Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Israel Conducted War Games, U.S. Officials Report

So if Israel bomb, bomb, bomb, .... bomb, bombs Iran's nuclear program, what's the fallout?

We've got hundreds of thousands of troops right there! Trying to maintain law and order and fight a shadow enemy in Iraq and fighting an increasingly large armed force in Afghanistan. WTF is gonna happen then. I'll tell you what is gonna happen, all hell is gonna break loose on our men and women over there and we will be the targets of Middle East rage by Israel's actions.

This is no good. No damn good at all.

yeah, hanh?
    And we all know that if the dude gets the bomb, he will not hesitate to make himself a martyr - which is more preferable to you? Sit and do nothing? Sitting and doing nothing equates to war.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Israel Conducted War Games, U.S. Officials Report

So if Israel bomb, bomb, bomb, .... bomb, bombs Iran's nuclear program, what's the fallout?
    The clip of McCain doing that "joke" was shown on TV here last night. Even the BBC newsreader looked shocked. I would have thought it showed him to either be drunk or a psychopath; either way not fit for office. But experience shows that democracies seem to be electing idiots these days, so time to get into the body-bag business I guess.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And we all know that if the dude gets the bomb, he will not hesitate to make himself a martyr - which is more preferable to you? Sit and do nothing? Sitting and doing nothing equates to war.
    Well don't elect the dude then!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    ISreal has the right to defend itself. If Iran gets the bomb how safe would you feel in isreal, America and just about everywhere. they have come out and stated they will wipe Isreal off the map. WHy dont people say anything when they say that. If Isreal say they will destory a Nuclear plant people say somehting. Iran say "We will destroy Isreal , We will destory America" and you dont hear anyone complain. Unfrikken real.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    ISreal has the right to defend itself. If Iran gets the bomb how safe would you feel in isreal, America and just about everywhere. they have come out and stated they will wipe Isreal off the map. WHy dont people say anything when they say that. If Isreal say they will destory a Nuclear plant people say somehting. Iran say "We will destroy Isreal , We will destory America" and you dont hear anyone complain. Unfrikken real.
    Touche!
    Iran gets the bomb, distributes to other terrorists and then no one is safe, whether he carries through on his threat to wipe out Israel or not. Israel's self-interest is our self-interests.
  9.    #9  
    Wow. What dude are you talking about? Is every country reduced to a single person villain in your view of the world?
    Iran.
  11.    #11  
    ISreal has the right to defend itself.
    Of course it does. BUT it seems to me Israel is taking advantage of the fact that the entire US military is in the region. I think Israel wouldn't conceive of striking Iran if the US weren't there. So when US troops take the brunt of this backlash from this attack, you thank Israel for considering us.
  12.    #12  
    Iran gets the bomb, distributes to other terrorists and then no one is safe, whether he carries through on his threat to wipe out Israel or not.
    Your statement just equated Iran to terrorists. Do you listen to what you say? Do you understand the region being discussed? Can you even locate it on a map? Do you know who the leadership of Iran is? Is the gov't secular or religious based? Does population the lean towards secularism?

Israel's self-interest is our self-interests.
    No it's not and has never been. Anyone with half a brain cell can see, with the benefit of hind-sight, that the artificial creation of Israel was a dumb *** idea. But this thread should not divert to this debate.

The question is; is Israel being a friend to America by making such an attack on that large a military while our troops are in the region and more likely to take the blowback than Israel itself?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ISreal has the right to defend itself.
    Remember the Suez crisis. Israel is not above doing favours for other powers that want to appear innocent and moral.
    Oh sure , but this one is ISreal doing it for themselves. SUre the US will be pleased and happy about it. And ofcourse they wouldnt do it without US permission. Cant be nieve about that. But Isreal has attacked in self defense other mideast nations before US troops were scattered around the Mideast like they are now. Isreal could care less about US troops in the area. But your right it will draw the US into the fight. In my opinon ( and mine only , I dont speak for anyone) this is the battle that should have been taken on instead of Iraq. Iran has been the major force behind terrorism for decades. They are responsible for killing more US troops and civilians then any other nation before 9-11. We should have dealt with the Iranians years ago. Now its much harder and will casue alot of innocent lives. And ofcourse there is the great citizens of Iran who are all inncoent of what there goverment does. The Iranian citizens and Americans could be the best of friends in a perfect world. We shall see , I for one dont want bloodshed and innocent lives taken. But this is a battle that has been brewing since the iran hostage situation and both the US and Isreal will NEVER aloow a nuclear Iran. so if Iran keeps on its course of becomeing a nuclear state the attack is enevitable and the whole middle east will be on flames. this will be WW3 on a greater scale becasuse of the nukes involved. AGain lets hope that peace pervails but lets not kid ourselves.
    Oh sure , but this one is ISreal doing it for themselves. SUre the US will be pleased and happy about it. And ofcourse they wouldnt do it without US permission. Cant be nieve about that. But Isreal has attacked in self defense other mideast nations before US troops were scattered around the Mideast like they are now. Isreal could care less about US troops in the area. But your right it will draw the US into the fight. In my opinon ( and mine only , I dont speak for anyone) this is the battle that should have been taken on instead of Iraq. Iran has been the major force behind terrorism for decades. They are responsible for killing more US troops and civilians then any other nation before 9-11. We should have dealt with the Iranians years ago. Now its much harder and will casue alot of innocent lives. And ofcourse there is the great citizens of Iran who are all inncoent of what there goverment does. The Iranian citizens and Americans could be the best of friends in a perfect world. We shall see , I for one dont want bloodshed and innocent lives taken. But this is a battle that has been brewing since the iran hostage situation and both the US and Isreal will NEVER aloow a nuclear Iran. so if Iran keeps on its course of becomeing a nuclear state the attack is enevitable and the whole middle east will be on flames. this will be WW3 on a greater scale becasuse of the nukes involved. AGain lets hope that peace pervails but lets not kid ourselves.

I bet you can't wait for mccain to get in office!

Yes, I'm sure Iran is the big supporter of terrorists in the middle east!

But we won't talk about Israel and their terrorist activities.

Someone will eventually bomb Israel because Israel leaves their enemies around to continue the fight.

And it won't be WW anything... it will be just like any other time that Israel has attacked one of their neighbors... same old routine. I'd not be surprised if Iran did not launch their own attack against Israel if attacked this time. I doubt if the US will get involved... outside of supplies and such....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    "America and just about everywhere. they have come out and stated they will wipe Isreal off the map. WHy dont people say anything when they say that. If Isreal say they will destory a Nuclear plant people say somehting. Iran say "We will destroy Isreal , We will destory America" and you dont hear anyone complain. Unfrikken real."

Hit the nail on the head. An attack by Israel on Iran might turn the middle east into a "ball of fire", but what do those who oppose Israel's attack say if Iran attacks Israel first? What, pray tell, is your response to THAT scenario. I'd love to hear it.

Wouldn't US soldiers STILL bear the brunt if and/or when that happens?

Iran's intentions are clear. Wipe Israel off the map. What's the solution? Pull all of our military out of the region and watch Iran attack from a point of safety?

Any stooge with half a brain cell can make the connection that iran's statement regarding israel's removal from the map is not exactly a harmless gesture.
    I am sure you are not serious about what you have written. Israel and their terrorist activities? Why is it that those Palestinians living within Israel's borders have a better standard of living, better health care, a real future. Would you rather live in the Gaza strip or Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

I bet you can't wait for mccain to get in office!

Yes, I'm sure Iran is the big supporter of terrorists in the middle east!

But we won't talk about Israel and their terrorist activities.

Someone will eventually bomb Israel because Israel leaves their enemies around to continue the fight.

And it won't be WW anything... it will be just like any other time that Israel has attacked one of their neighbors... same old routine. I'd not be surprised if Iran did not launch their own attack against Israel if attacked this time. I doubt if the US will get involved... outside of supplies and such....
    I am sure you are not serious about what you have written. Israel and their terrorist activities? Why is it that those Palestinians living within Israel's borders have a better standard of living, better health care, a real future. Would you rather live in the Gaza strip or Israel?
    No, I'm not serious... and I don't think you are either....

Israel is not the "innocent" country they portray... or some make them out. Some things they do are downright evil. Do some reading....

Palestinians... I have no idea were they are happier at... but with a certain country providing daily air attacks into gaza, having snipers kill children while the kids are in school (oopppsss accident, sorry), and having tanks destroy buildings, guess I'd not want to live in gaza.

If I were running Israel, gaza strip would not exist...

Israel needs to "grow a pair" as a country. Sooner or later their neighbors will tire of Israel launching attacks against them... sooner or later, one of Israels "missions" will be a major failure... sooner or later someone will launch a retaliatory attack against Israel and it won't be nice.

The US won't do anything as long as so many countries back Iran.... it will amount to nothing but a proxy war... lol... sorry, but no chance of a ww on this one... not over Israel anyway.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Why would a title of a thread be "(if) Israel Bombs Iran ..." instead of just "If Israel Bombs Iran ..."?
    DA, I was there when I was much younger.

Creation of Israel was dumb idea, but no body wanted it until the Jews were settled, then everyone wanted it.

The existence of Israel and its history speaks of the determination of the people of Israel to defend themselves when no one else was willing to get involved. If/when Israel strikes, the US may take a hit, no doubt about it. I hope that our government maintains its efforts to minimize the possibility/damage done through increased security and monitoring instead of meeting with...

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Your statement just equated Iran to terrorists. Do you listen to what you say? Do you understand the region being discussed? Can you even locate it on a map? Do you know who the leadership of Iran is? Is the gov't secular or religious based? Does population the lean towards secularism?

No it's not and has never been. Anyone with half a brain cell can see, with the benefit of hind-sight, that the artificial creation of Israel was a dumb *** idea. But this thread should not divert to this debate.

The question is; is Israel being a friend to America by making such an attack on that large a military while our troops are in the region and more likely to take the blowback than Israel itself?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast