Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1043
  1. #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If the extent of the connection of Iraq to 911 was that we had a had a presence in Saudi Arabia, then one could make just as compelling an argument that Saudi Arabia is connected to 911, as is Kuwait (because the Gulf War started because we were defending Kuwait from Iraq). We didn't, however, attack Saudi Arabia or Kuwait.
    That doesn't follow.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  2. #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    A majority of brit's aren't as smart as Tony, I'll be daffy with Tony if being smarter is daffy.

    On the finance front, here'a a snippet for your perusal.

    http://www.elizabethdole.org/docs/vi...-20080918.html
    This has been covered already. He signed on at the last minute in 2007 to Hagel's bill. And it was defeated by Dems and Repugs alike.

    BTW - a Fox News (which should be called Sheeple News) clip posted on Dole's web site is hardly credible.
  3. #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    A majority of brit's aren't as smart as Tony, I'll be daffy with Tony if being smarter is daffy.
    I'm reminded of a funny letter I received from one of my many friends in the UK.


    A message to the citizens of USA.

    In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, the UK hereby gives notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately.

    Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except California, which she does not fancy).

    Your new Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

    To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

    1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary.

    2. Then look up aluminium, and check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.

    3. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour', 'favour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be eliminated. 'Check' will become 'cheque'.

    4. Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels (look up 'vocabulary').

    5. Using the same 27 words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as US English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of the suffix '-ize.'

    6. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

    7. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not adult enough to be independent.

    8. Guns should only be handled by adults. If you're not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then you're not grown up enough to handle a gun. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. A permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

    9. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

    10. The Former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) - roughly $8/US gallon. Get used to it.

    11. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips they are in fact 'potato wedges' and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with ketchup or mayonnaise but with salt & vinegar.

    12. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

    13. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral (or equally Michael Cain trying an American accent in The Cider House Rules) was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

    14. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies). Don't try Rugby - the South Africans and Kiwis will thrash you, like they regularly thrash us.

    15. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket.

    16. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

    17. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

    18. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4pm with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

    God save the Queen.
  4. #564  
    That's funny.

    Here's a little humor from the past. Dennis Miller on Leno



    And why would it surprise me that you have nothing good to say about Fox?

    If you go along with the will of majorities, shouldn't you at least be curious about the popularity of FOX compared to your preferred news source?

    Even Hilarys campaign has conceded that Fox had the most balanced coverage during her campaign. Your reactions from the hip are making you a cliche, you owe yourself a broader point of reference.
    Last edited by WHarropson; 09/21/2008 at 05:11 PM.
  5. #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    That's funny.

    Here's a little humor from the past. Dennis Miller on Leno


    Ahhh yes....Dennis-I-want-a-career-so-badly-I'll-pretend-to-be-a-right-wing-nut-job-Miller. He's fallen so very far since those days on SNL.


    And why would it surprise me that you have nothing good to say about Fox?

    If you go along with the will of majorities, shouldn't you at least be curious about the popularity of FOX compared to your preferred news source?

    Even Hilarys campaign has conceded that Fox had the most balanced coverage during her campaign. Your reactions from the hip are making you a cliche, you owe yourself a broader point of reference.
    Their news may be better than I give them credit for. Their collection of hate mongering talking heads are the worst in the industry.

    Interesting that you find Hillary to be suddenly "credible". Or laughable.
  6. #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    If the extent of the connection of Iraq to 911 was that we had a had a presence in Saudi Arabia, then one could make just as compelling an argument that Saudi Arabia is connected to 911, as is Kuwait (because the Gulf War started because we were defending Kuwait from Iraq). We didn't, however, attack Saudi Arabia or Kuwait.
    That doesn't follow.
    Well, the conversation was about the (lack of) connection of 911 to Iraq, and that we were misled into attacking Iraq as a response to 911. You said that Iraq was peripherally related, because OBL was upset that, due to the Gulf War with Iraq, we were in Saudi Arabia.

    I was merely pointing out how thin that connection was, and that Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were just as "peripherally connected" to 911.

    Even Hilarys campaign has conceded that Fox had the most balanced coverage during her campaign. Your reactions from the hip are making you a cliche, you owe yourself a broader point of reference.
    I'd love to see a reference for that - I hadn't heard that. I'm assuming that she was referring to "balanced" between her and Obama, not the race in general, but if you have a link, it would be appreciated.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7. #567  
    That reference had to be about between her and Obama...there's no way any Democratic politician, or just more people in general, would call Fox news the most balanced source.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  8. #568  
    [QUOTE=I'd love to see a reference for that - I hadn't heard that. I'm assuming that she was referring to "balanced" between her and Obama, not the race in general, but if you have a link, it would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

    I'll see if I can find it. It was something I heard on one of the talking head programs, and if you think about it it isn't that far fetched. Since Hillary's campaign was against Obama, it makes a lot of sense that Fox was more balanced, mostly because you know the others weren't. I mean with all the tickling up the leg stuff going on, I mean ...really.
  9. #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    I'll see if I can find it. It was something I heard on one of the talking head programs, and if you think about it it isn't that far fetched. Since Hillary's campaign was against Obama, it makes a lot of sense that Fox was more balanced, mostly because you know the others weren't. I mean with all the tickling up the leg stuff going on, I mean ...really.
    Here is some tickling for you since right-wing news sources seem credible to you - here is one from the left.

    http://mediamatters.org/items/printable/200809190012

    Read it. Thoroughly. Seems to be pretty well researched and documented.
  10. #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, the conversation was about the (lack of) connection of 911 to Iraq, and that we were misled into attacking Iraq as a response to 911. You said that Iraq was peripherally related, because OBL was upset that, due to the Gulf War with Iraq, we were in Saudi Arabia.
    Yes, I was replying to the statement that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. That's not entirely accurate. I didn't quote it since my post immediately followed it.
    I was merely pointing out how thin that connection was,
    How thin is it? Do you dispute that it is the real reason for troops being there, that it was a significant reason for 9/11, or both?
    and that Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were just as "peripherally connected" to 911.
    Except that they are connected in a different way.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  11. #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    I'll see if I can find it. It was something I heard on one of the talking head programs, and if you think about it it isn't that far fetched. Since Hillary's campaign was against Obama, it makes a lot of sense that Fox was more balanced, mostly because you know the others weren't. I mean with all the tickling up the leg stuff going on, I mean ...really.
    Well as someone who shall we say -- preferred Hillary -- Faux's Hillary Obama coverage was fair.

    This is in glaringly comparison to MSNBC -- whose on air thugs (Oberman, Mathews, Russert, relentlessly beat the snot out of Hillary -- while singing the world's longest love song to Obama.

    Saturday Night parodied the way the media treated her, in general.

    Faux -- since they had no dog in this fight, in comparison were dispassionate and semi -objective. Even that bucket of **** Oreilly treated them both decently.

    Compare that to now with McSame and Obama (or whenever a conservative is opposed by a liberal) -- and then that entire network acts as one giant echo chamber endlessly repeating Repugnican proganda.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  12. #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Well as someone who shall we say -- preferred Hillary -- Faux's Hillary Obama coverage was fair.

    This is in glaringly comparison to MSNBC -- whose on air thugs (Oberman, Mathews, Russert, relentlessly beat the snot out of Hillary -- while singing the world's longest love song to Obama.

    Saturday Night parodied the way the media treated her, in general.

    Faux -- since they had no dog in this fight, in comparison were dispassionate and semi -objective. Even that bucket of **** Oreilly treated them both decently.

    Compare that to now with McSame and Obama (or whenever a conservative is opposed by a liberal) -- and then that entire network acts as one giant echo chamber endlessly repeating Repugnican proganda.
    They had plenty of skin in the game - they wanted Clinton to win the nomination as they knew she would galvanize their party against her in the general election. The Repugs love to hate the Clintons. I mean, her husband got a BJ for crying out loud...while married..and not in a bathroom stall like most Repugs prefer. Those Clintons have no sense of decency.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 09/21/2008 at 09:28 PM.
  13. #573  
    Well, the conversation was about the (lack of) connection of 911 to Iraq, and that we were misled into attacking Iraq as a response to 911. You said that Iraq was peripherally related, because OBL was upset that, due to the Gulf War with Iraq, we were in Saudi Arabia.
    Yes, I was replying to the statement that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. That's not entirely accurate. I didn't quote it since my post immediately followed it.

    I was merely pointing out how thin that connection was
    How thin is it? Do you dispute that it is the real reason for troops being there, that it was a significant reason for 9/11, or both?
    I think we're talking about two entirely different things. When the conversation was about Iraq not being related to 911, the point was that nobody in Iraq had anything to do with the planning or execution of 911. As a result, we were misled into a war with Iraq. When you stated that Iraq had a connection, it seemed that you were making an argument that Iraq (whether Saddam or someone in his regime) was indeed part of the 911 attack itself. I'm assuming now that this isn't what you meant, correct?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  14. #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    They had plenty of skin in the game - they wanted Clinton to win the nomination as they knew she would galvanize their party against her in the general election. The Repugs love to hate the Clintons. I mean, her husband got a BJ for crying out loud...while married..and not in a bathroom stall like most Repugs prefer. Those Clintons have no sense of decency.
    If you had any point, you completely lost me. Your attempt at humor is disgusting.

    There is one minor distinction you might consider between Dems and Republicans.

    When a Republican politician gets caught in a sex scandal his party frys him, When a Democrat gets caught it's a resume enhancement.. the party promotes him.

    Your "most repugs prefer" remark puts you in that category of critics that are very easy to dismiss. You wish to win by slander, it discounts every other comment you make as untrustworthy.

    You should be ashamed... but then you must be a Democrat, so I guess that's all we can expect from you.

    And I really don't mind that you keep it up. I can think of nothing better than having my opposition exposing themselves in the debasing ways they do, it's nothing but good for Republicans.

    The main reason is that there really are a lot of decent Democrats out there and they are going to switch sides to distance themselves from you.

    So next time you want to make a joke, remember like I said, the good ones are based in truth.
  15. #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    If you had any point, you completely lost me. Your attempt at humor is disgusting.

    There is one minor distinction you might consider between Dems and Republicans.

    When a Republican politician gets caught in a sex scandal his party frys him, When a Democrat gets caught it's a resume enhancement.. the party promotes him.

    Your "most repugs prefer" remark puts you in that category of critics that are very easy to dismiss. You wish to win by slander, it discounts every other comment you make as untrustworthy.

    You should be ashamed... but then you must be a Democrat, so I guess that's all we can expect from you.

    And I really don't mind that you keep it up. I can think of nothing better than having my opposition exposing themselves in the debasing ways they do, it's nothing but good for Republicans.

    The main reason is that there really are a lot of decent Democrats out there and they are going to switch sides to distance themselves from you.

    So next time you want to make a joke, remember like I said, the good ones are based in truth.
    My gawd Wayne -- that's beyond harsh, and well over the top.

    Bill was impeached -- IMPEACHED !!!!! because of a personal indiscretion.

    He worked his heart out for 8 years making this country stronger, more prosperous, and less economically bifurcated and unequal.

    He brought down the deficit to ZERO, he successfully steered us through several HUGE financial crises, maintained cordial relations with every major nation on the planet, was even on the verge of an Israeli / Palestinian peace agreement that junior idiotically stopped -- as well as a N Korean agreement that junior has wasted 8 years recreating.

    He (and Hillary) worked tirelessly to bring about a national health care program (however imperfect) that the Repugs defeated with unabashed cynicism.

    About the ONLY thing you can brag about with regard to junior is that he has not YET been caught with his pants down and his tail in a mouth to which it did not belong...
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/22/2008 at 01:44 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  16. #576  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I think we're talking about two entirely different things.
    To an extent, yes.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  17. #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    My gawd Wayne -- that's beyond harsh, and well over the top.

    Bill was impeached -- IMPEACHED !!!!! because of a personal indiscretion.

    He worked his heart out for 8 years making this country stronger, more prosperous, and less economically bifurcated and unequal.

    He brought down the deficit to ZERO, he successfully steered us through several HUGE financial crises, maintained cordial relations with every major nation on the planet, was even on the verge of an Israeli / Palestinian peace agreement that junior idiotically stopped -- as well as a N Korean agreement that junior has wasted 8 years recreating.

    He (and Hillary) worked tirelessly to bring about a national health care program (however imperfect) that the Repugs defeated with unabashed cynicism.

    About the ONLY thing you can brag about with regard to junior is that he has not YET been caught with his pants down and his tail in a mouth to which it did not belong...
    Typical response so I'm not surprised. The guy can't even admit Bush has been a colossal failure. Even the majority of Republicans (whom I'll distance from Repugnants) can't run fast enough from Bush. And even McSame is now claiming "change" is needed in the White House and didn't have Bush at his convention!

    Phoney outrage and disgust while the GOP forges yet another sleazy, unethical, un-American, and slanderous campaign to win-at-all-cost. And the sheeple who claim to be christians and fiscal conservatives follow right along - morals and ethics be damned. Fiscal conservatism be damned. There is an election to be won so they go out and spread their hate, intolerance, and propagate the right-wing lies all in the name of Jesus. Jesus would be so very proud.
    Last edited by moderateinny; 09/22/2008 at 08:07 AM.
  18. #578  
    He worked hard? The only thing he work hard on was the pants thing and blowing his horn. North Korea? Say that again.

    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    My gawd Wayne -- that's beyond harsh, and well over the top.

    Bill was impeached -- IMPEACHED !!!!! because of a personal indiscretion.

    He worked his heart out for 8 years making this country stronger, more prosperous, and less economically bifurcated and unequal.

    He brought down the deficit to ZERO, he successfully steered us through several HUGE financial crises, maintained cordial relations with every major nation on the planet, was even on the verge of an Israeli / Palestinian peace agreement that junior idiotically stopped -- as well as a N Korean agreement that junior has wasted 8 years recreating.

    He (and Hillary) worked tirelessly to bring about a national health care program (however imperfect) that the Repugs defeated with unabashed cynicism.

    About the ONLY thing you can brag about with regard to junior is that he has not YET been caught with his pants down and his tail in a mouth to which it did not belong...
  19. #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Typical response so I'm not surprised. The guy can't even admit Bush has been a colossal failure. Even the majority of Republicans (whom I'll distance from Repugnants) can't run fast enough from Bush. And even McSame is now claiming "change" is needed in the White House and didn't have Bush at his convention!

    Phoney outrage and disgust while the GOP forges yet another sleazy, unethical, un-American, and slanderous campaign to win-at-all-cost. And the sheeple who claim to be christians and fiscal conservatives follow right along - morals and ethics be damned. Fiscal conservatism be damned. There is an election to be won so they go out and spread their hate, intolerance, and propagate the right-wing lies all in the name of Jesus. Jesus would be so very proud.
    Just curious, what do you propose the sheeple--especially the Christian and/or fiscal conservative ones--do?
  20. #580  
    [QUOTE=
    Phoney outrage and disgust while the GOP forges yet another sleazy, unethical, un-American, and slanderous campaign to win-at-all-cost. And the sheeple who claim to be christians and fiscal conservatives follow right along - morals and ethics be damned. Fiscal conservatism be damned. There is an election to be won so they go out and spread their hate, intolerance, and propagate the right-wing lies all in the name of Jesus. Jesus would be so very proud. [/QUOTE]


    Barye,
    You and Moder are funny.

    You managed to promote Bill Clinton, just like I said.

    And you called my comments over the top.

    By ignoring the "and not in a bathroom stall like most Repugs prefer". were you agreeing with your friend Moder?

    Are you agreeing with the quoted text above?

    It took Bill quite a long and distiguished (sex addict) career both as governer and then president to finally be called to account for his degrading sexual proclivities.

    Republicans wouldn't have put him there as Dems did. And Dems would have looked the other way as they always have. He didn't go too far in the whitehouse, He was always like that, the Dems knew it, but even they couldn't defend the man once exposed. So, please don't attempt to lay virtue at the feet of dems for his impeachment. You can't be serious.

    Credible witnesses say he raped at least one woman.

    I can from your glowing promotion of Bill see that he has that thrill up the leg affect on you. But I'm just warning you that that might not mean what you think it means, and I don't pretend to know what it means, just be careful.

    Please bring this issue up with the moderator and have me removed from the discussion if you think I should let moder go unanswered for making slanderous comments. Maybe the moderator will agree with you that most repugs prefer elicit sex in a bathroom stall. If you come to a consensus and have me removed, you'll be doing me a favor. I need better company.

Posting Permissions