Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    War? The US has the reserves, just not the resources and it is due only to politics and lunatics.
    This is very true... although, the larger reserve fields are put aside for military (or government use?) only. Actually, it is said getting oil from those fields would be expensive, they are left for a shtf moment. (New tech may make it less expensive now though...)
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Ok, at what point though do we say enough is enough. The blame from my viewpoint is more the Democrat party and, well enough said there. However, Bush has done a lousy job in this area also and he and the last 3 presidents should have made energy a premium. The statements about the environment and harm just do not hold up to the current history/technology of the industry.

Yesterday while working a woman asked why food prices were as high as they were and going up; I provided the answer, which did not make her happy. I also stated that our problem really was with those that we elected to represent us; her answer: she blamed Bush. Little does she know the last 3 presidents did nothing and little does she realize the Democrat party is continuing to block our energy needs and little does she know that Obama wants the price to go higher. He can fly his friends in to play basketball, we though struggle to work.
    Ok, at what point though do we say enough is enough. The blame from my viewpoint is more the Democrat party and, well enough said there. However, Bush has done a lousy job in this area also and he and the last 3 presidents should have made energy a premium. The statements about the environment and harm just do not hold up to the current history/technology of the industry.

Yesterday while working a woman asked why food prices were as high as they were and going up; I provided the answer, which did not make her happy. I also stated that our problem really was with those that we elected to represent us; her answer: she blamed Bush. Little does she know the last 3 presidents did nothing and little does she realize the Democrat party is continuing to block our energy needs and little does she know that Obama wants the price to go higher. He can fly his friends in to play basketball, we though struggle to work.
    All I see is this administration and the Republican politicians doing MORE of the bidding of the Oil Industry while they make record profits? Absurd!

Calling Obama "Hussein", now he's flying his friends in to play basketball...lmao. Let me guess, you only love hockey. Your definitely the angry old far to right guy.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Ok, at what point though do we say enough is enough.
    Depends on what you are talking about... which reserves? Obviously you can't be talking about all of them.

The blame from my viewpoint is more the Democrat party and, well enough said there.
    Really? I'm surprised you said that!

However, Bush has done a lousy job in this area also and he and the last 3 presidents should have made energy a premium. The statements about the environment and harm just do not hold up to the current history/technology of the industry.
    I agree... with the first part... second part, I'm not so sure....

Democrat party is continuing to block our energy needs and little does she know that Obama wants the price to go higher. He can fly his friends in to play basketball, we though struggle to work.
    Nice one Ben.

Oh, and maybe if you spent less time online rambling on then you might not "struggle to work."

And even if alaska was open, we would still see high gas prices... but I refuse to get into a serious debate with you about that... I know it will be a waste of time.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    This is very true... although, the larger reserve fields are put aside for military (or government use?) only. Actually, it is said getting oil from those fields would be expensive, they are left for a shtf moment. (New tech may make it less expensive now though...)
    Which fields are put aside for military (or government use?) only? Is there any infrastructure at these fields to allow gaining access to this oil? If so, is it maintained?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Get out of your fracking car.
    I concede that apparently we are. Keep it up America!

Americans drive 1.4 billion fewer highway miles
    All I see is this administration and the Republican politicians doing MORE of the bidding of the Oil Industry while they make record profits? Absurd!
    Okay, let's let Walmart do the drilling. Or Target, Macy's, or maybe even your local Mom & Pop Co.
    Theog, I am glad you continue in your old manner. You continue to impress me. Thank you.

Drilling in Alaska is better than doing nothing, which is what is being done now. Obama wants change, change, change and when it comes to energy, he wants nothing done, other than raise taxes and that affects all of us. Drilling now at least answers the immediate problem, in 10 years there is an exceedingly good chance our need for energy will have undergone some degree of change.
    He actually did fly his friends in to play basketball. As for hockey, not at all but you are welcome to continue the little comments - they fit you well. How am I angry? Please tell me how I am angry or what I am saying that is angry? Your statement shows far more anger than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Calling Obama "Hussein", now he's flying his friends in to play basketball...lmao. Let me guess, you only love hockey. Your definitely the angry old far to right guy.
    Record profits. The over all picture - have you looked to see what the companies are really making on the dollar? Is it as high as other companies, companies that many pension companies invest in. At least the oil companies are doing something with their money; the government continues to take and since the party of Obama had real problems with the selection process, what makes you think it can handle an important issue effectively or honestly? I am sure you are aware that Obama has changed his stance on public financing.

Record profits. The over all picture - have you looked to see what the companies are really making on the dollar?
    Unless folks suspect the oil companies' reports have been illegally or otherwise deceptively posted, I doubt it. Most folks read stuff and run with it. Heck, read some of the posts in this thread and you'll see it.

I wonder what folks really 'know' about profit 'margins' of companies in other industries. Note that I'm assuming all being equal as far as reporting is concerned.
    I am sure you are aware that Obama has changed his stance on public financing.
    Hell Yea! And I'm glad they did! For 2 reasons:

1) The Obama campaign will SLAUGHTER the McCain campaign in fund raising.

2) The point of Obama initially wanting to restrict the campaign to public financing was to avoid the Corporate Money, which his campaign has shown it is already doing. The Obama campaign is not driven by the usual Big Money that has screwed our system (see oil companies above). It's being driven by INDIVIDUALS. As in CITIZENS, contributing $20 to a candidate that will remove Corporatism and the DLC from the DNC and our government.

