Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    A disk hmmm, ok. I'll try that. Im hoping that the A drive will work. I'll also try Bud's idea when I get home.
    God bless the USA! The country I love, and will support at all costs.
    It sounds to me like you just got this computer, so I am assuming you haven't installed much (if anything) of your own stuff on it .. You may want to get a copy of Win98 or WinME and just install a fresh copy of the operating system on the computer. Since the computer is older, either version *SHOULD* recognize the majority of the hardware installed and install the drivers automatically ..

joe

ps -- i just briefly checked out the thread, so if this has already been mentioned or tried, please disregard this message.
    So adjusting the monitor didn't work, D ev?

Damn!
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  4.    #24  
    I do not have anything installed on this computer.

I did install a fresh copy of Win 98 which did not change a thing. Really bummed me out.

I tried to adjust the settings but that is the thing, It is stuck on 640x480 and 8 colors. As soon as I get home i'll try getting the drivers on the floppy.
    God bless the USA! The country I love, and will support at all costs.
    Originally posted by D ev R ay 4Real
    I do not have anything installed on this computer.

I did install a fresh copy of Win 98 which did not change a thing. Really bummed me out.

I tried to adjust the settings but that is the thing, It is stuck on 640x480 and 8 colors. As soon as I get home i'll try getting the drivers on the floppy.
    AHH Windows 98 - things become clearer. An 800 Mhz processor is definitely newer than Windows 98. The sucker probably is not recognizing any of your peripeherals 'cause they are too new.

If this is true, the first thing that you need to do is get the latest motherboard drivers. A lot of your other problems may clear up at this point since Win98 may not be recognizing your core-logic properly. Or you may need to get drivers for the different peripherals still, but things should at least start working.

The other alternative is to see if you can lay your hands on Windows Me and see if it recognizes things better.

When your hardware is newer than the OS you get to go through lots of extra fun.

Good luck.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12