Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who is responsible for what Michelle says? Is it she or is it he? (Notice I am not using any middle names, that done to keep from offending those who dislike middle names).

Also, is Michelle laying ground work for her run at the presidency? What will make her proud enough to run this country other than having him as president? (Notice I am not using any first names, other than her first name, that done to keep from offending those who dislike first names).
    Most excellent questions! 75,000 people had an oportunity to find out first hand here in Portland yesterday.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Ok, do you think she has any personal ambition toward what Hillary is doing? I know from listening to her speeches that she does not think people can do anything without a lot of help from the government. Both she and he also believe their daughters do not have the same rights as men. What a comment from them - the opposite is true.
    I'm almost afraid to ask, but WTH are you referring to? Care to provide a link to validate your crazy talk?
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  5.    #5  
    No, take a bit of time to search like many of us do. Take a bit of time to listen and she will pop up. Crazy talk? Listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask, but WTH are you referring to? Care to provide a link to validate your crazy talk?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Both she and he also believe their daughters do not have the same rights as men. What a comment from them - the opposite is true.

Ben,

I don't suppose that many voters give a rip about her ambitions (I sure don't). Michelle seems like a very warm and intelligent individual. She will make an excellent first lady.

It's your strange quote above that displays, yet again, your bizarre point of view. Here's a link to Obama's position on women's rights. That's twenty three pages of pro-women's rights material for your reading pleasure.

You have it backwards. Ben makes spurious claims about Mr. and Mrs. Obama's views on women's rights, it's up to Ben to provide the citation. I googled the topic for fun. Guess what? Nada.

Please indulge this lazy individual. Prove you are not the hater as alleged by others. Provide a link that is not from a right wing hatesite

If you can produce a credible source for your crazy talk, I will renounce the vote I placed for Senator Obama today (and change my avatar). If you are unable to perform, you owe the TlC community a retraction.
    Well, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you're drinking and posting tonight.
    Who me? Only organic ice tea. What's your problem?
  9.    #9  
    PDX, take a look at this link - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3963576.ece and then get back to me. Michelle makes statements in the public eye and when one makes statements in the public eye, one is normally held accountable for them. Specifically, if you say the sky is green, then I am sure you hold yourself accountable for it and do not have a serious problem if someone says that it is blue and provides a blue picture.

With Michelle making these statements and Obama (note no middle name) stating (and we quote from the above link):

The Democrat senator for Illinois sent out the blunt message: "Lay off my wife" after the Tennessee Republican party released a four minute video on YouTube, rehashing comments that Michelle Obama made during campaigning in Wisconsin in February."

Does this mean that she cannot be questioned about what she says? She made the statement and has been taken to task for it. The tasking was not personal, was not racial. Listen to it.

I am accountable, you are accountable, Bush is accountable, but Obama and his wife are not.

Going further, I am sure you heard Obama state a couple of days ago that Iran was not a threat to this country (Google it) and yesterday what did he say? He said that Iran is a serious threat to this country. So now, what is going on there? If this were McCain saying this, the press would be all over him. Are we not allowed to hold Obama up to what he says?

Also, the link is not from a right wing hate site (however, look through a few posts from a few people on this board and you will see a few from left wing hate sites and from people like Oberman - and he is a joke).

As for women's rights, you need to look further. He did make a statement along the line of hoping his daughters had the same rights as men...

Also, he makes statements about the temperature in your home, how much you can eat (are we out of farm land in this country? Do we not feed the world? have we not contributed billions and the list goes on - what does this country have that it must be ashamed of?)

This country gives and gives and gives. We give to China a couple of times in its time of needs and what do we get. We give and give and give. Who gives to us?

Spurious claims? Far from it. Take the time to look around and listen. Turn off Oberman. And I am not the hater you make me out to be. Nothing I have stated anywhere here indicates that and it is frankly getting old. Your statements show a lot more aggression than mine do.

Look around and then decide who needs to do the retraction.
  10.    #10  
    Also, look at your post to daThomas - take the smile off of it and look at it for what it really says - aggression on your part. His statement does not deserve your response.
    Spurious claims? Far from it. Take the time to look around and listen. Turn off Oberman. And I am not the hater you make me out to be. Nothing I have stated anywhere here indicates that and it is frankly getting old. Your statements show a lot more aggression than mine do..
    You would vote for a white candidate who went to muslim school... says he is okay... but then you "pick" on obama for having a muslim name.

You would vote for someone who has wife that is an adulteress, but yet you pick on obama's wife for a small mix up during a speech. Let me see you give 10 to 20 speeches in a week and see how well you would do....

It is obvious you have racist tendencies... Every post you make is about race in one form or another. Sad part is that people like you increase racial tensions and then act surprised when someone gets hurt. But you are a daily reminder of why the republican party is in so much trouble right now.... People like you give the republican party a bad image.

You have free speech... that is a given... but new people should know you are the minority on this site (your thinking).

Your posts are comical....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  12.    #12  
    Why would I vote for a white person or a black person going to a Muslim school? Did I say that? I do not pick on Obama for having a Muslim name, I only used his complete name - others took offense to it, I did not and did not use it in a derogatory manner - you really need to point out where I used it in a derogatory manner.

We speak of voting for someone who has a wife that is an adulteress - where did I say that? Picking on Obama's wife for a small mix up during a speech? Theog, do more looking around. I am not picking on her - I am only asking, "should she be held accountable and "since she is making public statements, should she be held accountable for those statements and be questioned on them." That my friend is not picking on a person. You are inferring she is making 10 to 20 speeches in a week, well that to me and bunches of others that she is in the public light and we all know that people in the public light are fair game. If you run a hospital and do something the board does not like, do they have the right to question you? Is that picking on a person? Is that picking on you?

I believe you mentioned something about being in security. That means if you do something in relation to that job, that someone, for instance the people that pay you or you represent, do they not have a right to question you? I am very, very confused by what you are saying. Why are they any different from you, from me, from daThomas, from anyone here. You say they are, but why are they?

Racial tendencies? Theog, you are digging deep there and again, nothing I have said goes there. Nothing at all. Nothing in my posts indicate race in any form - others bring it up, not me. Increasing racial tensions? No, not at all - just holding a person accountable - just like people hold you accountable.
    Ben,

Strike two! You provided a link to another topic altogether. You can't back up the specific claim you made regarding the Obama's children .

Aggressive? Peshaw. daT & I are NW bro's in free thaught. That was a genuine probing .

Also, FWIW, I don't think you are a hatefull racist (that's theog's angle, not mine). Myopic in your world view maybe.
  14.    #14  
    PDX, that link had nothing to do with Obama's family - never indicated it did. The link is about Michelle. The comment Obama made about his kids was about 2 weeks ago.

Another one, http://obama.senate.gov/speech/05111...rks_of_sena_1/ - hoping his daughters will have the same opportunities as our sons.

In another speech he said "rights," not opportunities. What I have noticed is that Obama does much better with a teleprompter and prepared notes.
    Why would I vote for a white person or a black person going to a Muslim school? Did I say that?
    Yes, you did...

I do not pick on Obama for having a Muslim name, I only used his complete name - others took offense to it, I did not and did not use it in a derogatory manner - you really need to point out where I used it in a derogatory manner.
    No I don't... your words speak for themselves...

Only a person with a serious issue would use the his name in that fashion.

It kills me how you attempt to hide behind that "it is his name" statement.

That my friend
    You sound like John McCain! I'd guess that is a figure of speech, because we are definitely not friends....

I believe you mentioned something about being in security.
    No, wrong person....

Racial tendencies?
    Yes. It is unfortunate... you need help.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    PDX, that link had nothing to do with Obama's family - never indicated it did. The link is about Michelle. The comment Obama made about his kids was about 2 weeks ago.

Another one, http://obama.senate.gov/speech/05111...rks_of_sena_1/ - hoping his daughters will have the same opportunities as our sons.

In another speech he said "rights," not opportunities. What I have noticed is that Obama does much better with a teleprompter and prepared notes.
    It is ashame that you are filled with so much hate you can't get the meaning of the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    that's theog's angle, not mine.
    It is not an angle.... it is true*.

*Actually, I don't know or care if he is a racist... he stood up and called me a racist in a thread a while back so I like to "repay" him the favor every chance I get. Yes, I'm childish like that... and it works... I've irked ben... lol... what fun... lol

Think I've proved a point to Ben... he can't be going around making baseless statements against people without proof. He does not like when he is called a racist, so I'm not sure why he thought I would like it. But of course he will now ask "did I say that" and not remember his comments. His words don't count, but he wants everyone else to stand by theirs.... Ever notice how ben says "did I say that" or "who me" or something like that? Odd, huh?

Ben does hold obama to a different standard than other candidates, who all happen to be white. Then again, that might only be a coincidence. It is obvious Ben has some issues. Race issues? I don't know... I can't know that... no one can. I'm not sure it matters, this is a forum... it is entertainment... and to help people when you can. We need to help Ben get into therapy. Any good opensource therapy software available?
    Last edited by theog; 05/21/2008 at 03:45 AM.
    ^This angle is more complex.

Off to work. Have a great day all.
  19.    #19  
    Theog, I never found that thread, please point out the statement where it says I called you a racist. Also remember, this continuing problem you are having can cause a bit of censorship to happen via moderation. Baseless statements? Gosh, good luck and enjoy what you term and admit is your childish behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    It is not an angle.... it is true*.

*Actually, I don't know or care if he is a racist... he stood up and called me a racist in a thread a while back so I like to "repay" him the favor every chance I get. Yes, I'm childish like that... and it works... I've irked ben... lol... what fun... lol

Think I've proved a point to Ben... he can't be going around making baseless statements against people without proof. He does not like when he is called a racist, so I'm not sure why he thought I would like it. But of course he will now ask "did I say that" and not remember his comments. His words don't count, but he wants everyone else to stand by theirs.... Ever notice how ben says "did I say that" or "who me" or something like that? Odd, huh?

Ben does hold obama to a different standard than other candidates, who all happen to be white. Then again, that might only be a coincidence. It is obvious Ben has some issues. Race issues? I don't know... I can't know that... no one can. I'm not sure it matters, this is a forum... it is entertainment... and to help people when you can. We need to help Ben get into therapy. Any good opensource therapy software available?
    Theog, I never found that thread, please point out the statement where it says I called you a racist.
    You know the thread, stop wasting my time.

As I stated before, you often attempt to pretend like you don't know what is happening or going on when confronted. I've figured that out in you already.... I won't play that game. Well, either you are playing that game or you really don't remember what you say... either way, it would be a waste of my time to help you remember.

Use the search function.

Also remember, this continuing problem you are having can cause a bit of censorship to happen via moderation. Baseless statements?
    And stop threatening me already. That is really getting old....

You run around here with your baseless statements that you expect to go unchallenged. Then want to cry foul when someone calls you out.

Just like I said, you support a white candidate who went to school in Iran, but then want to mention obama's middle name no less than four or five times in one paragraph. Or you support an adulteress who is the wife of a candidate, but you single out obama's wife who slipped in a speech. In addition, I never hear you say how many speeches you perform each week. I've had to do speeches... that is why I know.

If anything the mods should censor your threads... it is SO obvious you are only here to cause a ruckus and disruption on the forum. None of your threads are sensible... there is no discussion and your threads produce nothing but hate and racial tension.

Personally, I think we should do self moderation of your threads... if no one replies to them eventually you will go away. lol

Gosh, good luck and enjoy what you term and admit is your childish behavior.
    I'm not afraid to admit what I am or what I do... never have. One thing I know, without knowing anyone on this board, is no one is less or more than I am.

We are all equal and we all have faults. Unfortunately, you don't believe all people are equal or that you have any faults. I'm sending out an SOS for you.. any opensource counseling software out there?
    Last edited by theog; 05/21/2008 at 05:21 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast