Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Man...I've been wondering for years how Karl Rove duped so many into voting for Bush...twice...and here I have one of the most twisted pieces of hypocritical logic to justify an extreme ideological position I've ever seen. Thanks for the clarification WHarropson.

Congrats Ben and WHarropson ...I've prayed all that I can for you both but Jesus sees right through your phoney, wrong-headed thinking and he told me that you two won't be needing any sweaters in the afterlife. You're haters and he knows that and you use his name to rationalize your radical viewpoints and guess what? He'd rather send decent people that tried to help others that were less fortunate in society - even if they were gay - than help bogus Christians that vote for war, greed, and hate mongering in the name of thei beloved political party - the Republicans. Shame on you both.

Now here is my theory - Bush was a cokehead and alcoholic and Karl Rove realized the only way to win over people of faith was to make Bush "born again". Otherwise, he'd never win any political office. Once he finally won political office he only had to use mostly rhetoric and very little action to appease his religious base. Turns out - the more religious bullsh|t he spread the more the base got fired up. Who knew Christians were such haters? But enough were to send him to the Whitehouse where he continues his facade today.
    I think we need to get you a new bible...but this isn't a religious discussion, nor should it be, so never mind.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I think if you look at Obama's command of issues, as he demonstrated in the recent debate, and contrast it with Palin's (as in the Couric and Gibson debates), you can't really make that comparison.

Even conservatives are starting to balk at her candidacy.

Obama's percieved command is a skill I acknowledged was honed by his church mentor. I didn't say he wasn't slick. Clinton was slick. You can have absolutely the worst judgement and still be slick.

It's a little funny but understandable that you considered the Couric and Gibson interviews as debates with Palin. I mean you are actually right about that.

I feel no need to oversell Palins experience. She is genuine, and obviously a quick study. I'm more than comfortable with her. You should be more confident of your candidate for the presidency Obama than to feel the need to defend him against Palin as though she were our candidate. It is flattering however, so thanks.

Obama is a good liberal democrat, and exceptionally liberal democrat. His grasp of being on the wrong side of every issue as liberal democrats are is not lost on me. He's Barney Frank with a tan and preacher lessons. He's still empty. He's demonstrated a good grasp on the emptiness it takes to be democrats best hope. So, vote for him.

Now unless you think my evaluation of Obama is unsubstantiated, let me demostrate his emptiness in an example of one of his most ardent claims.

He prides himself of having been against the Iraq war from the beginning. It is a particularly poinient point of pride with him. He claims having better judgement than... (please someone help me list them all, .... bill, hillary, kerry, powell, gore, and the list goes on and on of democrats that belived Saddam was a threat)

Now in retrospect you could give him credit for that, but first you must evaluate what his thinking was at the time all those other Democrats voted to act against Saddam.

Did he have special knowledge that Saddam was not a threat which imparted on him this great virtue?

No. It didn't matter to him if Saddam was a threat. Obama always avoided making decisions in every other position of responsibility he held (voting present), this was simply part of that pattern.

Not making decisions is empty. Obama is empty. The Iraq debate was well played out in this forum, and it's a good debate, over a vexing problem. I'm not initiating or continuing that debate here.

Obama's vaccuous self promotion on this issue should be seen for what it is, fraudulent. Reasonable democrats should be offended by it.
    This hate trash is really trash and is becoming more than intolerable. As I have said many times (really many times and it is there just look it up), I do not dislike the man, just his politics. I do not dislike his basic religion, just the fact he does not adhere to it. He does not adhere to the basic tenants that he professes in public to one group and changes when he addresses his core group of the far left.

You speak of Bush, you speak of Rove. Why not speak of Obama. Have you forgotten again that he has had a drug problem in the past? Are you aware that he has never released anything more than a 1 page statement about his health history? Are you aware that it skips over those things that he acknowledge in a book, but not in the summary? You babble, there is no other term to politely describe it, about trash and yet you fail to look at the man you are supporting. Obama a born again Christian? I think not. I think Christian, but one who does not support and adhere to the tenants of his faith.

Has anyone seen Obama produce a statement that his smoking has/has not affected his life? A chain smoker for years and no one questions him about it? What if gets in to office and is diagnosed with lung cancer? Will that debilitate him? What if he gets in to office and uses his drugs again to deal with stress (does he still take them, will he pass a drug test?)? If he still uses them, what drugs does he use? Will he...

So much trash you bring up that you frankly need to look at your own candidate as you foam at the mouth.

You also speak of hatred - well, look at your own post for a prime example of hatred.

Man...I've been wondering for years how Karl Rove duped so many into voting for Bush...twice...and here I have one of the most twisted pieces of hypocritical logic to justify an extreme ideological position I've ever seen. Thanks for the clarification WHarropson.

Congrats Ben and WHarropson ...I've prayed all that I can for you both but Jesus sees right through your phoney, wrong-headed thinking and he told me that you two won't be needing any sweaters in the afterlife. You're haters and he knows that and you use his name to rationalize your radical viewpoints and guess what? He'd rather send decent people that tried to help others that were less fortunate in society - even if they were gay - than help bogus Christians that vote for war, greed, and hate mongering in the name of thei beloved political party - the Republicans. Shame on you both.

Now here is my theory - Bush was a cokehead and alcoholic and Karl Rove realized the only way to win over people of faith was to make Bush "born again". Otherwise, he'd never win any political office. Once he finally won political office he only had to use mostly rhetoric and very little action to appease his religious base. Turns out - the more religious bullsh|t he spread the more the base got fired up. Who knew Christians were such haters? But enough were to send him to the Whitehouse where he continues his facade today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I think we need to get you a new bible...but this isn't a religious discussion, nor should it be, so never mind.
    Send me a copy of yours. I'd love to see where it omits Christ's love for the poor and the meek and the powerless. The one that distorts his teachings to advance your radical political agenda. Yes, please send that copy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    This hate trash is really trash and is becoming more than intolerable. As I have said many times (really many times and it is there just look it up), I do not dislike the man, just his politics. I do not dislike his basic religion, just the fact he does not adhere to it.
    And McSame does adhere to his?

He does not adhere to the basic tenants that he professes in public to one group and changes when he addresses his core group of the far left.
    Do you mean he understands that he can talk more about religion when he is around people of religion but when he is around those that aren't, he has the maturity to not push his beliefs upon them? Yes, I can see where that would be a problem for someone like you that thinks we all need to adhere to your religious dogma.

You speak of Bush, you speak of Rove. Why not speak of Obama.
    Because you seem to do a lot of that yourself. And a few of us here are tired of hearing your steady flow of unsubstantiated bologna about him. He is not perfect - he is the third most liberal Senator in the Senate. He avoided 3% of over 4,000 votes for political reasons. He hasn't served his country. There are plenty of flaws that I see in him. But on the whole, there is no comparison between these two candidates and so as long as you continue to post your rantings up here I'll continue to fight back.

Have you forgotten again that he has had a drug problem in the past? Are you aware that he has never released anything more than a 1 page statement about his health history? Are you aware that it skips over those things that he acknowledge in a book, but not in the summary?
    I never said he didn't have a drug problem - in fact, I'm not sure that he did but then again, I'm not sure that it matters since he was honest about his past (unlike Bush). Why would I have to mention that while discussing it in the context of Rove's puppet, GW Bush? Obama isn't trying to pretend to be the messiah of the evangelical/radical right-wing. Bush did.

You babble, there is no other term to politely describe it, about trash and yet you fail to look at the man you are supporting.
    How do you know I fail to look at him? You sound like someone that had their lunch money stolen in grade school...a lot. I'll look at any reasonable criticism...to which you are entirely incapable of posting. That is why I am posting here again - and I'm doing so in a language you can understand...babble.

Obama a born again Christian? I think not. I think Christian, but one who does not support and adhere to the tenants of his faith.
    Where did I say that? I said that Rove pretended that Bush was born again. And what tenants of Christianity does he fail to adhere to? And what tenants of Christianity does McSame adhere to that Obama does not? You really don't know so don't bother answering. You know hate and even though I'm an agnostic today, I went to Catholic school long enough to know that you aren't adhering to the tenants of Christianity either.

Has anyone seen Obama produce a statement that his smoking has/has not affected his life? A chain smoker for years and no one questions him about it? What if gets in to office and is diagnosed with lung cancer? Will that debilitate him? What if he gets in to office and uses his drugs again to deal with stress (does he still take them, will he pass a drug test?)?

If he still uses them, what drugs does he use? Will he...
    More rational thought from the irrational. Truly jawdropping how you think.

Even if he did start smoking again - which I deplore smoking - and did die of lung cancer, at least he has a capable VP candidate to take over. That is more than McSame can say about his Bambi of a VP pick. And how responsible was McSame - a 72 year old man with a history of skin cancer - in picking his candidate? Irresponsible to even some conservative columnists, let along most Americans.

I won't even acknowledge your comments about his drug use it is so silly. Maybe Bush is using again too? I mean, he has had a pretty awful 8 years so maybe he is hitting the bottle again or snorting lines of coke again? Sounds silly, doesn't it? Then again you'll just spin Bush's drug use and alcoholism because rationality is not your strong suit.

So much trash you bring up that you frankly need to look at your own candidate as you foam at the mouth.

You also speak of hatred - well, look at your own post for a prime example of hatred.
    Yes, I hate right-wing bloggers and posts like yours. I hate unsubstantiated claims and irrational thought processes. I admit it, I hate your posts as they are senseless and baseless drivel. So if I post with vigor and respond in kind I can assure you that it is simply because I know that it is the only language people like you understand...senseless babble.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 09/28/2008 at 03:17 PM.

And by the way, it makes bill Clinton look good, so there is something in it for you too, democrats.
    Last edited by WHarropson; 09/28/2008 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post

And by the way, it makes bill Clinton look good, so there is something in it for you too democrats.
    Except that it is so heavily edited and spliced together that it is hardly representative of the truth.

But I suppose you believe the commercials that are running right now showing Obama saying "he agrees with John" during the last debate? Context. It is truly a sin and almost as bad as lying when you ignore it.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 09/28/2008 at 03:16 PM.
    I found the video of Chris Matthews... It's better than I thought.

I found the video of Chris Matthews... It's better than I thought.

Gotchya!
    You could push these silly commercials all night....

here you go....

They don't do much for a discussion... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I'll watch yours.

I don't mind.

Keep 'em coming.

I'm not afraid of learning anything.

That one you sent was a good counter punch, very thought provoking.

Thanks.

So mine are silly. OK

You discussed it and I appreciate it.

Are we back on track?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/1001BG

Another silly video with my humble apologies, and do feel free to send your rebuttals as apropriate.
    3rd most liberal? Try the most liberal. He does not contest that honor. Also, please note that we are talking about Obama, not McCain. Shifting the comments to a different person does not take away from the topic at hand - Obama. McCain does have his issues, but at least he released his medical history; Obama has not. McCain's wife is not a distraction; Obama's wife is a distraction.

Bologna? Only because you fail to take the time to look it up. Why do it when you have the opportunity.

Whether you like it or not, Barack Obama does have a long association with William Ayers, who was on the FBI Most Wanted list for about a dozen or so terrorist attacks.

Did not Stanley Kurtz of the Wall Street Journal recently run an expose discussing the relationship between obama and Ayers? Have you done any looking at all? A link of minor interest http://www.propeller.com/story/2008/...chools-wsjcom/.

Are you even familiar with the Weather Underground? You are familiar with the New York Times quote, "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."

Are you familiar with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge archives? Look it up. it is very clear that Ayers and Obama were partners in the 1990s.

I am so tired of this ridiculous discussion and refusal to look in to it.

I am not inserting my religious dogma - just mentioning that Obama has brought his religious dogma up and it is very plain that he does not entertain any intention of obeying it.

What does 72 years old with a history of skin cancer have to do anything? What about a 40 or so year old man who is a chain smoker with a VP that has had a couple of brain aneurysm - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._/ai_n28041001

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...56c0a96e948260

Just Google it - the links jump out

Didn't we recently see a picture of the Senator lighting up?
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...0,463574.story

In that same article, "But the doctor also noted Obama's family history of cancer and his former longtime habit of cigarette smoking. Although he still regularly chews Nicorette gum, Obama has said he stopped smoking before starting his presidential bid in February 2007."

Didn't we recently see a picture of the Senator lighting up?

Obama's smoking history, meanwhile, was made an issue this week in an opinion piece written by Jeff Stier, an associate director of the American Council on Science and Health. Writing for the online site Politico, Stier said few people realize that former smokers still face a much higher risk of contracting smoking-related diseases.

"These risks did not simply disappear when he quit smoking in February 2007," Stier wrote, citing the "long-term and sometimes irreversible consequences of smoking cigarettes."

Longtime friends have said Obama was a regular smoker as far back as college. McCain is also a former smoker who used two packs of cigarettes a day for about 25 years before he quit in 1980.

Obama told the Tribune in February 2007 that he never considered himself a heavy smoker. He said that he rarely smoked more than 10 cigarettes a day, and typically only four or five, although the number grew when he was writing or campaigning."

Most people do not; however, my wife has lung cancer.

And McSame does adhere to his?

Do you mean he understands that he can talk more about religion when he is around people of religion but when he is around those that aren't, he has the maturity to not push his beliefs upon them? Yes, I can see where that would be a problem for someone like you that thinks we all need to adhere to your religious dogma.

Because you seem to do a lot of that yourself. And a few of us here are tired of hearing your steady flow of unsubstantiated bologna about him. He is not perfect - he is the third most liberal Senator in the Senate. He avoided 3% of over 4,000 votes for political reasons. He hasn't served his country. There are plenty of flaws that I see in him. But on the whole, there is no comparison between these two candidates and so as long as you continue to post your rantings up here I'll continue to fight back.

I never said he didn't have a drug problem - in fact, I'm not sure that he did but then again, I'm not sure that it matters since he was honest about his past (unlike Bush). Why would I have to mention that while discussing it in the context of Rove's puppet, GW Bush? Obama isn't trying to pretend to be the messiah of the evangelical/radical right-wing. Bush did.

