Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    Barye,
    You and Moder are funny.

You managed to promote Bill Clinton, just like I said.

And you called my comments over the top.

By ignoring the "and not in a bathroom stall like most Repugs prefer". were you agreeing with your friend Moder?

Are you agreeing with the quoted text above?

It took Bill quite a long and distiguished (sex addict) career both as governer and then president to finally be called to account for his degrading sexual proclivities.

Republicans wouldn't have put him there as Dems did. And Dems would have looked the other way as they always have. He didn't go too far in the whitehouse, He was always like that, the Dems knew it, but even they couldn't defend the man once exposed. So, please don't attempt to lay virtue at the feet of dems for his impeachment. You can't be serious.

Credible witnesses say he raped at least one woman.

I can from your glowing promotion of Bill see that he has that thrill up the leg affect on you. But I'm just warning you that that might not mean what you think it means, and I don't pretend to know what it means, just be careful.

Please bring this issue up with the moderator and have me removed from the discussion if you think I should let moder go unanswered for making slanderous comments. Maybe the moderator will agree with you that most repugs prefer elicit sex in a bathroom stall. If you come to a consensus and have me removed, you'll be doing me a favor. I need better company.
    lol

You seem to be mad at what this country looks like as Bush is leaving vs. what it looked like when Bill Clinton left. Both served for 8 years.

You can promote your anti-Dem BS all you want, but the truth is that what mod and byr said was true. Sorry to pop your bubble...

If you need better company, carry your silly azz on....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Barye,
    You and Moder are funny.

And you called my comments over the top.

By ignoring the "and not in a bathroom stall like most Repugs prefer". were you agreeing with your friend Moder?

It took Bill quite a long and distiguished (sex addict) career both as governer and then president to finally be called to account for his degrading sexual proclivities.

Republicans wouldn't have put him there as Dems did. And Dems would have looked the other way as they always have. He didn't go too far in the whitehouse, He was always like that, the Dems knew it, but even they couldn't defend the man once exposed. So, please don't attempt to lay virtue at the feet of dems for his impeachment. You can't be serious.

I can from your glowing promotion of Bill see that he has that thrill up the leg affect on you. But I'm just warning you that that might not mean what you think it means, and I don't pretend to know what it means, just be careful.

Please bring this issue up with the moderator and have me removed from the discussion if you think I should let moder go unanswered for making slanderous comments. Maybe the moderator will agree with you that most repugs prefer elicit sex in a bathroom stall. If you come to a consensus and have me removed, you'll be doing me a favor. I need better company.
    Hypocrisy is what's for me the most galling thing about high and mighty phoneys. I literally hate sanctimonious poseurs like Senator Larry Craig and Congressman Mark Foley -- both who were powerful members of the GOP leadership.

They were for me the pro-typical GOPer -- people who presume to judge others through the prism of their own corrupt morality. People like Evangelical Pastor Ted Haggart disgust me. People like Gingrich and Delay -- who lead the pitch fork mob against Clinton.

Judge not lest you be judged -- casting the first stone...

For some reason these ideas are usually left out of the modern Christian bible.

Bill Clinton is an extraordinary guy -- he's someone who left this country far far better off than before he was President.

By how I understand what you've written, you evaluate Presidents first by their personal rectitude -- and only secondarily by their job performance.

By your standard, perhaps junior is one of the greats of american history.

And perhaps Sarah Palin will be the greatest of all...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Barye,
    You and Moder are funny.

I actually voted for Perot. Bubba is a womanizer and that is bothersome and unbecoming. But the behavior did not warrant a $70MM investigation all paid for with tax payer dollars. Even worse, NEWT GINGRICH ADMITTED HE WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR DURING THE INVESTIGATION. The hypocrisy is the issue and the utter waste of tax payer dollars over someone's marriage is an even bigger issue.

He obviously can discern context, which is something I realize folks on the right have a major issue with. Repugs is just as offensive as the term liberal - yet, your pals don't mind throwing that term around unabashedly. Now of course there are moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans and I wasn't addressing either with my comments above.

Well if a BJ in the Oval office would have made Bush a better President I would have been all for it! I mean, I don't condone the behavior - never cheated on my wife and never will - but if I had the choice of Bush getting a BJ vs. the trillion dollars lost in Iraq or his latest trillion dollar debacle with the financial markets...guess what? I'll pick up the tab for the hooker.

All kidding aside...Clinton was a pig by my standards. But I don't think his sexual improprieties should diminish an overall successfull Presidency.

My recollection was that there were numerous Dems that crossed party lines to impeach him - and numerous Repubs found him not guilty. But who cares? The difference between the Dems and the hypocritical Repugs that chased him (e.g. Newt) are that one side recognized it as a personal matter and the other spent $70MM in tax payer dollars trying every thing imaginable to unseat Clinton. Travel gate. White Water. Cheating on his wife. It's all so so trivial compared to the transgressions committed by the Bush administration the last 8 years - TRIVIAL. Yet, the right wing continues to use such salaciousness to divert attention away from their gross incompetence in governance.

Do you really want to play this silly game? OK. Credible witnesses said Bush snorted more coke at a frat party than anyone he'd ever seen before. Another said he was so drunk on the night he nearly drove his car through someone's house that he couldn't even stand up straight.

I suspect this is aimed at Barye so I'll let him fend for himself here. I'm not a huge Clinton fan, but history has shown him to be a better President than I thought he would be and I'm fair minded enough to admit to that.

Slanderous to whom? And in what way?
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Just curious, what do you propose the sheeple--especially the Christian and/or fiscal conservative ones--do?
    I suggest they re-explore the teachings of Christ a bit more and in their heart of hearts they'll know that voting for such evil over one cause is not the answer. Look at things more holistically rather than allowing yourself to be manipulated by wedge issues - especially when you all have seen the man behind the curtain more than a few times these last 8 years. The emperor has no clothes!

As for fiscal conservatives (that would be me), if they are stuck with the current two parties, then I think it is quite clear who has bankrupt this nation. I've said this over and over again - because I believe it - but Barry Goldwater is turning over in his grave these days.

Now what we really need is reform and a third party would be nice too. But for now, I cannot throw my vote to a Libertarian or Independent this election. I will vote for Dems because I see them as the most likely to be able to stop the country from cork screwing into the ground. The GOP has been in the cockpit for 8 years - time to hit the eject button. But if the Dems can stop the runaway train - and if Obama can really affect change - then maybe...just maybe, the grid lock and corporate ownership of our government will finally come to an end. Am I optimistic at his chances of doing that? Not really. But he'll have a heck of a lot better chance than one of the guys that caused this mess (McSame) and has been part of the problem for 22 years.
    Please take a moment or two to contempate these enlightning words from Moderatinny.

Phoney outrage and disgust while the GOP forges yet another sleazy, unethical, un-American, and slanderous campaign to win-at-all-cost. And the sheeple who claim to be christians and fiscal conservatives follow right along - morals and ethics be damned. Fiscal conservatism be damned. There is an election to be won so they go out and spread their hate, intolerance, and propagate the right-wing lies all in the name of Jesus. Jesus would be so very proud. [/QUOTE]

Now back to your regular programming.
    Please take a moment or two to contempate these enlightning words from Moderatinny.

Phoney outrage and disgust while the GOP forges yet another sleazy, unethical, un-American, and slanderous campaign to win-at-all-cost. And the sheeple who claim to be christians and fiscal conservatives follow right along - morals and ethics be damned. Fiscal conservatism be damned. There is an election to be won so they go out and spread their hate, intolerance, and propagate the right-wing lies all in the name of Jesus. Jesus would be so very proud.
    Now back to your regular programming.
    Wow..that was easy. Glad to help. Now I only have to pray for Ben's soul this weekend at mass.
    Thank you, but please also pray for Obama's soul - it needs a lot of help due to his not fessing up to everyone concerning his dirty party in the current financial situation. He and the Democrat controlled congress are really dirty. His statements that it lies on the Republican party is just a plain lie. Both parties are guilty and the Democrat especially, 'cause they control congress, 'cause top people from F&F are his advisers, et cetera. Guilty all, guilty him and his cronies to the extreme.

I shall also offer a few words for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Thank you, but please also pray for Obama's soul - it needs a lot of help due to his not fessing up to everyone concerning his dirty party in the current financial situation. He and the Democrat controlled congress are really dirty. His statements that it lies on the Republican party is just a plain lie. Both parties are guilty and the Democrat especially, 'cause they control congress, 'cause top people from F&F are his advisers, et cetera. Guilty all, guilty him and his cronies to the extreme.

