Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1473
    Originally posted by Toby
    I think it's just typical of the industry. When times are good, contractors can skimp on the details without harming their reputations too much because they're on to the next job, and usually people aren't going to take somebody to court for a bad paint job. Of course, at least now I know what 'average workmanlike job' means in appraisalese.
    I have to agree. I went to an friend's house yesterday, after finishing up a day of trimming out baseboard here at my sisters, and cut some trim for him. He lives in a nice, middle class neighborhood in Katy and the level of detail was, in his words, "Not up to Grandpa's standards."

I'm glad my parents taught me that average wasn't something to aspire towards.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
  2.    #1262  
    Well, my Handera died today. To recap my history with Handera, the unit I bought in February last year lasted until sometime in June or July - I had it on me while I was screwing around and it sustained a 'bruise' on the screen for a couple of weeks before going blank. I sent that unit in and received a refurb that was DAO, which Handera replaced next-day air. That one chugged along nicely for a couple of months until I threw on my desk in irritation. It wasn't that hard, but it did hit a sweet spot that killed the unit. That one irritated me a bit, so I took a hammer to it. Called Handera and let them in on the situation, they told me they'd be able to sell me another refurb for $125 (no cradle, battery cover, stylus, plastic CF slot insert, etc.). A couple of days later, I got my original unit back (bruise in exactly the same spot, scratches exactly where I had grown accustomed to...). That's the unit that died today.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy another new HE330 and keep sparky around for sentimental value. I sincerely wish Handera would get another unit out the door. The other option would be a Toshiba e330.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  3. cml
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Don't suppose anyone knows if it's possible to get front mount usb working when ones mobo doesn't support it? Is there a pci card with the pin outs?
    yes, I believe I have seen PCI cards with pinouts for them... I believe I saw them on http://www.tigerdirect.com . Happy hunting!

- cml
    ....That one irritated me a bit, so I took a hammer to it...and keep sparky around for sentimental value....
    Sounds like my relationship with my brother
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    A couple of days later, I got my original unit back (bruise in exactly the same spot, scratches exactly where I had grown accustomed to...).
    for some reason, I find that incredibly amusing.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  6.    #1266  
    Originally posted by Yorick

for some reason, I find that incredibly amusing.
    I didn't realize until a couple of weeks later that it was the original. I'd be interested to know what the odds were, and why they couldn't have applied to our local lottery.

I called Handera today to see what they'd be willing to do for me WRT pricing on a new unit, considering they've received my money on pda purchasing/upkeep for a year (exactly a year yesterday, as it turns out). Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up...the ~$150 'refurbs' listed at their website are new units that became 'orphaned' after some stock split when a bunch of people got fired or some damn thing. At any rate, they're new units with everything minus the year tech support.

I doubt the Toshiba is going to touch that price...
    -Joshua
  7. cml
    Did anyone ever make an app that allowed you to hold the HandEra up to the phone and dial from address book? I heard that the speaker is capable, and that would be a great application.

- cml
    Originally posted by cml
    Did anyone ever make an app that allowed you to hold the HandEra up to the phone and dial from address book? I heard that the speaker is capable, and that would be a great application.
    That's been out forever (actually since the TRGPro days, IIRC). There are versions for the CLIE and T|T at this point as well.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  9.    #1269  
    Originally posted by cml
    Yep.
    -Joshua
  10.    #1270  
    Hey Toby, just got my promedia 2.1's set up.

Just thought I'd extend a thanks, considering I heard of them first from you.
    -Joshua
    Hey Toby, just got my promedia 2.1's set up.

Just thought I'd extend a thanks, considering I heard of them first from you.
    Yeah, if I ever have to replace my Altec Lansing 4.1s, Klipsch is the way I'm going. Glad you like them.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  12.    #1272  
    Yeah, if I ever have to replace my Altec Lansing 4.1s, Klipsch is the way I'm going. Glad you like them.
    This is the first time my pc has sounded better than my wife's mac. Now if I could just go without a cpu fan, life would be good. BTW, antec has an interesting case that has my attention.
    -Joshua
    Holy cow! This thread is still going?!!! I haven't even visited VC for about a year, but came here as a link from the United Devices link... I see **** Richardson and Toby are still up and about (albeit quite less vocally).

I occasionally see a few familar names pop up at palminfocenter or cliesource... Hope all is well. Greets. :thumbup:
    (bump)

Just hate to see this thread die after all this time...
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    Originally posted by EricG
    (bump)

Just hate to see this thread die after all this time...
    Inane Ramblings will *never* die...
    Originally posted by K. Cannon

Inane Ramblings will *never* die...
    Yes it will. I've been poisoning it with 2 mg of arsenic every day for the last six months.
    Yes it will. I've been poisoning it with 2 mg of arsenic every day for the last six months.
    Eat the cookie, mother!

Egad, that was a horrible movie!

Eat the cookie, mother!

Egad, that was a horrible movie!
    heh. I had to do a search for that. Now of course I *have* to see it.
    heh. I had to do a search for that. Now of course I *have* to see it.
    A search actually found it? I realize the book was immensely popular (I never read it), but the movie was dreck, IMO.
    A search actually found it? I realize the book was immensely popular (I never read it), but the movie was dreck, IMO.
    I found some review which included the line, using Google.
    I've never read it either, tho I think my brother did for some college class. At any rate, bad movies just mean more for me to mock.