Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    One plus I've found in all the latest goings on: I have a new appreciation for C-Span. Hearing from the candidates without an interruption from an expert telling me what they just said is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    on the surface, Pallin seems a clever pick. Young, attractive, a bit of a reformer (especially compared to the in disrepute Alaskan GOP), not from Washington -- and a woman.

It would appear that McCain had broken from expectations and chosen someone completely out of the precast mold of whom to have as VP.

I think I would have had her among my potential McCain picks -- except that I alredy knew vaguely about this "scandal". It seemed when I first read about it months ago, to exclude her absolutely.

Its the sort of scandal that is juicy in a National Enquirer kinda way. The kind that may make McCain's daliance with his mistress lobbyist "friend" have renewed resonance. The use of influence for personal ends and advantage. An abuse of power and authority for personal not governmental objectives.

Trapped still within my secluded cave hideout -- I have not yet had a chance to see the intial talking head coverage -- nor can I access the intertube to research it for myself...
    I have watched my DVRs of the network newscasts, and I'm slightly less pessimistic than before.

She is a BAD pick.

Worse even than biden -- who is himself no walk on the beach.

She's potentially a Quayle -- a nobody from Palukaville who makes Barack Hussien Obama seem like an uber qualified, historically experienced, veteran of war, famine, and pestilence.

Mon dieux -- what was that alziemers benighted 72 yr old smoking last night ????

Is this some prattfall prank foisted on a gullible america by that noted Saturday Night Live comedian John McCain ??? Is his real pick going to be annnounced at the convention in the Twin Cities ??

2 years ago she was the mayor of an Alaskan village of 6000. Around here high schools have more competitive elections amongst bigger populations.

If I had known that this was all it took to potentially become President of the United States, I wouldn’t have wasted these last 205 years plotting my coup so as to get back my beloved Louisiana estates !!!

He's been hammering and hammering and hammering him for an eternity that he lacks experience -- he's been quoting BARYE that he's not qualified, that he's wet behind the ears, that he's a first term Senator not ready for prime time -- and then he chooses THIS ???!!!???!!

THIS is an insult -- an outrage -- impeachment proceedings should be begun even before the first votes are cast -- we can't afford to waste any time should the GOP somehow again steal this election...
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/30/2008 at 01:24 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I have watched my DVRs of the network newscasts, and I'm slightly less pessimistic than before.

She is a BAD pick.

She's potentially a Quayle -- a nobody from Palukaville who makes Barack Hussien Obama seem like an uber qualified, historically experienced, veteran of war, famine, and pestilence.

Mon dieux -- what was that alziemers benighted 72 yr old smoking last night ????

Is this some prattfall prank foisted on a gullible america by that noted Saturday Night Live comedian John McCain ??? Is his real pick going to be annnounced at the convention in the Twin Cities ??

2 years ago she was the mayor of an Alaskan village of 6000. Around here high schools have more competitive elections amongst bigger populations.

If I had known that this was all it took to potentially become President of the United States, I wouldn’t have wasted these last 205 years plotting my coup so as to get back my beloved Louisiana estates !!!

He's been hammering and hammering and hammering him for an eternity that he lacks experience -- he's been quoting BARYE that he's not qualified, that he's wet behind the ears, that he's a first term Senator not ready for prime time -- and then he chooses THIS ???!!!???!!

THIS is an insult -- an outrage -- impeachment proceedings should be begun even before the first votes are cast -- we can't afford to waste any time should the GOP somehow again steal this election...
    Yea, it was a very odd choice... I'm shaking my head at both mccain and obama on their choices.

Normally the more I think about something the easier it is to understand.... but in both of these cases the more I think about what they have done, the more I'm confused.

Strange year in politics... very strange.

But between obama and mccain, obama's choice made the most sense... McCain's choice is like pissing in the wind... I still can't get over that she is under investigation. That blows my mind....
    Last edited by theog; 08/30/2008 at 01:58 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001

She is a BAD pick.

I can tell you’re probably laughing while you’re writing this, cause I’m cracking up. Hell, he might as well had picked me. He doesn't know me either. hahahaha
    There’s a world of difference between being a maverick and being reckless. He may be too old to tell the difference.

On a side note.....hahaha where is everybody????? I understand.
    Iago

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."

Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    On a side note.....hahaha where is everybody????? I understand.
    On all the forums I visit, the "hardcore" Republicans have been eerily quiet since this announcement.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    It's laughable that Hannity, et al. see McCain's selection of "America's Hottest Governor" as an great choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    It's laughable that Hannity, et al. see McCain's selection of "America's Hottest Governor" as an great choice.
    Its Admiral Stockdale meets Dan Quayle -- Its Geradine Ferraro merging with Spiro Agnew. (he with the petty crime while Governor)

She will apologetically "ask" McComedian McCain to allow her to withdraw her name from consideration because of "family concerns" -- before the convention.

Romney, Palenti, or Crist is their VP nominee -- or that btch Senator from Texas, or Lieberman (well maybe not Lieberman), or maybe **** Cheney... or Vladimir Putin or ...

Investigators Are Looking at Governor About Firing
    By MICHAEL LUO NY Times

DENVER — In unveiling Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska as Senator John McCain’s running mate, the campaign is portraying her as a champion of ethics reform for taking on members of her own party whom she saw as beholden to special interests.

But just a few weeks ago she became the subject of a state ethics investigation.

This month, a bipartisan panel of state legislators appointed an independent investigator to look into whether Ms. Palin had fired a top law enforcement official in her administration because he had failed to dismiss a state trooper who was involved in a divorce with Ms. Palin’s sister...

...A judge in the couple’s custody case questioned the family’s motives for filing the complaints. “It appears for the world that Ms. McCann and her family have decided to take off for the guy’s livelihood,” the judge said...

The inquiry by the Legislature centers on what Mr. Monegan later described as pressure from members of Ms. Palin’s administration and her husband, Todd, to fire Mr. Wooten. The governor herself also raised the subject of Mr. Wooten with him, Mr. Monegan has said...

As part of her efforts to demonstrate that she welcomed the Legislature’s inquiry, Ms. Palin asked the state’s attorney general to look into the accusations as well. Ms. Palin initially denied there had ever been pressure applied to Mr. Monegan.

This month, however, she released an audio recording of a top aide’s questioning of a police lieutenant about why no action had been taken against Mr. Wooten. Ms. Palin also disclosed there had been more than two dozen inquiries from members of her staff to the public safety department about him, but she said she had played no role in the inquiries...
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/30/2008 at 03:24 AM.
    No, just working long hours. I think she is an excellent choice and she does have executive experience which Obama does not have. She has even been in office longer than Obama. She even has a vested interest in the war. She even has a vested interest in pro-life. She brings lots to the table that far exceeds the nothing that Obama brings to the table. She is even "nice," which Biden is not.

The investigation - well it sure is nothing compared to what lies in the past of Obama. At least she does not have to re-write her history to keep people from talking about it. No murderers in her past. No terrorists in her past. No saying she did something when in reality nothing done.

Keep the babbling up - it is fun!

As for the other 3 listed, Romney is an excellent choice, but that brings to the table 2 "rich" guys. Gosh, what the Democrat side has though is one who changes his position and says what people want to hear and the other who likes to hear himself make noise.
    I think this article from Politico was pretty interesting:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12997.html

I think that the most important point that it makes is that, as only a few folks have mentioned, the race isn't nearly as close as the media likes to claim. It's in their best interest to make it look like an even race, as folks are most likely to turn out. But the national polling percentages simply don't matter, as presidents are elected by electoral votes, and the Democrats are positioned to win, and to win big.

Before Republicans jump on me: I'm a political geek, but I don't tend to get overly emotionally involved in party loyalty - I'm more fascinated by the process. I'm a true Independent, who voted for Reagan and Bush I, as well as Kerry. I tend to watch politics like others watch sports.

I think that folks get VERY wrapped up in their own party, and don't really step back and think about the issues. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of people follow the same political party as their parents, just as they have been conditioned to follow the same religious affiliation and sports loyalties. I find that somewhat sad, actually.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    No, just working long hours. I think she is an excellent choice and she does have executive experience which Obama does not have. She has even been in office longer than Obama. She even has a vested interest in the war. She even has a vested interest in pro-life. She brings lots to the table that far exceeds the nothing that Obama brings to the table. She is even "nice," which Biden is not.
    McCain has a bad temper... Biden does not. McCain holds grudges for years.

