Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
    dieter stop showing off

It was a literary crit research paper on Ray Bradbury. Basicly the assingment was to research an american author, peice to gether others ideas since we are to stupid to figure them out on our own, than explain why your american author is important, and than jsut general crit on two books of theres. I procrastinated on it for way to long.

there? you all happy?

I have to say that James has nothing to do with my newfound "matureity" I found that in the street all by myself. (it was next to the lollipop in the gutter)

am I really kidding here? (by the way 5 stars to this thread! WHOO WHOO! YEAH!)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    holy ****.. thats some BAD spelling and grammer upstairs. Please don't count the mistakes. Note how I can swear and not be edited :-D HEHEHEHHEHE! MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

this is what happens when you give a teenager 100 oz of coke in 48 hours, and have them sleep 3 of those hours.

bubye everyone! smilies are fun.

now I' m scaring myself. These "rants" really should be going on my site not here. sorry yall
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3.    #823  
    Originally posted by Toby
    Actually, considering the 'popularity' of abortions and being 'pro-choice', I don't understand what all the hubbub is about that Yates woman in Houston.
    There's a BIG difference between killing kids and killings...kids. Ok, maybe the difference is one is completey dependant on someone else for survival and the the other one is...too. Damnit, there has to be a difference. One struggles harder?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    There's a BIG difference between killing kids and killings...kids. Ok, maybe the difference is one is completey dependant on someone else for survival and the the other one is...too. Damnit, there has to be a difference. One struggles harder?
    The only difference is that they never have to look the unborn one in the eyes or see a picture of it. I'd be willing to bet that all it would take to practically eliminate abortion is to require an ultrasound picture to be taken and shown to the prospective client (much like I think most people would become vegetarians if they ever saw a real slaughterhouse). If people don't have to see what they're doing, they can pretend it's not real or not a life or not human yet or whatever other delusion they want to operate under. If Andrea Yates had received 5 abortions, no one would have batted an eye.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Actually, considering the 'popularity' of abortions and being 'pro-choice', I don't understand what all the hubbub is about that Yates woman in Houston.
    probably just that she waited too long to have the abortions. And that it wasn't doctor-assisted. (damn HMO's.)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  6.    #826  
    I'd be willing to bet that all it would take to practically eliminate abortion is to require an ultrasound picture to be taken and shown to the prospective client...
    along with a diagram as to how the fetus was to be terminated.
    (much like I think most people would become vegetarians if they ever saw a real slaughterhouse).
    Maybe. I wasn't too sorry about ordering veal after seeing one. Of course, I could be just a heartless *******.
    -Joshua
    along with a diagram as to how the fetus was to be terminated.
    Or maybe make them watch the procedure on a little closed-circuit system.
    Maybe. I wasn't too sorry about ordering veal after seeing one. Of course, I could be just a heartless *******.
    That's my excuse. I've seen the various procedures of each of the major farm animal meats. I don't eat poultry or pork generally, but that's more because I don't like pork (consistency or taste) and associate poultry with the smell of a great aunt's chicken farm (blech). I don't eat veal because of the consistency. I don't eat beef that often either, but I think cattle deserve whatever they get. They have got to be the second stupidest species on the planet.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  8.    #828  
    They have got to be the second stupidest species on the planet.
    I'd love to bite. The first being...?
    -Joshua
    I'd love to bite. The first being...?
    Exactly.
    Originally posted by miradu
    this is what happens when you give a teenager 100 oz of coke in 48 hours, and have them sleep 3 of those hours.
    amateur. you didn't even have a six-pack. (of 20-oz bottles that is)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  11.    #831  
    My son caught his toe under the heavy metal door at daycare - tearing his toenail (cuticle and all) halfway. That's one vascular area, let me tell you. I knew he was going to live when I gave him my pop and he quieted down (then again, getting to drink my pop is a big deal).

BTW Yorick, 'Inane Ramblings' never dies. It goes into moments of quiet repose contemplating itself. Rather like God. Oh, and Happy Birthday.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 04/29/2002 at 02:42 PM.
    -Joshua
    My son caught his toe under the heavy metal door at daycare - tearing his toenail (cuticle and all) halfway. [...]
    Ouch...but I guess that's what happens when one tries to go under the 'heavy metal door'. Tell him to try the 'light, airy rock hits of the 70s door' next time. He can barrel right through that one.
    BTW Yorick, 'Inane Ramblings' never dies. It goes into moments of quiet repose contemplating itself. Rather like God. Oh, and Happy Birthday.
    True. True.
  13.    #833  
    Ouch...but I guess that's what happens when one tries to go under the 'heavy metal door'. Tell him to try the 'light, airy rock hits of the 70s door' next time. He can barrel right through that one.
    We were in a hurry. Usually we go through the 'whiny, protest anthems door,' but that always involves a lot of swaying, and I had left my lighter in the car besides.

Geez, miss a comma and the world beats a path with you to their door.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 04/29/2002 at 03:03 PM.
    -Joshua
  14.    #834  
    Anyone seen Apple's eMac? It's hideous enough that I'm tempted to get one. I can't imagine these things sticking around for long.
    -Joshua
    Anyone seen Apple's eMac? It's hideous enough that I'm tempted to get one. I can't imagine these things sticking around for long.
    I had my finger hovering over the "buy" button, but decided against it. They're good for their purpose: filling computer labs.
  16.    #836  
    Originally posted by septimus
    ...They're good for their purpose: filling computer labs.
    Pretty much. I'm looking for a laptop, and with the upgrades to the powerbook, I'm thinking I may wait longer.
    -Joshua
    Guess it was just the thought of having been the last one to say anything.
    My son caught his toe under the heavy metal door at daycare - tearing his toenail (cuticle and all) halfway. That's one vascular area, let me tell you.
    Ouch. I have the unfortunate honor of having done that myself. High school swim team practice, I was chasing.....well, OK, it was a girl. Cute as a button, curvy....but I digress. She was on one side of those big, asbestos fire doors trying to hold it shut with the crash bar and I was pulling the handle to open it. She let go suddenly and WHOOSH, both big toenails gone. I said a bad word, then repeated it several times, with increasing volume. Didn't grow back for 15 years, until a wise doctor got my insurance company to pay for Lamisil. No more ugly toes! Now if it just worked on my face...

BTW Yorick, 'Inane Ramblings' never dies. It goes into moments of quiet repose contemplating itself.
    I would say so. The last time I checked the VC boards was in January, and it was an ancient thread then. Wonder where it will be in 5 months when I check again?
    Soul Raven - "Små hjerne, stor glæde"
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Originally posted by Soul Raven
    Ouch. I have the unfortunate honor of having done that myself. High school swim team practice, I was chasing.....well, OK, it was a girl. Cute as a button, curvy....but I digress. She was on one side of those big, asbestos fire doors trying to hold it shut with the crash bar and I was pulling the handle to open it. She let go suddenly and WHOOSH, both big toenails gone. I said a bad word, then repeated it several times, with increasing volume
    Did she feel sorry????

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    My wife called me at work today, just to tell me that my three and a half year old had drank (drunk, drunken, drinkin?) her entire cup of coffee. All I could hear was one continuous screech of excited boy waxing and waning as he ran around the house (3000 square feet of old, multi-story houseness), closer and then farther away.
    Boy, we sure know how to live the high life around here!

" I knew he was going to live when I gave him my pop and he quieted down "

Kids can be amazingly stoic. My middle boy (the one currently featured to the left) broke his arm when he was two and a half (greenstick). His comment?

"Ouchy...."
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."