I shall also offer a few words for you.
    I already have and I have it on good authority he is in good standing. After all, he is the "chosen one", is he not? I'm having to put in a lot of overtime for you though Ben. And now you just went and laid a few more whoppers out there...geesh....try and save a guy's soul these days and this is the thanks I get.
    you evaluate Presidents first by their personal rectitude
    Heh, heh....."rectitude".
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I already have and I have it on good authority he is in good standing. After all, he is the "chosen one", is he not? I'm having to put in a lot of overtime for you though Ben. And now you just went and laid a few more whoppers out there...geesh....try and save a guy's soul these days and this is the thanks I get.
    Please refer to my avatar
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Heh, heh....."rectitude".
    FWIW -- it was only my legendary restraint that stopped me from making -- um -- a nasty pun with rectitude ...
    I suggest they re-explore the teachings of Christ a bit more and in their heart of hearts they'll know that voting for such evil over one cause is not the answer. Look at things more holistically rather than allowing yourself to be manipulated by wedge issues - especially when you all have seen the man behind the curtain more than a few times these last 8 years. The emperor has no clothes!

As for fiscal conservatives (that would be me), if they are stuck with the current two parties, then I think it is quite clear who has bankrupt this nation. I've said this over and over again - because I believe it - but Barry Goldwater is turning over in his grave these days.

Now what we really need is reform and a third party would be nice too. But for now, I cannot throw my vote to a Libertarian or Independent this election. I will vote for Dems because I see them as the most likely to be able to stop the country from cork screwing into the ground. The GOP has been in the cockpit for 8 years - time to hit the eject button. But if the Dems can stop the runaway train - and if Obama can really affect change - then maybe...just maybe, the grid lock and corporate ownership of our government will finally come to an end. Am I optimistic at his chances of doing that? Not really. But he'll have a heck of a lot better chance than one of the guys that caused this mess (McSame) and has been part of the problem for 22 years.
    Using my best biblical language, it appears we're darned if we do and darned if we don't LOL. Of the two, I tend to be more apt to deal with the evil I know.
  13.    #593  
    Mod...it seems that Christians voting is a reoccurring major issue and concern that you bring up on a regular basis. My response still stands when we covered this very same topic earlier this year in the "What Happened To Hillary" thread:

==========================================
    QUOTE=HobbesIsReal
    And I maintain Christians that vote for politicians they know full well are telling them what they want to hear are walking contradictions themselves. So if you think that I think they are naive...well, I'd say that is being generous so we'll roll with that.
    Link to Original Post
    Hey Moderateinny! IMHO, to be completely honest we can take any demographic and plug it in the place of Christians and the statement will still be just as valid.

The problem with this type of stereotyping is that I don't think there could be a truly honest or straight shooting politician in our system as it stands now. It often times comes down to voting for who the individual feels has the least amount of bad traits, bad record, least amount of scandals or corruption allegations, the least amount of issues they disagree with, or the least amount of lies. This means that no matter what criteria, demographic, or standard is used everyone can be considered a walking contradictory voter.

For example sexually oriented minorities (aka gays), those who are for life or for choice, those who claim they are voting for the future of the country but ignore either the importance of our economy or ignore the reality of threats in the world, or those....etc.... who vote for politicians they know full well are telling them what they want to hear but that politician's record does not match up or that politician goes against 10 other values that voter holds, then they could be considered walking contradictions themselves as well.

It does not matter if a person is Christian, Hindu, Atheist, Jew, Muslim, or spiritually dead, chances are that they know the basics of what is right or wrong. In this sense when a voter supports a party or a politician that is obviously or highly probably corrupt (which basically includes all parties and individuals in high ranking public office) then I would think they would be walking contradictions as well.

Link To Original Post
    ==========================================
    This statement by Barack is one good reason to like him.

It doesn't seem that he's unreasonable about his own abilities, but like that Jack Wheeler opinion I used early on, (see page 6 second post) the reason to be sceptical of his candidacy isn't that he's a fraud, but that those elevating him have turned him into a messiah figure.

Don't blame Obama, he's doing the best he can. Blame the lemming liberal establishment and media for creating something out of nothing. (Some on this forum decried the mentioned Wheeler opinion as racist but if you re read it it simply describes his utter lack of experience and the rediculous movement that has put him where he is.)

I'll be the first to admit that this years choices are slim pickens, so the decision is between those with any credentials and those with none. You have heard Biden's opinions. I also like him for his humble assessment of his own readiness to be Vice President. In his heart of hearts I bet he's more than a little squeemish about Obama too.

Think about it, after 30 + years of being demonstrably wrong about most everything, how would you feel if the the candidate of your party picked you! Biden's scared. He has a reason to be. He's about to become the vice president to arguably the least qualified candidate in history. I like them both but what an incredible mess.

The reason Obama is the Dem's candidate is that it's the best they can do. They looked across the vast population of Democratic politicians that have experience and came to the bewildering but true conclusion that... they got nut'n.

What they got is so rediculous, that McCain actually looks good.

Now you have to admit. That's funny.
    He's about to become the vice president to arguably the least qualified candidate in history.

That is not true... funny enough...

Unlike Palin who IS the most unqualified candidate on a presidential ticket in modern history. As stated by Historians.

What they got is so rediculous, that McCain actually looks good.

Now you have to admit. That's funny.
    McCain does not look good... McSame looks washed up.

Only people like you think McSame looks good.... Now that's scary.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    It is true. Obama is the least qualified candidate running for president of this country in its entire history. In addition, he is probably one of the most marked men to run for president in its entire history. His campaign, the people around him, what he says, then changes. Take a few days ago when Joe was saying there would be no coal in this country and the messiah was saying he would work to make sure there would be clean coal, et cetera. One of the few times Joe was totally honest and one of the many times that Obama was caught saying something to score points.

Just words. Just speeches.

When McCain stated he was suspending his campaign to work on the budget crisis, you bet that the messiah was fuming around with his bunch of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Leighman Brothers advisers about what to do. If he did not go along with it, he would expose himself to tremendous criticism. What a guy!

Also, dang shame we do not have Supreme Court Justice Clarance Thomas running for president. Dang shame we do not have Condoleezza Rice running for president. Great people who have contributed so much to this country. People sharing the views of these people are those that I would vote for without hesitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    That is not true... funny enough...

Unlike Palin who IS the most unqualified candidate on a presidential ticket in modern history. As stated by Historians.

Ok, I'll bite, Which Historians?

McCain does not look good... McSame looks washed up.

Only people like you think McSame looks good.... Now that's scary.
    You aren't appreciating my party deprecating humor.
    Only Obama could make McCain look as good as he does.

Oh well, I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    When McCain stated he was suspending his campaign to work on the budget crisis,
    That is a tactic. The period from the appointment of Palin until the first debate has been about Palin and this is generally to the benefit of McCain. You have Republican pundits saying that for weeks. You have Carl Rove saying it. It is to McCain's advantage to stretch that period out and to Obama's advantage to have the debate as agreed.

Having the debate as scheduled isn't going to harm resolution, if any, of the investment banking bailout (what "budget crisis" are you talking about?). And since we are about to get the federal government in the business of having an interest in propping up real estate prices - and socializing risk while keep profit private to insure the profitability of debt speculators - we are embarking on something that is going to be revisited and reauthorized repeatedly anyway
    No, it shows that he is willing to work with the other side. Plain and simple. Obama would never, ever propose anything like this.

We are embarking upon socialism much faster than the socialists dreamed we would.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    That is a tactic. The period from the appointment of Palin until the first debate has been about Palin and this is generally to the benefit of McCain. You have Republican pundits saying that for weeks. You have Carl Rove saying it. It is to McCain's advantage to stretch that period out and to Obama's advantage to have the debate as agreed.

Having the debate as scheduled isn't going to harm resolution, if any, of the investment banking bailout (what "budget crisis" are you talking about?). And since we are about to get the federal government in the business of having an interest in propping up real estate prices - and socializing risk while keep profit private to insure the profitability of debt speculators - we are embarking on something that is going to be revisited and reauthorized repeatedly anyway

For me, this just demonstrates McCain's altruism -- having a debate about foreign policy would only serve to take our focus away from this 700 billion dollar carte blanche -- and that would be a bad thing.