So hell Yea! Let the people vote with their change jars! It's time to remove the damage of K-Street including the DLC.
    See?
    DA, big oil is not allowed to contribute and has not for something like 100 years. Big money? Much of his money has been from special interest groups. Look at the support MoveOn.org gives him and that, sire, is a special interest group if there ever was one.

The Obama campaign may exceed McCain in financing; however, continuing to bring up Obama's associations, his constant misspeaks, his professing of ignorance about the people around him, everyone having to speak for him, his wife and her comments, the campaign's efforts to silence her and make her more likable, the outright lies from Whoopie and The View, the lack of hard questions both are asked, Obama's insistence that asking anything an explanation means the person asking is racist, DA, the list goes on and is ignored by the press. When people look at him and what he says and stands for, it is a totally different light that comes on.

Hell Yea! And I'm glad they did! For 2 reasons:

1) The Obama campaign will SLAUGHTER the McCain campaign in fund raising.

2) The point of Obama initially wanting to restrict the campaign to public financing was to avoid the Corporate Money, which his campaign has shown it is already doing. The Obama campaign is not driven by the usual Big Money that has screwed our system (see oil companies above). It's being driven by INDIVIDUALS. As in CITIZENS, contributing $20 to a candidate that will remove Corporatism and the DLC from the DNC and our government.

So hell Yea! Let the people vote with their change jars! It's time to remove the damage of K-Street including the DLC.
    "....however, continuing to bring up Obama's associations, his constant misspeaks, his professing of ignorance about the people around him, everyone having to speak for him, his wife and her comments, the campaign's efforts to silence her and make her more likable, the outright lies from Whoopie and The View, the lack of hard questions both are asked, Obama's insistence that asking anything an explanation means the person asking is racist, DA, the list goes on and is ignored by the press. When people look at him and what he says and stands for, it is a totally different light that comes on......"

-bclinger.

Yep. Definitely valid concerns, I'd say. There's a lot of racial anger just below the surface among many within obama's camp. (his wife and wright are exhibits a and b ) People want to talk about racism against Obama? Just look at the divisiveness exuding from those in HIS corner. THAT is racism. Yet no one wants to examine that. There's no way someone with supporters like that is getting my vote. No way in hell.

" whitey's greed " and all that mess.

let see, which is more dangerous here? whitey's greed or african american anger?

You choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Which fields are put aside for military (or government use?) only? Is there any infrastructure at these fields to allow gaining access to this oil? If so, is it maintained?
    For you, sure...

You more than likely already heard about it anyway.... shale oil....

http://www.dailyreckoning.com/rpt/OilShale.html

http://www.fossil.energy.gov/programs/reserves/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24057222/

Most of the nation's oil shale reserves rest under the control of the U.S. government - a legacy of a 95-year old Congressional Act. In 1910, Congress passed the Pickett Act, which authorized President Taft to set aside oil-bearing land in California and Wyoming as potential sources of fuel for the U.S. Navy.

Taft did so right away. The Navy was in the process of switching from coal burning ships to oil burning ships. And the U.S. military, conscious of the expanding role of America in the world, needed a dependable supply of fuel in case of a national emergency.

From 1910 to 1925 the Navy developed the Naval Petroleum and Oil Shale Reserves Program. The program became official in 1927 and President Roosevelt even expanded the scope of the program in 1942 as the U.S. geared up for war with Japan and Germany.
    I'd guess we also have other oil reserves that people don't know about. I wonder just how much is really shale oil (outside of our other reserves we all know about)....
    Last edited by theog; 06/20/2008 at 01:53 AM.
    Record profits. The over all picture - have you looked to see what the companies are really making on the dollar? Is it as high as other companies, companies that many pension companies invest in. At least the oil companies are doing something with their money; the government continues to take and since the party of Obama had real problems with the selection process, what makes you think it can handle an important issue effectively or honestly? I am sure you are aware that Obama has changed his stance on public financing.
    I never did believe in making stupid threats against a company's profits.

Unless there is something illegal going on, which there is not (or someone would have been ALL over it) then I can't see making a case to touch profits.

If I make "too much profit" this year, will the gov't decide to take more than what I'm taxed? Who stops them? What if I decide to not give it up?

Dumb idea.

Far as obama, of course he should have changed his mind. He would be an ***** to accept public financing. McSame had no choice... no one likes him so he has to beg the RNC and Govt for cash... even going so low as to begging bush to hold private fund raisers for him.

But if I had to list all the times mcsame changed his mind, I'd be here all night. Even the governor of FL changed his mind on offshore drilling yesterday or the day before yesterday to match mcsame.... of course the governor is in the running to be a potential VP... how convenient.

We won't even mention all the stuff on mcsame's website that he said "did not apply" to his campaingn and he was not promoting. Stuff on his own presidential site!

Of course he has slowly removed the information and changed it to stuff he will promote.

I'm wondering if he purchased the "presidential website package" from the RNC that you can leave as is or tweak to your tastes. Who in the heck built the site if it has stuff you don't agree with. Incredible.
    Yep. I also noted the changes there with McCain and Crist. McCain needs to work on his base - nobody is excited by him.
    Yep. I also noted the changes there with McCain and Crist. McCain needs to work on his base - nobody is excited by him.
    I was a bit excited about mccain when he first started... now I think I've leaned so far obama I can't go back to mccain.

There is a glimmer of hope for mccain, but not much.

After investigating him, listening to his speeches, and hearing his recent plans and ideas, I'm not sure if he should run this country.

To be honest, we really have two democrats in the running....
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast