Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post

Explain to me why I'm wrong and we will debate..If you have the nads
    Has nothing to do with nads...its a waiste of time.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Another question for theog
    Lets turn the tables around hehe Bizarro world
    If McCain attended a prodomently white church for 20 years with a Rev Write pasture preaching hate towards African Americans and country do you think he could win a presidency?
    Oh yes..Do you think McCain would be sort of a racist attending that church for 20 years every Sunday adsorbing such filth ?

NO FEAR theog...answer honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Has nothing to do with nads...its a waiste of time.
    Correct spelling- waste

He can no longer speak for himself hmm dem bodyguard effect kicks in at last.
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/08/2008 at 09:21 PM.
  4.    #64  
    She better stop trying to hit Obama now. She should be focused exclusively on hitting McCaine. They should both pummel the snot out of him for the next month until she concedes and supports Obama.
    Correct spelling- waste

He can no longer speak for himself hmm dem bodyguard effect kicks in at last.
    Thanks...I am an engineer and I do the numbers thing well but spellin waz neva my thang, but I am working at it. You need to get off of Obama. There are white voters that will still vote for him inspite of the reverends comments because their smarter than that and know whats going on. I honestly dont think Obama sees eye to eye with his pastor. Some people also understand certain races and ethnic groups need to have as you would say a form of street credibility with their community or group of people, especially at a time like now when Obama needs the black vote and a picture of Obama with Sharpten must scare you. Whites sometimes go to churches where racism exists in the church and the community and though its not preached or outspoken, its surely preunderstood and some of these same people hold office in our country, but it doesnt mean they feel the same way. Are you afraid all blacks will get their 20 acres and a mule and whites will be enslaved if he holds the highest office...I hope not. Just keep spell checking for me Slingbox, you seem to have the time. I am sure I spelled some more **** wrong. LMAO
    at&t iPhone3G
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hey folks, wanted to jump in and say hello. daT, glad to see you are keeping up the good fight. Also, glad to see we got some nOObs in the ranks that are getting the righties panties in a wad, good work. LOL.

sling, you seem to be a good sport with all the flack you are taking.
    Thanks...I am an engineer and I do the numbers thing well but spellin waz neva my thang, but I am working at it.
    Sounds good.
    Please excuse my spelling and run on sentences .Its a 11:55PM est and I'm waiting for sprint to update there web site....I'm very tired

You need to get off of Obama. There are white voters that will still vote for him in spite of the reverends comments because their smarter than that and know whats going on.
    I'm not on Obama.
    99% of my post in this thread are about the Clintons.As far as some white voters being smart knowing whats going on with Obama hmm ok.
    That still doesn't answer my question directed to theog.

I honestly dont think Obama sees eye to eye with his pastor.
    That's were I must disagree with you.
    Obama defended his pasture and lost my vote Then 2 weeks later he tried to save face creating distance from his past.
    Think of it this way,Would you attend a church for 20 years every Sunday that preaches hate towards a certain race / hate America .I don't think you would...Why...You don't believe in such filth and would not want your children if any exposed to it.Obama on the either hand felt diffrent.He attended that hate church raising his children in it....very very sad to say the least and nothing will excuse such behavior.I am very disappointed in Obamas decision making...That should worry his supporters yet there looking past the facts because they want to believe in him.

Some people also understand certain races and ethnic groups need to have as you would say a form of street credibility with their community or group of people,.
    That's great but in a positive Way .To hang out with those that put down someone for skin color and insult your country is unacceptable.

especially at a time like now when Obama needs the black vote and a picture of Obama with Sharpten must scare you.
    Its funny you bring that up.
    First of all my skin color is white.I have a few friends that are black that attend a prodomently black Church's and they would never except such talk ... they would walk out finding another church to attend.
    Sharpton scare me...no but it scares my black friends because they know what hates about and see that coming from Obama's direction.

Whites sometimes go to churches where racism exists in the church and the community and though its not preached or outspoken, its surely preunderstood and some of these same people hold office in our country, but it doesnt mean they feel the same way.
    I wont vote for those people....why live in a hate filled past.

Are you afraid all blacks will get their 20 acres and a mule and whites will be enslaved if he holds the highest office...I hope not.
    I was very very supportive of Obama till he showed his true colors.I thought of him as change..A postive for are country.

Just keep spell checking for me Slingbox, you seem to have the time. I am sure I spelled some more **** wrong. LMAO
    lol...I was sharing my hard times in this thread with you..I'm very disliked so it seems .
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/08/2008 at 11:09 PM.
    A decent conversation to you contains nothing negative about Obama.
    Not at all... but obviously, you are obsessed with it... and you are not bringing anything new to the table. Then you keep repeating yourself with rumors and lies... gets a bit old after a while... especially when you are basically trolling the thread and causing disruption. Sometimes disruption is fun or a good laugh... but you can overdo it.

1)You still haven't explained to me Why Hillary told supers to support her run because there would be a big surprise coming Obamas way that would effect the dem party negative in the fall.
    Why would I have to explain that to you?

As I've already said, there is nothing more to come out about obama far as anyone knows. He is very new....

And also mentioned, why would hillary wait until now to bring it out?

You are looking for stuff that is not there.... this is the repeating I was talking about.

Someone answers your question, so you ask the same question but worded a different way... that is not a discussion.

Am I saying obama is hiding nothing? No, I'm not saying that.... all three of these candidates have something to hide.

2)Why is Hillary fighting for votes when there's no way she can possibly win.
    Already being discussed in other threads toward the top in this part of the forum.... look in those.

To answer: to bring in more new dem voters, in hopes obama messes up (or gets hit by a bus), to keep the spotlight on the dems for as long as possible, to damage obama so he can't win in nov, etc, etc.... or any number of other reasons us armchair pundits can dream up.

Who knows why the dems are doing what they are doing... it could be the Dem Party pulling the strings... could be hillary... you never know for sure.

3)Why do you think the Clinton's would never negative on Obama to run in 2011.
    I did not understand this question.... I'm not sure it is a complete sentence... not one I can understand enough to answer.

edit: are you asking why don't clinton destroy obama and then run in 2011? That is possible... but it makes little sense... in the process they would destroy their name and (just about) ruin future clinton's from ever being seen in a positive light. That is my answer anyway... others may think differently.

Plus, I'm not sure it is the Dems best interest to let a republican in office this year. You have to figure, within four years we will pull through a recession... whoever is in office will get credit. More than likely they will be reelected.... Of course, this is all BS I just typed... no facts or truth to it... just my thought. lol

the above are a sure sign to me that the Clinton's are not going away for a long time and will effect Obama prez run for the negative.Hillary isn't going to wait 8 more years to run again..Its not her style as history shows...look for her in 2011

Explain to me why I'm wrong and we will debate..If you have the nads
    Hillary is not going to run again... she is a footnote in history.

I believe her and bill now focus on chealsy....
    Last edited by theog; 05/09/2008 at 12:06 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    sling, you seem to be a good sport with all the flack you are taking.
    It was expected..The primary vote poll thread was a dead giveaway
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Not at all... but obviously, you are obsessed with it... and you are not bringing anything new to the table. Then you keep repeating yourself with rumors and lies... gets a bit old after a while... especially when you are basically trolling the thread and causing disruption. Sometimes disruption is fun or a good laugh... but you can overdo it.

Why would I have to explain that to you?

As I've already said, there is nothing more to come out about obama far as anyone knows. He is very new....

And also mentioned, why would hillary wait until now to bring it out?

You are looking for stuff that is not there.... this is the repeating I was talking about.

Someone answers your question, so you ask the same question but worded a different way... that is not a discussion.

Am I saying obama is hiding nothing? No, I'm not saying that.... all three of these candidates have something to hide.

Already being discussed in other threads toward the top in this part of the forum.... look in those.

To answer: to bring in more new dem voters, in hopes obama messes up (or gets hit by a bus), to keep the spotlight on the dems for as long as possible, to damage obama so he can't win in nov, etc, etc.... or any number of other reasons us armchair pundits can dream up.

Who knows why the dems are doing what they are doing... it could be the Dem Party pulling the strings... could be hillary... you never know for sure.

I did not understand this question.... I'm not sure it is a complete sentence... not one I can understand enough to answer.

edit: are you asking why don't clinton destroy obama and then run in 2011? That is possible... but it makes little sense... in the process they would destroy their name and (just about) ruin future clinton's from ever being seen in a positive light. That is my answer anyway... others may think differently.

Plus, I'm not sure it is the Dems best interest to let a republican in office this year. You have to figure, within four years we will pull through a recession... whoever is in office will get credit. More than likely they will be reelected.... Of course, this is all BS I just typed... no facts or truth to it... just my thought. lol

Hillary is not going to run again... she is a footnote in history.

I believe her and bill now focus on chealsy....
    yawn..Its good of you to once again join this thread. Its sad that you have viewed my post on many occasion since posted and you finally decide to reply..your profile is a dead giveaway what thread your viewing...maybe liquid courage brought you back for response
    Ive bookmarked your post and will reply tomorrow evening so hold tight.
    Good night theog
    You have been very entertaining.
    I know we are tired of links, but take a look at this: http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036
    yawn..Its good of you to once again join this thread. Its sad that you have viewed my post on many occasion since posted and you finally decide to reply..your profile is a dead giveaway what thread your viewing...maybe liquid courage brought you back for response
    Ive bookmarked your post and will reply tomorrow evening so hold tight.
    Good night theog
    You have been very entertaining.
    Say what?

I never *left* the thread.

And "viewed" your post? I'm sitting here working... you give yourself too much credit... I come here when I take a break... and may leave the browser window on this forum and several others.

I don't drink... . Again, you assume things you should not....

Entertaining... lol... trust me, you are the entertainment... lol.... I've enjoyed watching get kicked around today... lol

edit: Come to think of it, why are you looking at my profile long enough to see what pages I visit? You sound like a stalker.... That is creepy....
    Last edited by theog; 05/09/2008 at 12:43 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I know we are tired of links, but take a look at this: http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036
    That is the same guy that did the voice for the video saying Bush was behind 9/11.

The video is the same old stuff... although it needs to be updated with obama throwing rev wright under the bus and running him over.

I can't wait for the one on mccain stating he is a Panamanian, lived in a Hotel in N. Veitnam for five years while other Americans died around him fighting a war, cheated on his wife (maybe both wives), has multiple ethic issues, carries grudges, has a bad temper, has a boyfriend named Lieberman, flip flops on multiple issues, does not understand who we are fighting in the middle east, called himself a liberal republican, thinks reading one book will help him understand economics (which is said he does not understand), wants to be in Iraq for 100 years fighting, wants to declare war on iran, etc.... that should be a great video! I can't wait!
    Last edited by theog; 05/09/2008 at 12:45 AM.
    Oh, is she done... it is sad....

Obama picks up two superdelegates, gap narrowed to seven

Barack Obama won two more superdelegate endorsements Thursday, narrowing his deficit with Hillary Clinton to seven.

North Carolina Rep. Brad Miller and Washington Rep. Rick Larsen both announced they will cast their superdelegate votes for the Illinois senator.

"Senator Obama understands that he has the chance not just to win the election this year, but to be a great president," he added.

Since Tuesday's primaries, Obama has gained six superdelegates while Clinton has picked up one. But Clinton also lost a superdelegate Wednesday — DNC member Jennifer McClellan switched her support to Obama — for a net gain of zero.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...perdelegate-2/
    lol...I was sharing my hard times in this thread with you..I'm very disliked so it seems .
    For one, I don't dislike you and secondly you made some good points sling. I myself can just be an azz at times. I second you being a damn good sport which makes me think your more than one dimentional.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I think that would be disasterous for mccain or obama to have a credible rep or dem running as a third party candidate. If Nader is all obama has to worry about, obama should be ok.

If mccain were to have a "true" republican run, I think he would have some major issues.
    Imagine if Lieberman went 3rd party! The far left Dems hate him, but the Dems that are more central very well may prefer him over the other candidate on the top of the Dem ticket that they did not support.

There are several Reps that may not be happy with McCain, but are not willing to vote for Obama or Hillary....but may could feel very comfortable voting for Lieberman. I would have voted for him over Bush if he has been on the Dem ticket last Pres election.

I don't see this becoming a reality at all, but if it did I see it as the first real chance for a 3rd party in power within the last 150 years.
    I have been consistent across several threads in my view of Hillary as it stands now.....she is in for the count. Claiming anything else at this time I feel is short sighted and a little naive....though in politics 180 degree turn in events never really surprise me. Here are several reasons why I think Hillary is not leaving anytime soon or at least not until about 10-14 days before the convention:

STATE DELEGATES
    If a candidate does not have enough state delegates to name them a nominee, there is no nominee. This is technically a strong argument that cannot be refuted. Whether strong or not when looking at the political trend, this is being used by Hillary to stay in.

She will also pull the FL / MI argument that every vote counts....even though some point out that they still will not put Hillary over the top.

There are still several state primaries, that will not help Hillary with state delegates, but that she is predicted even by Obama to win which will only give her more strength to her argument that the she is still a desirable candidate by party voters.

SUPER DELEGATES
    The reason the above argument is so important is that if a candidate does not have enough state delegates to claim the status of a nominee, then it has to go to a Super Delegate vote. This then leads to nonpublic accountable behind close doors politics. No matter what a Super Delegate publicly pledges, they can change their support once their finger is hanging over the button Aug to cast their vote.

Knowing this, there is little doubt that both sides will continue their pursuit of Super Delegate votes with no reservation in tactics or resources. That means if they have something over someone's head they will use it, if they have a favor owed to them they will call it in, if they bribe with with another favor in return they will, etc....

Love them or hate them, historically I have never seen a Clinton run away when they even had a very slim margin of possible success. If you know of an example to conter this, please share.

WAITING FOR A FUMBLE
    I think a strong possible strategy for her to stay in until just 1-2 weeks before the convention is the possibility of Obama fumbling the ball. All she has to do right now is keep on running behind Obama. If he fumbles the ball at all with a stupid comment, a dirty story breaks, or anything....then she is in the right position at the right time to pick up the ball and run it into the endzone. If she is still in the same position 10 days before the convention and Obama did not fumble at all with no hope of a Super Delegate Win, then at that time she will bow out.

If I was her political adviser, this is what I would advise.

PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
    With no evidence beyond political pundits on TV speculating of possible possibilities with wishful thinking driven by a variety of personal motivations......I can see some of the merits of the purposed 2012 plan scenario.

I really believe that Hillary wants to be in the White House so bad that she has no regard for anyone else, even her own party. I also believe that she has the patience to do what it takes to do it. If she knows that she is going to for sure lose the Super Delegate count in Aug, she still has 2 months of a free hunting license on Obama. While she is a candidate she can take as many pot shots (knowing she is giving the Reps fuel for the coming general election) because it is part of her job while a running candidate. Once she bows out, she is no longer a person running against but now a fellow party member expected to support the Dem nominee.

I have seen it reported over the years that the Clintons do employ a staff specifically for digging up dirt on those who stand in their way and they have historically not been shy on using them. The question is does she see Obama as a person standing in her way to the presidency?

Again, this last point is nothing more than speculating in the wind, but when looking at the Clinton's history it becomes in the least very interesting points to ponder.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 05/10/2008 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Imagine if Lieberman went 3rd party! The far left Dems hate him, but the Dems that are more central very well may prefer him over the other candidate on the top of the Dem ticket that they did not support.

There are several Reps that may not be happy with McCain, but are not willing to vote for Obama or Hillary....but may could feel very comfortable voting for Lieberman. I would have voted for him over Bush if he has been on the Dem ticket last Pres election.

I don't see this becoming a reality at all, but if it did I see it as the first real chance for a 3rd party in power within the last 150 years.
    There are a couple of republicans going 3rd party or trying....

Alan Keys (don't lol)

Bob Bar (don't rofl)

I never said "credible."

You want to know the BIG BOMB!!!! How about if HILLARY went 3rd party?

That would be a disaster of epic proportions. That would be great!

Heck, in that scenario, mccain might not campaign... no way he could lose. lol

All jokes aside, if a credible 3rd party dem gets on the ticket, obama is done. Likewise, if a credible republican goes 3rd party, mccain is done. If a credible republican and dem get in the race, that would be fun... and interesting.
  19.    #79  
    There's not a person I know that calls themselves a Democrat that would be able to pull the lever for Lieberman without throwing up in their mouths.

IF, and it's a big IF given the current numbers, the super Delegates handed the nomination to Hillary, THEN you would see a third party because the Democratic party would split for sure.
    I have been consistent across several threads in my view of Hillary as it stands now.....she is in for the count. Claiming anything else at this time I feel is short sighted and a little naive....though in politics 180 degree turn in events never really surprise me. Here are several reasons why I think Hillary is not leaving anytime soon or at least not until about 10-14 days before the convention:
    Yes, you have stated this across multiple threads... lol

I believe, as I've stated across multiple threads... lol... that is she done in June. Obama's camp is looking to shore everything up by 20 May, which I think is unrealistic. Upon hearing that, clinton's camp now says the "new math" for grabbing the nomination is up to 2200 delegates and not 2025.

Now she says that obama can't win "white america" even though he won "white america" from sea to shining sea. In addition, we have never been "here" before... we don't know for sure how obama will perform. Although, I don't agree that hillary said a "racist" statement as some alluded. I think she is pointing out the fact that obama has not done well with catholics or blue-collar workers. That is a fact.... How she stated it might not have been bright, but I doubt if it were a racist statement....

Clinton is seriously becoming a pain in the rear... it is ridiculous. If I were her supporter, I'd feel ashamed right now. She is a disgrace to herself, her family, her party, and her country.

STATE DELEGATES
    If a candidate does not have enough state delegates to name them a nominee, there is no nominee. This is technically a strong argument that cannot be refuted. Whether strong or not when looking at the political trend, this is being used by Hillary to stay in.

She will also pull the FL / MI argument that every vote counts....even though some point out that they still will not put Hillary over the top.

There are still several state primaries, that will not help Hillary with state delegates, but that she is predicted even by Obama to win which will only give her more strength to her argument that the she is still a desirable candidate by party voters.
    At this point, obama does not mind sitting fl and mi... they do him no harm... they are not even a factor. The race is on for super delegates. FL and MI are moot at this point....

At the rate obama is picking up super delegates, it is only a matter of time before this is over. I've read members of the House who are not committed are going to get together and vote in a block (who knows if that is true or not). If true, and obama takes a sizable lead in super delegates, I think the rest of the delegates will fall into line fairly quickly.

I believe clinton herself is going to trigger a mass run to obama in order to shut her up. There is a bad joke in there someplace... lol

SUPER DELEGATES
    The reason the above argument is so important is that if a candidate does not have enough state delegates to claim the status of a nominee, then it has to go to a Super Delegate vote. This then leads to nonpublic accountable behind close doors politics. No matter what a Super Delegate publicly pledges, they can change their support once their finger is hanging over the button Aug to cast their vote.

Knowing this, there is little doubt that both sides will continue their pursuit of Super Delegate votes with no reservation in tactics or resources. That means if they have something over someone's head they will use it, if they have a favor owed to them they will call it in, if they bribe with with another favor in return they will, etc....

Love them or hate them, historically I have never seen a Clinton run away when they even had a very slim margin of possible success. If you know of an example to conter this, please share.
    Once a member has won, they have won... end of story... clinton is done.

Obama won

Clinton is done

WAITING FOR A FUMBLE
    I think a strong possible strategy for her to stay in until just 1-2 weeks before the convention is the possibility of Obama fumbling the ball. All she has to do right now is keep on running behind Obama. If he fumbles the ball at all with a stupid comment, a dirty story breaks, or anything....then she is in the right position at the right time to pick up the ball and run it into the endzone. If she is still in the same position 10 days before the convention and Obama did not fumble at all with no hope of a Super Delegate Win, then at that time she will bow out.

If I was her political adviser, this is what I would advise.
    That is why you are here... you only think of self and not of the party. lol... I know what you meant...

Then again, you might make for a good advisor for her... all of you can get egg on your faces together. lol

No, the smart and intellegient thing to do would be to drop out before everyone who respects you have to vote against you (ie super delegates). Leave before you make a complete buffoon of yourself. Leave before you ruin your family name. Leave before you ruin the party and can't come back.

Support obama and your party... that is what is important at this point...

The time for waiting for obama to "fumble" has passed. He is not going to fumble... if he were to fumble or cave under pressure he would have done so over the past four weeks when things were definitely not going his way... PA loss, the debate he performed poorly, rev wright issue, deciding not to debate, rev wright tv ads by the gop in NC, etc, etc.... he weathered all of that... People are calling obama "Teflon Don Obama."

Even obama has a plan for the gop and swiftboating... obama stated, "I can't be swiftboated."

PLAN FOR THE FUTURE

I have seen it reported over the years that the Clintons do employ a staff specifically for digging up dirt on those who stand in their way and they have historically not been shy on using them. The question is does she see Obama as a person standing in her way to the presidency?

Again, this last point is nothing more than speculating in the wind, but when looking at the Clinton's history it becomes in the least very interesting points to ponder.
    Maybe that is why she has no money left... but then, I'd guess every candidate has someone to dig up dirt on an opponent... that is part of the process.

Obama standing in her way? Are you kidding? He is the only obstacle preventing her from being the nominee... being a nominee is one step from being the president. So close, but yet so far.
    Last edited by theog; 05/10/2008 at 02:44 PM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast