Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1043
  1. #181  
    What you fail to acknowledge is that it is in his past because he has and is still openly courting these people. As for experience, again what experience does Obama have? Has he run a corporation? Has he run a city government? Has he run a state government? He has run a campaign and he was a community organizer. How does running a campaign and being a community organizer compare to a person in charge of a government entity such as the mayor, governor - these people day-to-day are involved in wide ranging decision making, budget, et cetera. A senator picks a few issues to become familiar with - the governor - that person has a wide range.

    Based on what a governor does, what a mayor does - the qualifications are so much more than what Obama has - there is no comparison.

    Young and experienced? Again, what experience? Isn't there a foundation that Obama is associated with that recently came under scruity for blowing a few million dollars?

    Just words. Just speeches - Obama is right there.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    McCain has a bad temper... Biden does not. McCain holds grudges for years.

    Don't even bring up "experience." Face it, she is the most LEAST qualified person to ever run on a major ticket in modern history!!!! She boasts obama's argument that he is the most qualified individual in the running (young + experienced).





    lol... obama is not currently under investigation. This hurts you... I know.

    How would you twist this if obama was under investigation? Interesting how you keep repeating the same garbage over and over... You don't even know this woman, how do you know what is in her past?

    What murderers are in obama's past? What terrorists? Right, none... again, your weak and feeble attempts to discredit him for working on many boards with other individuals (like republicans, ect). Again, you have nothing directly against obama.... this lady is under investigation!!!

    For McCain to pick her, he must be about as weak and feeble as you. At least both of you have something in common.

    How is that for babbling? Thought I'd spice things up... you make it sound like the thread was getting boring.
  2. #182  
    You just quoted her history - now how about quotting Obama's history. Mayor? City commissioner? Governor?

    No matter how small the government, mayor/governor - the experience there involves executive decision making, budgets, et cetera. Nothing in Obama's past comes even close to that. Obama excels on knocking on the door of terrorists, murderers, and other nasty people.

    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    a year and a half as Governor of a state smaller in population than most major cities.

    Before that the mayor of a ?illage of 9000 (smaller than many High Schools).


    Oh I'm sorry -- I think she'd been President as well.

    Of her PTA...

    What was it that John McComedian said -- ready from day one to be President ??

    What standard are we now using -- junior ???
  3. #183  
    I love it when you guys (and gals) talk about experience.

    So far, the only experience that these candidates have shown me is that they are all experienced in making promises to one group of people and then turning their backs in attempts to get support of another.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Give it up and move on.
    Physician, heal thyself.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You just quoted her history - now how about quotting Obama's history. Mayor? City commissioner? Governor?

    No matter how small the government, mayor/governor - the experience there involves executive decision making, budgets, et cetera. Nothing in Obama's past comes even close to that. Obama excels on knocking on the door of terrorists, murderers, and other nasty people.
    She is still the most LEAST qualified person to ever run on a major ticket in modern history !!!! (that is a FACT.)

    She boasts obama's argument that he is the most qualified individual in the running (young + experienced).

    Your ridiculous rants about obama being associated with murderers, terrorists and other "nasty" people just goes to show how desperate you are. Poor thing.

    And if you truly took a look at each candidate, you would know obama's work history. You don't know since you are asking others...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Um, she has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain combined.
    Please tell me you are joking...

    I'm "messing" around with ben simply because he is fun to toy with... but I'd pray no one else outside of Unstable Ben really believes her "experience" argument.

    Maybe one day we (on the board) can have a serious discussion on this forum about experience... fluffy experience....

    Bush has great executive "experience" and look where that took us.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  7. #187  
    I can sort of understand the argument that governors have experience that may be more analogous to the presidency than a congressman would. However, all executive experience isn't equal, so to state that being a small-town mayor counts as experience to be president is rather silly.

    I've been a school administrator for 15 years, yet I make no claims that I'm ready to be president.....yet.
  8. #188  
    Theog - where do you come up with that Obama is more qualified? Has he had the executive leadership? The experience in running something, in running a real live company? Also, her husband is a union member. Her oldest son is going to Iraq.

    You rant about the ministers of McCain. But you do not rant about the murders and terrorists in Obama's past, people he still associates with.

    Obama's work history - we have looked and it is not there. You say it is, and it is not. Obama has run no companies, held no leadership position in a company, held no mayor's office, no governor's office. Has never been in a decision making position with any company. Nothing. It is not there. He has voted present approximately 130 times and if that is leadership, then again, he has done nothing.

    Desperate? Hey, no more/no less than you and as I said before, at least she does not avoid answering questions. Obama does avoid answering questions.

    Of the four people involved, she is the ONLY one with experience leading a running a city and a state. Your buddies do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    She is still the most LEAST qualified person to ever run on a major ticket in modern history !!!! (that is a FACT.)

    She boasts obama's argument that he is the most qualified individual in the running (young + experienced).

    Your ridiculous rants about obama being associated with murderers, terrorists and other "nasty" people just goes to show how desperate you are. Poor thing.

    And if you truly took a look at each candidate, you would know obama's work history. You don't know since you are asking others...
  9. #189  
    What does her husband being a union member, and her son going to iraq have to do with her being qualified/unqualified to be VP?
  10. #190  
    As much as it has to do when Michelle babbles about her husband.

    Her husband a union member, personal contact. Her son going to Iraq, personal involvement on an immediate level.

    Obama and Michelle - union members? Obama, Michell - military?

    Michelle - Obama understands your pain. Obama will... I lost count how many times Obama will...

    You really answer your own question with a thought.
  11. #191  
    personal contact? with 5 kids it's obvious they have a lot of that, but THATS not relevant.

    I was reading Maureen Dowd today, interesting and funny column. Can you imagine McCain's pick trying to stare Putin down? 4 month old baby in one arm, breast pump in the other? hahahaha
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I love it when you guys (and gals) talk about experience.

    So far, the only experience that these candidates have shown me is that they are all experienced in making promises to one group of people and then turning their backs in attempts to get support of another.
    Ah, there it is. The "none of the above" cynicism. The "things are so f'd up and they are all corrupt and nothing is going to change it" attitude.

    Please, do share more.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Theog - where do you come up with that Obama is more qualified?
    He had a passport prior to 2007.

  14. #194  
    Wow, If nothing else McCain's choice got this forum smokin'.

    His Unqualified Veep is better than your Unqualified candidate. So there!

    You have my permission to end the discussion at that.

    But in case you don't I'll chime in a little more without making mention about the slave owning origins of Barak's ancestors, and white liberal messiahism.

    What Palin does for McCain is what conservatives only hoped a Mormon or a preacher might do for his ticket. Romney or any other social conservative may have helped with some cred in the principles department that McCain was weak on, but the Palin pick in a surprising way somehow blows them all out of the water in the credibility department.

    Maybe credibility isn't the best word for it this early, but her bio is of someone who is capable of excelling in every persuit, and has proven that she can be both Miss Congeniality and also knows how to roll heads. She's routed out corrupt (republican) polititians, cut taxes and waste, cut her own pay, and probably cooked some buffalo stew that night. I'm betting she's a quick study for her handlers in any new role. And I want to trust her because she agees with me in principle, as did George W. God bless his soul. (I love that guy, I really do).

    I hope I don't minimize her by suggesting that its a Legally brunette moment, Or should I say a Mayor-ally Brunette, or a Gubenatorial -ly Brunette moment, or a Miss congeniality first runnerup miss whatever-she-was Brunette moment. It's a moment I hope continues into a blockbuster hit, (did you see Legally Blonde... it was really funny).

    And of the risk of such a neophite that close to the presidency, All I have to think of is how close we got to an AlGore or a John Kerry, and it's really a very easy risk to contemplate. She doesn't appear to be a complete bore or a hipocrite.

    Wayne

    does this thing have a spell checker? I still don't know how you guys embed quotes for posters in your replies. Please direct me to the tutoral. Thx
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
    What Palin does for McCain is what conservatives only hoped a Mormon or a preacher might do for his ticket. Romney or any other social conservative may have helped with some cred in the principles department that McCain was weak on, but the Palin pick in a surprising way somehow blows them all out of the water in the credibility department.
    You're kidding right? The Religious Right embrace a Mormon? Do a little light reading about those Social Conservatives.
  16. #196  
    Was anyone else a little creeped out after McCain referred to Palin as his partner and soul mate during his interview with Chris Wallace this morning? It sounded like he was talking about his future third wife, not a political running mate.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Ah, there it is. The "none of the above" cynicism. The "things are so f'd up and they are all corrupt and nothing is going to change it" attitude.

    Please, do share more.
    Now when did I ever say that things were going to change?

    I am just sick and tired of candidates making claims to support a certain topic, and then chop the support up to get a quick vote.

    From what I have picked up, McCain is just like most of the other GOP candidates, and Obama is trying to play it safe.

    Obama claims to be all for equal rights for everybody, but in order to get the support of the conservative Americans he completely weakens his support for equal rights with "equal but different" comments. If you claim to support equality for everybody than do not undermine your claim by stating that you believe that marriage is only between a man and a woman and that one group of people should get marriage while another should only get civil unions.

    To me, McCain is at least four more years of W and I am not to sure that I want a President that is not going to stand behind his claimed policies.

    So yes, "none of the above" seems to be applicable in my case. Though, "things are so f'd up and they are all corrupt and nothing is going to change it" does not apply here. Things can be changed, but I am not sure with these people behind the wheel.

    Anyway, I am off to spend the next two months figuring out where to put this vote.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Please tell me you are joking...

    I'm "messing" around with ben simply because he is fun to toy with... but I'd pray no one else outside of Unstable Ben really believes her "experience" argument.

    Maybe one day we (on the board) can have a serious discussion on this forum about experience... fluffy experience....

    Bush has great executive "experience" and look where that took us.
    Executive experience isn't the only factor, or even the most important of many factors, but it is important. There are many very smart people who turn out to be awful and ineffective managers, and you don't really know for sure until you give them management responsibility. Obama may turn out to be an awesome manager; he has reportedly run his campaign office extremely well. But he hasn't truly been tested in that role. He was a law professor, a community organizer (whatever that is), and a legislator.

    Palin manages probably tens of thousands of state employees, and a budget of probably many billions of dollars. She has decision making authority over a very wide range of issues, and she's accountable for the performance of the organization she leads. That alone doesn't "qualify" a person to be President, but it helps. Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II all had some executive experience before taking the role of President.

    How does being a Senator "qualify" a person to be President? Well, there's the assumption that Senators have knowledge on most issues faced by the federal government. That's true to a degree. I consider Biden to be an expert on foreign policy, and I would trust his judgment as commander in chief - though I might not always agree with him. When a Senator writes a bill or chairs a committee or travels regularly to certain regions, I would assume he's an expert on the subject matter. But I'm not so sure that having voted on a piece of legislation or having talked about an issue in a speech makes one an expert in that area.

    Likewise, I don't assume someone has no knowledge of a subject or poor judgment just because he or she has not worked in Washington. My initial impression of Palin is partly negative - not due to her experience, but because I disagree with her positions on several issues. (I do like that she's for ANWR drilling, and I hope she converts McCain.) It'll be interesting to see whether she ultimately demonstrates valuable expertise on energy policy, environmental policy, and government reform.

    You're entitled to your opinion that she's the least qualified person to run on a major ticket recently. But your claim that it's a "fact" is just silly since there is obviously no objective standard for qualification.


    Obama is an extremely impressive guy - very smart and very charismatic. And my biggest concern about him - that he would create chaos in the Middle East with his promise to pull out troops regardless of circumstances on the ground - has largely gone away, as a result of both the trend toward stability in Iraq and the choice of Biden as VP nominee. For the first time in a long time, I am truly undecided about my vote.
  19. #199  
    I have no problem embracing a Mormon. His politics are my concern, his religion is not.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    You're kidding right? The Religious Right embrace a Mormon? Do a little light reading about those Social Conservatives.
  20. #200  
    Theog, you really are good at the name calling. I am truly impressed.

Posting Permissions