1.    #1  
    It can't be any more official than this, President (soon to be) Barrack Obama officially snubbed the DLC (for those of you that don't know, the DLC is the corporate wing of the Democratic party). We (Democrats) are moving strongly with this election towards moving our Party back to our working class base and I couldn't be happier!

Centrist Democrats gather, sans Barack Obama

OH! Happy days!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    It can't be any more official than this, President (soon to be) Barrack Obama officially snubbed the DLC (for those of you that don't know, the DLC is the corporate wing of the Democratic party). We (Democrats) are moving strongly with this election towards moving our Party back to our working class base and I couldn't be happier!

Centrist Democrats gather, sans Barack Obama

OH! Happy days!

I read about this weeks ago... obama decided to consolidate the efforts.

We will see how it works out....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Meanwhile, as the general election gets under way, Obama shifts to the right - on FISA and telecom immunity, gun control, NAFTA, and capital punishment. But that's okay, as long as he stays away from those evil big corporations and their lobbyists.
    and as long as he continues to get support from GE, a very evil and very big corporation and as a side note, it employees the most lobbyists of any company in DC.

Back to the working class? The democrat party has no common thread - take a look at the extremist groups it attracts and supports.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    and as long as he continues to get support from GE, a very evil and very big corporation and as a side note, it employees the most lobbyists of any company in DC.

Back to the working class? The democrat party has no common thread - take a look at the extremist groups it attracts and supports.
    Extremists? You mean like the fundamentalists the the republican party attracts and supports?

Geez...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Not at all would one call them extremists. These groups though to the far right do not hold the country hostage as those of the far left such as the "environmentalists." Have you looked at the definition of a fundamentalist?

Again, the democrat party has no common thread. Geez
    Not at all would one call them extremists.
    What? Take a look at this...

http://www.google.com/search?q=chris...ient=firefox-a

Not everything you read on the Internet can be taken at face value but I'd be willing to guarantee that at least two or three of those 289,000 results are legitimate.

These groups though to the far right do not hold the country hostage
    You're right! Fundamentalists blow up abortion clinics and commit other heinous acts in the name of 'God'. That's about as extreme as one can get.

Again, I point to http://www.google.com/search?q=chris...ient=firefox-a

as those of the far left such as the "environmentalists."
    I'm an environmentalist and I've never held anyone hostage let alone an entire nation. Push for change so that the planet may survive beyond the current generation? Of course.

Have you looked at the definition of a fundamentalist?
    Yep. Must've been the same place you found the definition for 'Environmentalist'.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    ... GE, a very evil ... corporation
    Quit watching O'Rielly, it will rot your brain.
    The BIG difference here though is that conservatives as a vast majority do not condone the actions of the very far right. I do not condone abortion and I DO NOT condone bombing a clinic. The taking of a life by such a group must be dealt with firmly.

Look at what PITA does, Green Peace, and other far left groups - the same is not quite as true.

I also consider myself to be an environmentalist, though not of the far left type. When I went camping and hunting when younger, I always cleaned up after myself and never left a trace of anything. All trash was carried out, nothing left. Shooting for fun? I always took a rifle, shotgun, and/or pistol, but never shot unless necessary. For me hunting was a stroll with a gun, rarely shot it.

As for the planet surviving? Now that is must plain unsupported. The changes we are seeing occur in cycles - we have little if anything to do with it. The earth warms and cools due to things due to axis changes, sun spot activity, et cetera. The ocean is actually cooler now that it has been for the past several years. The north pole shifted by something like 2 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    What? Take a look at this...

http://www.google.com/search?q=chris...ient=firefox-a

Not everything you read on the Internet can be taken at face value but I'd be willing to guarantee that at least two or three of those 289,000 results are legitimate.

You're right! Fundamentalists blow up abortion clinics and commit other heinous acts in the name of 'God'. That's about as extreme as one can get.

Again, I point to http://www.google.com/search?q=chris...ient=firefox-a

I'm an environmentalist and I've never held anyone hostage let alone an entire nation. Push for change so that the planet may survive beyond the current generation? Of course.

Yep. Must've been the same place you found the definition for 'Environmentalist'.
    The BIG difference here though is that conservatives as a vast majority do not condone the actions of the very far right.[...]Look at what PITA does, Green Peace, and other far left groups - the same is not quite as true.
    Generalizations are pretty lame, ay? I do not condone the far left anymore then I condone the far right, thanks.

I also consider myself to be an environmentalist, though not of the far left type. When I went camping and hunting when younger, I always cleaned up after myself and never left a trace of anything. All trash was carried out, nothing left. Shooting for fun? I always took a rifle, shotgun, and/or pistol, but never shot unless necessary. For me hunting was a stroll with a gun, rarely shot it.
    So we have something in common although I don't feel a need to carry a gun in the forests in my area. Wonderful! Bipartisan commonality!

