Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    Conservatives go to church to worship. Gods inspires us toward self sufficiency.

Liberals go to city hall. Because that's were they can elect someone to steal for them.

I make six figures and I need no one to steal for me, nor do I think because all goes well in my world along with my droppings of legal tender in the collection plate at church makes me a right wing candidate, and because of the above, I guess I have the right to bash the less than self sufficient and label them as far to the left. Keep going to Church friend, its doing you justice. God, I can't believe I posted in the mist of this Bull$hit...whoops, sorry I swore, I must be a liberal.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I make six figures and I need no one to steal for me, nor do I think because all goes well in my world along with my droppings of legal tender in the collection plate at church makes me a right wing candidate, and because of the above, I guess I have the right to bash the less than self sufficient and label them as far to the left. Keep going to Church friend, its doing you justice. God, I can't believe I posted in the mist of this Bull$hit...whoops, sorry I swore, I must be a liberal.
    I'm a self-made man myself and have done very well financially in my life - and while I'm agnostic, I'm confident that if there is a god I will be judged very well some day based on what I've done in my community, how I raised my kids, remained loyal to my marriage, etc. Organized religion - and especially Catholicism - does not hold some sort of exclusivity on morality and decency (as evidenced by some of the alleged Christians up here on this forum...Shop excluded).

I was raised a Catholic and still have many friends who are Catholic - to many of them, going to church is truly spiritually meaningful. To a few others...its an exercise in maintaining a certain status in our affluent suburb. I never quite understood that myself. I figure, if Jesus were the son of god and god does in fact know all, then he knows I'm a good man - as in, spirituality is within one's self - not in the percentage of my income that I toss in the collection plate or how impressed other church goers are with my new luxury car.

Now my Catholic friends and I have disagreed over politics in the past but this year things are different. This year more of my Catholic friends are feeling torn and realize there is more to being a good Christian than embracing those that commit many many sins all in the name of one or two social wedge issues. I'm hoping that many of them will cross over and embrace the lesser of the evils (well at least this year...who knows if they can stay that way once they are in control).
    Until the profanity I wasn't sure what you were, and I'm still not positive, but I'll address you as a liberal:

As a wealthy Liberal, how do you think the liberals did in managing the FanFred thing? Were they right about causing the collapse of the mortgage markets?

Here's a little lesson in the differences in the philosophys of the parties:

Barney Frank when confronted about any culpability he had said he did nothing wrong. He believes that, or he's lying. Pick one.

Chris Cox (Republican) was asked the same question. He replied that he screwed up.

Which of the two, in your opinion is more trustworthy to remain in his respective position? Is it the one who after all this believes he did nothing wrong? Some think so. He'll likely get a promotion for his "courage". That's what liberals do, promote bad behavior and attribute virtue to it.

That's why I'm a Republican. It's the integrity thing that I get a little hung up on. I hope you'll forgive me for that.

If you continue voting for people who don't believe in taking responsibility, or know how to require responsibility of anyone, you truly are liberal in the purest sense wealthy or not.

Stossel did a study on who gives the most to charity. Wealthy Democrats give the least: they would rather be the administrators of doling out other peoples money. It makes them feel charitable when they are not. They are phony..

http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnS...charity?page=2

There is a certain poster on this thread that has a lot to say about Jesus stuff. He's always using Jesus name and accusing Republicans of being bad things.. The stossel thing probably won't affect him, he'll still blame everything on Conservatives, but I do think He'll appreciate the profanity more than I, so you will feel at home here.

Thanks for your comments.
    Until the profanity I wasn't sure what you were, and I'm still not positive, but I'll address you as a liberal:

As a wealthy Liberal, how do you think the liberals did in managing the FanFred thing? Were they right about causing the collapse of the mortgage markets?
    I've posted my theories on the collapse already but you're clearly not willing to read it or attempt to understand it. You're intolerant and so intellectually dishonest that I hope you're wealthy as you'll need a pile of dough to buy yourself into heaven someday.

Here's a little lesson in the differences in the philosophys[sic] of the parties:

Barney Frank when confronted about any culpability he had said he did nothing wrong. He believes that, or he's lying. Pick one.
    I have. I'll pick the ones that aren't LYING about the situation. You seriously watch too much Bill O. But you like that whole shout down, screaming, ranting, bullying approach of his, don't you?

Chris Cox (Republican) was asked the same question. He replied that he screwed up.
    Chris Cox did not do this alone. Both parties did it, but only one has been in the majority for much of this. To blame either Chris Cox or Barney Frank for what happen just proves your utter lack of integrity and intellectually dishonesty.

Which of the two, in your opinion is more trustworthy to remain in his respective position? Is it the one who after all this believes he did nothing wrong? Some think so. He'll likely get a promotion for his "courage". That's what liberals do, promote bad behavior and attribute virtue to it.
    This statement from a man you contributed to the nation's biggest "you f&ck up, you move up" in history. Bush never ran anything that he didn't run into the ground. Now he has done it with our country and yet, you act as though it is all Barney Frank's fault and that "liberals" promote those that don't deserve it. What a coward you are for not owing up to your abysmally poor judgment in re-electing Bush. What a coward you are for pretending that the Republicans are not culpable in any way for the economic disaster and Bush legacy we are all "enjoying" today. Thanks a lot for putting your extremist, neo-con politics ahead of the country.

That's why I'm a Republican. It's the integrity thing that I get a little hung up on. I hope you'll forgive me for that.
    I most certainly do not. I might forgive you for having no idea what integrity is though...because you most certainly do not.

If you continue voting for people who don't believe in taking responsibility, or know how to require responsibility of anyone, you truly are liberal in the purest sense wealthy or not.
    I love this - personal responsibility. If it weren't so dangerous, it would be comical. When has Bush taken responsibility for anything? When have his supporters? When has the GOP ever taken responsibility for their corruption, lies, and party-first gutter politics?

Stossel did a study on who gives the most to charity. Wealthy Democrats give the least: they would rather be the administrators of doling out other peoples money. It makes them feel charitable when they are not. They are phony..

http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnS...charity?page=2
    Stossel is a right-wing shill. I don't believe a thing he says and I'd bet $1MM he spun the findings - and you ate it up without fact checking - just to make some salacious point about who gives more to charity.

There is a certain poster on this thread that has a lot to say about Jesus stuff. He's always using Jesus name and accusing Republicans of being bad things.
    Accusing Republicans of bad things? Are you saying they are only capable of good things? LOL.

The stossel thing probably won't affect him, he'll still blame everything on Conservatives, but I do think He'll appreciate the profanity more than I, so you will feel at home here.
    I don't blame everything on "conservatives" and take exception to your association with the word as a former Goldwater Republican. You're a neo-con and I do blame you and other neo-cons, like Bush, Cheney, Rummy, etc. for their appalling failures and the damage they have done to this nation here and abroad. And my angst with your holier-than-thou, personal-responsibility bullcrap is that you're a phoney just like those you've elected. You're about as religious as my cat and you and your neo-con friends use religion to advance your radical and dangerous ideology.

Thanks for your comments.
    No, thank you. Really. Your attempts at insulting me were incredibly illuminating about who you really are.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 10/04/2008 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Bush never ran anything that he didn't run into the ground.
    That's funny...I seem to recall that Bush ran Texas for a few years. I'm a Texan. I'm still here. I have not been run into the ground, nor have my fellow Texans.

He also partially ran the Texas Rangers for a while. I don't know the specifics, but I assume he did that pretty well, since he did make a $15 million dollar profit off of that when he sold it.

I think we should take some time to applaud President Bush for gracefully playing the scapegoat in our political system. After all, without him, who would we blame for our problems...from the economy right down to that time you wanted a PB&J sandwich, but there was only one slice of bread left, and it was the endpiece? The Democratic controlled Congress? Certainly not!
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    After all, without him, who would we blame for our problems...
    Well the Dems, of course. Heaven forbid the party of "personal responsibility" accept any responsibility.

Another glass of Kool Aid for you sir? Or will that be all this evening?

Oh and his $15MM....well...read about it here:

Bush as businessman
    How the Texas governor made his millions

ARLINGTON, Texas (May 13) -- In Austin, Texas, not everyone admires Gov. George W. Bush.

Radio host Jim Hightower is one such Bush critic. "He says he's a compassionate conservative," Hightower said. "I say he's a crony capitalist."

"Crony capitalist?" Maybe. Multi-millionaire? Certainly.

Bush started in the Texas oil business, after Yale University and Harvard Business School. Wealthy family friends and others invested millions with him, but with poor results. A 1985 disclosure shows Bush's track record: Investors got back only 45 cents on the dollar, but few complained.

Investors also got tax deductions averaging more than 80 cents on every dollar invested. Those early Bush ventures were mainly tax shelters.

When his father was president, there were suspicions that the Persian Gulf nation of Bahrain tried to enrich the younger Bush. Bahrain granted an exclusive drilling contract to Harken Energy Corporation, in which the younger Bush held stock. But he says he opposed the deal.

Bush spokesperson Karen Hughes says, "He felt the company just was not large enough, that it was outside the scope of their experience." And the deal turned out to be a loser, abandoned after two expensive dry holes.

In 1990 Bush unloaded most of his Harken shares for $835,000 about two months before Harken announced a big loss. That triggered an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission into possible insider trading by Bush, but the SEC took no action.

A look at Harken's stock price may show why: Bush sold for $4 a share. Harken stock did dip to $2.38 the day after the bad earnings were released, but four days later bounced right back to $4 a share, exactly what Bush had been paid.

And the stock kept rising: Bush attorney Robert Jordan said, "A year later, in fact, the value had doubled to $8 a share."

So Bush could have done much better if he had waited.

Bush did not make his fortune in the oil fields. He made it at a major-league ball park heavily subsidized by taxpayers.

Bush takes credit for conceiving The Ballpark at Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers baseball team, which he bought in 1989 with a wealthy group of investors. Among them: billionaire Richard Rainwater of Fort Worth.

Bush invested just over $600,000, but Arlington taxpayers invested a lot more.

"It was $135 million worth of sales tax money," said attorney Glenn Sodd. "The city donated a good bit of land to the project. They got a sales tax exemption on all the items that were purchased for the stadium. We have a property tax in Texas and they were given as part of the deal a property tax exemption." A total of at least $200 million, according to Sodd.

And there's more: Sodd sued the Rangers on behalf of two families whose property was seized for stadium parking. A jury found they were paid about one-seventh of what the land was worth.

But the Rangers defend the deal.

"Basically, what we think we did was to create a model public-private partnership in which both sides came out ahead," said Bush partner and Rangers President Tom Schieffer.

Bush declined to be interviewed, but Schieffer says taxpayers got their money's worth.

"That's what we have always said in this process: 'If this wasn't good for Arlington, don't do it.' And that's the way we took it to the voters," Schieffer said. "We said, 'This is going to be good for the Rangers, no question about it. This is going to be good for us. But if it's not going to be good for you, don't do it.'"

The team threatened to move, and Arlington taxpayers voted in a half-cent increase in the sales tax. The vote was 2-to-1.

The new, subsidized stadium turned out to be a great deal for Bush. He was the most visible partner, and the publicity helped launch him into the governorship in 1994. And when the team was sold last year Bush's share came to at least $14.9 million with perhaps another $1 million or $2 million still to come.

Jim Runzheimer is one Arlington resident who opposed the deal.

"He put $600,000 into this project and he did a little bit better than Hillary Clinton," Runzheimer said. "She only made ... $100,000 or $200,000, from her dealing in commodities. Gov. Bush has made $15 million."

Fans love the stadium. And the team has flourished financially.

"Looking at it from the perspective of a businessman, this was an awfully sweet deal for the business," said Sodd. "Looking at it as a public official, we think it's lousy policy to use government money to subsidize billionaires in the pursuit of their business interests."

So Bush the businessman did prosper. But not by his bootstraps -- with help from wealthy friends and taxpayer subsidies.
    Eh...Kool-Aid is not really my thing...I could go for a Blue Raspberry Arctic Rush from Dairy Queen, though.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Well the Dems, of course. Heaven forbid the party of "personal responsibility" accept any responsibility.

Another glass of Kool Aid for you sir? Or will that be all this evening?

Oh and his $15MM....well...read about it here:
    junior's ball game all along has been to socialize risk while privatizing reward -- all while insisting on Ayn Rand capitalism for all the little people.

His leveraging of his rich connections and the Arlington Texas tax payers into a cool $15 million for himself, is a classic.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Eh...Kool-Aid is not really my thing...I could go for a Blue Raspberry Arctic Rush from Dairy Queen, though.
    LOL. Cheers to levity.
    ...how do you think the liberals did in managing the FanFred thing? Were they right about causing the collapse of the mortgage markets?

Here's a little lesson in the differences in the philosophys of the parties:

Chris Cox (Republican) was asked the same question. He replied that he screwed up...
    I'm not sure what you think you know about the mortgage crisis and Fannie Mae -- but the truth is probably a good bit different than you suppose.

The subprime mortgage market exploded after 2001 (after junior seized power). It exploded under his watch. ("Between 2001 and 2004, the overall subprime mortgage market — loans to the riskiest borrowers — grew from $160 billion to $540 billion..."). This was a fourfold increase over what it had been prior to junior.

(since this is a largely an answer connected to the housing crisis, the rest of this response will be in the mortgage thread...)
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/05/2008 at 01:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I'm not sure what you think you know about the mortgage crisis and Fannie Mae -- but the truth is probably a good bit different than you suppose.

The subprime mortgage market exploded after 2001 (after junior seized power). It exploded under his watch. ("Between 2001 and 2004, the overall subprime mortgage market loans to the riskiest borrowers grew from $160 billion to $540 billion). This was a fourfold increase over what it had been prior to junior.

(since this is a largely an answer connected to the housing crisis, the rest of this response will be in the mortgage thread...)
    Not just junior's watch - the REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED HOUSE AND SENATE.
    Shhhhh.... why bring that up?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    probably you didn't hear about this moderateinny -- it was one of junior's less publicized "signing statement" executive orders.

This was the executive order that suspended the House and Senate, and ended their supervisory function -- they were replaced by a rubber stamp wielded by **** Cheney from his secret undisclosed location.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    probably you didn't hear about this moderateinny -- it was one of junior's less publicized "signing statement" executive orders.

This was the executive order that suspended the House and Senate, and ended their supervisory function -- they were replaced by a rubber stamp wielded by **** Cheney from his secret undisclosed location.
    LOL. I'm not sure what is worse - your version, whereby the Republican controlled House and Senate ceded all power to the "Imperial Vice Presidency" or my version, whereby the House, Senate, White House and all branches of government (like the DOJ and EPA for instance) all turned into an orgy of rubber stampers. So not only did they fail to regulate the "free markets" but they also failed abysmally at regulating themselves.

Frankly I like mine better because your version gives them plausable deniability. Let them take "personal responsibility" for their horrific spending and rubber stamping.
    I am so happy to be as well regarded as John Stossel here.

Moder you made my day! Thanks.

What's the matter Moder? Is everybody who publishes good research in some kind of a conspiracy to make you look bad? You protest too much.

ABC's 2020 is a pretty scary organization, d'ya think?

Someone here might remember my comment that Bush wanted people to own their own homes to a fault. I also said that he wasn't as conservative as he should have been.

I take absolutely 100% responsibility for my voting for him in both elections. I wish we had better choices back then, I wish we had better choices now.

As bad as things have gone for Bush nothing will convince me that having had Gore or Kerry would have improved things. You make the best choices available to you, and you live with the result. That's how I do it. What do you do?

And of all of you here, does anyone think the report about Bushes business dealings with oil and the ballfield diminishes him. Was there a conspiracy in that report I missed?

Many good comments were made about the mortgage crisis here, no one refuted my comparison of the Republican taking responsibility/ Democrat denying responsibility comparison. Are you conceding the point to me or just talking around it?

Let me make a simpler statement.

Republicans get fired when things go wrong.

Democrat's get promoted when things go wrong.

A worthy maxim.

Thanks for all your replies. Really.
    I am so happy to be as well regarded as John Stossel here.

Moder you made my day! Thanks.

What's the matter Moder? Is everybody who publishes good research in some kind of a conspiracy to make you look bad? You protest too much.

ABC's 2020 is a pretty scary organization, d'ya think?
    Stossel is known to barely do research, stretch the truth, and play with the facts to sensationalize his story and advance his conservative views.

His greatest hits are summarized here for those interested in truth - you on the other hand, may want to look the other way and pretend its not there or your eyes may burn out of their sockets.

Criticism

Some organizations such as Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) and Media Matters for America (MMfA), have criticized Stossel's work,[24][25] for an ostensible lack of balance of coverage and distortion of facts. For example, Stossel was criticized for a segment on his October 11, 1999, show, during which he argued that AIDS research has received too much funding, "25 times more than on Parkinson's, which kills more people." FAIR responded that, "In fact, AIDS killed more than 16,000 people in the United States in 1999," whereas Parkinson's averaged "a death toll in the United States of less than 4,000 per year."[26] Stossel claims in his books that he also receives criticism from the political right, because of his libertarian stance on such issues as drug legalization.

[edit] Controversies

[edit] Galbraith and Stossel

Liberal economist James K. Galbraith said that Stossel, in a story on laissez-faire economics in September 1999, used an out of context clip of Galbraith to make it seem that Galbraith had said nearly the opposite of what he meant. Stossel denied that Galbraith's views had been misrepresented but changed the words with which he introduced the Galbraith clip in rebroadcasts of the program.[27][28][29]

[edit] Organic Vegetables

A February 2000 story about organic vegetables on 20/20 included statements by Stossel that tests had shown that neither organic nor conventional produce samples contained any pesticide residue, and that organic food was more likely to be contaminated by E. coli bacteria. The Environmental Working Group objected to his report, mainly questioning his statements about bacteria, but also managed to determine that the produce had never been tested for pesticides. They communicated this to Stossel, but after the story's producer backed Stossel's recollection that the test results had been as described, the story was rebroadcast months later, uncorrected, and with a postscript in which Stossel reiterated his claim. Later, after a report in The New York Times confirmed the Environmental Working Group's claims, ABC News suspended the producer of the segment for a month and reprimanded Stossel. Stossel apologized, saying that he had thought the tests had been conducted as reported. However, he asserted that the gist of his report had been accurate.[30][31][32][33][34]

[edit] Televangelist Lifestyle

In a March 2007 segment about finances and lifestyles of televangelists, 20/20 aired a clip of a TV minister originally broadcast by the Lifetime Network in 1997. The clip made it seem that the minister was describing his wealth in extravagant terms, when actually, he was telling a parable about a rich man. ABC News twice aired a retraction and apologized for the error. The minister filed a lawsuit against Stossel, his source for the clip, 20/20, and ABC for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.[35][36]

[edit] "Sick Sob Stories"

In an opinion piece published in The Wall Street Journal in September 2007 called "Sick Sob Stories", Stossel described the case of Tracy and Julie Pierce that was explored in Michael Moore's film, Sicko.[37] Julie criticized Stossel, saying her husband would have been saved by the Canadian health care system, and she thought Stossel should have interviewed her and her doctor before writing about them.[38] Stossel expressed sympathy, but said she had been misled to believe the treatment was routinely available in Canada. He said that the treatment is also considered "experimental" in Canada, and is provided there even more rarely than in the U.S.[39]

[edit] Global Warming

Stossel agrees that global warming exists, but he is skeptical of definitive claims that it is caused by human activity. He asserts the science is not settled regarding the cause, and has argued that there is not a scientific consensus. He also challenges the notion that man-made climate change would have net negative consequences, pointing to warmer periods in human history.[40] Central to his argument is the idea that groups and individuals get much more public attention, donations, and government funding when they proclaim "this will be terrible" than groups that say "this is nothing to worry about." He points to groups like the World Wildlife Fund, Greenpeace, Rachel Carson, the Environmental Defense Fund, the Natural Resources Defense Council, and former U.S. Vice President Al Gore as examples of environmental scaremongers.[41]
    At Live Earth New York, Stossel was one of a handful of media personalities named by environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. as "these Flat Earthers, these corporate toadies, lying to you, lying to the American public, and telling you that global warming doesn't exist...."[42][43] In 2001, FAIR criticized Stossel's reportage of global warming in his documentary, "Tampering with Nature," for using "highly selective...information" that gave "center stage to three dissenters from among the 2,000 members of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which recently released a report stating that global temperatures are rising almost twice as fast as previously thought."[44]

[edit] Conflict of Interest

David Mastio of Salon.com wrote in February 2000 that Stossel has a conflict of interest in donating profits from his public speaking engagements to, among others, a non-profit called "Stossel in the Classroom" which includes material for use in schools, some of which uses material made by Stossel.[45][46]

[edit] David Schultz incident

On December 28, 1984, during an interview for 20/20 on professional wrestling, wrestler David Schultz struck Stossel after Stossel asked whether professional wrestling was fake. Stossel stated that he still suffered from pain and buzzing in his ears eight weeks after the assault.[47] Stossel sued and obtained a settlement of $425,000 from the WWF. In his book, Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity he writes that he has come to regret doing so, having adopted the belief that lawsuits harm hundreds of innocent people.[48][49] Schultz maintains that he attacked Stossel on orders from Vince McMahon, the head of the WWF.[50]

I take absolutely 100% responsibility for my voting for him in both elections. I wish we had better choices back then, I wish we had better choices now.
    Don't we all. But we have what we have and you've picked the guy that voted with the worst President in our history 91% of his tenure. So I don't accept your apology since it is either disingenuous or your not smart enough to learn from your mistakes.

As bad as things have gone for Bush nothing will convince me that having had Gore or Kerry would have improved things. You make the best choices available to you, and you live with the result. That's how I do it. What do you do?
    I owe up to my mistakes. I learn from my mistakes. But I see how you roll - ignorance is bliss. How's that working for you? I know it's not working for me because it has had a huge impact on my life and the other 300MM of us in this country.

And of all of you here, does anyone think the report about Bushes business dealings with oil and the ballfield diminishes him. Was there a conspiracy in that report I missed?
    He was a very bad business man and the only money he made was at the expense of Arlington TX tax payers.

Many good comments were made about the mortgage crisis here
    Your comments? They were ridiculous.

, no one refuted my comparison of the Republican taking responsibility/ Democrat denying responsibility comparison. Are you conceding the point to me or just talking around it?
    I'm not conceding anything to you - especially since you won't read it anyway - you'll just keep blathering incessantly and posting right-wing blogs and heavily edited youtube.com videos as your evidence.

Let me make a simpler statement.

Republicans get fired when things go wrong.

Democrat's get promoted when things go wrong.

A worthy maxim.
    A simple statement for simple minds. And even though your made-up maxim that you think is so clever may sound funny to you, its really just more right-wing diversionary tactics. You know....because they take that whole "personal responsibility" thing so seriously.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 10/05/2008 at 10:16 AM.
    Stossel is known to barely do research, stretch the truth, and play with the facts to sensationalize his story and advance his conservative views.

His greatest hits are summarized here for those interested in truth - you on the other hand, may want to look the other way and pretend its not there or your eyes may burn out of their sockets.

wow -- this Stossel guy sounds like a phony scumbag -- he's the WWF wrestler of the news profession ...
    And on the lighter side of life, let's inject the Quail factor on Obama. From a stupid email received this morning not worthy of general comment, we remember Obama mentioned 57 states. Well, quoted from the email:

Now when Barack Obama says he's gonna go out and campaign
    in 57 states; he was just tired, you know, it's been such
    a long campaign; he's been so many places, he probably
    thinks there are 57 states.

Well, I have here a printout from a web site called the
    International Humanist and Ethical Union.
    And here is how the second paragraph of an article on
    that website begins.

"Every year from 1999 to 2005 the organization of the
    Islamic conference representing the 57 Islamic states
    presented a resolution to the United Nations Commission on
    human rights called combating."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organis...mic_Conference

Obama said he's going to campaign in 57 states, and it
    turns out that there are 57 Islamic states. There are 57
    Islamic states.

And just this weekend in an interview with George
    Stephanopolis, he mentioned "my muslim faith" ...and had to
    be corrected by George.... "you mean your Christian faith"!
    WOW!

So did Obama just lose his bearings, or was this a more
    telling slip, ladies and gentlemen?"

Goodness, the link is real and there are 57 Islamic member states. To think that anyone would post such trash!