Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1473
    Originally posted by K. Cannon

Okay, fine...but the part about ZOOM was cool...(thanks bobby-mike for the links)
    No problem, what are middle-aged friends for?

(Yeah kids these days have it easy. When I was kid, 15" was a huge television, and color, well color TVs were just making it into homes! Cable TV?! We had rabbit ears! And we were happy with our rabbit ears! B/W 9" rabbit-eared snow-falling fuzzy-looking reception, that was state of the art! Darn whippersnappers with their pay-per-view cable 60" 3D HDTV. Ungrateful hooligans! If it weren't for us TV pioneers, they'd be listening to radio, on the AM frequency! grumble grumble ... where's my maypo? )
    Last edited by BobbyMike; 01/20/2003 at 09:03 AM.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Cable TV?! We had rabbit ears! And we were happy with our rabbit ears! [/I] )
    I remember the day after we got cable. I was in High School. And I played sick so I could stay home and enjoy the cable T.V. (which at that time was controlled by a small brown remote that hooked to the TV cable box via a phone cord looking thing)
    Forgot to reply to your Q. re: Junior. After that 500, my husband went with Jr. I stayed with the car and am a Harvick fan. Although we both really pull for both of them.

I remember the day after we got cable. I was in High School. And I played sick so I could stay home and enjoy the cable T.V. (which at that time was controlled by a small brown remote that hooked to the TV cable box via a phone cord looking thing)
    That leaves quite a large window depending on where you grew up!

History of Cable TV
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Window for what? It was here in Cola. But the cable company has changed names a few times. Also, those brown remotes were always getting shorts in the cord...

My point was that I, too, "enjoyed" rabbit ears until I was a Junior in H.S. Except ours were positioned atop the enormous "wood-like-grain" console television set.
  6.    #1186  
    Hey Joshua, nice to read your words again. I was wondering as I opened this thread this AM where and how you were.
    You see, my time has been getting shaved fairly thin. I'm ashamed to admit I got myself hooked into an online rpg, been trying to find someone to watch my son, school, and after-hours meetings/etc. at work (my paychecks have been bouncing...).

The addiction of the rpg has worn off, I've found someone to watch my son (a post unto itself), school needed $400 (there goes the T|T temporarily :/ ), and work is...there.

Josh, possession is 9/10ths of the law. You can't just expect us to give you this thread back, you're going to have to take it back over with some of your most excellent rants.
    Certainly. Pick a topic.

Strangely enough, even though I'm a squatter, I look forward to it!
    Myself as well. Between school and that game, it'll be good to use my mind again (as well as proper grammatical structuring). Speaking of which, anyone else catch that 'd00d' crap on the net yet?
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 01/20/2003 at 11:19 AM.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    And I STILL don't have cable TV here.. oh well - cable net makes up for it

Am I rebelling? sure.. my PDAs sure seem to make me stand out
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    After that 500, my husband went with Jr. I stayed with the car and am a Harvick fan. Although we both really pull for both of them.
    Same here... I actually started following closely again towards the end of last season. It's still not the same without ol' Ironhead, but we all have to move on, I suppose.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    zoinks!
    Originally posted by septimus
    zoinks!
    by which i mean I hope to actually re-start trolling the boards again.

I don't have an excuse nearly as exciting as D-R's (i.e. no kid), but I have been out of state and busy converting myself to the cult of mac.

OS 9 is a stinking pile of yak dung. OS X 10.2 is the best thing since sliced bread.

...and, uh, that's all she wrote.

also, I saw Bowling for Columbine finally yesterday. That's my primary motivation for hitting this thread: whatcha'll think of that flick?
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Speaking of which, anyone else catch that 'd00d' crap on the net yet?
    u r l1k3, 50 l337!
  12.    #1192  
    Originally posted by septimus
    u r l1k3, 50 l337!
    I don't condone such behavior. You will get pwned.

n00b
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    It's still not the same without ol' Ironhead, but we all have to move on, I suppose.
    Yep.
    We are hoping that a connection will come through with tickets to Bristol this year!! Now, that'll be some fun!
    Window for what? It was here in Cola. But the cable company has changed names a few times. Also, those brown remotes were always getting shorts in the cord...

My point was that I, too, "enjoyed" rabbit ears until I was a Junior in H.S. Except ours were positioned atop the enormous "wood-like-grain" console television set.

I was joking since cable has been around since the 1940's, but you're actually close to my age and saw it about the same time. I got your point KC I'm not that thick! (Well.... )
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

Certainly. Pick a topic.

Ok hows this.... If this country was willing to prosecute the ***** that was fighting with the Taliban, why wasn't Jane Fonda ever prosecuted since she gave NV officials (of her violition) a note given to her by a POW (resulting in his torture)?

or

Is AIDS;
    1) a retribution from an angry God
    2) a horrible, but preventable disease
    3) a result of Western Free Love
    4) Nature trying to rid itself of a pest
    5) a Government plot
    6) Other

or

Is it actually possible to lick a Tootsie-Pop to the core?
    Now, that'll be some fun!
    Have I told you recently that I hate you?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I was joking since cable has been around since the 1940's, but you're actually close to my age and saw it about the same time. I got your point KC I'm not that thick! (Well.... )
    I wasn't sure if you meant window in time or location. I do happen to be that thick!!

"close to your age" which you also referred to previously as "middle aged"
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Have I told you recently that I hate you?
    Yes, well, notice I said we are hoping that the connection comes through. When it comes down to it, we'll probably (a) be unable to get off work (b) never get the tickets in the first place or (c) go and have an absolute blast...oops, did I say that last part out loud just now??
    Ok hows this.... If this country was willing to prosecute the ***** that was fighting with the Taliban, why wasn't Jane Fonda ever prosecuted since she gave NV officials (of her violition) a note given to her by a POW (resulting in his torture)?
    Republicans
    Is AIDS;
    1) a retribution from an angry God
    2) a horrible, but preventable disease
    3) a result of Western Free Love
    4) Nature trying to rid itself of a pest
    5) a Government plot
    6) Other
    Is it actually possible to lick a Tootsie-Pop to the core?
    http://www.wonderfullywackie.com/lol...lickometer.htm
    From the website
    "Party Idea The LollyPop Lickoff
    Have your friends gather around each with a LICK O METER.
    Let the games begin find out who can lick the most in a minute!!"

Um...yeah.