Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    There's a couple gaps. > 38k and then 112 - 227k.
    I can understand leaving out the first one since that income range is typically not going to be paying federal income taxes anyway (they'll get back whatever may have been taken from payroll). Hard to decrease a 0 obligation. And if there are no EIC changes, they'd have no total change either. Looking at the tax policy website, it looks like the other range may be the biggest beneficiaries of either plan with ~$2000 less in taxes. OTOH, that may be wiped out with FICA changes.
    Those are the people who get screwed no matter who's elected.
    Can't say that I disagree.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Well then, here they are. Try not to go cross-eyed in disbelief.
    Notice the word "Proposals" in the title? Perhaps you should consult a dictionary?
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Notice the word "Proposals" in the title? Perhaps you should consult a dictionary?
    Well since neither have been elected I don't think I need a dictionary to recognize that they are "Proposals". Do you have a better source for understanding each candidate's tax plans?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The Hick used a free Yahoo acct for official gov't mail and SURPRISE, it's been hacked:

Sarah Palinís Yahoo account hijacked, e-mails posted online.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The Hick used a free Yahoo acct for official gov't mail and SURPRISE, it's been hacked:

let the hypocrites and phonies and liars be revealed through their own words and perfidy -- let them no longer hide behind the cloak of their sanctimony -- so sayeth the Lord ... Hallelujah !!
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    let the hypocrites and phonies and liars be revealed through their own words and perfidy -- let them no longer hide behind the cloak of their sanctimony -- so sayeth the Lord ... Hallelujah !!
    Barye and Dathomas<

Her emails have been, if I understand it, released for legal analysts to peruse. Fox had a conservative and liberal lawers look at what's out there having read all that is available, and I'm sorry for you, because they both said she did nothing wrong, but attributed the scandal to a lot of wishful thinking.

These two lawyers don't often agree.

It's not that McCain's so great, it's that Obama, well....., let's just say he's McCain's Kerry and Gore.

Keep up your wishing and dreaming, and whoop'in and halleluya'in , all the while McCain sleepwalks to the presidency.
    Last edited by WHarropson; 09/17/2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Removed freudian analist, replaces with analyst
    Here's an allegation that ABC edited Palin's interview with Charlie Gibson to make her look bad. If true, they parsed her answers actually using one small clip of an answer, instead of the full answer, because the full answer made her look better. I guess the Republicans weren't as suspicious as they should have been of ABC and allowed them to edit, When the Dem's we're careful to demand Fox not edit Oreilly/Obama.

ht tp://video.new smax.com/?assetId=V309 6219

If you want to see it you'll have to remove the gaps in the link since I'm not allowed to link this until after I post this. Make sense?

There are three gaps
    The Hick used a free Yahoo acct for official gov't mail and SURPRISE, it's been hacked
    Though I haven't looked into exactly how the account was "hacked," I'm guessing it was a weak password - which is an Achilles heel for any email account. IOW, it wasn't necessarily less secure because it was a Yahoo account. In fact, assuming an SSL connection, it may be more secure than the one provided by your ISP.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    Here's an allegation that ABC edited Palin's interview with Charlie Gibson to make her look bad. If true, they parsed her answers actually using one small clip of an answer, instead of the full answer, because the full answer made her look better. I guess the Republicans weren't as suspicious as they should have been of ABC and allowed them to edit, When the Dem's we're careful to demand Fox not edit Oreilly/Obama.

If you want to see it you'll have to remove the gaps in the link since I'm not allowed to link this until after I post this. Make sense?

There are three gaps
    Looks like Palin's web of lies are starting to fall apart. NBC News finally...and I mean FINALLY...did some fact checking on her and exposed a few of her biggest whoppers. e.g. the Bridge to Nowhere, her claim that most VP candidates hadn't met foreign dignitaries, and her claim she visited Iraq and Ireland.

I certainly hope Jesus wasn't listening to Sarah or she might be in big trouble for her wicked ways.
    Well since neither have been elected I don't think I need a dictionary to recognize that they are "Proposals". Do you have a better source for understanding each candidate's tax plans?
    I doubt either candidate is going to do any major tax reform, so I don't really care what their plans are.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I doubt either candidate is going to do any major tax reform, so I don't really care what their plans are.
    I may be wrong (and that has happened only once before...) but I can't imagine that McSame would continue junior's tilt of the system toward the upper classes -- despite their destructive effect on the budget deficits, and the national economy.

He hypocritically defends them now -- but he himself attacked those tax changes when junior initially proposed them
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I may be wrong (and that has happened only once before...) but I can't imagine that McSame would continue junior's tilt of the system toward the upper classes -- despite their destructive effect on the budget deficits, and the national economy.

He hypocritically defends them now -- but he himself attacked those tax changes when junior initially proposed them
    That's possible, just as it IS possible that Obama will do the full tax cuts that he proposes, but I don't know...I just don't have faith in either of them for any serious tax reform.
    Not an allegation; ABC admitted doing it yesterday and that it may have been possible to misinterpret what was said and/or meant.

There are three gaps
    Did you read the entire article? Spokes woman. Close enough for the scandal to start, as it was a refueling stop. I but Obama would say the same thing, that he stopped at ...

Anyway, hang her! How many of you would say the same about Obama when he makes a statement and one of his aides has to come back and correct him?

Politics as usual around here.

Looks like Palin's web of lies are starting to fall apart. NBC News finally...and I mean FINALLY...did some fact checking on her and exposed a few of her biggest whoppers. e.g. the Bridge to Nowhere, her claim that most VP candidates hadn't met foreign dignitaries, and her claim she visited Iraq and Ireland.

I certainly hope Jesus wasn't listening to Sarah or she might be in big trouble for her wicked ways.
    Let us take this a bit further one way or another. I take it there are a few here that think the current Wall Street problems with Fannie & Freddie lie squarely with the Bush administration. Wow. Have any of those people taken the time to look who are among those who are considered "top advisors" to Obama that come from Fannie/Freddie and what their positions were and when they were in those positions? And that during a certain period of time, Obama was #2 in the taking of campaign donations from Fannie/Freddie and that equates to keeping them free from Democrat harassment.

Charges? Read it.

This really is a first in history that a VP candidate has come under such scrutiny. The more they talk, the more they look, the more she stands out to the people and that sure has 'em worried. Tasergate is a better term than Troopergate. It is hard to believe that people here support the keeping of such a law enforcement officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    This really is a first in history that a VP candidate has come under such scrutiny. The more they talk, the more they look, the more she stands out to the people and that sure has 'em worried. Tasergate is a better term than Troopergate. It is hard to believe that people here support the keeping of such a law enforcement officer.
    what little scrutiny she's gotten is the result of her being UNKNOWN -- except to the good people of the Wasilla PTA, anyway...

She's potentially going to be awarded the most important job in the world without ever having run a national campaign, without having been for years exposed to national inspection, without having a lengthy resume of accomplishment, or even of education.

My gosh Ben -- I'd been intending to reclaim my Presidential inheritance through a violent coup -- but she's about to get it as a gift gotten during a baby shower !! (it almost makes the office now seem too trivial for my ambitions ...)

(your other issue will be answered in the mortgage thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Let us take this a bit further one way or another. I take it there are a few here that think the current Wall Street problems with Fannie & Freddie lie squarely with the Bush administration. Wow.
    Yes, wow. You clearly read what you want to read. Because I clearly said both parties were to blame. BUT since you subscribe to the "personal responsibility" doctrine, I trust you would agree that the buck stops with the commander in chief (err...the decider), no?

Have any of those people taken the time to look who are among those who are considered "top advisors" to Obama that come from Fannie/Freddie and what their positions were and when they were in those positions?
    I can name McCain's lobbyist. Can you name Obama's "top advisors" from Fannie/Freddie?

And that during a certain period of time, Obama was #2 in the taking of campaign donations from Fannie/Freddie
    Yup. And the GOP and RNC received a combined $25MM from the securities industry....$1MM more than the DNC and Dem party.

and that equates to keeping them free from Democrat harassment.
    Oh Ben...this is really were you get yourself in trouble. You make a few almost-accurate statements (read: half-truths) and then you come up with a real brain fart like this one that makes you sound...well...crazy. You seem to keep skipping over the fact that Bush and the GOP were in complete control in 2003 when the first talk of reform came about. Did they do anything about it? No. You also seem to forget that Repubs shot down Hagel's bill just as much as Dems did.

This really is a first in history that a VP candidate has come under such scrutiny.
    First VP in history? Is that right? Maybe because she is a LIAR and has ZERO foriegn policy experience? Maybe, just maybe...

The more they talk, the more they look, the more she stands out to the people and that sure has 'em worried. Tasergate is a better term than Troopergate. It is hard to believe that people here support the keeping of such a law enforcement officer.
    Another reach. Ben Ben Ben. You just can't stop yourself, now can you? Who said anything about supporting "such a law enforcement officer"? She may have well had grounds to terminate him for reasons other than divorcing her sister. But she still has to do so within the boundaries of the law and not abuse her power. You do understand the concept of "boundaries" and "law" don't you? I know Republicans have trouble with this concept unless its to judge others, but we are a nation of laws....or so I was told when we spent $70MM in tax payer money chasing Clinton for a BJ in the Oval office.
    I think it's creepy, not so much that Palin's emails have been hacked, but more so that any one of you are jumping for joy that your compadre's commit felonies to somehow help you win.

But that's just me.
    I think it's creepy, not so much that Palin's emails have been hacked, but more so that any one of you are jumping for joy that your compadre's commit felonies to somehow help you win.

But that's just me.
    Hurt to know that McCain's judgment or he is so desperate that he would associate himself with Palin.

Sorry but the joy is acknowledgment that what people thought was true IS true.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No surprise... hang out on some hacker forums and realize just how easy it is to get into almost anything on the web if someone targets you.

One mistake and you are done... and it is easy to make a mistake.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001