuck in the late 50s early 60s are you???!! You know, crew-cut, narrow ties, etc...

Originally posted by Yorick

www.locksoflove.org ?
    Yorick,

I believe that is the one!!
    Originally posted by visor empowered
    Damn straight!!!! Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll!!! Although now that I'm over 40 it's more like: Rock n' Roll (will NEVER die), ocassional sex and anti-cholesterol medicine for the drugs!!
    lol!

Hey, ****-Richardson, you aren't perpetually stuck in the late 50s early 60s are you???!! You know, crew-cut, narrow ties, etc...
    Not that I'm aware of. I haven't found a decade I belong to.
    -Joshua
    RIght now it's a little past my shoulders. This is short though compared to when I had it past my nipples (can I say nipples here? ). That was about 5 years ago though. In the past few weeks though I have pondered cutting it shorter. I just don't really "care" about having long hair any more, I seem to have lost the motivation.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson:
    [...] You guys are a bunch of hippies. [...]

<VOICE TYPE="Klingon">Hippie?!?! I should kill you where you stand!</VOICE> Metal heads are not hippies.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    <VOICE TYPE="Klingon">Hippie?!?! I should kill you where you stand!</VOICE> Metal heads are not hippies.
    I apologize. Do you still have your leather jacket with all the chains?

P.S. Why'd you have to go and change your quoting style on me?
    -Joshua
    It's time for a haircut for me when the hair goes down to my eyebrow easily.
    Last edited by Vinny; 07/17/2001 at 12:10 PM.
    -Vincent
    Originally posted by ****-richardson:
    I apologize. Do you still have your leather jacket with all the chains?

Nah...that was too cliche. I was more into trenchcoats (either denim or a plain black London Fog). I still have my combat boots, though.

P.S. Why'd you have to go and change your quoting style on me?

I changed that a while back due to some comments regarding the extra white space that the default quoting feature throws in.
    I got sick of getting my haircut twice a week when I was in the Marines, so I didn't cut it for 5/6 years after I got out. I wore it in a pony tail when it got long enough. It ended in the middle of my back. That was fine for a funky glassblower artist.
    Now it's really short, kinda like H. Ford in Bladerunner. I don't have the time or energy for long hair. It used to take me forever to wash and brush.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    The longest I ever let it go was just above my eyes, and just as shaggy all the way around. I couldn't stand having it in my face and was not willing to wait for pony tail length.

I must admit, short (or no) hair does save a lot of time and energy. Be advised, though, there is a point between stubble and flowing locks where it's too long to look clean-cut, but too short to stay where you comb it. It's much worse if you have very straight, coarse hair like my Korean friend Andy. Imagine an afro standing over an inch from the scalp, but straight instead of curly. Now imagine that same hair sticking through the holes of a bike helmet
    It hit my waist when I was in high school. After college I went through a "Corporate Look" phase, so it was short for a time. Got over that in a few years, and my hair has been down to my shoulder blades ever since.

Nowadays I tend to lose it fast enough to not care. Figure I'll shoot for the David Crosby look, and if that fails, I'll just shave it off.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast