Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Based on a suggestion in this thread, post a quote-of-the-day here!
    any kind of quote, hopefully somehow relevant to the Visor, VisorCentral, events or threads on the discussion board, or to yourself.

Some friendly ground rules:
    -please post only once per day.
    -please turn off signature for clarity.
    -repeats are bad form, though acceptable.
    -attribution is nice but not required.

and now, to get the ball rolling --

(From Monty Python's Flying Circus, episode 43)
    Psychiatrist (Graham Chapman): (picking up a skull) Now do the bit about 'Alas poor Yorick ...'
    Hamlet (Terry Jones): No. I'm sick of it! I want to do something else. I want to make something of my life.
    Psychiatrist: No. I don't know that bit.
    "I'm sorry for all the trouble I have caused so many people. I must admit that I lied to the American people. I did have sex with Lewinsky. I did ask her to lie to the judicial inquiry. I thought I could get away with it. I was wrong. I am sorry."
    -William Jefferson Clinton
    "A person is smart, people are dumb."
    K - Men in Black
    The one who dies with the most toys wins!
    Education is about the only thing lying around loose in the world, and it's about the only thing a fellow can have as much of as he's willing to haul away. -- George Lorimer
    In its farewell performance...my sig...
    "I think the Republicans and Democrats are both just selling us the same bag of sh-t with different colors on it. [...] In the big picture, the Republicans and Democrats don't have a clue. They don't have any intention of solving any of our problems. Their only plan is to get re-elected." - Mojo Nixon
    Last edited by Toby; 07/03/2001 at 08:42 AM.
    As the Officially Annointed DNRC Quote Chooser (OADNRCQC), I must warn the reader that these quotes are not endorsed as the daily quote, but rather are simply preferred quotes. Official Daily Quotes Shall be posted here, on a sporadic basic (hey, I'm busy, right), though increasingly regular after I get hitched. These quotes shall be exclusively picked from VC members & mods, and will be of the highest quality, just like the OADNRCQC
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    As the Officially Annointed DNRC Quote Chooser (OADNRCQC), I must warn the reader that these quotes are not endorsed as the daily quote, but rather are simply preferred quotes. Official Daily Quotes Shall be posted here, on a sporadic basic (hey, I'm busy, right), though increasingly regular after I get hitched. These quotes shall be exclusively picked from VC members & mods, and will be of the highest quality, just like the OADNRCQC
    As VCRQM (Visor Central Resident Quote Maven), I am trying to ignore the heresy of both dietrichbohn and yorick. However, I am willing to ignore these acts of trechery, assuming they will do all of the work in picking the quotes.
    Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
    -- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987
    Originally posted by K. Cannon

As VCRQM (Visor Central Resident Quote Maven), I am trying to ignore the heresy of both dietrichbohn and yorick. However, I am willing to ignore these acts of trechery, assuming they will do all of the work in picking the quotes.
    KC, if you look back here You'll note that I have given you equal status to myself. I also suggest that Yorick, being dead himself, is best suited to choosing quotes that are from dead people (read: non-VC users), whilst you and I are in charge of VC quote choosing, here

...so many threads.... ACK ACK!!

how long can we keep this up before we get smacked?
    Yep, you're right--plus I actually have to get some work done now.

So, (ON topic, for once)

Margaret Atwood:
    "Everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."
    how long can we keep this up before we get smacked?
    Not Very Long.

I'm Sorry, Mods.

Pretty short reign....
    "Where ever you go, there you are"
    - Buckaroo Banzai
    "When in doubt, RUN NEKID THROUGH THE PERIWINKLE!!" Opus of Bloom County
    "For that score, I'm gonna give you an F. Only because I can't give you a G. That guy in that back, he should get an H." - Will Smith
    Being as how, at least in the USA, tomorrow is celebrated as Independence Day, the state motto of New Hampshire comes to mind:

"Live Free or Die!" (exclamation point added)
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net
    Make 7
    Up Yours
    "We may have weeks...we may have hours...but sooner or later, we push up flowers." Quote from the PC game Grim Fandango
    "Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift which is why they call it the Present."

-A Wise Man

P.S. I thought it was only supposed to be 1 quote a day?
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    As VCRQM (Visor Central Resident Quote Maven), I am trying to ignore the heresy of both dietrichbohn and yorick.

yeah, sorry, I was out of my head last night.

I also suggest that Yorick, being dead himself

{i am} a dead man miss him MISS HIM MISS HIM
    (I'll let someone else try to figure out where that paraphrase came from)

is best suited to choosing quotes that are from dead people (read: non-VC users), whilst you and I are in charge of VC quote choosing,

okay, okay, I'll get off my high horse now.
    {wooooahhh!} {crump!} hey! why is there an open grave here?

Originally posted by Thunderbird291
    P.S. I thought it was only supposed to be 1 quote a day?

It is. recondond's other post is from yesterday.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast