Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    speculation is unnecessary -- McCain's team was ready with their ad simultaneous with the media leak:

Personally I'm flabbergasted Biden was chosen.

Obama will be hammered with Biden's words relentlessly -- by November the public will think that Biden is a McCain surrogate.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/23/2008 at 08:51 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    speculation is unnecessary -- McCain's team was ready with their ad simultaneous with the media leak:

Personally I'm flabbergasted Biden was chosen.

Obama will be hammered with Biden's words relentlessly -- by November the public will think that Biden is a McCain surrogate.
    I think folks are smarter than being influenced by that - they tend to understand that campaigns get ugly....George H.W. said quite a few negative things about Reagan, and they put together a ticket. And, of course, there was the Kennedy / Johnson ticket.

If McCain chooses (as many expect) Romney, the Dems will put together a similar ad regarding his comments towards McCain
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I think folks are smarter than being influenced by that - they tend to understand that campaigns get ugly....George H.W. said quite a few negative things about Reagan, and they put together a ticket. And, of course, there was the Kennedy / Johnson ticket.

If McCain chooses (as many expect) Romney, the Dems will put together a similar ad regarding his comments towards McCain
    sorry -- americans are collectively the most ignorant, least informed, and most manipulatable people of any 1st world society on the planet.

Time and time again they’ve demonstrated a keen susceptibility to simple lies and transparent jingoistic appeals.

They cheered the commencement of a catastrophic misadventure into Iraq – and supported whole heartedly the repeal of the “Death Tax” (which affected less than 2 percent of america’s richest families).

Naive liberals are every 4 yrs appalled to rediscover that their beloved "workers" have been won over by sloganeering about constitutional amendments to ban the burning of flags, the marriage of homosexuals,and the relative courage of a Swiftboat captain compared to a chickenhawk draft dodger.

This is a society profoundly unready for the responsibility inherent in democracy – a society that Rovian repugnicans are cynically able to twist and reshape like playdough at will.

What makes the Biden quotes so devastating is their pure distillation of the very thematic attack that the GOP and McCain are making about Obama.

Those 30 seconds perfectly articulate every doubt that they’ve been raising about this wet behind the ears, 1st term Senator.

McCain is running for the 3rd term of an administration that has brought more devastation to america's economy, its military, and its environment than any in its history. Generic Democrats are 15-20% stronger than generic GOPers. Yet despite this McCain is now tied in the polls with Obama.

The majority of this country still knows little of who Obama is and what he’s accomplished. McCain’s team has predictably been busy filling this empty vessel with a non-stop series of attacks, lies, and distortions -- all while Obama has been vacationing quietly in Hawaii.

I only hope that they can use McCain’s gaffe about his “houses” to wrest the momentum back...
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/24/2008 at 10:39 PM.
    You need to work real hard to point outthose lies. You speak of houses - yet you do not speak about Obama and his house and the way he got it. You do not speak of Michelle, her jobs, her influence with the hospital, her efforts to reduce the cost of medical care spent by a certain hospital and how she went about doing it. McCain 3rd term? hardly at all. However, one can openly say this is the 2nd Carter term. What has Obama accomplished? he is an attorney? He tough a college course? Did he write any definitive papers? Has he been in front of the Supreme Court? How much money has he recently made? How about his friends that openly admitted to bombing, killing and stating they did not do enough.

Vacationing quietly in Hawaii? Bubba, I live in Honolulu - quiet it was not.

You speak of only one side, why not look closer at your candidate, he is not an angel. He has repeatedly brought up the race side - McCain has not. The list continues, you just ignore it.

Really, you just do not have a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    How about his friends that openly admitted to bombing, killing and stating they did not do enough.
    You mean the guy back in the 60s? The guy on the same board as obama? The same board that also has republicans? The same board with a mission to help people?

My old friend joined the KKK (we started off working together, I did not know)... guess I'm automatically associated with the KKK now, right? Guess I'm a closet KKK member, if I go by your definition.

It is unfortunate that you repeat those weak remarks, over and over.

As BARYE said:

"americans are collectively the most ignorant, least informed, and most manipulatable people of any 1st world society on the planet."

Even on this board.... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post

Yea, I don't think those words were a big deal either.

Politics, politics... nature of the beast...

At the end, it shows that obama can reach out and gain supports from those that might not been on his bandwagon 100% in the past.

But I don't think it really matters, to be honest. It will be interesting to see if biden brings much "weight" to the ticket.

Watch out for barye, he is still pissed clinton did not win.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    "americans are collectively the most ignorant, least informed, and most manipulatable people of any 1st world society on the planet."

This is a quote which fits like a glove for BOTH democrats as well as republicans in this country. Those who call others ignorant may just as easily be described by this quote. Lol. Don't let anyone's sanctimoniousness fool you.
    Last edited by logmein; 08/24/2008 at 09:15 PM.
    There is a difference here that you are not mentioning - it is the fact that Obama openly solicited this man's support. He is a terrorist, a murderer, a mission to help people? He was quoted as "having not done enough."

As for as your old friend, you did not know of his association in the beginning. Obama knew of the association at the beginning.

Admit it. Weak remarks? How? They are verified.

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    You mean the guy back in the 60s? The guy on the same board as obama? The same board that also has republicans? The same board with a mission to help people?

My old friend joined the KKK (we started off working together, I did not know)... guess I'm automatically associated with the KKK now, right? Guess I'm a closet KKK member, if I go by your definition.

It is unfortunate that you repeat those weak remarks, over and over.

As BARYE said:

Even on this board.... lol
    Nailed it!

Michelle Obama will no doubt be the strongest first lady in modern times.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    Nailed it!

Michelle Obama will no doubt be the strongest first lady in modern times.
    She really did a great job.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Most amazing. Obama and crew are really in to protecting the environment, yet Obamaette strolls from a Lear jet.

We heard time and time again from Obama that lobbyists would not be a part of his campaign/administration. Yet 2 years ago, Dr. Mad Dean pulled in Steven Farber (do a Google search: Farber DNC) to put together the Democrat convention in Denver. Farber is one of Washington's most powerful lobbyists. He is responsible for obtaining approximately $150 million from 40 corporations to pay for the convention. Wow, it really sounds like Obama is not keeping up with his many oaths.

We have Nancy Pelosi on the abortion issue stating that St. Augustine has life beginning at 3 months of age. This means the killing of children up to age 3 months is ok. The carbon law? What is she talking about.

Also, sorry about the cities - San Francisco was the target for the terrorist, not NYC. Remember also, Obama knocked on his door, not the other way around.
    Ben,

Nice synopsis. Very coherent as usual. You just can't stand us "feel good" dems huh?
    Feel good? No. My problem is that there are a number of people around that attack one party and yet ignore another party. McCain is no saint and neither is Obama. Yet there are people here that defend everything Obama does and do not acknowledge Obama's other side. Hit McCain on houses? 7 houses, so what. This country was built on the capital principal. What about the way Obama got his house? Quiet on the issue. They completely ignore Obama knocking on Mr. William Ayers' door, they completely ignore that Ayers' wife bombed/killed and that Ayers' was in full knowledge of it, stating that enough was not done. How does this stack against McCain? Not at all and what a dang shame we have these 2 candidates. The most unqualified Democrat ever getting this far with a VP who knocks everything around him, even women. McCain who is more Democrat than conservative. What an election we are going to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    sorry -- americans are collectively the most ignorant, least informed, and most manipulatable people of any 1st world society on the planet.

--snip--

I only hope that they can use McCain’s gaffe about his “houses” to wrest the momentum back...
    Yet you hope that McCain's "gaffe" to be a well-informed factor for POTUS?

I mean seriously, who cares how many homes he own? Or is there some factor in knowing how many homes one owns that determines (or otherwise influences) one's ability to lead the US?
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    It's not so much that he owns so many houses...it's that he can't even remember how many he owns. That shows that he might not know what the economy is like...since to him, it's all great.

However, people who analyze this and say that McCain is bad because of that are delusional. Do they really think that Obama doesn't live a luxurious life?
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    I was under the impression that this was more an age issue than a luxury issue.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Didn't Obama make $4 million last year? And to think he wants to help all of us by increasing our taxes. Frankly the less government intervention, the better off we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post

This is a quote which fits like a glove for BOTH democrats as well as republicans in this country. Those who call others ignorant may just as easily be described by this quote. Lol. Don't let anyone's sanctimoniousness fool you.

You need to work real hard to point out those lies. You speak of houses - yet you do not speak about Obama and his house and the way he got it. You do not speak of Michelle, her jobs, her influence with the hospital, her efforts to reduce the cost of medical care spent by a certain hospital and how she went about doing it. McCain 3rd term? hardly at all. However, one can openly say this is the 2nd Carter term. What has Obama accomplished? he is an attorney? He taught a college course? Did he write any definitive papers?...

logmein-- within BARYE's sanctimoniousness -- and his pure raw loathing for repugnicans, there is also a professional's respect for their shrewdness and skill. For years I've watched with frustrated admiration as their cunning craftsmanship de-boned democrat after democrat.

bclinger -- the talk about Carter is a phoney Faux slander. Carter successfully won election to the Presidency (narrowly overcoming Jerry Ford who was running for Nixon’s 3rd term.) Carter was defeated for re-election by the unholy coalition of a washed up Hollywood has-been, an angry Ted Kennedy, and a bearded Ayatollah Khomeini.

Unfortunately the true analogy it seems, is Dukakis.

GOPers have for the last 20 years rewritten the rules and techniques of political warfare, beginning with Lee Atwater’s deconstruction of Dukakis for Daddy in 1988.

Rove and junior readily acknowledge being the inheritors of Atwater's legacy. In fact junior learned much of what he knows about lying, distortion, and demagoguery by directly apprenticing with Atwater during Daddy’s ‘88 campaign.

Dukakis had a seemingly insurmountable 17 point lead that summer before the GOPers began ripping his flesh off.

They did things like painting Dukakis, an avid environmentalist, as an apparent fraud because the Boston Harbor clean-up had not yet been finished (largely because of Reagan).

They transformed Dukakis -- who was running on the basis of competency rather than ideology -- into a fool, repeatedly re-running a scene where he’d stupidly allowed himself to ride about in a tank wearing a Snoopy helmet.

Atwater/bush made it seem as though Dukakis had personally raped and murdered a family because his prison system furloughed an eligible for release scumbag named Willie Horton. (and by montaging pictures of the black ******/murder with pictures of the raped and murdered attractive young white mother -- they played to and stimulated the primal inchoate fear and anger always present amongst this country’s working class voters.)

For much of that summer, while they savagely dissected him, Dukakis quietly vacationed. In the span of a few weeks they had succeeded in remaking him in the eyes of the american people into a pathetic weak liberal -- a hollow effete intellectual incapable of even defending himself.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/27/2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: w
    Bayre, you are so off base in this instance. Dukakis was a looser from the starting gate and so bad he was, he never reached the gate.

You speak of lying, distortion, and demagoguery by Bush, are you ignoring the open lying, distortion and demagoguery by Obama and camp? Look no further than Bill Ayers - Obama knocked on his door and denies it. Look no further than the abortion issue with Obama and Nancy - so bad that the Catholic Church had to react to the issue. Carter? We saw him quickly as the looser he was an is.

Try again and point to something that stands up.
    Bayre, you are so off base in this instance. Dukakis was a looser from the starting gate and so bad he was, he never reached the gate.

You speak of lying, distortion, and demagoguery by Bush, are you ignoring the open lying, distortion and demagoguery by Obama and camp? Look no further than Bill Ayers - Obama knocked on his door and denies it. Look no further than the abortion issue with Obama and Nancy - so bad that the Catholic Church had to react to the issue. Carter? We saw him quickly as the looser he was an is.

Try again and point to something that stands up.

Ben, I don't think Dukakis lost because was he was looser -- but rather because he was too uptight ...
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast