Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24247484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1043
  1. #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Noonan thinks Palin is an *****, but she hasn't endorsed Obama - unless there was some interview this weekend I'm not aware of.
    She DID....


    http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stump...y-fashion.aspx

    (edit: actually, the more I look at that picture, the more I "feel" sorry for this lady... it is insane... she is something else...

    And Powell waited 'til the winner was clear before choosing sides.

    Powell was smart... he waited until his voice could make a difference... and were he had the forum to explain his decision in detail.

    Where, when, and how Powell made his speech was perfect...
    Last edited by theog; 10/26/2008 at 06:22 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2. #1022  

    Rove: McCain ‘got a very steep hill to climb’
    By Klaus Marre Posted: 10/26/08 10:48 AM [ET]

    Former White House adviser Karl Rove, credited with winning two elections for President Bush, on Sunday said GOP nominee John McCain has a “very steep hill to climb” in his quest for the presidency. Rove, who often puts a positive spin on things for the GOP, on “Fox News Sunday” offered a bleaker assessment of the state of the race from a Republican point of view. In his own electoral map, Rove has Democratic nominee Barack Obama ahead with 317 electoral votes after moving Ohio, Indiana, Colorado and Virginia to the Illinois senator’s column.


    The GOP analyst noted that McCain would have to turn things around in all four states and sweep the remaining toss-up states in order to win the necessary electoral votes to prevail.

    “It’s a steep uphill climb,” he said.
    Rove added that McCain could turn the race if he is only down up to six points in national points. However, with the RealClearPolitics average of national polls putting Obama ahead by eight points, Rove said it would be “difficult” to make up that ground.


    “What he’s got to do is pound home on two big messages.
    One message is, ‘I’m right on the issues and he’s wrong when it comes to taxes and the war on terror, and I’m experienced and ready to be president, and whatever his strengths and skills are, he, Sen. Obama, is not ready to be president’,” Rove said. “And you’ve got to make that message in a handful of states and repeat it constantly and hope that your ground game on Election Day is able to give you a point or two more beyond what the polls show you having.”


    The GOP strategist also commented on signs that there is dissension within the ranks of the McCain campaign, including stress between vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin and her handlers.



    “It is a sign of undisciplined people who do not have the loyalty that they ought to have to the candidate whom they’re serving,” he said. “And it’s a sad sight to see. Nobody makes themselves look good by this process.”
    Rove also acknowledged that this kind of infighting generally happens “in campaigns that are behind, and people want to make certain they escape with the best reputation they can.”


    http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/rov...008-10-26.html
  3. #1023  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    She DID....
    Who? When?
    Powell was smart... he waited until his voice could make a difference... and were he had the forum to explain his decision in detail.

    Where, when, and how Powell made his speech was perfect...
    He waited until he knew which bandwagon to jump on. Arguably, his voice makes no difference anymore since Obama has almost certainly won.
  4. #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Ahhh yes...the old right-wing trick of shaking ones hand with their right hand, while stabbing you in the back with the left....and as the victim screams in agony from the slight-of-hand stab wound the attacker screams as though they were the one that was attacked. Classic.

    By and large I've recently only posted links to Obama's endorsements in this thread. Your side has posted rhetoric and attacks because they have nothing else to post. And I see that you have nothing of substance to post either. Feel free to do so. It is so much more interesting discussing things up here than having to debunk, deconstruct, and fend off the empty arguments that continue to be posted here by McShame supporters.
    You lack self-awareness. You're the loudest troll, complaining about trolls. And you're one of only a couple people here who ever engage in childish name calling.

    Posts like these aren't constructive:
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    If Obama loses, McCain will create a police state. We'll be under marshal law and forced to give up our rights under the constitution. McCain will claim that the congress has failed and as such, he'll call upon the conservative justices of the Supreme Court to back his declaration as being the sole authority over all branches of our government - in effect, declaring him "dictator in chief".
    sheeple don't have substantiated claims so I'm clearly asking too much of you.
    Which goes to show you, the fervent whack-jobs that listen to Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Savage, etc. are far more fired up and hateful than are the laid-back hippies that listen to something like Air America.
  5. #1025  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    She needs to keep her paychecks coming in or she'd have supported Obama too. But she is paid to be a conservative commentor (former Reagan speech writer...as though that actually lends her any more credibility).
    Her paycheck comes from the Wall Street Journal. I don't think she'd be at risk of being fired.

    Sour grapes. You would never have said that had he endorsed McCain.
    As Barye said, it would have been a non-story.
  6. #1026  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Her paycheck comes from the Wall Street Journal. I don't think she'd be at risk of being fired.
    She appears regularly on TV and I'm sure she is paid to do so. And her role when she does is to play the role of a conservative.

    As Barye said, it would have been a non-story.
    It would have been a non-story because he is a Republican. But that is not what I said - I said that you would not be making any claims that he waited to pick the winning ticket before going public had he picked McCain.
  7. #1027  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    You lack self-awareness. You're the loudest troll, complaining about trolls. And you're one of only a couple people here who ever engage in childish name calling.

    Posts like these aren't constructive:
    I'm certainly guilty of responding in kind to posts that deserve it. But you're reading this forum with some sort of right-leaning-3D-glasses or something as you clearly don't seem to see the attacks and blather coming from your side of the fence.

    Now before yet another thread gets closed down, perhaps we should move on to something more constructive. Like Karl Rove's ominous electoral map he showed on Fox News today?
  8. #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Powell was smart... he waited until his voice could make a difference... and were he had the forum to explain his decision in detail.

    Where, when, and how Powell made his speech was perfect...
    I think it was payback time for Powell. He alluded to his dismay as to how far right the GOP has moved and to me his announcement was timed like an ambush...he waited until the main body of the enemy patrol was in the kill zone and he poured a steady stream of fire power into the kill zone, effectively cutting the enemy patrol to pieces.

    His endorsement was not only genuine - it was a thing of beauty.
  9. #1029  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    And Powell waited 'til the winner was clear before choosing sides.
    If he had come out sooner, folks would just say he chose based upon race (as our pal Rush is already saying). In watching his interview, I believe him when he says that he waited until he had made a clear decision. I have a ton of respect for Gen. Powell, and his rebuke of the party has to sting.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  10. #1030  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If he had come out sooner, folks would just say he chose based upon race (as our pal Rush is already saying). In watching his interview, I believe him when he says that he waited until he had made a clear decision. I have a ton of respect for Gen. Powell, and his rebuke of the party has to sting.
    I think powell was still sour over the entire Iraq thing...

    He is an old military guy, so he more than likely won't write a book to tell everyone how crappy bush is, but I'm not sure he was not happy with how that went down.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  11. #1031  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    It would have been a non-story because he is a Republican. But that is not what I said - I said that you would not be making any claims that he waited to pick the winning ticket before going public had he picked McCain.
    Probably true. Because no one would care. Because he's a Republican. But that doesn't make it less true.

    It's just like how Edwards waited 'til Obama was certain to win before endorsing him because he wanted to be the VP pick for whoever won the Democratic nomination. I didn't make any claims about it before because no one cares.
  12. #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If he had come out sooner, folks would just say he chose based upon race (as our pal Rush is already saying). In watching his interview, I believe him when he says that he waited until he had made a clear decision. I have a ton of respect for Gen. Powell, and his rebuke of the party has to sting.
    I don't think it was based on race.

    And losing his support certainly stings for Republicans. But it's not like he was a long time party member. I remember he was talked about for the Democratic ticket in the '90s.
  13. #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I'm certainly guilty of responding in kind to posts that deserve it. But you're reading this forum with some sort of right-leaning-3D-glasses or something as you clearly don't seem to see the attacks and blather coming from your side of the fence.

    Now before yet another thread gets closed down, perhaps we should move on to something more constructive. Like Karl Rove's ominous electoral map he showed on Fox News today?
    After all this time, you don't know where I stand.
  14. #1034  
    Mod, they are not empty arguments. Each of the things mentioned are fact. Obama did state he was going to reduce military spending. Barney stated military spending was going to be reduced 25%. Biden stated that Obama was going to be tested and do nothing. The list is endless. Go whine somewhere else, they are facts.
  15. #1035  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    After all this time, you don't know where I stand.
    Well, that is understandable isn't it? Does anybody know where any Republican stands today? I sure don't.
  16. #1036  
    I also further the advance that Powell was and is still angry about Iraq and his wait to back Obama was done for purely political reasons - maximum hit, maximum et cetera. Nobody though was surprised at the announcement. He stated as such months ago.
  17. #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I also further the advance that Powell was and is still angry about Iraq and his wait to back Obama was done for purely political reasons - maximum hit, maximum et cetera. Nobody though was surprised at the announcement. He stated as such months ago.
    Please support your argument that he stated as much months ago. I have seen nowhere that he verbalized his choice, only that people speculated upon it.

    Perhaps Powell was indeed angry about Iraq. If so, then his anger would be with George W Bush. The fact that (if it is as you allege) he wanted to get back at Bush and the "Republican establishment", I would agree that the most logical target would be the person highly associated with Bush: McCain.

    If McCain were truly to be a departure from Bush, then refusing to back McCain would have no connections to his feelings about Iraq. So your allegation presupposes that McCain is a continuation of Bush '43.

    Personally, I think the simpler answer is to take Powell at his word: that he weighed what each candidate brings to the table, and made an informed choice for Obama.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  18. #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Obama did state he was going to reduce military spending.
    I guess I have to ask, you don't think McCain will have to reduce military spending? If you consult history military spending doesn't equal might. In many cases it bankrupts your state.

    Having allies help bear the costs is smarter.
  19. #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    One more thing, its speaks of fundamental change, that Obama presents it. The bad thing is, he is the result of the Chicago Democrat machine and Biden, being something like 30 years in the Senate, he represents more of the same. Now really, please explain without avoiding the question, how that represents change.
    Because of his policies. They are substantially and substantively different than the Bush polices that drive the country into the horrible state we are in economically, diplomatically and miltarily.

    Not everyone is focused on the Rovian character assassination politics (of which McCan himself was a victim in 2000!). ALL politicians have baggage. That is why the center turned off of McCain. Once you realize he is as ambitious, as self serving, as corrupt, as machine driven as any other politician his critiques of Oboma, avoiding the issues and focusing on character, fall flat.

    People don't want to know about a causal relationship with Ayers and more than they want to know about MCains buddying up with violent minded felons like Liddy, they don't want to hear the racist allusions to Obama's middle name, they want to know what the plans are. McCain and his people either have none or have decided that they rather bury their actual plans with all the noise.
  20. #1040  
    Samkim, congratulations on the name calling - it really presents your inability to get along with people.

    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    You lack self-awareness. You're the loudest troll, complaining about trolls. And you're one of only a couple people here who ever engage in childish name calling.

    Posts like these aren't constructive:

Posting Permissions