Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    My point is simply that Dems, if elected, threaten the progress in IRAQ.

I wouldn't take that risk, I hope you won't either. Think about it.
    What progress in Iraq? I think Barye's signature line says it best...

The Dems want to get us out of a war in which we should not be. That is progress; the war is not.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    What progress in Iraq?
    The 90 billion per year Barack now gets to use as campaign reverie but at best will only end up keeping and using on more crappy and pointless social programs.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    If there is no progress in IRAQ, why was Barak conceding that there is?

He's embarrassed, he's backpeddling, He's still attempting helplessly to apply some logic to his prior positions, but he knows the progress is real.

In other words: he's a politician, but he's not an *****.
    Last edited by WHarropson; 09/08/2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Deleted offensive remark

How about you?
    WHarropson your post was rude. The indirect ad hominem attacks are unecessary.
    You're right. I'm sorry, I edited it.

I'll get rid of the avitar too.
    If there is no progress in IRAQ, why was Barak conceding that there is?

He's embarrassed, he's backpeddling, He's still attempting helplessly to apply some logic to his prior positions, but he knows the progress is real.

Well, he indicated that there has been progress, but that it wasn't due to the surge alone. He also indicated that making progress doesn't in and of itself justify the reasons that we're at war in Iraq when the real enemy is in Afghanistan.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, he indicated that there has been progress, but that it wasn't due to the surge alone. He also indicated that making progress doesn't in and of itself justify the reasons that we're at war in Iraq when the real enemy is in Afghanistan.
    It may not be the surge alone, great! I'll accept that!

Notice he doesn't claim any progress whatsoever would have occurred without the surge. He knows it wouldn't have. So his response deflects, it's a passive denial, it's a persuasive evasion, ...without a defined alternate conclusion.

Logically you would have to propose that any progress would have occured without a surge. Notice he didn't say that. (remember, he's not an *****) So what is the point? Barak has had no intentions of progress in IRAQ. He has to say something when cornered, and he's banking on 51% of us imagining that he's got a point. He doesn't.

"making progress doesn't in and of itself justify the reasons... "

You know, that is a legitimate position on which good people can disagree.

It comes down to the decision to follow through, or cut and run.

As Powell said to Bush, you break it, you bought it.

We bought it big time. Get over it.

Now we can follow through giving the Iraqis the opportunity of freedom, or be crybabies and run away after breaking it.

If I were an Iraqi I would thank GOD it was the USA doing the breaking. Wouldn't you?
    Last edited by WHarropson; 09/09/2008 at 12:01 PM.
    It may not be the surge alone, great! I'll accept that!

Notice he doesn't claim any progress whatsoever would have occurred without the surge. He knows it wouldn't have. So his response deflects, it's a passive denial, it's a persuasive evasion, ...without a defined alternate conclusion.

Logically you would have to propose that any progress would have occured without a surge. Notice he didn't say that. (remember, he's not an *****) So what is the point? Barak has had no intentions of progress in IRAQ. He has to say something when cornered, and he's banking on 51% of us imagining that he's got a point. He doesn't.

"making progress doesn't in and of itself justify the reasons... "

You know, that is a legitimate position on which good people can disagree.

It comes down to the decision to follow through, or cut and run.

I think his point is that success over the past year doesn't justify the previous five years of failure, nor does it justify the fact that the American people were lied to about our reasoning for going there in the first place.

His actual statement was: “There is no doubt that the extraordinary work of our U.S. forces has contributed to a lessening of the violence, just as making sure that the Sadr militia stood down or the fact that the Sunni tribes decided to flip and work with us instead of with Al Qaeda... I think that the definition of success depends on how you look at it.

“Originally, the administration suggested that the key measure was whether it gave breathing room for political reconciliation. So far, I think we have not seen the kind of political reconciliation that’s going to bring about long-term stability in Iraq,” he said.

So if we judge success by lower death tolls, then it's been a success. But if it doesn't bring us closer to Iraqi independence, then we aren't really reaching our goals.

By the way, the term "cut and run" has been used as a negative term since the Vietnam days, in order to give the not-so-subtle message that having an actual concern about misuse of aggression was somehow cowardly. I think its possible for someone to actually question if our kids are dying for the right reason without it being seen as not being macho enough to be president. (Besides which, even the Iraqi government is in support of a timeline for withdrawal.)
    Last edited by Bujin; 09/08/2008 at 11:01 PM.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    [QUOTE=Bujin;1494981] American people were lied to about our reasoning for going there in the first place.
    QUOTE]

That claim bores me.

If 51 percent can be persuaded of that lie then I suppose you win don't you.

I have no desire to win with a lie.

The rest of Baraks quotes you pasted in do nothing to refute my observations.
    Then you have not been keeping up with it. The progress is real, even Obama admitted it when he was cornered in a recent interview (Google will find it). The price for liberty? well worth it.

If Obama/Biden were in the White House at this time, we would have lost in Iraq; we are now winning. Really, quit repeating the talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    What progress in Iraq? I think Barye's signature line says it best...

The Dems want to get us out of a war in which we should not be. That is progress; the war is not.
    Social programs? Really, they are communist inspired programs - the government is the answer to all. The fun part is, since they believe the government is the answer for all, take a look at the mortgage industry!

Do we remember Enron and the blast in the news about its 1/2 billion in errors? Remember all of the press? Where is that press with Fannie & Mackie? Where is that press with their 6 billion in accounting games. Really. And I am sure we all know some of the famous people running those 2 corporations - people from Bill's White House, a woman who made it her thing to keep the CIA and FBI from talking - the list is long. The guilt wide spread. None of them facing "justice." Enron? What a loud bang, this, much worse with the people footing the bill and nothing of consequence said by our wonderful media.

Didn't Obama and Biden vote for the "Bridge to Nowhere?"

Has anyone asked any of the males running for office if they would put family before country?

Anyone say anything about Biden's 5 deferments? Didn't Obama said he HAD to register in 1979 for Selective Service? Betcha may not remember that the requirement to register for SS ended in 1975 and restarted in 1980.

The list does not stop.

Remember, Obama knocked on the doors of terrorists, killers,
    other fine people. He is against, for and then against. Think he will stand up on an issue as President? If he is elected, every rogue nation will come out of the wood work and challenge us.

What a politician! Do we need a president that DOES NOT SUPPORT OUR MILITARY? Does not support those men and women placing their lives on the line for this country and what it stands for, for the people we have for many, many years fought for and given our lives for. For the millions of Jews during WW II? If the left is so concerned about people, they why or why does it want to stop funding our military? Look at what our inaction in Rwanda has done. The list is long - Just Speeches, Just Words - that is the Obama we all know.

----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    The 90 billion per year Barack now gets to use as campaign reverie but at best will only end up keeping and using on more crappy and pointless social programs.
    Last edited by bclinger; 09/09/2008 at 02:36 AM.
    The real enemy is Afghanistan? Every single intelligence agency in the world agreed with the statements Bush presented. The Iraqi leader did have a connection with Obama, did torture/kill thousands of his country's citizens. Billy stated regime change was needed...the list continues.

All you are doing is repeating the baseless talking points of the liberal world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The real enemy is Afghanistan? Every single intelligence agency in the world agreed with the statements Bush presented. The Iraqi leader did have a connection with Obama, ...
    oh Ben -- not even that featherhead junior will any longer contend that stuff is true.

junior and BARYE have a closer friendship than had Sadamm and Osama.

Read more Ben -- junior had a hard-on for finishing daddy's "mission" against Saddam, even well before he (junior) unconstitutionally seized power.

9/11 just gave him an easier pretext to get the american people to back his war...
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/23/2008 at 08:18 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Social programs? Really, they are communist inspired programs - the government is the answer to all. The fun part is, since they believe the government is the answer for all, take a look at the mortgage industry!
    The context of such programs aside . . .

Obama supporters should be thanking George Bush for the war. If it were not for Bush and going to war, where do they suppose their current arguments favoring Obama be?

Call me crazy, but if there were no war, would they be running around championing how Obama was going to increase spending by 90 billion?