How do you know I fail to look at him? You sound like someone that had their lunch money stolen in grade school...a lot. I'll look at any reasonable criticism...to which you are entirely incapable of posting. That is why I am posting here again - and I'm doing so in a language you can understand...babble.

Where did I say that? I said that Rove pretended that Bush was born again. And what tenants of Christianity does he fail to adhere to? And what tenants of Christianity does McSame adhere to that Obama does not? You really don't know so don't bother answering. You know hate and even though I'm an agnostic today, I went to Catholic school long enough to know that you aren't adhering to the tenants of Christianity either.

More rational thought from the irrational. Truly jawdropping how you think.

Even if he did start smoking again - which I deplore smoking - and did die of lung cancer, at least he has a capable VP candidate to take over. That is more than McSame can say about his Bambi of a VP pick. And how responsible was McSame - a 72 year old man with a history of skin cancer - in picking his candidate? Irresponsible to even some conservative columnists, let along most Americans.

I won't even acknowledge your comments about his drug use it is so silly. Maybe Bush is using again too? I mean, he has had a pretty awful 8 years so maybe he is hitting the bottle again or snorting lines of coke again? Sounds silly, doesn't it? Then again you'll just spin Bush's drug use and alcoholism because rationality is not your strong suit.

Yes, I hate right-wing bloggers and posts like yours. I hate unsubstantiated claims and irrational thought processes. I admit it, I hate your posts as they are senseless and baseless drivel. So if I post with vigor and respond in kind I can assure you that it is simply because I know that it is the only language people like you understand...senseless babble.
    Does the clip just blow a hole in their statement that Bush did nothing?

Read it all - http://www.startribune.com/opinion/c...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

http://www.businessandmedia.org/prin...924145932.aspx

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220...googlenews_wsj

http://www.clipmarks.com/clipmark/59...-BCB8B08921FB/

And it goes on and on and on back in time...

QUOTE=WHarropson;1503809]http://www.youtube.com/user/1001BG

Another silly video with my humble apologies, and do feel free to send your rebuttals as apropriate.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

What does 72 years old with a history of skin cancer have to do anything? What about a 40 or so year old man who is a chain smoker with a VP that has had a couple of brain aneurysm
    Obama smokes - nobody has claimed he's a chain smoker. You have said more than once that he hasn't released his medical records, and that he only released one page. The reason is that his medical release only contained one page, which stated that he's a very healthy 40-year-old with no medical issues. He HAS released it.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Obama smokes - nobody has claimed he's a chain smoker. You have said more than once that he hasn't released his medical records, and that he only released one page. The reason is that his medical release only contained one page, which stated that he's a very healthy 40-year-old with no medical issues. He HAS released it.
    The only thing McCain smokes seems to be his own record... now McCain supports Big Tobacco:

http://www.buckeyestateblog.com/mcca...ke_and_mirrors

The funny thing? Hell MCCAIN SMOKED!!!! I've read that he smoked two packs a day for 25 years... don't know if that is true... maybe one of the die-hard Republicans who know McCain can answer that question.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    The only thing McCain smokes seems to be his own record... now McCain supports Big Tobacco:

http://www.buckeyestateblog.com/mcca...ke_and_mirrors

The funny thing? Hell MCCAIN SMOKED!!!! I've read that he smoked two packs a day for 25 years... don't know if that is true... maybe one of the die-hard Republicans who know McCain can answer that question.
    I'm starting to feel guilty - debating with Ben is a bit like competing in the Special Olympics as an able bodied man. He'll never change his twisted mind and there is no sense of context, truth, or rationality in his line of thinking simply because he is a hater who hates anything further left to his radically right-wing political postilions. Ben is so ideological, Jesus Christ himself could come down and tell him that Obama is the best of the two candidates and Ben would STILL find a reason not to vote for him.
    I'm starting to feel guilty - debating with Ben is a bit like competing in the Special Olympics as an able bodied man. He'll never change his twisted mind and there is no sense of context, truth, or rationality in his line of thinking simply because he is a hater who hates anything further left to his radically right-wing political postilions.
    Every day I tell myself I'm not going to participate in this discussion, as it changes nobody's mind if they are entrenched in a political ideology. However, it's a bit like playing with a canker sore: you know it's going to hurt, but you can't seem to help yourself.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The words of frustration. Sorry that you feel that way, as again, you talk the talk about the others, and ignore it about Obama. What a shame. But maybe some day you will see the light and know that he is not the messiah.

I'm starting to feel guilty - debating with Ben is a bit like competing in the Special Olympics as an able bodied man. He'll never change his twisted mind and there is no sense of context, truth, or rationality in his line of thinking simply because he is a hater who hates anything further left to his radically right-wing political postilions. Ben is so ideological, Jesus Christ himself could come down and tell him that Obama is the best of the two candidates and Ben would STILL find a reason not to vote for him.