Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Obama and the 57 states:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

And, of course, he stated that John McCain hasn't referenced "my Muslim faith", referring to the fact that McCain hasn't directly claimed that Obama is a Muslim. Not a slip, but actually refuting the allegations that he isn't a
    Christian.
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/05/2008 at 01:03 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And on the lighter side of life, let's inject the Quail factor on Obama. From a stupid email received this morning not worthy of general comment, we remember Obama mentioned 57 states. Well, quoted from the email:

Now when Barack Obama says he's gonna go out and campaign
    in 57 states; he was just tired, you know, it's been such
    a long campaign; he's been so many places, he probably
    thinks there are 57 states.

Well, I have here a printout from a web site called the
    International Humanist and Ethical Union.
    And here is how the second paragraph of an article on
    that website begins.

"Every year from 1999 to 2005 the organization of the
    Islamic conference representing the 57 Islamic states
    presented a resolution to the United Nations Commission on
    human rights called combating."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organis...mic_Conference

Obama said he's going to campaign in 57 states, and it
    turns out that there are 57 Islamic states. There are 57
    Islamic states.

And just this weekend in an interview with George
    Stephanopolis, he mentioned "my muslim faith" ...and had to
    be corrected by George.... "you mean your Christian faith"!
    WOW!

So did Obama just lose his bearings, or was this a more
    telling slip, ladies and gentlemen?"

Goodness, the link is real and there are 57 Islamic member states. To think that anyone would post such trash!
    Boy Ben...this is proof of your neo-con ways. The guy said..."I think I've traveled now to fifty.....seven states" The context and lull between the fifty and seven are telling to any rational person....he misspoke to be sure, but it is clear to me he was mulling over in his head whether he had been to 50 or 47 states.

How the heck you get this whole Islamic thing out of it shows your a xenophobic neo-con.

Again, I love the smell of desperation in the morning....it smells like VICTORY.
    I know that I'm partially in denial because when these conspiracy thories justifiably erupt, there is a side of me that just doesn't want to believe that it could be all that insideous.

Obama's fo-pas (sp?) are not required to make a rational case against him.

He is a radical liberal. And these days that means he's a model Democrat.

His elocution skills when scripted make him look good. Looking good is 90+% of the game. We live in a television democracy and for that reason he is a formitable contender. My gosh they have sunday school like childrens choirs singing his praises.

People love winners and he appears to be one. Aperantly associations with racist pastors, terrorists and radical left wing causes can only do so much to harm him in this environment.

The fiftyseven state thing is wierd, but minor. The major problem is that he's a contender at all.

Churchill said that Americans always do the right thing, but not before exhausting all other possibilities.

We're about to elect one of those other possibilities. (inject childrens choir here)
    PS Moder you attack the source without any comment on the data. If stossel is all that bad why would ABC help him conduct the study?

You should be proud that liberals are smart enough to avoid wasting their hard earned money on charity when they can more efficiently vote for elected officials to do it for you from the public treasury.

You don't give your kind enough credit. It is really quite ingenious. Don't be so ashamed. If there is no God, then there is no one to hold you to account for being so stingy personally.

The data, when you look at it that way makes you look good.

Barack is after all "godlike to the Godless". don't listen to all that charity stuff you hear in church, your smarter than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    PS Moder you attack the source without any comment on the data. If stossel is all that bad why would ABC help him conduct the study?

You should be proud that liberals are smart enough to avoid wasting their hard earned money on charity when they can more efficiently vote for elected officials to do it for you from the public treasury.

You don't give your kind enough credit. It is really quite ingenious. Don't be so ashamed. If there is no God, then there is no one to hold you to account for being so stingy personally.

The data, when you look at it that way makes you look good.

Barack is after all "godlike to the Godless". don't listen to all that charity stuff you hear in church, your smarter than that.
    You have no idea how much I contribute to charity so what the heck are you even talking about? You also have no idea how I vote and are making a pretty big leap based on my ardent support for Obama in the Presidential race. I actually vote for Independents and Republicans in local races more than I vote Dems....assuming they aren't neo-con idiots. I am not a registered Democrat nor do I vote for Dems across the line blindly like I'm certain beyond a shaddow of a doubt you do with Republicans.

I think I'll take the high road and just ignore the rest of your senseless attacks and drivel. You can't even string together a sentence that makes sense and I'm tired of trying to understand your whacky, far-right ideological thought process or how anyone claiming to be a Christian can act in the dishonest and disgraceful manner in which you conduct yourself. Shame on you.

Later tater.
    If Barack Obama would apply for a job with the FBI or with the Secret Service, he would be disqualified because of his past association with William Ayers, a known terrorist.