Of course not!! That would be lunacy.

However, since we are at war, it is convenient to tout how Obama intends to divert the current 90 billion per year spending because he simply doesn't really have to answer to the increase, just where it goes.

If Obama supporters want to impress me with their candidate, tell me how he intends on:

1 - Reduce spending by 90 billion

AND

2 - Increase spending on social programs without increasing taxes for the rich.

This of course would require some serious budgeting (read: wasteful spending reduction).

No, Obama isn't some great leader, he's just another politician taking advantage of a decision he really doesn't have to answer for.

[cue someone to demand answers from me on McCain] . . . who, as I have said before, I will be voting for reluctantly.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    That claim bores me.

If 51 percent can be persuaded of that lie then I suppose you win don't you.

I have no desire to win with a lie.
    You've said something about 51 percent a few times. You do realize that's not the way our election system works (where Presidential elections are concerned), right?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Is it true that Biden and Obama voted for the bridge to nowhere?
    That's really cool!

I want to THANK bclinger for filling in the blank I left about the alleged Lie to the American people.

I said I was bored of it and I mean it. It's tiring, it's infantile, but for the sake of the weak of mind, someone must continue refuting it. God help us!

Thanks bclinger for picking up the baton... I was about to collapse.

Toby, You are right, it's much more complicated than 51 percent. Point taken.
    For those who pay more attention than I:

Obama and McCain are both Senators. They are active participatns in the body that has direct responsiblity for the budget (i.e. deficit), authorization and funding of war (i.e. Iraq), taxes (i.e. economy)....

What is it about the Presidency that will allow either of these men to do anything different?

I recognize the power of the veto. But the legislature will simply load the business as usual stuff on to legislation that is important to the President to get it through.

So, if these guys really wanted to effect change, wouldn't it more effective to redoulbe their effort in their current offices?
    And that is what makes this so interesting. Has anyone looked at the pork for Illinois that Obama voted for instead of present? I was reading a few days ago...the amount is not small, but really not large compared to bottom line totals.

There is no change with Obama, McCain and Biden. All 3 are part of an institution that resists change. Obama lost "change" when he knocked on the doors of the Chicago political machine, the killer and terrorists (they said they did not do enough). He was quickly accepted in to the machine and functioned as part of the machine. Since the day he became a senator, he started running from office, voted present 130 or so times, we know the rest. McCain and Biden - no substantial change in their positions. Obama was voted as the most liberal Senator and Biden as the 3rd most liberal - no change there.

The only change among the 4 is Palin. Her party in Alaska does not like her, but the people do and that means change. Of the 4, only she is the middle class person, Obama though claiming middle class, left that early in life. Obama feels your pain, only when high on weed when a teenager attending one of the most prestigious high schools in the country and the colleges he went to. Obama had no passion in his youth, that directly from the books with his name on them. He accomplished nothing of merit other than graduating from various schools. He was a lawyer for a short time and accomplished nothing. He left that and became a community organizer and accomplished nothing of consequence. He ran for state office and accomplished little of consequence, though he did tell the world he advocated infanticide. He became senator and has accomplished nothing there other than to immediately run for president. While running for president he has been forced to re-write his past to avoid the hard questions that were thrown up on occasion. He has thrown more than a handful of his supporters for 20+ years under the bus. He openly went after support from radicals who attempted to destroy this country back in the 60's and 70's. He openly seeks advise from people who DAMN AMERICA. He has a 20 year gap in memory when it comes to the church he attended where DAMN AMERICA was a common occurrence. And to think he says and people here believe he will unite this country.

How can a person whose core support is the lunatic fringe unite this country?
    What is most interesting though is that I am sure we all remember the Democrats yelling at the top of their lungs that Bush lost the majority and won the Electoral College vote. This year though there stands a real chance of McCain winning the popular vote and Obama the Electoral College.

Do we remember Enron and the blast in the news about its 1/2 billion in errors? Remember all of the press? Where is that press with Fannie & Mackie?
    Umm, you do realize that Fannie and Freddie aren't government programs, right? (If you didn't, don't feel bad, neither did Sarah Palin.)