View Poll Results: Do you use BroadBand or Dial-Up?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Broadband at both home and work.

37 60.66%
  • Broadband at home, Dial-up at work

2 3.28%
  • Dial-up at home, broadband at work

14 22.95%
  • Dial-Up at home and work

1 1.64%
  • Dial-up at home and nothing at work

4 6.56%
  • Broadband at home and nothing at work.

3 4.92%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cable rocks...at times I've noticed transfer (download) rates for far more that the 2megs/seg advertised...uploading is still 125k/seg. But for the price of AOL & a second phone line you can have cable instead, yeah?
    "This world is totally Fugazi." -Fish (Marillion)
    Read how Mr. Cringley got broadband. Where there is a need there is a way.:-)

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010628.html

Then more

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010712.html
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by icthus
    Some of us would love the choice
    I hope that never happens to me ... having no choice but modem. maybe I'm an addict ...

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Well i had cable ever since i bought my own computer. Well i moved back to downtown Chicago , from champaign IL. and can you f'in belive i cant get cable or dsl service? I live in a major friggin city!! and there is no cable or dsl service "in my area"?????? i am still being jerked around by earthlink, which said the had dsl in my area of chicago? well its been almost three months and no dsl yet? i want to commit sucide cause i cant stand how slow my DIAL-UP is. for the love of god i live in a city why do i still have to use dial-up! well i shall shut up now and go check my BLOOD pressure
    Don't do it! Stay in there! Remember: the sooner they put in cable or DSL, the more money THEY make, so they probably are rushing to get it in. Hope that keeps you alive and waiting for a few more months .
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12