Don't even bring up "experience." Face it, she is the most LEAST qualified person to ever run on a major ticket in modern history!!!! She boasts obama's argument that he is the most qualified individual in the running (young + experienced).

The investigation - well it sure is nothing compared to what lies in the past of Obama. At least she does not have to re-write her history to keep people from talking about it. No murderers in her past. No terrorists in her past. No saying she did something when in reality nothing done.
    lol... obama is not currently under investigation. This hurts you... I know.

How would you twist this if obama was under investigation? Interesting how you keep repeating the same garbage over and over... You don't even know this woman, how do you know what is in her past?

What murderers are in obama's past? What terrorists? Right, none... again, your weak and feeble attempts to discredit him for working on many boards with other individuals (like republicans, ect). Again, you have nothing directly against obama.... this lady is under investigation!!!

For McCain to pick her, he must be about as weak and feeble as you. At least both of you have something in common.

How is that for babbling? Thought I'd spice things up... you make it sound like the thread was getting boring.
    Last edited by theog; 08/30/2008 at 02:27 PM.
    It's a shame, really. A couple of years ago I'd thought favorably of McCain and recently of Obama.

Barr/Root look good, and their platform hasn't changed.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    He couldn't have who he really wanted, which was Lieberman, so he just punted the decision to strategists who chose her to throw a bone to the Far Right so McCain can dance towards the Middle like he needs to and which is his strength.

There is the added very small bonus of the Hillary PUMAs who would sooner shoot themselves in th uterus than give up momentarily on their woman in the white house dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    He couldn't have who he really wanted, which was Lieberman, so he just punted the decision to strategists who chose her to throw a bone to the Far Right so McCain can dance towards the Middle like he needs to and which is his strength.

There is the added very small bonus of the Hillary PUMAs who would sooner shoot themselves in th uterus than give up momentarily on their woman in the white house dream.
    I suggested that McComedian would pick Lieberman at some point over the last 8 months. I understand why McCain wanted him, but from the evidence seen from Lieberman's last time as rodeo clown, Miss PTA might well do better (she could hardly be worse...)

The whole convoluted way he let the wacko evangelical bozos veto his preferred pick is pathetically amusing though -- and the way he ended up choosing someone he knew little about, only having met her once or twice.

My mind, I confess, is getting a little twisted over processing how evangelicals can be ok with any new parent of a retarded baby afflicted with Downs syndrome, can also devote themselves fully to the responsibilities inherent in being President of the USA. No matter how prepared and experienced that parent may be.

That they are cool with this specific new mother of that specific baby -- a mother who is neither educated or experienced in the travails of leadership at the nation's highest rung -- doing that ostensibly VERY important job -- is god freaking mind blowing.

There are women and men (and monkees) who remain angry at the way Hillary was denied the nomination.

The level of bitterness and alienation is considerable. The months wasted since late May (when he was unofficially declared the "winner") has confirmed for most of her supporters that she would have been the stronger candidate, and superior President.

Her supporters remain apoplectic that this unprepared upstart insisted that he was ready NOW -- irrespective of the risks inherent in that for the nation and the world.

Nevertheless -- Palin is so so far off the the Google map, so transparently unprepared, so scarily wacko in her core beliefs, that most of Hillary's supporters will vote (carrying their throbbing bitterness along in bulging handbags), for Obama.

Happily this will make you wretch: but Obama must soon do joint campaign appearances with a smiling laughing Hillary, and then with a laughing smiling Bill.

Obama's got to nail down those voters asap -- but I now believe this is very doable.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/31/2008 at 01:03 AM.
    The level of bitterness and alienation is considerable. The months wasted since late May (when he was unofficially declared the "winner") has confirmed for most of her supporters that she would have been the stronger candidate, and superior President.

Her supporters remain apoplectic that this unprepared upstart insisted that he was ready NOW -- irrespective of the risks inherent in that for the nation and the world.
    What the Hillary supporters do not understand is that this was not a case of choosing one gender over another, it was about excising the DLC from the DNC. They are not educated Democrats and simply are viewing this as a woman deing diss'd. NOT the case. We are removing the DLC from our party's leadership and getting back to the working class.

