Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    don't forget to paint the trebuchet black and chrome, and put a firing sight on the nose.
    man, I'm tired.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Toby
    What you seem to have such a hard time grasping is that if the effective function of over 99% of them is in target practice, protection, display, whatever, then their killing function is the ancillary one.
    You are confusing use with function.
    Originally posted by Toby
    LOL...you should read your Fraud better. Actually, people who are that fearful of guns scare me. It shows that they're projecting deep-seated tendencies in themselves which disturb them onto others (much like homophobes).
    ...Fraud... LOL....

Well... I suppose with anti-gun it could be a certain ID suppression... but with gun-lovers it is undoubtedly a castration-fear complex. And, as it turns out, quite a few Fruedians believe that homophobia is best described in terms of the castration complex...

...yep.
  4.    #584  
    Mr. Bohn, I think yo' purdy.

Call me.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Mr. Bohn, I think yo' purdy.

Call me.
    IIRC, we're both married..... actually, I think I've yet to use an actual photo as an avatar....

..mebbe I'll do that...
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

IIRC, we're both married..... actually, I think I've yet to use an actual photo as an avatar....

..mebbe I'll do that...
    Yes you did. Didn't you have a picture of yourself sitting on a chair holding your three-pronged fork
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
  7.    #587  
    IIRC, we're both married.....
    Well, I've stated that I was quite a few times. Are you trying to remember if you are? At any rate, you're obviously not homosexual since you're anti-gun.

Um, Toby....
    -Joshua
    "Well, I've stated that I was quite a few times. Are you trying to remember if you are? At any rate, you're obviously not homosexual since you're anti-gun. "

I thought the only reliable way to discern a mans sexual preference was the decorate-renovate scale (if a man has swatches of fabric lying around "just in case I need to get paint, fabric, etc." vs. number of power tools).

I guess if you've color coordinated your power tools nobody is off limits.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    [B]

I guess if you've color coordinated your power tools nobody is off limits.
    it's a bit tough not to color-coordinate your powertools if you prefer a certain manufacturer.

Stanley is always in smashing yellow and black while Messrs Black & Decker prefer the basic black with occasional highlights of red or orange. Makita however insists on wearing icky green.
    Originally posted by seboditz
    Makita however insists on wearing icky green.
    It's a turquoise, i believe. I like it because it stands out. In my father's workshop I could easily find the best drill. (Not that he lets me borrow his tools tho.)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    You are confusing use with function.
    Nope. I'm talking about effective use _and_ function. Truly the only function of a gun is to fire a projectile out of the barrel at a given speed. What you put at the terminal vector of the bullets path (or whether or not you ever even fire the thing) is wholly up the individual. You still haven't answered any of the questions, though. Never mind, though, this is pointless since we can't even agree on the general premises, and you can't get beyond your own prejudices in determining yours.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Well... I suppose with anti-gun it could be a certain ID suppression... but with gun-lovers it is undoubtedly a castration-fear complex.
    Nah...more like being concerned about castration when Lorena Bobbitt is your wife.
    And, as it turns out, quite a few Fruedians believe that homophobia is best described in terms of the castration complex...
    Sure, but Freud also said that fear of guns was a sign of sexual immaturity. Treat guns like penises. As long as I'm not whipping mine out in public or harrassing anyone with it, it's none of your business. Again, I say that being scared that the average gun owner is going to shoot you is pretty much equal with being scared that the average homosexual is going to bugger you. We could draw more parallels, but I'm going ADD on this line now, methinks.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  13.    #593  
    Since the world is apparently populated with psychiatrists (and lawyers, but that's a different discussion - or this one in a page or two), what does Freud say about male ear piercing? Just curious (rather like reading character assessments based on astrological sign - it'll be interesting to see how close to the mark he is).
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Since the world is apparently populated with psychiatrists (and lawyers, but that's a different discussion - or this one in a page or two), what does Freud say about male ear piercing? Just curious (rather like reading character assessments based on astrological sign - it'll be interesting to see how close to the mark he is).
    I'm sure it would have something to do with sex and it would be negative. The secret to understanding Freudians is that everything is about sex and the repression or expression thereof (unless it dealt with himself, e.g. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." ). Whether or not a certain thing is negative or positive when it is repressed/expressed is a function of the personal bias of that Freudian. IOW, most Freud is a Fraud. Anytime I hear someone talking about phallic symbols or ***** envy, it flips the bullsh*t switch in my head and I automatically discount nearly anything they have to say (unless of course _I'm_ the one saying it ))) ).
    "Anytime I hear someone talking about phallic symbols or ***** envy, it flips the bullsh*t switch in my head and I automatically discount nearly anything they have to say (unless of course _I'm_ the one saying it ))) )."

So your picture of Dogbert with his blantantly erect ears has nothing or everything to do with your feelings about your own sexualty?

(what exactly is he looking at anyway?)
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    So your picture of Dogbert with his blantantly erect ears has nothing or everything to do with your feelings about your own sexualty?
    Exactly!
    (what exactly is he looking at anyway?)
    A newspaper. I never really thought about it further than that, but I suppose it might make an interesting projective drawing interpretation aid. Let's all tell stories about what we think Dogbert is reading that is causing such a reaction. Our answers will then be given to a panel of Freudians who will interpret them and tell us that our answers mean we want to have sex with our mothers.
    "A newspaper. I never really thought about it further than that, but I suppose it might make an interesting projective drawing interpretation aid. Let's all tell stories about what we think Dogbert is reading that is causing such a reaction. Our answers will then be given to a panel of Freudians who will interpret them and tell us that our answers mean we want to have sex with our mothers."

How do you feel about that?
    How do you feel about that?
    It really makes my ears stand up.
    ...and how does that make you feel?

Anybody talks about my mother and sex in the same sentence is going to feel toothless, regardless of how well edumacated he/she is! (I feel that people who will take advice from a stranger on how they should feel about themselves/their lives could probably get more effective advice from reading the lyrics from an old Styx album.)
    ...and how does that make you feel?

Anybody talks about my mother and sex in the same sentence is going to feel toothless, regardless of how well edumacated he/she is! (I feel that people who will take advice from a stranger on how they should feel about themselves/their lives could probably get more effective advice from reading the lyrics from an old Styx album.)
    Are you sure this paragraph is not some cry for help. I think it just shows that you have some supressed feelings about your mother. It's okay. Just admit it
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?