1.    #1  
    I'll let my new signature speak for itself

NEVER purchase from Barnes and Noble dot Com (www.bn.com). I ordered two CD's and recieved two books by mistake. Instead of rushing me my two CD's, I have to make a second order (and a second debt to my card) to order them again. I get my original money back once I return the books I recieved by mistake. If they screw up and send the wrong item, they treat you as if you stole the mis-shipped items. Worst service on the planet is bn.com
    Last edited by jeffbeerman2; 07/14/2001 at 10:26 PM.
    Here's the London Daily Mirror last week: "On a visit to the British Museum he [President George W Bush] was asked by one of 30 pupils gathered what the White House was like, to which he replied: 'It is white.'... Then he went on to tell the audience the importance of a good education. He said: 'Sometimes boys and girls would rather watch TV than read. When your teachers say read, they are giving you pretty damn good advice.' "
    Okay, but once you change your signature again, no-one's going to know the object of this thread ...

Were you aware you could return the mis-shipped books to any B&N retail store? (Tho, there may not be one near you.)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    hmmm.. BARNES AND NOBEL SUCKS!!!

sorry, they've kileled all the independant bookstores here in the Twin Cities except for like 3. Poor Ruminator. - that's the largest onee alive still..

I can't blame B&N entirelly, it's those mega plasces which do screw thigns up..

There used to be 3 bookstores very close my house, now the Red Ballon is the only one left.. - oops.. I just told everyone where live hhe.e.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    yeah, they stink. the only thing really good about barnes & noble is that they have a starbucks in their b&m stores ... but then i don't even like coffee ...

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Not like their isn't a starbucks across the street...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Yorick
    Okay, but once you change your signature again, no-one's going to know the object of this thread ...
    I'm never changing it, I am that mad!! Just kidding, I pasted the sig into the post. I didnt think about that before.

Were you aware you could return the mis-shipped books to any B&N retail store? (Tho, there may not be one near you.)
    I wish they had told me that on the phone, there are two of their stores here. The customer service guy was just reading a script, and very badly. I don't think he ever finished elementary school. I'm sure I would have been a better BN employee ater the sixth grade, than he was.

I'll try it, thanks Yorick
    Here's the London Daily Mirror last week: "On a visit to the British Museum he [President George W Bush] was asked by one of 30 pupils gathered what the White House was like, to which he replied: 'It is white.'... Then he went on to tell the audience the importance of a good education. He said: 'Sometimes boys and girls would rather watch TV than read. When your teachers say read, they are giving you pretty damn good advice.' "
    I kept getting SPAM from Amazon. I'd go to their website and turn off the "send me notices" setting and in about a week or two it would start back up again. Go to the website to turn it off again and it would turn back on in another week or two or it would be some new SPAM service that the other "send me notices" thing now didn't cover.

I finally got fed up and wrote them telling them their marketing effort had cost them my business from then on and that I do not intend to go back. I don't.

I guess these places figure it's OK to treat some individual customer like dirt. The problem there is that individual cusomers talk to other individual customers and post on websites. It all adds up and impacts the bottom line.

Oh well.
    I finally got fed up and wrote them telling them their marketing effort had cost them my business from then on and that I do not intend to go back. I don't.
    At least you keep your promise, thus actually affecting them. I'm a manager at a local movie theatre and every once in awhile we get people who get so mad about stuff they swear up and down that they'll never come back. Guess what? I usually end up seeing them again anyways. I respect PDAddict in that he keeps his word with not going back to Amazon.

By the way, people don't come back because we're the only choice in town, there's 4 others within 10 miles of my movie theatre so they can take their pick.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    I actually work at a BN store. After reading your reply I printed out the thread and forwarded it to home office. I also emailed BN.com with a link so they would see, but got a moronic response instead (big suprise) which I also forwarded on to corporate. I'm sorry your experience was so crappy. We're really big on customer service in our store, but when you get someone online or someone in a store who screws up, it blows it for the rest of us. Instead of getting one of us who cares about our job, you got sludge. Again, I'm sorry, and I hope I can at least fix the problem retroactively...
    Everyone creates their own perfect picture of reality...
    Originally posted by embryoconcepts
    I actually work at a BN store. After reading your reply I printed out the thread and forwarded it to home office. <snip> Again, I'm sorry, and I hope I can at least fix the problem retroactively...
    Three cheers! It takes guts to tackle a problem, and make the commitment to provide a solution. I wish more employees of companies would take a personal interest in their customers...

So hats off to embryoconcepts!
    "When I am Empress...Heads will roll!"
    Queen of Parts
    Originally posted by embryoconcepts
    I actually work at a BN store...
    And you have balls "made of solid rock."
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    hmmm.. BARNES AND NOBEL SUCKS!!!

sorry, they've kileled all the independant bookstores here in the Twin Cities except for like 3. Poor Ruminator. - that's the largest onee alive still..
    Hop on your bike, Miradu. There's a half-price on Ford, and a bunch more on grand, sixth chamber kicks! (It's on Grand and Hamline). Ruminator is great, sure, but I still liked them better before they sold their name... In lotsa cases, the smaller, the better.

Catch a ride to Station 17 Books, on 35th and Chicago in Minneapolis. It's a converted Fire Station, and it rocks! I went there by chance this past winter. This old santa-lookin' guy comes up and says, "Hey, you want some cider?" "Sure" He comes back with a little plastic saucer and cup, filled with steaming cider. "Don't drink the sludge on the bottom, that just the spices." Best Dang Cider I've ever had. I'm looking through the religion section, he says "Hey, we keep the rest of the religion book in there," he points to the door. What's past the door?

...the bathroom.

Yep, corporate-class stores really do screw the little guy, but that means we just have to work that much harder to defend him. Don't give up!