As for the planet surviving? Now that is must plain unsupported. The changes we are seeing occur in cycles - we have little if anything to do with it. The earth warms and cools due to things due to axis changes, sun spot activity, et cetera. The ocean is actually cooler now that it has been for the past several years. The north pole shifted by something like 2 degrees.
    One of the many theories regarding global climate change. However you slice it, our stupidity isn't helping.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Taking it a bit further. Are you aware of any "right" wing people heckling a president? Left wing people do it all the time. When a left wing person heckles an important person from the left, that person gets the taser.

We train our children not interrupt, to be polite, to let other people talk before starting. We grow older and now it is a 1st amendment thing and yet nobody from the left ever regards the right of the person being heckled to speak.
    I feel I need to add a little of my opinion...

Taking it a bit further. Are you aware of any "right" wing people heckling a president? Left wing people do it all the time. When a left wing person heckles an important person from the left, that person gets the taser.
    "Are you aware of any "right" wing people heckling a president?"

Actually, yes, of a matter of fact. I would not expect a majority of "rights" to heckle the President, but I do know a decent amount of people that label themselves as conservatives that believe that President Bush is a bad representation of an American.

"Left wing people do it all the time."

Are we generalizing a bit much? I only heckle the President because he is doing a **** poor job. Of a matter of fact, there are a few things that Obama is doing that I absolutely dislike.

To be honest, I have only seen a few politicians that are deserving of not being heckled by myself.

"When a left wing person heckles an important person from the left, that person gets the taser."

And the same can be said for the right. Let us see: William Clinton, Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi. I am fairly confident that I have heard many people from the right chew these people out.

We train our children not interrupt, to be polite, to let other people talk before starting. We grow older and now it is a 1st amendment thing and yet nobody from the left ever regards the right of the person being heckled to speak.
    So untrue (the statement "yet nobody from the left ever regards the right of the person being heckled to speak"). I am sorry, but I am the proof that your statement is flawed. While I may be more moderate than anything, I would consider myself more "left" than "right."

I really cannot see how you consider the Westboro Baptist Church to be the slightest bit polite.

Personally, I believe that people get way too worked up about how they affiliate themselves with political parties and beliefs. It seems that people have come to believe that their affiliation is the only thing that is correct and that those with opposing views are the enemies.
    This is one of those arguments that will never be resolved, and certainly not in an internet forum. The simply fact is that people associate themselves with political party, and then demonize those from opposing parties. (Those who have read 1984 can draw some interesting parallels.)

What strikes me as sad is that, when you get right down to it, most folks belong to a political affiliation because their parents and family have passed on their political values, and it is heretical that someone deviates from the family norms.

It might be interesting if folks took a moment to ask yourself: do I have these beliefs because I've really taken the time to think through both sides of the argument, or is it (like being a Yankees fan or a specific religious affiliation) that I've been brought up not to question the views of the left/right? How would I be received by my loved ones if my political beliefs shifted to "the other side"? Would it be similar to if I converted religions?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I was born and raised a democrat. The swing the party took to the left and the glorification of Clinton led me to switch parties.

A clarification on the heckling part - a normal "left" wing person is not to be confused with the typically protrayed "far left" or "far right" person and I apologize for that. What we see in the press does neither party any good and when one heckles during a speech, the rights of the speaker are not respected.

A bit over a year ago I attended a gathering at a local university. There was a conservative and a liberal invited to speak. The liberal went first and was not interrupted. The conservative went 2nd and never spoke. Free speech? Not at all.
    A bit over a year ago I attended a gathering at a local university. There was a conservative and a liberal invited to speak. The liberal went first and was not interrupted. The conservative went 2nd and never spoke. Free speech? Not at all.
    But do not use that example as a means to generalize about individuals. Just because one liberal prevented a conservative from speaking does not mean that all liberals are the same way.

To counter, I have seen Bill O'Reilly completely prevent a guest psychologist from speaking. Every time she opened her mouth he shouted over her telling her that she knew absolutely nothing about the topic at hand (she has a PhD and appeared to, by the amount of talking that O'Reilly actually allowed and by my own first hand experience, know a great deal about the topic). Now, I understand that Bill O'Reilly (and some of the other talk show hosts) might be considered on the extreme, but I do not use him as a way to generalize about conservatives.

I want people to understand that "conservative" and "liberal" are just labels. It seems way to common that people attack other people based on their political label and not their actual beliefs.
    I was born and raised a democrat. The swing the party took to the left and the glorification of Clinton led me to switch parties.

A clarification on the heckling part - a normal "left" wing person is not to be confused with the typically protrayed "far left" or "far right" person and I apologize for that. What we see in the press does neither party any good and when one heckles during a speech, the rights of the speaker are not respected.

Many 'conservatives' (and probably some 'liberals', too) heckled Hilary Clinton during campaign stops in more conservative states just because she was a woman so I say, yes, 'right-wingers' do heckle.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Many 'conservatives' (and probably some 'liberals', too) heckled Hilary Clinton during campaign stops in more conservative states just because she was a woman so I say, yes, 'right-wingers' do heckle.
    Yes, we have idiots/zealots/morons on both sides... I'd guess we all know someone that goes to the extreme on one side or another...

Interesting enough, there were a couple of times that bill clinton was heckled for one thing or another while president....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001