Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Did not Barry Obama claim that he would keep the on the high road (as you call it)? If so, they what gives?
    Maybe you're hearing is going Ben - McSame pledged that he would not partake in gutter politics. McSame was smeared by the same attack machine he is now using in his sleazy, win-at-all costs campaign. Obama has no choice. For once, it seems the Dems are going to go on the attack and defend themselves for a change. They still won't be able to keep up with the right-wing lying machine, but they'll at least be trying this time around. McSame cannot win on matters of policy or anything of substance other than very thin arguments about Obama's character.

And based on the 3-1 margin of who is outlying who, I think he's done all that he can to take the high road. Too bad the righties got to McSame and leveraged his erratic, gun-slinger, "maverick" temperment to advance their radical political positions.

Just words, just speeches - that is all.
    I agree, McSame is a media ***** so I would have to agree, he is just words, just speeches - that is all. He poses for the camera very well though. "I'm against the Bush tax cuts", "I'm against lobbyist", "I'm against torture"...whatever he has had to say to get in the spotlight, McSame has done. Yet his voting record portrays a man you does not walk the talk....err....make that the "straight talk".

I looked on the net to determine if I could find any mention of McCain associating with terrorists and killers. Dang, did not find any at all. I looked on the net to determine if McCain launched his career at the home of any terrorists, killers, et cetera. Dang, did not find any at all. I looked on the net to determine if McCane is/was ashamed of his name and ethnicity. Dang, did not find any at all.

Poor Barry.
    Based on the places I know you'd look - I'm not surprised Ben. Coupled with the fact that the right-wing outlies the Dems and launch shameless and baseless attacks after another....as in the LIE LIKE A RUG....its no wonder you didn't find anything.
    I read the Wall Street Journal every morning along with the Orange County Register, my local paper. I wanted to forward an article from the Register this morning about FDR, so I searched the web with it's title and turns out it originated in the WSJ.

Enjoy.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2098480/posts

Here's a video Moder will like. It must be read:

Last edited by WHarropson; 10/06/2008 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    I read the Wall Street Journal every morning along with the Orange County Register, my local paper. I wanted to forward an article from the Register this morning about FDR, so I searched the web with it's title and turns out it originated in the WSJ.

This link also has a video that's pretty cool but the article is my purpose in sending it.

Enjoy.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2098480/posts
    The video is heavily edited and presented completely out of context. Do you neo-cons not understand the concept of context? My god. I really cannot fathom how you can consider yourself a christian and yet be so morally bankrupt as to propagate something so obviously edited that it has become a pack of lies.
    Moder, the link cycles a different video with every time it's clicked on. so it's possible you didn't see the same one I did, click on it and see.

The second link I edited in definately goes to a video.

The article was my original intent, the randomized video is just there to torture you... don't feel obligated to reply, it was an honest mistake on your part, but really, if I were you I would just paste your response to a file on your desktop, and copy paste it whenever you reply to me. Or you could easily abbreviate and just type "I don't like you" or something. I'll give me that same warm meaning your trying to express without wearing yourself out.

You never answered the John Stossel question I asked. I know you don't like him, but is his data wrong? That would be interesting to know.
    Last edited by WHarropson; 10/06/2008 at 11:05 AM.

You never answered the John Stossel question I asked. I know you don't like him, but is his data wrong? That would be interesting to know.
    I won't even watch the guy and I haven't read whatever it is you posted from him for reasons I've already stated. I'm not sure what else you'd like me to say about it. Stossel has no credibility and has been disproven so many times I won't even bother to waste my time considering his type of "journalism" as anything but sensationalism and useless information.
    I commend you your openmindedness.
    From Wikipedia re: John Stossel -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stossel#Criticism

A piece:

Some organizations such as Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) and Media Matters for America (MMfA), have criticized Stossel's work,[24][25] for an ostensible lack of balance of coverage and distortion of facts. For example, Stossel was criticized for a segment on his October 11, 1999, show, during which he argued that AIDS research has received too much funding, "25 times more than on Parkinson's, which kills more people." FAIR responded that, "In fact, AIDS killed more than 16,000 people in the United States in 1999," whereas Parkinson's averaged "a death toll in the United States of less than 4,000 per year."[26] Stossel claims in his books that he also receives criticism from the political right, because of his libertarian stance on such issues as drug legalization.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    He is open, but not to anyone who does not agree with him - what a shame. At least I read the links.
    They say even a blind squirrel finds a chestnut from time to time.

Stossel's "contribution research" thing could be that chestnut.

But be careful not to read it, he's a blacklisted source.

Thanks for the references. Now, we know something he's done could be innacurate. I'll accept that.

So everything he does should summerily be dismissed? I don't accept that.

I'm only interested in the contribution thing I referenced to?

And I'm open to research from respected sources, even if they disagree with me, like he does on legalizing drugs.

I read the criticisms of FAIR

Quote: FAIR's "target invariably is bias on the right" I suppose that's because bias doen't exist on the left.

A good source however to keep the right honest.

Obama Youth drill Team:
    Last edited by WHarropson; 10/06/2008 at 01:04 PM.
    They say even a blind squirrel finds a chestnut from time to time.

Stossel's "contribution research" thing could be that chestnut.

But be careful not to read it, he's a blacklisted source.

Thanks for the references. Now, we know something he's done could be innacurate. I'll accept that.

So everything he does should summerily be dismissed? I don't accept that.

I'm only interested in the contribution thing I referenced to?

And I'm open to research from respected sources, even if they disagree with me, like he does on legalizing drugs.

I read the criticisms of FAIR

Quote: FAIR's "target invariably is bias on the right" I suppose that's because bias doen't exist on the left.

A good source however to keep the right honest.

Obama Youth drill Team:
    After a while, one gets tired of spending more time debunking idiots like Stossel than "enjoying" his "research".
    Clinton tried to make hay out of this bull crap with Ayers and look how well that worked out for her? And why did it fail? Because its shear HOGWASH.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ladelphia.html

Analysis
    Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama met in Philadelphia's National Constitution Center for a debate televised by ABC News on April 16, just six days before the Pennsylvania presidential primary election. We noted some exaggerations and errors.

Obama's Radical "Connection"

Clinton exaggerated the violence committed by an Obama acquaintance who had been part of a radical group in the 1960s and 1970s and who refused to apologize for setting bombs.
    Clinton: Senator Obama served on a board with Mr. [William] Ayers for a period of time, the Woods Foundation, which was a paid directorship position.

And if I'm not mistaken, that relationship with Mr. Ayers on this board continued after 9/11 and after his reported comments, which were deeply hurtful to people in New York, and I would hope to every American, because they were published on 9/11 and he said that he was just sorry they hadn't done more. And what they did was set bombs and in some instances people died.
    In fact, nobody died as a result of bombings in which Ayers said he participated as part of the Weather Underground, at the New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, in a men's lavatory in the Capitol building in 1971 and in a women's restroom in the Pentagon in 1972. The deaths to which Clinton referred were of three Weather Underground members who died when their own "bomb factory" exploded in a Greenwich Village townhouse on March 6, 1970. Ayers was not present. Also, two police officers were murdered in connection with the robbery of a Brinks armored car by Weather Underground members in 1981. That was about a year after Ayers had turned himself in and after all charges against him had been dropped.

Ayers did say ''I don't regret setting bombs'' and "I feel we didn't do enough'' regarding the group's violent protests against the Vietnam War. That was in a New York Times interview that was published the morning of September 11, 2001. The interview had been conducted earlier, in connection with the publication of a memoir of the year Ayers spent as a fugitive with his wife and fellow Weather Underground member Bernardine Dohrn. Ayers is now a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Obama and Ayers served together for a time on the board of an antipoverty charity, the Woods Fund of Chicago, from 1999 to 2002. Ayers also contributed $200 to Obama's campaign for the Illinois state Senate on March 2, 2001.

When moderator George Stephanopoulos asked Obama about Ayers, the senator said he is "a guy who lives in my neighborhood ... who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis." He continued:
    Obama: And the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn't make much sense, George.
    Obama also correctly said that President Bill Clinton had pardoned or commuted the sentences of two Weather Underground members, who had, unlike Ayers, been convicted and sentenced to long prison terms. Bill Clinton indeed pardoned one and commuted the sentence of another.

Obama visited Ayer's home in 1995 at the invitation of an Illinois state senator, according to a Feb. 22 story in Politico.com. But Politico concluded, "There’s no evidence their relationship is more than the casual friendship of two men who occupy overlapping Chicago political circles and who served together on the board of a Chicago foundation." And while we by no means defend or condone bombings of any kind, Clinton strained the facts to make Ayers' 1970s activities sound homicidal.
    So Stossel's an *****. OK

Good analysis.
    So Stossel's an *****. OK

Good analysis.
    Well, he is, but that's beside the point.

The main point is that he has a history of distorting the facts.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, he is, but that's beside the point.

The main point is that he has a history of distorting the facts.
    Now who, may I ask, could that not be said about?
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...th-terrorists/

The wheels are falling off the McShame Express. What a shame.
    Maybe the McCain Campaign will wait until later to bring up some more juicy stuff like a guy called Frank Marshall Davis.

It would be a lot more effective closer to the election, and supports the fact that he is heavily influenced by very exteme leftists, and that will keep him from the Whitehouse if people know about it.

I Don't propose that you Barack supporters look this guy up, because I'm certain no past associations Barack has ever had will ever diminish his standing with you.

Aires won't do it, Jeramiah was Ok with you, so it won't matter if his father figure Frank was a Communist.

It won't bother you, but what really matters is that the moderates and independents and open minded get the truth. They will make the right decision... if they get the truth.

Bill Clinton said a really smart thing that defines the division in America.

He said:

Conservatives didn't like what happened in the 60s (ie weather underground, free sex, drugs, anti war protests etc.)

Liberals did.

And may I say liberals still do.

So that maxim would certainly define our differences, and why liberals utterly dismiss the Aires and other associations. Liberals dismiss them because actually they agreed with aires, they just don't say it openly.

So be real, liberals, admit that those radical associations are part of why you like Obama.
    Last edited by WHarropson; 10/06/2008 at 05:15 PM.
    And may I say liberals still do.
    No you may not. Some of your posts make you sound like a total a$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    I stand corrected sir.

Now how about correcting Bill Clinton.

I do believe he meant his statement to be timeless.

And he wasn't ashamed of it either.

And why would he be. This Ayers guy is kinda cool don't you think? I'll lay odds that both bill and hillary would be great friends with this guy if it wasn't impolitic. I'll never accuse the clintons of being stupid. Just phony.
    Last edited by WHarropson; 10/06/2008 at 06:29 PM.
    I stand corrected sir.

Now how about correcting Bill Clinton.

I do believe he meant his statement to be timeless.

And he wasn't ashamed of it either.

And why would he be. This Ayers guy is kinda cool don't you think? I'll lay odds that both bill and hillary would be great friends with this guy if it wasn't impolitic. I'll never accuse the clintons of being stupid. Just phony.
    What do you think of the Keating 5... or about mccain leaving his sick wife at 40 for a 25-year-old? What do you think of McCain's anger issue? What do you think of McCain's association with lobbyist? Why were McCain's records from captivity sealed?

Why, why why... would someone bring up that an "association" is living in the same neighborhood as someone else? Or being on a board that helps underprivileged children?

Oh, yea, you want to cut all funding to underprivileged kids... the hell with America's future....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    That was not nice... but it was true.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001