BTW, screw you Edwards. Seriously, screw your irresponsible ego.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    One plus I've found in all the latest goings on: I have a new appreciation for C-Span. Hearing from the candidates without an interruption from an expert telling me what they just said is nice.
    Shop -- I wanted you to be the first to learn that I'm reevaluating this whole: there is no god thing (at least other than BARYE).

It seems there's this evangelistic religious fellow -- appears as though he has god's private unpublished cell number. The guy's name I think is Dobson -- Dr. Dobson.

It seems he gave god a call on HIS private unpublished cell -- to ask that HE rain on Obama's pep rally.

It seems as though god must be using ATT, because the message HE heard appears to have gotten scrambled.

Maybe god got the dates mixed up, or maybe he was confused as to what Dr. Dobson was asking for, or maybe god's become afflicted with senility. Whatever the reason, while HE let Barack rally under a sparkling sky, HE's sending a big hurricane to Louisiana and St. Paul -- in celebration of both the GOP convention and the anniverary of Katrina.

Maybe god is trying to send all you mere mortals some kind of sign. I just wish I knew what the message was -- what HE was trying to say.

No matter what, I got to give god a big Amen -- that's some totally wacko shiite HE's doin...
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/02/2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    What the Hillary supporters do not understand is that this was not a case of choosing one gender over another, it was about excising the DLC from the DNC. They are not educated Democrats and simply are viewing this as a woman deing diss'd. NOT the case. We are removing the DLC from our party's leadership and getting back to the working class.

BTW, screw you Edwards. Seriously, screw your irresponsible ego.
    your obsession with the DLC rivals some folk's for the Free Masons or the Trilateral Commission -- (or mine for regaining my fraudlently taken Louisiana Estates.)

Give it up and move on.

The DLC is not Hillary. She would have been a very good President -- one that would have brought back economic prosperity, one that would have focused on the victims of the housing catastrophe as well as doing what was needed to restore that crucial pillar of the economy, and one that would have done everythng needed, no matter the challenge -- to ensure that health care was universal.

Your assumption that this "bitterness" is part of some vaginal discharge is really a byproduct of your total hatred of Hillary -- a hatred that like your earlier love for Edwards -- blinds you to the genuine affection and loyalty her supporters have for her (and many of those supporters are not women, or even human...)
    Maybe god got the dates mixed up, or maybe he was confused as to what Dr. Dobson was asking for, or maybe god's become afflicted with senility. Whatever the reason, while he let Barack rally under a sparkling sky, he's sending a big hurricane to Louisiana and St. Paul -- in celebration of both the GOP convention and the anniverary of Katrina.

Maybe god is trying to send all you mere mortals some kind of sign. I just wish I knew what the message was -- what HE was trying to say.

No matter what, I got to give god a big Amen -- that's some totally wacko shiet HE's doin...
    It is curious isn't it? Either their is no god(s) or he is telling Dobson and his ilk to jump in a lake.
    The DLC is not Hillary.
    Odd statement since Hillary is obviously the DLC.

Your assumption that this "bitterness" is part of some vaginal discharge is really a byproduct of your total hatred of Hillary -- a hatred that like your earlier love for Edwards -- blinds you to the genuine affection and loyalty her supporters have for her (and many of those supporters are not women, or even human...)
    My leanings towards Edwards were not based on "love" for the person but rather that person's focus on fighting the good fight for the lower classes. I currently hate Edwards for possibly being the current nominee with that huge skeleton in the closet. COMPLETELY irresponsible.

You seem to deny that there is a power struggle in the DNC based on the DLC's past empowerment and the smack down that is currently happening. I'm curious, is this because you are not aware of it or if like Harold Ford, you hitched your pony to a dead wagon?
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Don't even bring up "experience." Face it, she is the most LEAST qualified person to ever run on a major ticket in modern history!!!! She boasts obama's argument that he is the most qualified individual in the running (young + experienced).
    Um, she has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Um, she has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain combined.
    a year and a half as Governor of a state smaller in population than most major cities.

Before that the mayor of a village of 9000 (smaller than many High Schools).

Oh I'm sorry -- I think she'd been President as well.

Of her PTA...

What was it that John McComedian said -- ready from day one to be President ??

What standard are we now using -- junior ???
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast