1.    #1  
    Well it took me awhile but I got there.

--David
    Yeah, I hit 100 about 20 posts ago and did the same thing you did, posted about it. Of course, the moderaters locked the thread. Not sure why, I guess they felt it was pointless.

Anyway, pretty cool hitting a 100.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Yeah, I wish they would have explained why they locked it. I didn't see any harm in it...it is the Off Topic forum.

Congrats recordond!
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    It is kinda weird ... asmed's 100th Post thread didn't get locked, why should GSR13's?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Definately a conspiracy. I know Bill Gates is behind this, I know it.

I will just have to celebrate in this thread instead of my own.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    My guess is that someone used some other VC member's name, which, at the time of that thread, was taboo.
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    My guess is that someone used some other VC member's name, which, at the time of that thread, was taboo.
    I do not want to start any trouble, but can you explain what you mean? I have read and reread my original post and see nothing out of the ordinary in it.

Here is the post:

100TH Post

Now you really have me curious.
    Originally posted by GSR13:
    I do not want to start any trouble, but can you explain what you mean? I have read and reread my original post and see nothing out of the ordinary in it.

Look at the last word of the last post in the thread.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by GSR13
    Of course, the moderaters locked the thread. Not sure why...
    For starters, I didn't lock the thread nor do I know who did or why...

That said, I think the reason it probably got closed was the reference to another member.

Originally posted by K. Cannon
    That, to me, could have been construed as flame bait. I'm not saying it was intended to be... just perceived as such. I've seen enough of these types of references turn into all out flame wars.

We don't arbitrarily close threads (nor do we need to justify why when we do). The bottom line is that we want to keep VisorCentral from becoming a free-for-all. I've said this before, even though there's an Off-Topic forum doesn't mean anything goes. There's necessary limits to what we can allow to go on in here. In the end, it's what sets VC apart from other forums.

As for the post milestone threads, I kind of enjoy them myself. I even think it would be nice to acknowledge the milestones somehow (perhaps with differing user titles other than 'Member' like I've seen on other boards). In the end, however, post count means nothing... it's quality, not quantity.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...