If he is elected President he would not qualify to be his own body guard!
    If Barack Obama would apply for a job with the FBI or with the Secret Service, he would be disqualified because of his past association with William Ayers, a known terrorist.

Proof positive how lacking this "association" really is. Or are you questioning the integrity and abilities of our secret service? Why do you hate American WHarropson?
    So your saying the Stossel information was good information?

I misundertood you. I show you a study, you answer that you don't like that guy. You obviously don't like a lot of people, so back to the point, do you have proof the study was faked, or do you simply dismiss everything from somebody you don't like?

I try to be complimentary of you and see how you treat me?

this is another of these right wing myths perpetrated by underground whispers and McShame --

Obama and ’60s Bomber: A Look Into Crossed Paths

By SCOTT SHANE NYTimes
    October 4, 2008
    CHICAGO — At a tumultuous meeting of anti-Vietnam War militants at the Chicago Coliseum in 1969, Bill Ayers helped found the radical Weathermen, launching a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and United States Capitol.

Twenty-six years later, at a lunchtime meeting about school reform in a Chicago skyscraper, Barack Obama met Mr. Ayers, by then an education professor. Their paths have crossed sporadically since then...

In a televised interview last spring, Senator John McCain, Mr. Obama’s Republican rival, asked, “How can you countenance someone who was engaged in bombings that could have or did kill innocent people?”

More recently, conservative critics who accuse Mr. Obama of a stealth radical agenda have asserted that he has misleadingly minimized his relationship with Mr. Ayers...

...the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called “somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.”...

... they have not spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages since Mr. Obama began serving in the United States Senate in January 2005 and last met more than a year ago when they bumped into each other on the street in Hyde Park...

... in Chicago, Mr. Ayers has largely been rehabilitated...

Since earning a doctorate in education at Columbia in 1987, Mr. Ayers has been a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the author or editor of 15 books, and an advocate of school reform.

“He’s done a lot of good in this city and nationally,” Mayor Richard M. Daley said in an interview this week, explaining that he has long consulted Mr. Ayers on school issues. Mr. Daley, whose father was Chicago’s mayor during the street violence accompanying the 1968 Democratic National Convention and the so-called Days of Rage the following year, said he saw the bombings of that time in the context of a polarized and turbulent era.

“This is 2008,” Mr. Daley said. “People make mistakes. You judge a person by his whole life.”...

In March 1995, Mr. Obama became chairman of the six-member board that oversaw the distribution of grants in Chicago. Some bloggers have recently speculated that Mr. Ayers had engineered that post for him.

In fact, according to several people involved, Mr. Ayers played no role in Mr. Obama’s appointment...Ms. Leff suggested that Mr. Obama would make a good board chairman, she said in an interview. Mr. Ayers was not present and had not suggested Mr. Obama...

A board member at the time, R. Eden Martin, a corporate lawyer and president of the Commercial Club of Chicago, described both men as conscientious in examining proposed community projects but could recall nothing remarkable about their dealings with each other. “You had people who were liberal and some who were pretty conservative, but we usually reached a consensus,” Mr. Martin said of the panel.

Since 2002, there is little public evidence of their relationship...

...In an article that by chance was published on Sept. 11, 2001, The New York Times wrote about Mr. Ayers and his just-published memoir, “Fugitive Days,” opening with a quotation from the author: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.”

Three days after the Qaeda attacks, Mr. Ayers wrote a reply posted on his Web site to clarify his quoted remarks, saying the meaning had been distorted.

“My memoir is from start to finish a condemnation of terrorism, of the indiscriminate murder of human beings, whether driven by fanaticism or official policy,” he wrote...

“I saw no evidence of a radical streak, either overt or covert, when we were together at Harvard Law School,” said Bradford A. Berenson, who worked on the Harvard Law Review with Mr. Obama and who served as associate White House counsel under President Bush. Mr. Berenson, who is backing Mr. McCain, described his fellow student as “a pragmatic liberal” whose moderation frustrated others at the law review whose views were much farther to the left...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    So your saying the Stossel information was good information?

I misundertood you. I show you a study, you answer that you don't like that guy. You obviously don't like a lot of people, so back to the point, do you have proof the study was faked, or do you simply dismiss everything from somebody you don't like?

I try to be complimentary of you and see how you treat me?
    What is this - reverse psychology? Or maybe you're speaking in parables to me?

Again, why do you hate America?
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    this is another of these right wing myths perpetrated by underground whispers and McShame --

Obama and ’60s Bomber: A Look Into Crossed Paths

By SCOTT SHANE NYTimes
    October 4, 2008
    CHICAGO — At a tumultuous meeting of anti-Vietnam War militants at the Chicago Coliseum in 1969, Bill Ayers helped found the radical Weathermen, launching a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and United States Capitol.

Twenty-six years later, at a lunchtime meeting about school reform in a Chicago skyscraper, Barack Obama met Mr. Ayers, by then an education professor. Their paths have crossed sporadically since then...

In a televised interview last spring, Senator John McCain, Mr. Obama’s Republican rival, asked, “How can you countenance someone who was engaged in bombings that could have or did kill innocent people?”

More recently, conservative critics who accuse Mr. Obama of a stealth radical agenda have asserted that he has misleadingly minimized his relationship with Mr. Ayers...

...the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called “somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.”...

... they have not spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages since Mr. Obama began serving in the United States Senate in January 2005 and last met more than a year ago when they bumped into each other on the street in Hyde Park...

... in Chicago, Mr. Ayers has largely been rehabilitated...

Since earning a doctorate in education at Columbia in 1987, Mr. Ayers has been a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the author or editor of 15 books, and an advocate of school reform.

“He’s done a lot of good in this city and nationally,” Mayor Richard M. Daley said in an interview this week, explaining that he has long consulted Mr. Ayers on school issues. Mr. Daley, whose father was Chicago’s mayor during the street violence accompanying the 1968 Democratic National Convention and the so-called Days of Rage the following year, said he saw the bombings of that time in the context of a polarized and turbulent era.

“This is 2008,” Mr. Daley said. “People make mistakes. You judge a person by his whole life.”...

In March 1995, Mr. Obama became chairman of the six-member board that oversaw the distribution of grants in Chicago. Some bloggers have recently speculated that Mr. Ayers had engineered that post for him.

In fact, according to several people involved, Mr. Ayers played no role in Mr. Obama’s appointment...Ms. Leff suggested that Mr. Obama would make a good board chairman, she said in an interview. Mr. Ayers was not present and had not suggested Mr. Obama...

A board member at the time, R. Eden Martin, a corporate lawyer and president of the Commercial Club of Chicago, described both men as conscientious in examining proposed community projects but could recall nothing remarkable about their dealings with each other. “You had people who were liberal and some who were pretty conservative, but we usually reached a consensus,” Mr. Martin said of the panel.

Since 2002, there is little public evidence of their relationship...

...In an article that by chance was published on Sept. 11, 2001, The New York Times wrote about Mr. Ayers and his just-published memoir, “Fugitive Days,” opening with a quotation from the author: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.”

Three days after the Qaeda attacks, Mr. Ayers wrote a reply posted on his Web site to clarify his quoted remarks, saying the meaning had been distorted.

“My memoir is from start to finish a condemnation of terrorism, of the indiscriminate murder of human beings, whether driven by fanaticism or official policy,” he wrote...

“I saw no evidence of a radical streak, either overt or covert, when we were together at Harvard Law School,” said Bradford A. Berenson, who worked on the Harvard Law Review with Mr. Obama and who served as associate White House counsel under President Bush. Mr. Berenson, who is backing Mr. McCain, described his fellow student as “a pragmatic liberal” whose moderation frustrated others at the law review whose views were much farther to the left...
    But why do you keep refusing to accept the truth? Can't you see the danger signs that Obama is a black militant that hates America and is secretly plotting to convert us all into Muslims?

Again, if such right-wing lies weren't so hypocritical and dangerous, they'd be funny. But I'm not laughing.
    Moder
    You said:

"You can't even string together a sentence that makes sense"

I'll paste in one for you to explain, if you paste one of mine in to explain.

Here's yours I need help with:

Proof positive how lacking this "association" really is. Or are you questioning the integrity and abilities of our secret service? Why do you hate American WHarropson?

Now your turn:______________________________________________
    Thanks Barye. I do humbly apologize. It is a temptation for me to forward every snipe that comes along to diminish the opposition. Let's just say that you have much more confidience that the association is meaningless.

I have no proof that Obama wouldn't be qualified to be his own bodyguard.

It wasn't my best snipe.

Here's yours I need help with:
    Well you need a lot more help than I can offer, but I'll at least dumb this one down for you. First, I'll assume your question is "Here's where I need your help?" and not "Here's yours I need help with?"

"Proof positive how lacking this "association" really is."

This means that Obama has already undergone a background check - probably several - and I'm sure the secret service, the CIA, etc. have all done plenty of checking on his past. If he were a real threat due to his "associations" I'm sure we'd know about it and he would not be a Senator let alone running for President. Most major newspapers and fact checking sites have already debunked the whole notion that "Obama hung around with terrorists" months ago. It's a non-starter simply because it is a HUGE leap to assume that Obama advocated Ayres positions when he was an 8 year old boy when Ayres did these things. Moreover, Obama has denounced the man's past and hardly hung around the man beyond incidental contact with him back in Chicago.

"Or are you questioning the integrity and abilities of our secret service?"

In reference to the above. Obama has been vetted by several agencies within our government. I'm sure they know a lot more than you do and if you lack confidence in their abilities, well then I think you're un-American.

"Why do you hate American WHarropson?"

Obviously a rhetorical dig (and common mantra of the right...why do you hate America?) at you since you're a neo-con and seem to be trying to play the patriotism card on a very very shakey premise.

Did you get all of that? I hope so because I don't allow for make-up assignments in my class.

Class dismissed.
    All points were adequately made Moder, I ask your apologies for my bad sentence structure, and stand corrected on the security worthiness of Obama.

Rhetorical digs however are better when they have context, like humor is good when it has truth...

There is a market for nasty humor, I just don't subscribe to it.

My Secret service thing fell on it's face, I'll try to do better.
    The dangers in the future we face are real,

This great country has an undercurrent that is moving away from what made it great.

Obama's associating with the Aires guy is OK with Democrats, and it is suspect to those of us who cherish the genious of our founding.

One reason I'm as forgiving of Obama as I am is that I realise that his agenda is based on an idealism that is misguided but sincere.

Someone said:
    If you are young and conservative you have no heart,
    if you are old and liberal you have no brain.

Here is an interesting conspiracy video. Please let me know what you think of it, and weather you think this Bill Aires guy and Obama qualifies as one of the willing stooges this guy is talking about.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6KUDv1wzraWhwlBt1

This great country has an undercurrent that is moving away from what made it great.
    Some might call it the tidal wave of phony conservatism instead of an undercurrent.

Obama's associating with the Aires guy is OK with Democrats, and it is suspect to those of us who cherish the genious of our founding.
    Well there you go again...

...his "association" isn't all that the right-wing are trying to make of it. The AP just reported its unsubstantiated and even Rove himself is questioning McSame's strategy.

I hope and pray that McSame plays this hand out. Guilt by association is a really really stupid game to play for a man who was far more deeply connected with the Keatings than Obama ever was with Ayers. Toss in Ambramoff and Indian Gambling and a few others and I think McSame's strategy will blow up in his face.

One reason I'm as forgiving of Obama as I am is that I realise that his agenda is based on an idealism that is misguided but sincere.
    Perhaps. But we've seen how well the neo-con agenda has worked out. How much longer must the country suffer while you and your ilk work out the kinks in your ideology? It's a laughable position really given you have zero credibility.

Someone said:
    Did they teach you that at the latest Young Republiscum convention? You know the annual gathering of chickenhawk brats that show up for their annual brainwashing of neo-con ideology?

Here is an interesting conspiracy video. Please let me know what you think of it, and weather you think this Bill Aires guy and Obama qualifies as one of the willing stooges this guy is talking about.

I won't watch it. Some of us like to read facts rather than search youtube and other dubious videos on the internet to validate their radical viewpoints.
    Do you have a preferred candidate Moder. Maybe we could talk about who you support for the presidency.

Someone said:

The only thing McSame has show is his desperation.

What ever happened to "straight talk" and McSame's promise to run a "clean campaign?"

Anyone with HALF a brain cell would know that obama was 8 when bill was running around with this group. They will also know that bill is closely associated with many politicians and is a prominent person in Chicago. That means paths cross... he has worked with Dems and Rep.

But of course, it is the only thing the republicans have on obama... if you really look at it, it is silly and laughable.

Using this association only goes to show that McSame can't keep his word and severally lacks in the "judgment" department.

I'm waiting for the ad where the dems question McSame leaving his last wife for his current wife, while he was still married to his first wife. She was sick, so it must have been okay. Or how he gained so much ethics experience... oh, yea, keating 5... and his close ties to lobbyists all the way until last year. Remember Vicky? Yea, a lobbist McSame was supposed to have slept with at worse, or at best, helped her bosses (people she lobbied for) to get McSame to write some letters on their behalf.

I could go on.... Your candidate sucks when it comes to "associations."

All McSame wants to do is get obama to join him in the dirt... hopefully obama will keep on the high road...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Barry Obama keeping the high road? Did not Barry Obama ask his supporters to protest at the Palin event in Texas? Has McCain asked his supporters to protest at any Barry Obama events?

Did not Barry Obama claim that he would keep the on the high road (as you call it)? If so, they what gives?

Just words, just speeches - that is all.

I looked on the net to determine if I could find any mention of McCain associating with terrorists and killers. Dang, did not find any at all. I looked on the net to determine if McCain launched his career at the home of any terrorists, killers, et cetera. Dang, did not find any at all. I looked on the net to determine if McCane is/was ashamed of his name and ethnicity. Dang, did not find any at all.

Poor Barry.