Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 128
  1. #101  
    And you might have impressed me by quoting the original source... lol

    http://www.barackobama.com/issues/energy/

    Of course mccain: http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/...ca5caba1de.htm

    Such a huge different in their websites... obama seems to have his ideas together.... I think mccain copied obama's site...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2. #102  
    Give McCain some slack....Obama is younger hence more hip to this web savvy thing.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Looks like it's #1, the unlikely choice - she is conceding today to tomorrow. She has cut a deal for VP is my speculation. Not in her genes to give up without getting something.
    Still no concession.

    Perhaps we should start a Hillary Concession Watch. Someone put up a website with a timer tracking elapsed time from Obama getting the pledged delegate count until Hillary concedes.

    And maybe a pool with a cardboard cookie going to the person who comes closest to the actual duration without going over.......
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgriffith View Post
    Still no concession.

    Perhaps we should start a Hillary Concession Watch. Someone put up a website with a timer tracking elapsed time from Obama getting the pledged delegate count until Hillary concedes.

    And maybe a pool with a cardboard cookie going to the person who comes closest to the actual duration without going over.......
    Today's (Wed) not over yet...

    But she has done so in effect....just not in words...
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Today's (Wed) not over yet...

    But she has done so in effect....just not in words...
    True.... some say she is fighting for vp... not sure how "hanging around" helps her chances at vp. Maybe the thought of taking it to denver would scare obama into giving her the vp spot?

    I'm thinking she is out today as well... although, by friday for sure...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6. #106  
    Why would one want to give up a powerful senate career for the veep position? Makes no sense. If she's veep and the first term goes well, she can't run against him and if it goes bad she'll be tied to it.

    Honor of being the first woman veep? Maybe.

    I still don't think she wants it. She's bargaining for other things.
  7. #107  
    There is NO doubt she is acting for her own self interest right now....the question is what is it.

    A VP position is a very logical step in her possible plan. If Obama gets elected with her as VP, then she is a hoping that she is all but guaranteed to be the nominee after he is done. This would also include if Obama does not win the election.

    But you may very well be right in the fact that she other motives. Having her debts paid to finally make her go away is one....or banking that McCain wins and she goes for it in 2012 is another.

    She has her priority list....now since the first is all but crossed off...she is onto her number two, etc... until she gets the best she can salvage out if this. The question that follows, is how long will she hold out to get what she wants? Denver anyone?
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Why would one want to give up a powerful senate career for the veep position? Makes no sense. If she's veep and the first term goes well, she can't run against him and if it goes bad she'll be tied to it.

    Honor of being the first woman veep? Maybe.

    I still don't think she wants it. She's bargaining for other things.
    She's a junior Senator from New York with a very low seniority in the Senate. She's got little power there. If she goes back, her Presidential aspirations are over, IMO.

    If she becomes VP, she'll be President of the Senate, the second ranking official in the Democratic Party, and the default choice as the next Democratic Presidential nominee after Obama in 2016. If Obama loses in 2008, then unlike Edwards, she'll still be able to bounce back as the front-runner next time.

    I think if she had to choose between $30 million in Obama-aid and the VP slot, she'd take the VP slot.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    She's a junior Senator from New York with a very low seniority in the Senate. She's got little power there. If she goes back, her Presidential aspirations are over, IMO.

    If she becomes VP, she'll be President of the Senate, the second ranking official in the Democratic Party, and the default choice as the next Democratic Presidential nominee after Obama in 2016. If Obama loses in 2008, then unlike Edwards, she'll still be able to bounce back as the front-runner next time.

    I think if she had to choose between $30 million in Obama-aid and the VP slot, she'd take the VP slot.
    Ding ding ding...we have a winner...
  10. #110  
    She won't be chosen as Obama's running mate.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    She won't be chosen as Obama's running mate.
    Care to place a wager on that?

    I don't think Obama wants to, but I think his hand will be forced (if the deal isn't already done.)

    Hillary on ticket = guaranteed loss

    Hillary not ticket = probable loss
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Care to place a wager on that?
    How much?

    After what carter said, I don't see how he could add her to the ticket. lol

    But I also think deep down inside many dems know that what carter said was the truth.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    How much?

    After what carter said, I don't see how he could add her to the ticket. lol

    But I also think deep down inside many dems know that what carter said was the truth.
    $100 cash money.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Care to place a wager on that?

    I don't think Obama wants to, but I think his hand will be forced (if the deal isn't already done.)

    Hillary on ticket = guaranteed loss

    Hillary not ticket = probable loss
    I agree that she would guarantee the loss if she was on the ticket. Not even Democrats are stupid enough to do that. Then again...
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    $100 cash money.
    You should make it $1000.00

    $100 is gas money.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    You should make it $1000.00

    $100 is gas money.
    So I take it you will not take the wager?
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    So I take it you will not take the wager?
    That is between you and nsxprime... I'm the guy thats been to vegas three times and not lost over $60. Gambling is foolish, unless the wager is rigged.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    That is between you and nsxprime... I'm the guy thats been to vegas three times and not lost over $60. Gambling is foolish, unless the wager is rigged.
    You said "how much", so I thought you wanted in.

    Life is a gamble...it's all about risk management.

    Not sure what going to Vegas three times and not losing over $60 means, other than you have a certain level of risk aversion.

    If the game is rigged, then it's not gambling - it's cheating. Big difference.

    Anyway, I'm still waiting for any takers....
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Not sure what going to Vegas three times and not losing over $60 means,
    Means I don't gamble...

    But you would have to carry the sentence on to the next to fully understand....

    If the game is rigged, then it's not gambling - it's cheating. Big difference.
    Yea, and I'm sure all the casinos in Vegas are playing fair.

    Your post made me laugh.


    Life is a gamble...it's all about risk management.
    I was talking about a specific activity... but ok.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  20. #120  
    Casino games are not rigged. The odds or all card games are known. Slots are programmed witnesses a specific odds/payback level, but each spin is randomly executed.

    The fact you think the games are rigged makes me laugh.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions