Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Obama did well with the bomb Iran reference, the reference to first Afghanistan then Baghdad -- (after a bumpy start)

Brokaw is being tough on Obama -- tougher than on McShame
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Obama did well with the "bomb bomb bomb Iran, Afghanistan to Baghdad answer, after an uncertain start to that answer.

BRokaw has been much harder on Obama than McShame

(btw, somehow lost 2 of my posts...)
    You sure you lost two posts? You posted that comment twice.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    I'm think McShame has had a much better night than the first debate --

He more directly answered the questions asked with specificity, his attacks were more organic to his answers.

Obama was ok -- but he was too much spouting generalities and platitudes, not sufficiently giving a sense of having a prepared plan ready to solve problems.

Obama ironically became better as they moved onto foreign policy.

Overall I'll give McShame a: B, and Obama a: C+ B-.

The polls will tighten some -- though the economic fear will lessen the advantage McShame would have gained from tonight otherwise
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/07/2008 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    You sure you lost two posts? You posted that comment twice.

It wasn't showing up earlier -- had a glitch somewhere (clearly it could not be BARYE's fault ...)
    It wasn't showing up earlier -- had a glitch somewhere (clearly it could not be BARYE's fault ...)
    No worries...it was President Bush's fault
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    No worries...it was President Bush's fault
    there were these black helicopters circling over my cave as I was posting --- you don't think -- oh oh -- got to go ...
    Let's have a moment of silence in memory of our dear friend BARYE. You will be missed. I liked you better than the other liberals in this thread.

*Freak4Dell calls the Bush hotline to provide GPS coordinates of moderateinny.*
    I'm think McShame has had a much better night than the first debate --

He more directly answered the questions asked with specificity, his attacks were more organic to his answers.

Obama was ok -- but he was to much spouting generalities and platitudes, not sufficiently giving a sense of having a prepared plan ready to solve problems.

Obama ironically became better as they moved onto foreign policy.

Overall I'll give McShame a: B, and Obama a: C+ B-.

The polls will tighten some -- though economic fear will lessen the advantage McShame would have gained from tonight otherwise
    Wow. Surprised to hear that Barye. I think the fact that the GOP talking heads on the news networks are all saying this was Obama's debate is telling. Well...excluding Sean Hannity and his unbiased coverage with Fred Thompson. But the others networks had both Dem and GOP strategist and they all seem to be agreeing....Obama won. And the early polls as to won are pretty clear.

I give Obama B+ and McCain a C- - this debate wasn't even close. McCain had a much higher bar to jump...not only could he not jump high enough but he fell flat on his face.
    Let's have a moment of silence in memory of our dear friend BARYE. You will be missed. I liked you better than the other liberals in this thread.

*Freak4Dell calls the Bush hotline to provide GPS coordinates of moderateinny.*
    In the words of our fearless "decider"....BRING EM' ON. This old soldier has a few fights left in him.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Wow. Surprised to hear that Barye. I think the fact that the GOP talking heads on the news networks are all saying this was Obama's debate is telling. Well...excluding Sean Hannity and his unbiased coverage with Fred Thompson. But the others networks had both Dem and GOP strategist and they all seem to be agreeing....Obama won. And the early polls as to won are pretty clear.

I give Obama B+ and McCain a C- - this debate wasn't even close. McCain had a much higher bar to jump...not only could he not jump high enough but he fell flat on his face.
    hope I'm wrong -- and as usual I was mostly not watching it -- having spent most of my energy trying to keep a watch out for those black helicopters ...There's this horrible ringing in BARYE's ears -- (cough cough) -- and a tremendous amount of dust in the air ...??!!??
    hope I'm wrong -- and as usual I was mostly not watching it -- having spent most of my energy trying to keep a watch out for those black helicopters ...There's this horrible ringing in BARYE's ears -- (cough cough) -- and a tremendous amount of dust in the air ...??!!??
    It's Liddy coming to shoot you the face.....wait...no, that's Cheney....DUCK BARYE DUCK!
    This is a video showing how **** Morris who a year ago thought the accusation of Obama's associaton with Ayers was unfair and irrelevent, then studied up on the matter and what he found changed his mind.

What he found is that more than being Pals, the original purpose for their association was to distribute 60 Million dollars to promote (using Ayres own words) "the radicalization of students."

These funds were not to promote any academic achievement, or improvement of test scores, but to give students a radical social idiology.

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.h...istId=playlist

The word lie is used loosely on this thread in the context of what I and others say regarding Obama's being pals with radicals.

Saying Obama is "less than honest" is to be more than judicious. Sarahs chillbilly twang is the sound of what's honest and true, for those who want the truth.

They are more than Pals, much much more. They are comrades in a radical agenda.

----I am that Republican "Liar" Wayne, and I approved this message.----
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    This is a video showing how **** Morris who a year ago thought the accusation of Obama's associaton with Ayers was unfair and irrelevent, then studied up on the matter and what he found changed his mind.

What he found is that more than being Pals, the original purpose for their association was to distribute 60 Million dollars to promote (using Ayres own words) "the radicalization of students."

These funds were not to promote any academic achievement, or improvement of test scores, but to give students a radical social idiology.

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.h...istId=playlist

The word lie is used loosely on this thread in the context of what I and others say regarding Obama's being pals with radicals.

Saying Obama is "less than honest" is to be more than judicious. Sarahs chillbilly twang is the sound of what's honest and true, for those who want the truth.

They are more than Pals, much much more. They are comrades in a radical agenda.

----I am that Republican "Liar" Wayne, and I approved this message.----
    LOL. I'm rather enjoying watching you writhe and twist and desperately cling to this story as though it is anything but an over-exaggerated attempt to salvage your pathetic candidate's campaign. **** Morris? You're citing **** Morris? Why don't you just cite Sean Hannity as someone credible. My god man....get a life. Seriously...your post have become a laughing stock.

PS - you might want to tell your candidate that the Ayers thing is not sticking. Not even with moderate Republicans.

PSS - you also might want to tell him that he is supposed to be a "conservative" and as such, probably ought not propose $300 billion bailouts in a paltry attempt at populism. Especially since he already voted for the $300 billion for such bailouts....didn't he read the $700 billion dollar bailout bill he voted for before spending that money? Now he wants to spend ANOTHER $300 billion? Fiscal conservative my a$$.
    Yeah...like anyone ever believed McCain was really all that conservative
    Yeah...like anyone ever believed McCain was really all that conservative
    Good point. Then again, does anybody know WHAT John McCain stands for? He is against the Bush tax cuts - but he is for them. He is against the bailout - but he is for it. He is against deregulation - but he is for it. He is against torture - but he is for it.

On a serious note - McShame losing this thing could be the best thing for the Republican party since 1996. They are in complete disarray and if McShame loses, I suspect the party will reinvent themselves and may be a better party for it. Hopefully one that gets back to being fiscal conservatives.
    Good point. Then again, does anybody know WHAT John McCain stands for? He is against the Bush tax cuts - but he is for them. He is against the bailout - but he is for it. He is against deregulation - but he is for it. He is against torture - but he is for it.

On a serious note - McShame losing this thing could be the best thing for the Republican party since 1996. They are in complete disarray and if McShame loses, I suspect the party will reinvent themselves and may be a better party for it. Hopefully one that gets back to being fiscal conservatives.
    Heck he's all I got. Do you have to beat me over the head with him? Have mercy.

Better luck next time.
    Heck he's all I got. Do you have to beat me over the head with him? Have mercy.

Better luck next time.
    He has one more debate. It doesn't look good.

You may need a bottle of aspirin because you really leave me no choice but to keep beating you over the head with him until you admit you are compromising your principals to vote ideologically vs. logically.
    Talking about ideological and logical - take a look at this article. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220...googlenews_wsj

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221...googlenews_wsj

http://beltwayblips.com/story/rep_ba...itorial_board/

Sean Hannity - did he not win the Marconny award a couple of times? Is he not a favorite of Obama? Did not Obama send someone over to talk to him? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sean_Hannity_Show

He sure has a lot more credibility than the major network newscasters.

It is amazing how much there is coming out about Uncle Barney.
    He has one more debate. It doesn't look good.

You may need a bottle of aspirin because you really leave me no choice but to keep beating you over the head with him until you admit you are compromising your principals to vote ideologically vs. logically.
    You may have a point.

Now please what was that logical thing about Obama? I missed something?
    You may have a point.

Now please what was that logical thing about Obama? I missed something?
    I don't think I can beat logical thinking into your head - if I could I'd stop by and do so while I'm in the OC I would gladly volunteer to do my civic duty and help out a fellow American.

But here is a clue - you have an addiction to right-wing blogs and Sean Hannity. Maybe there are local Neo-con Addicts Recovery groups in your area that you can look into? You know, 7 steps sort of thing to help view the world less myopically?

I wish you good luck in your journey. We'll all be awaiting the new WHarropson on the other side.