Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    <rant>
    Get out of your damn car.

    I am completely sick of people whining and moaning about gas prices while they continue to drive three blocks to the video store.

    • Start car pooling to work
    • Ride the bus
    • Ride a bike
    • Get rid of your SUV


    And if you are gullible enough to buy into the concept of a "gas tax holiday", please forgo breeding.

    </rant>
    Last edited by daThomas; 05/04/2008 at 07:19 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    <ant>
    Get out of your damn car.

    I am completely sick of people whining and moaning about gas prices while they continue to drive three blocks to the video store.

    • Start car pooling to work
    • Ride the bus
    • Ride a bike
    • Get rid of your SUV


    And if you are gullible enough to buy into the concept of a "gas tax holiday", please forgo breeding.

    </rant>
    Or just buy a smaller car, or would that be un-American?

    My wife's car isn't even 980cc (a Toyota Yaris), apparently gets 52 mpg combined, and gets us around just fine.

    Surur
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    <ant>
    Get out of your damn car.>
    Great idea yet to bad so many depend on them to get to work and drop of the kids at school.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    <I am completely sick of people whining and moaning about gas prices while they continue to drive three blocks to the video store.
    I think it's pretty sad as well.consumers not wanting to be ripped off by big oil is pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    <
    • Start car pooling to work
    • Ride the bus
    • Ride a bike
    • Get rid of your SUV
    >
    You forgot ,
    hmm Buy less food ,retail items like cloths and heating oil because of price hike due to higher fuel prices.


    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    <And if you are gullible enough to buy into the concept of a "gas tax holiday", please forgo breeding.

    </rant>
    I agree,Gas tax holiday is a joke as is the stimulus check so many are getting in the mail.
    They are just band-ads covering the american scab are government has caused
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    <ant>
    Get out of your damn car.

    I am completely sick of people whining and moaning about gas prices while they continue to drive three blocks to the video store.

    • Start car pooling to work
    • Ride the bus
    • Ride a bike
    • Get rid of your SUV


    And if you are gullible enough to buy into the concept of a "gas tax holiday", please forgo breeding.

    </rant>
    A little war with your gas tax? After all, McCain explains exactly why Bush went to war in the first place... we war for the oil!

    Quote Originally Posted by McCain
    "My friends, I will have an energy policy that we will be talking about, which will eliminate our dependence on oil from the Middle East that will prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East," McCain said.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24434071/
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  5. #5  
    I frankly do not want a gas holiday, though regardless of what Obama says, it still means something. I want: government out of the free enterprise system, drill in areas that are known to have oil and within our borders. Hillary needs to say she will take 10 billion or whatever the amount was from big oil - such a stupid comment. When one looks at the the bottom line and the per centage the profit comes to, which is around 7% or so, that is not an outrageous amount. What she wants to take will hit the pockets of those of us who have invested in our future retirement
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    <ant>
    Get out of your damn car.

    I am completely sick of people whining and moaning about gas prices while they continue to drive three blocks to the video store.

    • Start car pooling to work
    • Ride the bus
    • Ride a bike
    • Get rid of your SUV


    And if you are gullible enough to buy into the concept of a "gas tax holiday", please forgo breeding.

    </rant>
    Does it make sense to cut the gas tax for the summer when we should be discouraging driving, when we want to steer folks to more efficient forms of transportation, when we want to employ construction workers to repair worn out infrastructure ??

    I envy those with the big brains who can figure out all this complicated issue stuff.

    And I'm jealous of those with them big hearts -- who can have those big idealistic thoughts.

    Gosh that must be fun.

    Me -- I’m not smart or nice enough for all that.

    All I understand is the getting and holding on to power.

    Campaigns -- both political and military -- are directed to the objective of crushing your opponent’s neck beneath your heel.

    I’ve devoted my life and career to that above all else.

    Once you wear the crown or have the Presidential seal on your cufflinks then you can occasionally afford the luxury of doing what’s right when its politically unpopular.

    Repugnicans -- for all their corruption, venality, hypocrisy, and guile -- they understand this concept innately.

    They would sacrifice almost any principle toward the end of getting and holding on to power. For example, Repugnicans hate illegal immigration (as do I). But once McCain became the nominee, they have entirely forgotten about it.

    If it would further their interest, there is no lie they would not tell.

    They will feverishly make this election about flag pins, the pledge of allegiance, the death tax, gay marriage -- about a pastor who made sermons that have nothing much to do with one of his congregants --- if it helps them in any way toward the objective of getting and maintaining power.

    Should Hillary be advocating this gas tax “holiday” ?? Should she be pandering to the basest most short term oriented, beer swigging, WWW watching human -- the kind whose every t-shirt is scared with tomato sauce drool and vomit ???

    Yup.

    You know what she should do ??

    What-ever-it-takes.

    Whatever it takes to communicate to them unwashed disaffected humans out there -- the ones who aren’t sure where they’ll find the money to pay last month’s ARM inflated mortgage payment -- never mind this one’s.

    The folks who are standing in lines for 12 hours praying to be hired at Walmart -- where if they’re lucky, they’ll maybe get a 20 hours a week, part time slot.

    The ones who have no illusions of helping their kids go to college, or helping their sick parents, or of affording diesel for their semi.

    She’s telling those folks that she hears them -- that she “feels their pain” as Bill had. That she will do WHATEVER is needed to make things better -- better for them.

    I know all about idealism. About how every 4 years people parade about saying this time it will be different -- this time we’ll elect a noble pure hearted soul, one who will not manipulate the country, who will not demonize his opponents, will not demogogue about gays, taxes, and patriotism in order to win.

    Those are people who campaigned for McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, Teddy Kennedy, Kerry...

    Idealists.

    I know them though, by a different name:

    Losers.

    Oh BTW -- I’d guess that my carbon foot print is likely smaller than anybody here. Very probably smaller than yours da T.

    I haven't owned a vehicle in 5 years.

    I bike everywhere, I live in an ultra efficient house, and by summers end I will be adding a DIY solar water heater to work with my hyper efficient tankless water heater. I have ceiling fans in almost every room, and almost never use AC.

    My utility bills seldom exceed $40.

    I don’t give a shiite about what she says to get elected -- as long as she does right when she gets to be in a position to make things right.

    >rant off<
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/04/2008 at 04:30 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    <ant>
    Get out of your damn car.

    I am completely sick of people whining and moaning about gas prices while they continue to drive three blocks to the video store.
    • Start car pooling to work
    • Ride the bus
    • Ride a bike
    • Get rid of your SUV

    And if you are gullible enough to buy into the concept of a "gas tax holiday", please forgo breeding.

    </rant>
    I agree.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I frankly do not want a gas holiday, though regardless of what Obama says, it still means something. I want: government out of the free enterprise system, drill in areas that are known to have oil and within our borders. Hillary needs to say she will take 10 billion or whatever the amount was from big oil - such a stupid comment. When one looks at the the bottom line and the per centage the profit comes to, which is around 7% or so, that is not an outrageous amount. What she wants to take will hit the pockets of those of us who have invested in our future retirement
    yup.

    those poor poor abused and misunderstood oil companies...

    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  9. #9  
    Have you looked at their expenses? The profit may have been $14b, but when you look at the over all costs - is that way out of line? When you start stealing (that profit and that is exactly what it is - appropriating funds) those profits, what does it do to their ability to explore, work on new technologies, pay those that invest, your retirement, et cetera. I read somewhere that the actual profit is 7% of their total investment, which is not out of line with the amount in general. It is a lot, but not when compared with the over all picture.

    If it affects your retirement, would you say yes to it?
  10. #10  
    You have just described both parties and when you mentioned hyprocrisy, you just gotta include all of the top democrats in the Congress and Senate - losers all of them.

    Bayre said;
    Repugnicans -- for all their corruption, venality, hypocrisy, and guile -- they understand this concept innately.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You have just described both parties and when you mentioned hyprocrisy, you just gotta include all of the top democrats in the Congress and Senate - losers all of them.

    Bayre said;
    Repugnicans -- for all their corruption, venality, hypocrisy, and guile -- they understand this concept innately.
    That is the problem with flinging monkeys......they never stop to smell their hands after their initial joy of hearing that sloppy sound hitting the wall on the other side of the fence.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Have you looked at their expenses? The profit may have been $14b, but when you look at the over all costs - is that way out of line? When you start stealing (that profit and that is exactly what it is - appropriating funds) those profits, what does it do to their ability to explore, work on new technologies, pay those that invest, your retirement, et cetera. I read somewhere that the actual profit is 7% of their total investment, which is not out of line with the amount in general. It is a lot, but not when compared with the over all picture.

    If it affects your retirement, would you say yes to it?

    Kill the *evil* companies.

    Bclinker, you don't get it... we are not worried about retirement! We want immediate relief.

    And why do those *evil* companies need to reinvest? Explore? R&D? Wait, what is R&D? Does not matter... those companies are *evil*.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

    I donít give a shiite about what she says to get elected -- as long as she does right when she gets to be in a position to make things right.
    I doubt a member of the DLC, and a prior Board Member of Wal-Mart will hardly "do right" by the American Middle Class.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    And why do those *evil* companies need to reinvest?
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    And why do those *evil* companies need to reinvest?
    They seem to spend a lot of money buying off politicians and scientists and on phoney “green” ad campaigns, to make extracting the arctic seem environmental but they have no money to spend for renewable energy. Too focused on short term profits and too que sera about the long term future for my tastes.

    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You have just described both parties
    I like you Ben, you live in Hawaii, you don't waste time watching TV and you don't play games acting objective. But you know that both parties are not equally to blame - the 150 million dollars the energy lobby gave over the last several elections was given to republicans over democrats at a 5 to 1 ratio.
    mahalo
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by electronique View Post
    But you know that both parties are not equally to blame - the 150 million dollars the energy lobby gave over the last several elections was given to republicans over democrats at a 5 to 1 ratio.
    What about the money from lobbies from the carbon credit companies? They are catching up to the oil companies with revenues and starting to hold their own weight on their side of the scale. Plus in order for them to continue making money they have an extreme financial invested interest in oil being the main source of energy used. I have no idea, but do you know how much money their lobbies have spent in Washington? And what is the ratio of Dem vs Rep receiving those monies?

    At current prices, the total value for Russian carbon credits could be between 30 billion and 45 billion euros, or about $40 billion to $60 billion.


    -----

    Developing nations could earn as much as $100 billion annually by 2050 from selling carbon credits, according to an analysis released by the World Bank at the United Nations conference on climate change that ended in Nairobi last week.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1563
  16. #16  
    (Rant)

    Barye is completely and utterly full of ****e. Period.

    ( rant over)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by electronique View Post
    They seem to spend a lot of money buying off politicians and scientists and on phoney “green” ad campaigns, to make extracting the arctic seem environmental but they have no money to spend for renewable energy.
    One company might make 30 billion or more, but together they seem to spend 15 to 30 million toward political campaigns in both parties. What is the issue? They have contributed ba portion of their money to ensure their agenda is kept in the spot light.

    I see nothing wrong with it.

    Funny everyone wants to condemn lobbyists... until they need one. I was recently involved in some business decisions and one of the things discussed was hiring a lobbyist. They are like lawyers or police, you don't like them until you need them. When you need them, they are your best friend.



    Too focused on short term profits and too que sera about the long term future for my tastes.
    And what do you know about short and long term profits? lol... I think we already had the "business" discussion that you turned into a history lesson...

    So you think hillary has a good idea?

    You missed the essence of the discussion anyway.

    Instead of searching the net for wonderful links, answer the question directly and let your argument speak for itself.
    Last edited by theog; 05/04/2008 at 11:56 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    (Rant)

    Barye is completely and utterly full of ****e. Period.

    ( rant over)

    BARYE is full of stars ???

    yes its true -- we are all made up of stardust to some degree or another --

    but of course BARYE, most of all ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I doubt a member of the DLC, and a prior Board Member of Wal-Mart will hardly "do right" by the American Middle Class.
    I know you're busily researching this -- but let me know how much longer you need to get back to me with an answer to my question:

    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

    and how many national elections has your side won recently ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    What about the money from lobbies from the carbon credit companies? They are catching up to the oil companies with revenues and starting to hold their own weight on their side of the scale. Plus in order for them to continue making money they have an extreme financial invested interest in oil being the main source of energy used. I have no idea, but do you know how much money their lobbies have spent in Washington? And what is the ratio of Dem vs Rep receiving those monies?
    Interesting article, thanks for sharing it. With the intense scrutiny by both the right and left on lobbying efforts, if there were any carbon credit lobbying activity going on, you would think Drudge or someone else would have documented it by now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions