Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    ...all expenses paid by the host of course
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    LOL
    When I was pondering posting these, my first thought was would I be pummeled for the personification of the coal, diamond or silver? My second thought was, if so, it would be by clulup
    Yeah, well, first I am not really into coal, diamond and silver motivational psychology too much, I don't know a lot about those things.

Second, I am not too big a fan of parables in general. They may serve to illustrate a certain idea, but mostly people confuse them with an argument speaking in favour of that idea.
    I am beginning to know you to well. It's time you invited me and my family to Switzerland for a visit...all expenses paid by the host of course
    Wait, you are a missionary so to say, so shouldn't one of your organisations pay the trip? Let's say if you can persuade me about the silver's preferences, I refund the expenses.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Back to topic then:

The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. ~Lynn Lavner

(No, I am not. But I still liked the quote )
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Wait, you are a missionary so to say, so shouldn't one of your organisations pay the trip? Let's say if you can persuade me about the silver's preferences, I refund the expenses.
    Deal. Now let me work on the funding....

All TC-ers who would like for clulup and I to get together to discuss silver and other assorted topics, please send donations to:

Sho-clulup
    P. O. Box 411
    United Nations, NY

Meanwhile
    "Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst."
    ~ C. S. Lewis

I was intrigued to find that this author, who is often quoted by religious people (especially christians), has a lot to say that many religious people I've encountered would balk at.
    "This one step, choosing a goal and sticking to it, changes everything."
    - Scott Reed
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    "Holy Crap"
    - Frank from Everybody Loves Raymond
    "don't start none, won't be none"
    -James Brown
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Stupid Quail quote:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or to never have a mind as being very wasteful".

Wow.........

How do you get this from "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" - uff...
    Last edited by treo2die4; 05/20/2005 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Stupid Quail quote:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or to never have a mind as being very wasteful".

Wow.........

How do you get this from "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" - uff...
    That's Deep!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Consciousness: That annoying time between naps. --???
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    "He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know."
    Lao-tzu
    "If you knew all the joy I feel in being able to speak to you to-day, I think you would have some idea of the value of speech to the deaf, and you would understand why I want every little deaf child in all this great world to have an opportunity to learn to speak."
    -- Helen Keller
    He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead. --???
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    "Lies are designed to get for you that which you do not deserve"
    ~ Timothy McLean
    "Who me"?
    my brother
    "My cadillac converter isn't working properly"
    -- One of my staff after the catalytic converter on her Chev was diagnosed as faulty.
    "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!"
    Dave Barry
    "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance. --???
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover