1.    #1  
    Went to see this movie with some friends last night, it's a damn good movie. Kind of a tear jerker, I'll admit my eyes got watery. Now that I am admitting things, in 2nd grade I gave myself a nosebleed by picking my nose during an assembly. Yeah, so there.

Go see it, it kicks arse.
    1 out of every 3 baby ducklings are born without the protective membrane on the bottom of their webbed feet that enables them to survive in the water because of acid rain.
    1 out of 5 are born without heads.
    You can't make this stuff up... or can you?
  2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    While I thought the production values were excellent, I found it difficult to identify with the main character. He didn't demonstrate much growth throughout the movie -- they essentially expected the audience to accept at face value the premise of the movie (that the robot kid has true emotions, or at least love) without much evidence based on the kid's behavior (this is not to criticize Osment's performance, which was good, but rather the writing/directing). I felt the teddy bear was more human than the boy. Plus, if you accept the premise that these new A.I.s are human-like with 'real' emotions, doesn't that make David a murderer later in the film? Either way, it's hard to identify with him (although I may be in the minority, since there were a lot of people bawling at the end of the movie)
    The movie is worth seeing but it is a trumped up modern version of Pinocchio. I just want the technology that allows the kid to basically remain "whole" for 4,000 years and then I'd never have to upgrade my PDA's.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    It was an okay movie, I agree Teddy seemed to be the most intelligent & emotional character in the whole film. I personally thought it would have ended better when he jumps from the building...sending a message rather than kinda "Oh look! His Mommy did love him all this time!"
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    It was an okay movie, I agree Teddy seemed to be the most intelligent & emotional character in the whole film. I personally thought it would have ended better when he jumps from the building...sending a message rather than kinda "Oh look! His Mommy did love him all this time!"
    I thought it would end right there, it would have been a better ending. Too much spielberg, not enough kubrick.
    1 out of every 3 baby ducklings are born without the protective membrane on the bottom of their webbed feet that enables them to survive in the water because of acid rain.
    1 out of 5 are born without heads.
    You can't make this stuff up... or can you?