Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1473
    *whiffs snowball at K. Cannon*
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Yorick
    *whiffs snowball at K. Cannon*
    If your hands are in the same condition as your head, at least we don't have to worry that you'll get frostbite!

*lobbing a snowball in Yorick's direction*
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I don't get to play in the snow... (really wishes for a snowball to lob at MarkEagle...)

Here in most of California, the snow does not come to you, you go to the snow. And I like it that way! (but still really wants to join the fun...)
    "When I am Empress...Heads will roll!"
    Queen of Parts
    *whiffs snowball at fixitgal*
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Ship your snow to me - maybe i can collect enough from people to make a snowman. It is one weird winter here in MN.... It's 50 degrees one day, and 4 days later it is 0 degrees. No snow at all. It's ugly IMHO.

Ra Ra Ra! You can't sell my middle name K. Cannon! well maybe if you donate the proceeds to my college fund (or gadget fund... )

Pounds all of ya with big snowball

BTW LCD's don't work that well in cold they have a super slow refresh rate...

G'night all of ya... time for more sleep
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    *whiffs snowball at fixitgal*
    *wipes snow from side of face...*

Yorick, you are in SUCH big trouble!
    Queen of Parts
    Originally posted by fixitgal

*wipes snow from side of face...*

Yorick, you are in SUCH big trouble!
    HA! I'm dead already.
    70 degrees here last week and 40 something today---maybe i'll be able to pelt yorick back with some snow soon!!

HA! I'm dead already.
    Yeah, but you could be a MISERABLE dead!

C'mon KC, I'm counting on you to scrounge up some ammo...
    Queen of Parts
    I've been complaining about the snow, but yesterday went to a friends house with the family and went tubing down his tube-run. 150 or so feet of simple speedy fun! What a blast! Reggie is mid forties and his kids have moved out, but he (and his wife) still finds time to play! Eliz. had to sit it out ('cause of the baby) but the boys were pumped. Martin, the four year old, turns out to be a natural - he's so light he cruised to the top of each banked (!) turn and almost, but not quite slipped over! Laughing all the way!
    No more whining from me (ok next time we get a foot dumped on us and I have to shovel I'll be right back at it!)
    We're going back on Tuesday afternoon if anyone wants to come along!

If you don't know Miradu's middle name, you either haven't been around long enough, or you're not an obsessive post reader!
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    70 degrees here last week and 40 something today---maybe i'll be able to pelt yorick back with some snow soon!!
    *aims snow-maker's cannon at K. Cannon*
    hee hee hee!

... I feel like Calvin waiting for Susie.
    If my mom saw this I'd get such a scolding.
    Yeah! finally it is snowing here in MN!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    You are fixin' to get it yorick and ducker!! YES, they are calling for snow here on Friday. Just you wait!

<giggles and plots to self>
    You are fixin' to get it yorick and ducker!! YES, they are calling for snow here on Friday. Just you wait!

<giggles and plots to self>
    Yeah! And don't forget to add a snowball "from" me...

<skips off, giggling too...>
    Queen of Parts
    All this snow-talk seems to have scared Toby away. Did you nail him too, Yorick?

Or... maybe he's just waiting to ambush all of us? Does it even snow in his part of the world?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    All this snow-talk seems to have scared Toby away. Did you nail him too, Yorick?

Or... maybe he's just waiting to ambush all of us? Does it even snow in his part of the world?
    I see from his profile he hasn't posted in almost a week. I imagine, he's otherwise disposed and doesn't have time to stop in.
    N'awlins is on the Gulf of Mexico, so I doubt he sees snow often. but I can give him some!

In alll seriousness, I actually had the news on earlier and they noted that 72 inches have fallen (where I am), either "since Christmas" or "this season."
    Originally posted by fixitgal

Yeah! And don't forget to add a snowball "from" me...

<skips off, giggling too...>
    All righty, then. That's two snowballs ordered up. one for yorick; one for michael...do you want overnight delivery, 2 business day or standard

speaking of, i ordered a dell online and got an excellent deal and free shipping. and then i called them back to say i would just pay for overnighting it and he told me it was going to cost $150 and that he could just upgrade me to 2nd day business for FREE! Man, they rock. (except for their irksome commercials)

ordered it friday afternoon, got it yesterday morning.
    KC I agree about Dell. I've got two now and I even enjoy working on them. Very user friendly. If anyone wants to build a nice machine from an older one, pick up a used Dell Optiplex GX1 Minitower. I've seen them on the Dell site (the sell previously leased machines there) for around $200-300. Mix that with the appropriate PowerLeap 1.4 Ghz upgrade (approx $150 street or eBay) and a Geforce4 MX 420 PCI video card (or similar ATI Radeon) approx. $75-90) and you'll have a very nice machine that is a dream to work on. I know you can get a newer machine for less, but for a second machine, or even a studio computer (I use mine for art/ art education) you can't get better quality for less $. The "small" Minitower is very easy to open and work on and Dell maintains excellent documentation on their previous models on their site.

Ackk... I just realized I'm a geek! I'm thirsty I need another Coke....

Yorick- 72 inches?!?! I would laugh, but it's still in my yard as I write. I was very sick for two days and couldn't shovel. Now my driverway's is four inches higher in elavation until Spring! Grrrr.

At least I'm going tubing today with the boys, so I won't be cursing the snow for a couple of hours.

Hey Yorick, could you give me the Comic Museum info again. I went back in my files and couldn't find it. I must have deleted by accident! I was thinking about taking a trip with my older boys up there in the Spring, now that they're really into comix. Thanks!

KC, about the irksome Dell computer commercials, there is a solution you know
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    KC, about the irksome Dell computer commercials, there is a solution you know
    <snorts>Like You-Know-Who would ever let me hold the remote...

Kidding!--on nights when You-Know-Who is out of town, I don't think the T.V. is ever turned on.

Have fun tubing--I'm going to the U.S.C. v. Auburn basketball game tonight. Not as good as my College of Charleston Cougars, but they'll do...

All righty, then. That's two snowballs ordered up. one for yorick; one for michael...do you want overnight delivery, 2 business day or standard...
    Right upside the head would be fine... Doesn't matter how long it takes! <evil grin>

Such a pal!
    Queen of Parts